BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Death Note Mafia: Rematch

Yoruichi-san

Shinigami King: Y

Roster:

1)Brandonb

2)Itachi-san - voting for Sinistral

3)Sinistral

4)dawh - DEAD (written into Death Note by DNH)

5)foolonthehill

6)Cherry Lane - voting for Brandonb

7)Joe's Student - DEAD (written into Death Note by DNH)

8)Kat - witholding her vote

9)SomeGuy - DEAD (written into Death Note by DNH)

10)the second dawh - voting for Brandonb

11)Mekal

12)Sparanda voting for Sinistral

13)Star_tiger

14)Prof. Templeton

15)Prince Marth

16)Ben Law - voting for Brandonb

I have to go with Itachi-san. He and Prof. T were suspicious yesterday and those two normally aren't suspicious for no reason.

:blink: woah, wait. When did dawh get 2 roles? I looked and he took Rene's place, but is it weird for him to control 2 roles? Or am I missing something entirely?

Dawh is replacing Rene, as she can't play. He is taking over her role since his last one is dead. That would imply that dawh didn't figure out anything of importance before dying, in fact the character dawh would have had before or might have been unable to do something that night. Whatever the case, it's obvious Dawh's role wasn't something huge :P I don't know who to vote for, so I'm witholding my vote to hear other opinions first. I don't want to join some brandonb bandwaggon (unless I missed something while speed skimming :wacko:) I will try try try TRY to be on later if I can to vote, but my computer time is being limited.

<(^-^)>

Edit: Added a line

Edited by Kathleen

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I going with my vote from day one

Roster:

1)Brandonb

3)Sinistral

5)foolonthehill

11)Mekal

13)Star_tiger

14)Prof. Templeton - voting for Sinistral

15)Prince Marth

Uh...some ppl are still missing the point...

In the Night 2 post, it says "as the Death Note Holders had written it". Do you see anything like that in the Night 1 post? The 'demonstration' I was talking about it in my last post is the difference...

I assumed the DNH chose the method of death for both JS and Someguy on night 2 and you just worked it into the post. Correct? I also assumed the same for night 1, but if that's not the case then my suspicions of Sinistal are baseless.

Roster:

1)Brandonb

3)Sinistral

5)foolonthehill

11)Mekal

13)Star_tiger - voting for Sinistral

15)Prince Marth

I'm voting for Sinistral because 1) he looks suspicious, especially after re-reading Day/Night 1 posts... 2) "I was kind of dead during that part so I didn't really pay close attention. I'll try to find time to scan back over the votes and I'll see what I dig up. The thing is, we have to be careful; if we lynch Light, Ryuk wins automatically. We have to lynch Ryuk before we can get rid of Light. I think that JS waited too long before offering a deal with the DNH." (quote from dawh) I agree with the must-not-get-rid-of-Light, and seems to me that Bb is more likely to be Light than Sinistral.

Roster:

1)Brandonb

3)Sinistral

5)foolonthehill

8)Kat - voting for Brandonb

11)Mekal

15)Prince Marth

Yay I have more time! So...I'm concluding that...I dunno, I can't decide :P I pick...brandonb :D It's nothing personal (well actually, it is, every time I have a choice involving you, you usually kill me, so... B)) )

<(^-^)>

Yay I have more time! So...I'm concluding that...I dunno, I can't decide :P I pick...brandonb :D It's nothing personal (well actually, it is, every time I have a choice involving you, you usually kill me, so... B)) )

<(^-^)>

LOL!!!

Anyways... I am not going to be on much tonight... very limited. As a result, I may not be on again after this post. So...

I am Light. :blush:

Believe me or don't believe me... it seems that no one did anyway when I was honestly trying to divert attention away from JS yesterday (but not from the DNH of course :P )

I suggest you go hunt for Ryuk now... B/c you don't want to lose the game so soon, do you? B))

I strongly suggest that you all pay particular attention to those that have voted against me yesterday and today.

-Light's Out

LOL!!!

