BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Death Note Mafia: Rematch

Yoruichi-san

LOL! :lol:

:lol: Double LOL!! :lol:

Of course there is ST. All you have to do is obey me. :)

If you side with me you will not die. In fact... I will choose you to join the ranks of the elite few in the new glorious world that I am creating. A great world without crime, without deception or cruelty. All those that appose Kira will perish. All of those that heed to the will of Kira will prosper.

You seem as though you would like to win this game, and that is as easy as changing your vote to Dawh2.

This is a one time offer that I am extending to all of the task force. If you pass it up, you will DIE.

I am god of this new world. Obey me, and you shall not be punished... you will win. ^_^

I don't see how that would allow me to win... :(

I don't see any reason to surrender; I was too quick to give in in a former existence. :P

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see any reason to surrender; I was too quick to give in in a former existence. :P

Bb is just being silly :P He would be assassinated before he becomes God of a new world... :D

Count yourself lucky for having two lives, dawh... ;)

Yes, you can still win. If you pledge your allegiance to me for the rest of the game, then we can call the game right here right now and you will not have to die. You may enjoy the prosperous new world, alive and well.

Aside... If you decline, your sacrifice will bring about my new kingdom. You should feel honored Dawh. I will not forget you.

[rant=Innocent Killing roles, con'd] Oh, and before anyone brings up the idea of giving the TF a Death Note...

First off, if they held a Death Note, they would be a Death Note Holder B)) .

But seriously, that would actually be a lot worse than having an assassin-type killing role. An assassin type would encourage trigger-happiness and friendly-fire. An innocent Death Note would extenuate "previous-game bias" and have the effect of punishing players for being good, which I really really REALLY hate.

While an assassin would try to avoid killing a good player they're unsure about b/c they don't want to risk losing that player if they're actually on their team, with a Death Note, there is no reason not to go after the good players first as DNH/Shinigami. In fact, it's the rational thing to do, since they would only die if they were your enemy. Supporting having players getting killed simply b/c they're good ruins the integrity of the game in my eyes, and goes against all my founding principles. -_- [/rant]

Yes, you can still win. If you pledge your allegiance to me for the rest of the game, then we can call the game right here right now and you will not have to die. You may enjoy the prosperous new world, alive and well.

Aside... If you decline, your sacrifice will bring about my new kingdom. You should feel honored Dawh. I will not forget you.

Dawh will never gives in! *glare at Dawh into submission*

Nice point by Y-san about Death Notes for TF...just wished that we stood a chance against the DNH/Shinigami <_<

Dawh will never gives in! *glare at Dawh into submission*

Nice point by Y-san about Death Notes for TF...just wished that we stood a chance against the DNH/Shinigami <_<

I wasn't really joking about the guns thing. That is the story after all. I think the TF should be able to kill Misa, Light and Mikami. I feel like the TF needs more power or the DNH's need less.

I wasn't really joking about the guns thing. That is the story after all. I think the TF should be able to kill Misa, Light and Mikami. I feel like the TF needs more power or the DNH's need less.

C'mon Itachi. You're not getting it. The TF can easily win, they just have to make a few key decisions at the beginning. Same as the DNHs. Like right now, you can all still easily win if you just bow to my will, and accept me as god of the new world. It's just as easy as that ^_^

C'mon Itachi. You're not getting it. The TF can easily win, they just have to make a few key decisions at the beginning. Same as the DNHs. Like right now, you can all still easily win if you just bow to my will, and accept me as god of the new world. It's just as easy as that ^_^

I'd rather face death, thanks!

Edited by Cherry Lane

I clearly got the easy way out...

As my God says (and I actually agrre!), the vote control is quite effective. There is a compromise for the DNH because there are occasions when they find a role and just have to kill them immediately, to prevent their activity. I wonder if there should be more of a penatly to manipulating - maybe a risk that the manipulated player's True Name gets exposed in the day post, before they die?

I agree with Y-san that the TF don't need a killing role other than the lynch - I think it would almost certainly have lost the TF the game earlier in this case. The aim of this game for the TF is to find out who the DNH are and keep as many TF alive as possible for as long as possible - which is why there are so many spy roles. My only thought might be to make it harder for the DNH/Shinigami to kill successfully...it doesn't take a huge number of correct kills before they have a majority.

