BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Death Note Mafia: Rematch

Yoruichi-san

I also have some more views on roles to give out, including some of those who are dead, but will wait until after the night post when things are safer!

Perhaps you'd best share just before the night post, just in case.

Or are you confident you will live through the night? Because you're a DNH?

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps you'd best share just before the night post, just in case.

I might die, that is true. So might you (edit: no, before you say it, of course that is not a threat!). Except that we know we can pass on information/suspicions from beyond the grave, which is why I think there is little point in sharing it during the night. Letting people know we have got things to say is actually more important.

I think there has been way too little discussion this game (which was L's advice for how we win) and I want to talk about things. But time zones have made it more difficult for me to be here at the same time as others (and is the reason why I can't post just before the night post) and, also, there isn't much incentive at night because it gives away information about ourselves which can easily be saved for the daytime.

Edited by foolonthehill

Nice post, Y-san! Was somewhat giggling through the whole post ;) Luv how the TF just shrugged and went off to work at the end :P

Guess Itachi doesn't have to explain himself, although he still might be a DNH ;)

I might die, that is true. So might you (edit: no, before you say it, of course that is not a threat!). Except that we know we can pass on information/suspicions from beyond the grave, which is why I think there is little point in sharing it during the night. Letting people know we have got things to say is actually more important.

I think there has been way too little discussion this game (which was L's advice for how we win) and I want to talk about things. But time zones have made it more difficult for me to be here at the same time as others (and is the reason why I can't post just before the night post) and, also, there isn't much incentive at night because it gives away information about ourselves which can easily be saved for the daytime.

Of course, unless we think that Naomi is still alive, we don't have a method to pass information from beyond the grave. There are two people dead who haven't been identified with the possibility of three more tonight... :blink: Depending on what Rem, Misa and Light all decide to do.

Rem and Misa will know three different identities each by the end of this night (though Misa has killed hers every night) and if three people die tonight, then we could lose a lot of information. I think that some things should be shared, if it can be done in a way that doesn't expose your role. If the wrong people die tonight, then the TF loses a lot of information which the DNH will be able to capitalize on.

I have mixed feelings about giving out information like this, but if we all hold it too long (ie. "Just one more day...") it will end up being one day too many and we won't get any of it. The question comes down to: do we want to guarantee three deaths by giving the DNHs too many names for free, but be able to nail down the identities of our enemies; or do we want to try to hold out for one more day to try to get one more piece of information in relative obscurity. I would say it might be better to tell all now, since Rem is already guaranteed a kill if he wants it since he will have three identities to choose from. Misa can get her kill if she so chooses, and especially if Bb is Light, he can probably guess the identity of at least one of us, so we will probably lose three anyway.

That's how I see, feel free to disagree with me or point out what I'm missing.

Of course, unless we think that Naomi is still alive, we don't have a method to pass information from beyond the grave. There are two people dead who haven't been identified with the possibility of three more tonight... :blink: Depending on what Rem, Misa and Light all decide to do.

Rem and Misa will know three different identities each by the end of this night (though Misa has killed hers every night) and if three people die tonight, then we could lose a lot of information. I think that some things should be shared, if it can be done in a way that doesn't expose your role. If the wrong people die tonight, then the TF loses a lot of information which the DNH will be able to capitalize on.

I have mixed feelings about giving out information like this, but if we all hold it too long (ie. "Just one more day...") it will end up being one day too many and we won't get any of it. The question comes down to: do we want to guarantee three deaths by giving the DNHs too many names for free, but be able to nail down the identities of our enemies; or do we want to try to hold out for one more day to try to get one more piece of information in relative obscurity. I would say it might be better to tell all now, since Rem is already guaranteed a kill if he wants it since he will have three identities to choose from. Misa can get her kill if she so chooses, and especially if Bb is Light, he can probably guess the identity of at least one of us, so we will probably lose three anyway.

That's how I see, feel free to disagree with me or point out what I'm missing.

I agree with dawh. Plus, the DNH are still going to find the identities of people tonight anyways, so might as well give the TF a heads-up to other people's roles as well. Also, in the case that Naomi is still alive, keep in mind that she can only choose one person to recieve a message from, and it might help her to choose if she has an idea of who the goodies and baddies are.