Anyways... I am not going to be on much tonight... very limited. As a result, I may not be on again after this post. So...

Believe me or don't believe me... it seems that no one did anyway when I was honestly trying to divert attention away from JS yesterday (but not from the DNH of course :P )

I suggest you go hunt for Ryuk now... B/c you don't want to lose the game so soon, do you? B))

I strongly suggest that you all pay particular attention to those that have voted against me yesterday and today.

-Light's Out

Well that's an unexpected twist.

LOL!!!

-Light's Out

I'm trying to decide what to make of this...is this a reasonable strategy if you are indeed Light? It will surely save you from lynching until Ryuk is dead. But what if Sinistral is Ryuk? Then you will be lynched tomorrow. Is that an acceptable risk for Light to take? Given how quickly the DNH won last time, that may be all the time you need.

So I think I'm going to believe you. My vote change will come after I've thought a bit more about it (and seen others' reactions to your post or my comments)

LOL!!!

-Light's Out

Well, we pretty well know that Brandonb is some sort of Villain as a TF member would likely tell what they know and reveal their role so that the DNHs would have to use a Death Note on them. Claiming to be Light is the obvious strategy for any Villain in this situation. The TF is terribly afraid of lynching Light while Ryuk is still alive, so it becomes a gamble as to whether we want to risk calling Bb's bluff. Since the consequences of calling his bluff when he's telling the truth are severe, conventional wisdom would dictate that the TF should back down. The question becomes, are we going to accept conventional wisdom? :blink:

I'm undecided at this point, but we need to talk this thing through; that was L's original message to us and we've been failing on that count pretty badly. So let's start a conversation and figure some things out, or it's another awesomely short game. :(

Woah! I was just about to come along and push the Bb bandwagon - mainly because of his sneaky change of vote yesterday - but then I get to the last page and he goes and turns the whole world upside down.

I'm not sure quite what I believe yet, but here are my thought processes: we know that Light would always need to out himself if he was about to be lynched, so that Ryuk doesn't win. But anyone (particularly as I know how sneaky Bb is, having been on his side!) could use that excuse quite effectively - we (probably) can't take the risk of lynching him and can't confirm/deny his role easily because the real Light wouldn't out himself and Ryuk is only interested in the real Light. For all we know, Bb could be another DNH or even an important TF protecting his role until it's useful...

So, can we take the risk of lynching him? I'm not sure. But, considering the general 'that's a bit suspicious' information we've had so far, this is a bit more concrete. Therefore, I'd have to propose implicating one of the anti-Bb brigade (which I fortunately hadn't joined yet :D) and seeing what they have to say for themselves. My only concern is that everyone we vote for is going to come out with the reply 'I am Light'!

So, let's see.... *goes back to look at voting* (back in a minute)

I agree with the must-not-get-rid-of-Light, and seems to me that Bb is more likely to be Light than Sinistral.

That's a bit odd - what gave you that impression before Bb came out saying he was Light? Pushing suspicion away from Sinistral knowing that Bb would out himself? I guess at least it suggests that you are not Ryuk! (though it assumes Bb is Light)

But it does remind me about the previous votes for Sinistral. There seems to be a consensus that Sinistral is the kind of person to have used PG's brownies in his kills which is what implies he's a DNH (but then could he be Light, and Bb another DNH using Light's name to save himself?). I'm afraid I still don't get Y-san's explanation about what in the night post is story and what is from the DNH - I will reread! Either way, it seems quite a weak argument to me at the moment.

But in the meantime:

Roster:

1)Brandonb

3)Sinistral

5)foolonthehill - voting for Ben Law

11)Mekal

15)Prince Marth

It seems noone voted for Bb yesterday, but ignoring JS: Itachi was a bit against Bb yesterday, though didn't vote - waiting for others to start perhaps? dawh started the voting, but without a great deal deal of evidence - that would be a risky move if you were Ryuk.

The most obvious person trying to start a bandwagon was Ben Law. He kept referring to the old shifty-eyes avatar thing and then voted today after just saying "he's highest on my suspicion list". Let's hear it BL....

edit: tenses!