And, obviously, your best answer is to listen to the ever-correct God and serve him well like good old Mikami.

I think both DNM's have been very well crafted. Maybe my experience in mafia type games is still limited compared to some, but DNM has been very intriguing in how the players relationships are done and the complexity of the gameplay. A thinking mans Mafia perhaps. If the DNH win this time it will be because the TF was unlucky enough to lose L very early on just like last time. L's message to the task force seems to be an important element that has been missed out on in both versions. I don't believe the TF needs a killing role, unless you were to restructure and add more characters. They just need a way to communicate and with no L, they don't have it. I wanted L to last longer this go around to see how his messages could effect the gameplay. I hope there is a DNM3 where maybe L could live longer than a cycle and still no TF kill role. IMO

[/Misa]

Agreed. This is the most advanced mafia game I've ever played... its all about thinking. Lets not take a step in the opposite direction by adding in a TF-sided killing role. Perhaps a role that prevented manipulation would work instead.

I had another idea... but it might be a little too intense for some people. Then again the whole game seems like it should be intense, and this is a game for their lives, so last night I was thinking... if I were TF in this situation... what could I do to prevent what lies ahead? And I thought... I could kill myself. If a TF who was going to be manipulated were to take his own life... his vote wouldn't count in favor of the DNH the next day, and it would upset their number calculations and result in a win for the TF. However if a TF who was not being manipulated were to do that... it would be devastating. So it might not be bad to include the option to kill yourself during the night, just use at your own risk. Plus it would be really cool if anyone actually pulled that off.

[Misa]

Edited by Sinistral

no, the task force had guns ;)

[big bad wolf with a Death Note to little red riding TF] All the better to shoot yourselves with, my dear [/big bad wolf with a Death Note to little red riding TF]

seriously though. I do like the idea of only light being able to control votes, and only Misa having the eyes. Then if one of them dies, they pass the ability on to Mikami, and if two of them die then the remaining player has both the eyes and the voting manipulation.

Yeah, that would work well

I think both DNM's have been very well crafted. Maybe my experience in mafia type games is still limited compared to some, but DNM has been very intriguing in how the players relationships are done and the complexity of the gameplay. A thinking mans Mafia perhaps. If the DNH win this time it will be because the TF was unlucky enough to lose L very early on just like last time. L's message to the task force seems to be an important element that has been missed out on in both versions. I don't believe the TF needs a killing role, unless you were to restructure and add more characters. They just need a way to communicate and with no L, they don't have it. I wanted L to last longer this go around to see how his messages could effect the gameplay. I hope there is a DNM3 where maybe L could live longer than a cycle and still no TF kill role. IMO

Thanks, and there are other things that went wrong for the TF in this game that I can't talk about until after the game...and happened in both DNMs :(

[/Misa]

Agreed. This is the most advanced mafia game I've ever played... its all about thinking. Lets not take a step in the opposite direction by adding in a TF-sided killing role. Perhaps a role that prevented manipulation would work instead.

I had another idea... but it might be a little too intense for some people. Then again the whole game seems like it should be intense, and this is a game for their lives, so last night I was thinking... if I were TF in this situation... what could I do to prevent what lies ahead? And I thought... I could kill myself. If a TF who was going to be manipulated were to take his own life... his vote wouldn't count in favor of the DNH the next day, and it would upset their number calculations and result in a win for the TF. However if a TF who was not being manipulated were to do that... it would be devastating. So it might not be bad to include the option to kill yourself during the night, just use at your own risk. Plus it would be really cool if anyone actually pulled that off.

[Misa]

I like that idea...but I'm not sure how it works with the whole idea of being manipulated...hmmm...

[big bad wolf with a Death Note to little red riding TF] All the better to shoot yourselves with, my dear [/big bad wolf with a Death Note to little red riding TF]

Yeah, that would work well

Thanks, and there are other things that went wrong for the TF in this game that I can't talk about until after the game...and happened in both DNMs :(

I like that idea...but I'm not sure how it works with the whole idea of being manipulated...hmmm...