Assuming that JS was definitely L (which seems sensible at this stage), Naomi could have been one of two dead people - I wish we knew more about them, but they didn't give much away :(. But I don't think that there could be three deaths tonight. It is night 2 now and Rem only gets to kill on odd nights. Also, only Misa can have eyes as far as I can tell, so they would have to guess with their other vote. That means one or maybe two kills tonight.

I don't have any concrete information I can prove just yet anyway - just suspicions at the moment based on what people have said/voted. It's more about discussion and being active, like I said.

edit: sorry, just worked out it is night 3 (I assumed night 2 came after day 2, but we started at night, doh!) So that means 2 or 3 kills tonight as you suggested. :blink: Apple please ;)

Edited by foolonthehill

Assuming that JS was definitely L (which seems sensible at this stage), Naomi could have been one of two dead people - I wish we knew more about them, but they didn't give much away :(. But I don't think that there could be three deaths tonight. It is night 2 now and Rem only gets to kill on odd nights. Also, only Misa can have eyes as far as I can tell, so they would have to guess with their other vote. That means one or maybe two kills tonight.

I don't have any concrete information I can prove just yet anyway - just suspicions at the moment based on what people have said/voted. It's more about discussion and being active, like I said.

edit: sorry, just worked out it is night 3 (I assumed night 2 came after day 2, but we started at night, doh!) So that means 2 or 3 kills tonight as you suggested. :blink: Apple please ;)

Don't worry foolonthehill; I've got your back. ;)

OK REM, here's the deal

Marth, Kat, Sparanda, Mekal, and star_tiger

Please kill one of them, take your pick.

-But be careful. Remember that you should try to avoid choosing the same player as Matsuda. Also, keep in mind to watch out for Aiber.

Light's Out :lol:

Ok, just out of curiosity, but is this just for the sake of posting something? :mellow:

OK REM, here's the deal

-But be careful. Remember that you should try to avoid choosing the same player as Matsuda. Also, keep in mind to watch out for Aiber.

I'm going to guess that not all of those people are TF, one if them is probably Rem...Brandonb is probably trying to put up a smokescreen to continue confusing us.

In the meantime, the DNH are trying to get a voting majority. :(

After a bit of thought...the living players who are not on the list are either DNH or players who Light does not know. Meaning that Itachi-san, Prof., and Sinistral look fairly suspicious right now.

After a bit of thought...the living players who are not on the list are either DNH or players who Light does not know. Meaning that Itachi-san, Prof., and Sinistral look fairly suspicious right now.

Yeah, but I thought Itachi was kinda confirmed by giving us Ryuk...:unsure:

<(^-^)>

No, that's not it. Those people on the list include members of the TF that the DNH aren't targeting. They don't want to overlap kills if they can help it.

In response to Kat, the DNH would be happy to give up Ryuk too since they would lose if Brandonb got lynched. Though I'm not sure how itachi could know that and be a DNH at the same time, so he is almost certainly a TF, unless he is himself Rem.

No, that's not it. Those people on the list include members of the TF that the DNH aren't targeting. They don't want to overlap kills if they can help it.

In response to Kat, the DNH would be happy to give up Ryuk too since they would lose if Brandonb got lynched. Though I'm not sure how itachi could know that and be a DNH at the same time, so he is almost certainly a TF, unless he is himself Rem.

Wait...how come Itachi can't be a DNH? He could be Misa, who already has Shinigami eyes...although it does sound improbable since no one seemed to have supported Ben Law's baddie status, just a lot of "guess Sinistral isn't responsible for the brownie death...might as well go for the other suspect here". *too tired, ended up contradicting oneself, bangs head against desk*

Wait...how come Itachi can't be a DNH? He could be Misa, who already has Shinigami eyes...although it does sound improbable since no one seemed to have supported Ben Law's baddie status, just a lot of "guess Sinistral isn't responsible for the brownie death...might as well go for the other suspect here". *too tired, ended up contradicting oneself, bangs head against desk*

My reasoning was that the DNHs have killed at least one person every night (Misa's kill,) so Misa can't have killed those people and also know the identity of BL, as that would require three uses of the Eyes and there have only been two nights.

