BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Death Note Mafia: Rematch

Yoruichi-san

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant in general. -_-

Edit: Actually, there's a little over 2 hrs from the time of this post until the end of the day.

*Shoots self in the foot thinking about Shootout* *sigh* Be inactive on me once, shame on you, be inactive on me twice, shame on me :(.

you know, that really hurts :( The only reason i wasn't active is beacuse i didn't know that sinistral had gone :(

[rant=role abilities don't substitute for thinking]

I started out playing "vanilla" mafias where it was all about logic and deception. Playing mafias on BD, I think the specialized roles are interesting, but I'm concerned that sometimes ppl rely too much on the role abilities and not on their own mental abilities. Role abilities should be considered in addition to your own abilities, not in place of them. Everyone has the ability to be clever, lie, deceive, misdirect, and most importantly, think strategically. I don't believe in limiting what ppl can say on the thread, b/c I believe that's an important part of the game. I think ppl are too focused on their own roles instead of the big picture of the game.

I'm disappointed with the level of activity in this game. Both L's were correct in encouraging activity. If I were a TF, I'd definitely try to trick the DNH by pretending to be someone I'm not...try to get them to take the bait and out themselves thinking they had manipulated me for the win. And the lack of innocent killing roles is advantageous due to the TF based on how the Death Notes work. It would be very easy and no risk to have pretended to be a Shinigami.

[/rant]

Edit: And you know I'm very good at pretending to be a role I'm not...;P

Wow! How's the air up there? :rolleyes: If you're assuming we're all in agreement that your games are the best and you're the most crafty player, then you're mistaken. I don't know why you're saying all these things as Host while the game is still going on. My games aside, I take offense that you over-look unreality as not only being the founder of these games on BD, but also the one who IMO has been the most creative and imaginative Host (sorry to bring you up out of nowhere unreality). I also find it somewhat insulting that you're basically saying the players here aren't thinking... You know my role, look at Ben Law's lynch, then tell me I haven't put thought into this game and wasn't capable of using "my own mental abilities". <_<

On another issue, if you're taking offense about people offering constructive criticism during game play, you have done the exact same thing while playing my games. Then you shot me a pm saying "sorry, that wasn't meant, it was just for strategy." And I never took offense and certainly wouldn't have dreamed of writing these insulting posts about people playing my game. How do you know people aren't saying similar things for strategy in your game? Or do you just assume we all think on a lower level than you and you can figure us all out? I normally wouldn't respond like this, but I gotta say that I'm insulted. And if you take offense to this post and don't want me to play, it's your call and I'm fine with whatever. I'm not one to sit back and keep my mouth shut when I think someone has crossed the line. -_-

*Sigh* my apologies if I hurt your feelings about DNM...but checking the thread in a game you're playing in at least once daily is expected...

that hurts even more... I am on just as much as everyone else except on the days when i have tennis, so "Once a day" is a bit off...

anyway... Lets get back to the game... It dosn't matter that much... I want to see how Bb dies....

Wow! How's the air up there? :rolleyes: If you're assuming we're all in agreement that your games are the best and you're the most crafty player, then you're mistaken. I don't know why you're saying all these things as Host while the game is still going on. My games aside, I take offense that you over-look unreality as not only being the founder of these games on BD, but also the one who IMO has been the most creative and imaginative Host (sorry to bring you up out of nowhere unreality). I also find it somewhat insulting that you're basically saying the players here aren't thinking... You know my role, look at Ben Law's lynch, then tell me I haven't put thought into this game and wasn't capable of using "my own mental abilities". <_<

On another issue, if you're taking offense about people offering constructive criticism during game play, you have done the exact same thing while playing my games. Then you shot me a pm saying "sorry, that wasn't meant, it was just for strategy." And I never took offense and certainly wouldn't have dreamed of writing these insulting posts about people playing my game. How do you know people aren't saying similar things for strategy in your game? Or do you just assume we all think on a lower level than you and you can figure us all out? I normally wouldn't respond like this, but I gotta say that I'm insulted. And if you take offense to this post and don't want me to play, it's your call and I'm fine with whatever. I'm not one to sit back and keep my mouth shut when I think someone has crossed the line. -_-

I never said anything about being the best or anything along those lines. I was expressing my opinion in general about specialized roles in mafia games and how I have seen that ppl have a tendency to rely too much on those roles. I am 100% with you on unreality being the founder and his games have been great and fun. ABR has also been great and fun and different. My intend for DNM was to also to be different, and I've specifically stated that many times. I did not direct my statement towards anyone in particular. I am not saying anything about anyone, just on the general trend I've noticed, hoping to alert others to it as well. As for you and the BL thing, it's unfair for you to take my general rant as being directed to you without taking my congratulations to the TF for getting Ryuk as being directed towards you, since it would follow rationally that that would be directed towards the person who accomplished it...