The games not over yet; we still have a few tricks up our collective sleeves... :ph34r:

[rant=role abilities don't substitute for thinking]

I started out playing "vanilla" mafias where it was all about logic and deception. Playing mafias on BD, I think the specialized roles are interesting, but I'm concerned that sometimes ppl rely too much on the role abilities and not on their own mental abilities. Role abilities should be considered in addition to your own abilities, not in place of them. Everyone has the ability to be clever, lie, deceive, misdirect, and most importantly, think strategically. I don't believe in limiting what ppl can say on the thread, b/c I believe that's an important part of the game. I think ppl are too focused on their own roles instead of the big picture of the game.

I'm disappointed with the level of activity in this game. Both L's were correct in encouraging activity. If I were a TF, I'd definitely try to trick the DNH by pretending to be someone I'm not...try to get them to take the bait and out themselves thinking they had manipulated me for the win. And the lack of innocent killing roles is advantageous due to the TF based on how the Death Notes work. It would be very easy and no risk to have pretended to be a Shinigami.

[/rant]

Edit: And you know I'm very good at pretending to be a role I'm not...;P

Edited by Yoruichi-san

I'm disappointed with the level of activity in this game.

Well, at this point there is no reason for the TF to be active. The only thing they can do now is either hard themselves or surrender to me. Considering they appear to be doing neither... I guess we are just waiting to see if Mekal shows up in time. He has just over 1.5hrs to make his vote if my timing is correct.

Well, at this point there is no reason for the TF to be active. The only thing they can do now is either hard themselves or surrender to me. Considering they appear to be doing neither... I guess we are just waiting to see if Mekal shows up in time. He has just over 1.5hrs to make his vote if my timing is correct.

Well, if Sinistral really manipulated Mekal, there really isn't any point of Mekal submitting his vote...still, it's nice to see his input on the sudden change of events. If ONLY HE WAS ON... ;)

I meant in general. -_-

Edit: Actually, there's a little over 2 hrs from the time of this post until the end of the day.

*Shoots self in the foot thinking about Shootout* *sigh* Be inactive on me once, shame on you, be inactive on me twice, shame on me :(.

Edited by Yoruichi-san

[rant=role abilities don't substitute for thinking]

I'm disappointed with the level of activity in this game. Both L's were correct in encouraging activity. If I were a TF, I'd definitely try to trick the DNH by pretending to be someone I'm not...try to get them to take the bait and out themselves thinking they had manipulated me for the win. And the lack of innocent killing roles is advantageous due to the TF based on how the Death Notes work. It would be very easy and no risk to have pretended to be a Shinigami.

[/rant]

Edit: And you know I'm very good at pretending to be a role I'm not...;P

I actually outted myself several pages back, hoping someone would comment on it and draw the DNH's fire, but I got nothing. :( Or did I?

Edited by Prof. Templeton

I actually outted myself several pages back, hoping someone would comment on it and draw the DNH's fire, but I got nothing. :( Or did I?

Well, I'm pretty sure you are Naomi or Watari...I'm thinking more Naomi hoping that DNH and Shinigami would think you are Watari...or Watari being straight-forward hoping that DNH would think you wouldn't be straight-forward therefore be a discovery role or Naomi...OR you could be a discovery role that happened to spy on JS (not likely, but could happen)...wait, confusing myself :P but I still don't know...did I miss something crucial? :huh:

Shinigami King: Y

Roster:

1)Brandonb - voting for Dawh2

2)Itachi-san - voting for Brandonb

3)Sinistral[Misa] - voting for Dawh2

4)dawh - DEAD (written into Death Note by DNH)

5)foolonthehill - voting for Dawh2

6)Cherry Lane - voting for Brandonb

7)Joe's Student - DEAD (written into Death Note by DNH)

8)Kat - voting for Dawh2

9)SomeGuy - DEAD (written into Death Note by DNH)

10)the second dawh - voting for Brandonb

11)Mekal - voting for Brandonb

12)Sparanda - voting for Brandonb

13)Star_tiger - voting for Brandonb

14)Prof. Templeton - voting for Brandonb

15)Prince Marth - voting for Brandonb

16)Ben Law - GONE [Ryuk] (Shinigami chopped)

sorry about not being on... I only just got back from Tennis... so as for what my vote is... Do i really need to explain?