BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Step 1: Figure out what the clues mean individually.

Step 2: Figure out what they have in common (bonus points if you go beyond the superficial answer)

Step 3: Fill in the remaining piece of information for each clue that will become obvious after step 2.

OK GO!

1) Born of obscurity, he’s all grown up now.

2) Game piece representing a particular political affiliation.

3) Non-Sovereign boys of the sampled aggregate.

4) A very short time, somewhere between an instant and a jiffy.

5) Turdus migratorius’ father’s daughter-in-law.

6) An immature nipper operating chaotically.

7) Find an understandable meaning from seemingly random gibberish. (What you are trying to do with this puzzle!)

8) There is a question of initial constitution between one and the other.

9) A step-by-step manual for creating Redgrave’s Bagatelle.

10) Keen on an alternative to Asian culture’s current exposure and influence.

Edited by Grayven

• Answers 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Runaway Child, Running Wild?

- by the Temptations

Close, actually. It's funny how all of these clues are sending y'all on quite the wild goose chase! What a happy accident. B))

Runaway doesn't jive with immature. And you gotta drop the "g" and add a ' to make the new word funky.

in with another post!

Will that just be to name the movies they're from?

In which case -

Nowhere Man is featured in a few - I Am Sam, Yellow Submarine and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Mrs. Robinson - The Graduate

Pinball Wizard - Tommy, The Kids Are Alright, The Greatest American Hero (I'm guessing Tommy?)

Decode, then Twilight, and if I'm right with Little Child Running Wild, then 'Friday' or 'Pride'.

in with another post!

Will that just be to name the movies they're from?

In which case -

Nowhere Man is featured in a few - I Am Sam, Yellow Submarine and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Mrs. Robinson - The Graduate

Pinball Wizard - Tommy, The Kids Are Alright, The Greatest American Hero (I'm guessing Tommy?)

Decode, then Twilight, and if I'm right with Little Child Running Wild, then 'Friday' or 'Pride'.

My posts didn't get saved earlier today. I was thinking "Little Child Runnin Wild" too, but I was thinking the movie was Superfly?

Great going guys! Over the hump. Here's an update, if I gave improper credit, I apologize. It's all getting hard to keep track of!

This is what we know so far...

legend:

Blue - correct so far Green is also correct

Red - still needs work.

Step 2: Figure out what they have in common Song titles from movies- Twin pop (bonus points if you go beyond the superficial answer) THERE'S ONE MORE LEVEL OF CONNECTION!! SURPRISE!

Step 3: Fill in the remaining piece of information for each clue that will become obvious after step 2.

OK GO!

1) Born of obscurity, he’s all grown up now. Nowhere Man - shakeepuddnYellow Submarine - Rush

5) Turdus migratorius’ father’s daughter-in-law. Mrs. Robinson - Andromeda/Twinpop The Graduate - Rush?

6) An immature nipper operating chaotically. Little Child Runnin' Wild - group effortSuperfly! - TwinPop

7) Find an understandable meaning from seemingly random gibberish. (What you are trying to do with this puzzle!)Decode - RushTwilight - Rush

9) A step-by-step manual for creating Redgrave’s Bagatelle. Pinball Wizard - Rush/TwinpopTommy - Rush

Thanks for all the effort guys, this is fun. :D

My posts didn't get saved earlier today. I was thinking "Little Child Runnin Wild" too, but I was thinking the movie was Superfly?

yeah, superfly, nicely done! i just did a simple search with the song on imdb and came up with those movies.

Great going guys! Over the hump. Here's an update, if I gave improper credit, I apologize. It's all getting hard to keep track of!

This is what we know so far...

legend:

Blue - correct so far Green is also correct

Red - still needs work.

Step 2: Figure out what they have in common Song titles from movies- Twin pop (bonus points if you go beyond the superficial answer) THERE'S ONE MORE LEVEL OF CONNECTION!! SURPRISE!

OK GO!

1) Born of obscurity, he’s all grown up now. Nowhere Man - shakeepuddnYellow Submarine - Rush

5) Turdus migratorius’ father’s daughter-in-law. Mrs. Robinson - Andromeda/Twinpop The Graduate - Rush?

6) An immature nipper operating chaotically. Little Child Runnin' Wild - group effortSuperfly! - TwinPop

7) Find an understandable meaning from seemingly random gibberish. (What you are trying to do with this puzzle!)Decode - RushTwilight - Rush

9) A step-by-step manual for creating Redgrave’s Bagatelle. Pinball Wizard - Rush/TwinpopTommy - Rush

Thanks for all the effort guys, this is fun. :D

I have not read all the previous answers so sorry if this guess has been made already.

Number 2

Rook. In chess a rook can be either a castle or an elephant. Elephant being the Republican mascot.

I have not read all the previous answers so sorry if this guess has been made already.

Number 2

Rook. In chess a rook can be either a castle or an elephant. Elephant being the Republican mascot.

I hadn't thought about that. My Uncle had a beautiful jade set that had elephants. Not where I was going, but thanks for the good memories!

Average Joe (Dog Park)

The Difference Between This, That and the Other Thing (Manchurian Candidate)

An American in Paris (An American in Paris)

Different World (Crocodile Dundee)

Big Trouble in Little China (Big Trouble in Little China)

Flash

This is one of those moments?

Absolutely!

What is a word that can describe each piece on a chess board, and even some of the players?

and #4 share a bond that the others do not. (statistically, you should have at least half of #3 figured out by now!)

It might help if it read "there is a question of initial constitution between one person and the other.

Spoiler for Also...:

This is a powerfully performed song in a malfunction of a movie.

"keen on" and alternative to Asian

Absolutely!

What is a word that can describe each piece on a chess board, and even some of the players?

and #4 share a bond that the others do not. (statistically, you should have at least half of #3 figured out by now!)

It might help if it read "there is a question of initial constitution between one person and the other.

Spoiler for Also...:

This is a powerfully performed song in a malfunction of a movie.

"keen on" and alternative to Asian

Each piece on the chess board, and even some of the pieces

Pawns

Idea...

is the link that the songs/soundtrack was more popular than the movie/grossed more than the movie?

That's not quite it. One of the movies is one of the highest grossing in history. There is a common connection between each song and the soundtrack it was on.