I don't take offense to you post, I just don't understand it, and I think you're misunderstanding me, and being the one taking offense where you shouldn't be. I am all for well thought out constructive criticism, i.e. presenting what you think should change and the reasons why, but the general complaining statements like "aw, I wish we had a killing role right now" without even trying to think about what effect it would have on the entire game is not welcome and basically are equivalent to "aw, I wish I could just magically win right now".

Edit: And as I recall, I was the one defending your ABR setup when others when complaining about it being unbalanced... <_<

Edited by Yoruichi-san

that hurts even more... I am on just as much as everyone else except on the days when i have tennis, so "Once a day" is a bit off...

anyway... Lets get back to the game... It dosn't matter that much... I want to see how Bb dies....

*Sigh* like I said...I apologize for DNM...my once-a-day comment was about Shootout, where we were waiting for you for two days...

Two things.

First. Is there this much sexual tension b/w Itachi and Ysan in the TV show? ;) kidding

Second. It seems that I will probably die today. Which means...

Rem, I need you to now tell us the roles+names of those 3 players you spied. Misa may very well need them tonight. ^_^

Edit: Oh, they are from 2 different shows :P the '-san's threw me.

Edited by Brandonb

Two things.

First. Is there this much sexual tension b/w Itachi and Ysan in the TV show? ;) kidding

Second. It seems that I will probably die today. Which means...

Rem, I need you to now tell us the roles+names of those 3 players you spied. Misa may very well need them tonight. ^_^

Edit: Oh, they are from 2 different shows :P the '-san's threw me.

Now? Ok...

For Prince Marth, he is Near

For Itachi, he came up as Mogi, but the Prof. has claimed this role as well, meaing that Itachi could be Aiber...or the Prof. is lying...you can decide.

Hope this helps, and I will spy on someone else tonight as well...

<(^-^)>

Edit: removed dead players

Edited by Kathleen

Now? Ok...

For Itachi, he came up as Mogi, but the Prof. has claimed this role as well, meaing that Itachi could be Aiber...or the Prof. is lying...you can decide.

<(^-^)>

Sorry, I meant just the living players <_< my fault

Edited by Brandonb

Now? Ok...

For Dawh the first, he was Wedy

<(^-^)>

Interesting...if they were all correct. :ph34r:

Maybe such discussions are better left to the conclusion of gameplay, There's still more to do here.

Yeah, sorry...just trying to suggest that it's possible for those who may feel helpless to help themselves...;P

Hehe...may be getting carried away with myself in this Day Post...XP

That can't be good :P any chance of it being extra gorey? :P

Actually...surprisingly, I'm not in a very violent mood...just disappointed at my words being misinterpreted...when I've cared enough about my players that I was worrying myself over it for the last two days...and when I try to make an observation to help those who feel helpless...suddenly I'm attacked for it...:(

DAY THREE

“Matsuda May Be The End Of Me”

Flashback (last Night…based on a true story…hehe…dialogue taken directly from the horse’s mouth)

Light was standing by the window in his small apartment, looking out at the majestic moon, unable to sleep due to his apprehension about the day to come. Misa rushed over to Light. She flung her arms around him and hugged him tightly, wanting to never let go. Light wrapped his arms around her as well, and bent his neck to position his mouth to her ear. “Hey Sin,” he whispered softly, sweetly. Tears welled up in his eyes and a lump formed in his throat, but he swallowed and continued, “Just in case we fail, and I die tomorrow…” The words caused Misa’s embrace on him to tighten, but Light found it surprisingly comforting. His smile was bittersweet as he finished his sentence “…It was nice working with you.”

They had bonded through the entire experience. But tonight, their bonding would be complete.