Edited by foolonthehill

Well, we pretty well know that Brandonb is some sort of Villain as a TF member would likely tell what they know and reveal their role so that the DNHs would have to use a Death Note on them. Claiming to be Light is the obvious strategy for any Villain in this situation. The TF is terribly afraid of lynching Light while Ryuk is still alive, so it becomes a gamble as to whether we want to risk calling Bb's bluff. Since the consequences of calling his bluff when he's telling the truth are severe, conventional wisdom would dictate that the TF should back down. The question becomes, are we going to accept conventional wisdom? :blink:

I'm undecided at this point, but we need to talk this thing through; that was L's original message to us and we've been failing on that count pretty badly. So let's start a conversation and figure some things out, or it's another awesomely short game. :(

I mostly agree with this, except for the "any villain in this situation" part. Misa wouldn't use it. That leaves Light and 3 villains.But I doubt Bb is the villain-in-waiting (sorry, I don't remember the name). So Light and 2 villains.

I'm not sure quite what I believe yet, but here are my thought processes: we know that Light would always need to out himself if he was about to be lynched, so that Ryuk doesn't win. But anyone (particularly as I know how sneaky Bb is, having been on his side!) could use that excuse quite effectively - we (probably) can't take the risk of lynching him and can't confirm/deny his role easily because the real Light wouldn't out himself and Ryuk is only interested in the real Light. For all we know, Bb could be another DNH or even an important TF protecting his role until it's useful...

As I responded to dawh, if Bb is DNH, he most likely is Light over the others. But this would be a great strategy for Ryuk to use also. And he could be TF. It wouldn't be the first time he was an innocent masquerading as a baddie.

edit: saw your post above this one. given the time zones, I don't think you'll get a response from Ben Law.

Edited by Cherry Lane

But it does remind me about the previous votes for Sinistral. There seems to be a consensus that Sinistral is the kind of person to have used PG's brownies in his kills which is what implies he's a DNH (but then could he be Light, and Bb another DNH using Light's name to save himself?). I'm afraid I still don't get Y-san's explanation about what in the night post is story and what is from the DNH - I will reread! Either way, it seems quite a weak argument to me at the moment.

I agree with some of your analysis and we'll have to see how people respond, but as to this question: Y-san was saying that when the DNH make someone die in a specific way, it says so in the night post. As the death of my former self did not have message indicating that the DNH wrote it that way, it means that the only person to implicate PG's brownies in this game was the Shinigami King herself.

It seems noone voted for Bb yesterday, but ignoring JS: Itachi was a bit against Bb yesterday, though didn't vote - waiting for others to start perhaps? dawh started the voting, but without a great deal deal of evidence - that would be a risky move if you were Ryuk.

I doubt that dawh would be Ryuk, since if he is, he probably won't start the voting and will instead end up bandwagonning if it looked like the majority is voting for Light.

I also have my eyes glued on Itachi...he was after Bb before the Night 2 post, and that seems kinda Ryuk-ish to me. He could be thinking of setting up accusations against Bb/Light, so that he can vote for him the next day and win the game <_<

I agree with some of your analysis and we'll have to see how people respond, but as to this question: Y-san was saying that when the DNH make someone die in a specific way, it says so in the night post. As the death of my former self did not have message indicating that the DNH wrote it that way, it means that the only person to implicate PG's brownies in this game was the Shinigami King herself.

:D

I agree with the must-not-get-rid-of-Light, and seems to me that Bb is more likely to be Light than Sinistral.

That's a bit odd - what gave you that impression before Bb came out saying he was Light? Pushing suspicion away from Sinistral knowing that Bb would out himself? I guess at least it suggests that you are not Ryuk! (though it assumes Bb is Light)

Or she could actually be Ryuk and knows that Sinistral is Light...? And Brandon coming out and saying he's Light to save him from the lynch is something that anyone could try...So I'm going to put my vote in for Brandon.

