BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Ball

rookie1ja

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ball - Back to the Logic Puzzles

How can you throw a ball as hard as you can and have it come back to you, even if it doesn't hit anything, there is nothing attached to it, and no one else catches or throws it?

Ball - solution

Throw the ball straight up in the air.

Everybody's all excited (i.e., angry) about all the "stupid" answers, but the answer given by OP is technically wrong. When you throw the ball up in the air you are never throwing the ball as hard as you can. Due to human body mechanics and gravity, you throw the ball harder throwing it straight or down. Thus, the solution "throw it up in the air and let it fall" fails to satisfy the question because you aren't throwing "as hard as you can." Rather, you are throwing as hard as you can with a limitation, i.e., as hard as you can if you're throwing straight up.

Now, I realize I'm parsing the language of the OP a bit much, and this question could have written the problem out by not including "as hard as you can." But if everybody is going to be so critical of the clever answers (I think throwing the ball from one hand to the other is at least as good as the gravity answer), I think I have license to point out a flaw in the "right" answer.

ok there paul no 1 cares about another f*** planet this is only about a ball and it going into the air and coming back with nothing touching or atached to it so try to stay on earth next time you f*** nerd

Geez, calm down, the guy was only trying to give his OPINION. That's what these forums are for anyway. If you can't handle that then don't post on here. Way to ruin a fun thing for everyone by being a jerk.