The remaining group of 12 filed one-by-one into the stuffy conference room (with the dangerously plush chairs) in the Investigations Building. Well, actually, 11 of them filed one-by-one into the room. After taking their respective seats, they glared with anxious annoyance at the empty seat where Matsuda should have been sitting, then correspondingly glanced at the clock ticking away on the far wall.

A few minutes later, Matsuda shuffled into the room, tripping over the threshold. After regaining his balance, he hastened to his seat with an ingenuous apologetic look on his face. He set the soda can he had been carrying on the table with one hand and put the other hand behind his head, giving the room an abashed grin. The room collectively sighed.

Prof. Templeton coughed pointedly to draw the room’s attention. “Well…” he said, pushing his glasses up his nose. “It appears there is a tie. I suppose we should solve this with a good old-fashioned coin flip. Now who has the coin?”

Brandonb grinned to himself in triumph as everyone’s looks were tossed around the room. He always won coin tosses, so victory was his! Finally, Cherry Lane exclaimed, “Oh, I remember, we gave Matsuda the coin for safe-keeping!” 22 eyes came to rest on Matsuda.

“Right!” he asserted, reaching into his right jacket pocket. After fumbling around for a minute, a confused look crossed his face. He pulled his pocket out. Nothing. He reached into his left jacket pocket. Empty as well. He patted his pants’ pockets. Still no. Befuddled, he scratched his head. He reached out to pick up the can of soda on the table and absentmindedly took a sip. As his eyes focused on the can, realization dawned on his face.

The room let out another collective sigh. Then foolonthehill said “Hey, no fear…we’ll just fix up the nifty random number generator on L’s laptop.” The group crowded around as he boot up the computer. “Okay, below 5, it’s Brandonb, above, it’s the second dawh.” After Mathematica loaded, he typed in “Random[Real,{1,0}]”. Everyone’s eyes stared anxiously at the screen. The number that appeared… 1.96119.

“Nooooo….” cried Brandonb, throwing up his hands to his head, moaning in pain as he clasp his skull on both sides. Through a series of indescribable events, long ribbons of bandages were dispensed from his back and some began to wrap themselves around his head. The other ribbons lashed themselves outwardly, knocking into the members of the group and pitching them into the walls. When the transformation was complete, Brandonb’s head was completely enrobed in the bandages, on which were painted long, vertically oriented black eyes.

Struggling to his feet, Sparanda stammered “Wh-a-at ha-a-ppened?”

An enigmatic voice answered him from behind. “He’s turned into an Egg of Kishin…from eating too many innocent souls in mafia games.”

Twisting around, Sparanda cast stunned eyes on the orator. The figure was robed entirely in black, and her face was covered with a skull mask. Underneath her, small devices which spewed blue fire allowed her to levitate in the air. Standing besides Shinigami-sama was a red-haired man in a sleek suit, who was smoking a cigarette. Shinigami-sama thrust out her arm. The red-haired man threw down his cigarette and then his form disappeared into a swirl of light. The light carved out a circle in the air and rematerialized into…a Death Scythe.

Shinigami-sama’s hand closed on the handle of the scythe. Her body flew forward over the mahogany table, propelled by the blue-fire devices. As she neared Brandonb, she drew back the scythe. In a flash, her expert swing cut his body in half, releasing the intensely glowing red orb of his soul. Shinigami-sama reached out her white-gloved hand, and the orb floated into it. Shaking her head, Shinigami-sama lamented sadly, “I’ve never seen a soul this corrupt…”

Then in a flash, Shinigami-sama and the Death Scythe were gone.

Shinigami King: Y

Roster:

1)Brandonb - DEAD [Light] (turned into an egg of Kishin and Death Scythed down)

2)Itachi-san

3)Sinistral[Misa]

4)dawh - DEAD (written into Death Note by DNH)

5)foolonthehill

6)Cherry Lane

7)Joe's Student - DEAD (written into Death Note by DNH)

8)Kat

9)SomeGuy - DEAD (written into Death Note by DNH)

10)the second dawh

11)Mekal

12)Sparanda

13)Star_tiger

14)Prof. Templeton

15)Prince Marth

16)Ben Law - GONE [Ryuk] (Shinigami chopped)

Edited by Yoruichi-san