Roster:

1)Brandonb

3)Sinistral

11)Mekal

15)Prince Marth - voting for Brandonb

Edit: Fixed quotes.

Edited by Prince_Marth85

Or she could actually be Ryuk and knows that Sinistral is Light...? And Brandon coming out and saying he's Light to save him from the lynch is something that anyone could try...So I'm going to put my vote in for Brandon.

Do you really think I'm that smart? ;)

PM, you might not believe me, but trust me, Bb is Light. I'm not exactly sure who Sinistral is (thinking DNH as well, thought not 100% certain), but I'm positive Bb is Light.

Roster:

1)Brandonb

3)Sinistral

10)the second dawh - voting for Ben Law

11)Mekal

It's frustrating not to know anything, but I'll trust foolonthehill on this one for now; I'm a little suspicious of the motives for some of the other votes and I think we need more talk than we're getting. If a TF knows something about Brandonb (like if he is Light,) then that needs to be shared. If he is Light and someone knows it, it's far better for the TF to expose yourself rather than try to subtly change the vote to someone else. If someone knows that he is bluffing, don't do anything, (but then how will we know...oh dear, I guess we'll just have to sit and fret until the day post. :o ) But until that time, I'm not comfortable with a bandwagon on Bb in case Ryuk is getting his way.

Edit: something like that ^ above.

Edited by dawh

Just got home from work... looks like its been an interesting day... :o

Okay, I sort of expected to draw a lot of suspicion this game because of what happened last game, but I really don't understand why everyone thinks I'm responsible for this whole brownies thing. It doesn't really matter though, all that matters is that you guys consider my input on this without being biased about the last game, so that we don't lose this game here.

I definitely think Bb is some sort of baddie... his vote from yesterday told us that... I'm just not sure which one yet. To answer your question CL, yes claiming to be Light is a reasonable strategy if you are indeed Light, I had considered it last game as a backup strategy in case Ryuk did not want to go along with my plans. In all the scenarios I ran through in my head... coming out as Light made the most sense in the event that there were a lot of votes against me. It just never actually came up :D. Basically the TF are forced to find and lynch Ryuk before they can lynch Light. I remember commenting to Y-san (and maybe PT too) about how cool it was that Ryuk(who needs to kill Light to win the game), is also his best form of protection. It is also a good strategy for Ryuk to claim Light before Light does, so that if the TF are going to lynch Light, Ryuk has already claimed it and they are not likely to believe it a second time and then Ryuk wins the game. So really it comes down to do we think Bb is Light or do we think he is Ryuk... those are the only two roles his actions make sense for.

Edit: Nevermind... just saw ST's post.

Edited by Sinistral

Roster:

1)Brandonb

2)Itachi-san - voting for Ben Law

3)Sinistral

11)Mekal

I actually have reason to believe Ben Law is a baddie (believe it or not). I was just waiting for Sinistral to finally say something B)) I also believe Bb is Light. I advise all TF to switch their votes to BL a.s.a.p.

As I said before, this makes my initial vote for Sinistral baseless. He's a bit of a night owl (in my T.Z. anyway) so we may not hear what he has to say on the subject. Itachi did seem rather willing to agree with me on that first day, but he may have been under the same impression that I was about the DNH choosing the way dawh (nemero uno) bought the farm. But if what Y-san is implying is true, that she herself picked death by brownies, then I actually don't think Sinistral is responsible for dawh's (numero uno) death. I think if given the chance to pick how his advissary would die, Sinistral would use it. This only means that he may not be Misa and could be one of the other four. I'm leaving my vote for now, but I just want to put it out there.

Edit: Saw Itachi's post and will consider.

Edited by Prof. Templeton

Roster:

1)Brandonb

2)Itachi-san - voting for Ben Law

3)Sinistral

11)Mekal

12)Sparanda voting for Ben Law

Since Sinistral has been absolved of his suspicion, and Itachi-san has given us the suggestion, I am switching my vote. I also believe that Bb is Light and therefore should not be lynched as per the reasons already stated.