Dawh is right on this. This looks exactly like a strategy I tried to use last game. It didn't work for me though because I think I came up with it too late and Ryuk(dawh) had already chosen his target. In the last game I included Ryuk in the list because it would be a name he would know but Matsuda wouldn't, so it narrowed down the targets for Ryuk while increasing the chances of Matsuda missing. It also served the dual purpose of semi-outing Ryuk, though I'm not sure how that part applies in this current situation because Rem's win condition doesn't contradict the DNH win condition, so there's no need for them to out Rem in order to get Rem to go along with it.

Taking all that into consideration, its hard to say whether Rem would be on the list or not. I never really thought about things from the other side of the fence... let me think about the possibilities some more.

OK REM, here's the deal

Well as Mogi, I've already picked one of these names to follow, so you'll have to be extra careful, or lucky. I don't know how much luck the DNH have left, Misa's ID is bound to come out soon. Since we'll probably be voting for Brandonb tomorrow, Aizawa should set his trap. Do we have any suggestions from the rest of the TF on who to trap?

NIGHT THREE

A Rose By Any Other Name…Is Just As Thorny

The light in the small apartment the thorny threesome resided in flickered. At the dining table, Light was once again sitting, hunched over his Death Note. Misa sat besides him, running her small hand through his light brown hair.

“Stop it, Misa,” Light said, swatting absentmindedly at her hand.

“Yeah, God has spoken,” Mikami left the kitchenette area where he had been working and approached the pair. On his cheek was adhered a bandage, a remnant of the last cat-fight. He had on a frilly pink apron with red hearts dotted over it. In his left hand he held a spatula, in his right, a pepper grinder. “Speaking of which,” he continued, staring admiringly at Light. “How would God like his steak?”

Misa pouted, her painted red lips sticking out as far as they could go. “Hey! What about Misa?” she cried.

Mikami glared at Misa over his glasses and taunted “You’re just a nuisance. You can starve to death for all I care. In fact,” he chortled, “we would all starve to death if we had to endure your cooking.”

Misa’s cheeks reddened in fury. She reached for her Death Note. Well, she reached for where it should have been, but Light, being astute and having seen this coming five minutes ago, had removed it and hidden it in an unspoken locale.

As Misa threw her hands up in frustration, Mikami smirked. “It wouldn’t have mattered, anyway,” he leered. “You can’t even spell your own name, let alone, mine.”

Misa’s eyes glowed challengingly. “Yes I can! I can spell my name just fine. It’s S-I-N-I-S-T-R-A-L.”

At the register inside a convenience store, the cashier handed Star_Tiger back her change. She thanked him, picked up her bag, and exited through the glass door, causing the bell to jingle. ST was so deep in her ruminations about the cute boy in her math class (he had the most amazing eyes) that she didn’t perceive the second ring of the bell a few seconds later.

Star_Tiger strolled towards her house, unaware of the lavender mummy that was following her. She was completely oblivious to the fact that she was being targeted by Rem, who couldn’t stand there being a more kawai girl than his Misa around. Suddenly, a sick feeling invaded Rem’s stomach. Uh oh, he thought, Misa’s done something dumb again. Grudgingly turning away from his target, he took off in the air towards his ward.

Landing outside on the patio of Light’s apartment, he peeped in through the window, to see a sight that was becoming too familiar. Misa and Mikami were attempting to scratch each other’s eyes out, and Light, resigned to his fate by now, attempted to ignore them.

Rem shrugged and pulled out his Death Note from underneath layers of bandages. He opened it up to an empty page and scrawled Star_Tiger’s name in it. Then he paused and scratched his head. What was her True Name again?

That Night, Star_Tiger slept soundly, freely dreaming about math boy with the amazing eyes.

Shinigami King: Y

Roster:

1)Brandonb

2)Itachi-san

3)Sinistral[Misa]

4)dawh - DEAD (written into Death Note by DNH)

5)foolonthehill

6)Cherry Lane

7)Joe's Student - DEAD (written into Death Note by DNH)

8)Kat

9)SomeGuy - DEAD (written into Death Note by DNH)

10)the second dawh

11)Mekal

12)Sparanda

13)Star_tiger

14)Prof. Templeton

15)Prince Marth

16)Ben Law - GONE [Ryuk] (Shinigami chopped)

Edit: Added roster (no one died)

Day ends in 24 hours!

Edited by Yoruichi-san