BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Death Note Mafia: Rematch

Yoruichi-san

o.o Wow I was in the middle of posting and barely realized Kat had voted for me. Sure, put pressure on the new guy. j/k ;) *sigh* I don't have much evidence, if any, to be honest. For one thing, it's the first night of the game and there's hardly any evidence on the first night...and I'm new so still not that good at weeding out the information like all you pros. Mind explaining why you think I'm suspicious?

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, my random number generator says 8. I'm also going to borrow Woon's strategy of "vote for your neighbors," and assume that dawh could use some popcorn to make the game go by better.

Umm...I don't get Woon's strategy of voting for your neighbors...

Only 1/3 of the roster has been talking, so the other 2/3, start talking, especially if you have extra info :D Right now, everyone is voting for someone else and it looks like everyone's guessing, meaning we need more info/opinions from the other 2/3 if we want to prevent lynching a goodie!

Yes, and if you read the rules, especially the part with all the asterisks ;P, you'll figure out why CL was included in the Night Post. ;)

Oh, I see...totally missed that part!

How much longer is the day post going to last, Y-san?

Yes, and if you read the rules, especially the part with all the asterisks ;P, you'll figure out why CL was included in the Night Post. ;)

The things that are guaranteed to be in the Night Post are the things stated in the role descriptions, as well as the name of those players who were written into the Death Notes to die that Night

Ok, I get it. Light and Misa both (obviously) used their notes last night. Misa would have the near 100% chance of nailing her target (dawh) and Light would have a crappy chance of nailing his target. Considering CL was included in the night post, and the rules say "players who were written into the Death Notes to die that Night" it seems that they targeted CL to die last night. However, she didn't die, so Light guessed wrong and therefore will not able to control her vote actions today.

However, I don't see how any of this can clear CL of anything. They could have thought that since Light would not be able to succeed, they might target one of their fellow DNH under the wrong name, knowing that she would show up in the post as a target. Or she could still be a Shinigami... I'll keep working on this. I have my eye on you CL.

Now... who to vote for...

My non-random, non-number, non-generator :P non-came-up with the name Orange.

Shinigami King: Y

Roster:

1)Brandonb - voting for Sparanda

2)Itachi-san

3)Sinistral

4)dawh - DEAD (written into Death Note by DNH)

5)foolonthehill

6)Cherry Lane

7)Joe's Student - voting for Prof. Templeton

8)Kat - voting for Sparanda

9)SomeGuy - Kat

10)Rene83

11)Mekal

12)Sparanda

13)Star_tiger - voting for Joe's Student

14)Prof. Templeton - voting for Sinistral

15)Prince Marth

16)Ben Law

Ok, I get it. Light and Misa both (obviously) used their notes last night. Misa would have the near 100% chance of nailing her target (dawh) and Light would have a crappy chance of nailing his target. Considering CL was included in the night post, and the rules say "players who were written into the Death Notes to die that Night" it seems that they targeted CL to die last night. However, she didn't die, so Light guessed wrong and therefore will not able to control her vote actions today.

However, I don't see how any of this can clear CL of anything. They could have thought that since Light would not be able to succeed, they might target one of their fellow DNH under the wrong name, knowing that she would show up in the post as a target. Or she could still be a Shinigami... I'll keep working on this. I have my eye on you CL.

I doubt the DNH would write down one of their own under a false role, since I think that would be pretty stupid to do on the first night and would have been better to have found out more about a random person. I'm guessing CL is either an innocent or a Shinigami...

Edited by star_tiger

Now... who to vote for...

My non-random, non-number, non-generator :P non-came-up with the name Orange.

Roster:

2)Itachi-san

3)Sinistral

5)foolonthehill

6)Cherry Lane

9)SomeGuy - Kat

10)Rene83

11)Mekal

12)Sparanda

15)Prince Marth

16)Ben Law

I curse the color orange. It hath defied me. (orange is my favorite color)

Anyhow...I'm back. 2 votes for me...both essentially random. Woo hoo. I figure if I actually say anything to defend myself, I would have to incriminate someone else, which you guys might turn around and say I'm just covering my tracks. This is harder than it looks -_-

Roster:

2)Itachi-san - voting for Sinistral

3)Sinistral

5)foolonthehill

6)Cherry Lane

9)SomeGuy - Kat

10)Rene83

11)Mekal

12)Sparanda

15)Prince Marth

16)Ben Law

I gotta say that I like PT's hunch on the brownie-death. It was very Sinister. ;)

I suppose I had better go ahead and make a vote. I agre with star-tiger's earlier statement of Joe's Student being somewhat paranoid of PT. Other than that, and whatever you guys think Sinistral is suspicious about, I don't see anything. Somehow Sinistral seems to be involved with brownies somehow, but I don't know xD So my vote goes for Joe.

Roster:

3)Sinistral

5)foolonthehill

6)Cherry Lane

9)SomeGuy - voting for Kat

10)Rene83

11)Mekal

12)Sparanda - voting for Joe's Student

15)Prince Marth

16)Ben Law

I really hate to vote and run, but I had to borrow a comp just to post this today. If I get home in time tonight, I"ll adjust as needed.

Roster:

3)Sinistral

5)foolonthehill

6)Cherry Lane- voting for Sparanda

10)Rene83

11)Mekal

15)Prince Marth

16)Ben Law

It was just a random vote by me, that people latched on to :mellow: I'm gonna feel REALLY guilty if we lynch Sparanda and they turn out to be good...why does that ALWAYS happen on day one?

<(^-^)>

Well, there's not much to base our votes on on Day 1's... At least I know who to blame if Sparanda ends up being a goodie *prepares machine gun* *hugz*

There's still 6 people who needs to vote <_<

At this moment there is not much evidence. Since 7 is considered a lucky number I will select 7, just a random selection.

Roster:

3)Sinistral

5)foolonthehill

10)Rene83

11)Mekal

15)Prince Marth

16)Ben Law - voting for Joe's Student

*starts panicking* Yeah...great way to start off my first mafia game.

But I do question why people are following the random vote that Kat put in when pretty much everyone else gave a somewhat decent reason for their vote :blink:

But I do question why people are following the random vote that Kat put in when pretty much everyone else gave a somewhat decent reason for their vote :blink:

And such is the logic of mafia :rolleyes: No one knows what to do. I wouldn't worry though, doesn't look like you'll get lynched. In fact I'll just change mine, I'm pretty sure you're not a baddie...but then again I have been wrong countless times...:blink:

<(^-^)>

Roster:

3)Sinistral

5)foolonthehill

8)Kat - voting for Prof. Templeton

10)Rene83

11)Mekal

15)Prince Marth

Once again...hunch... but I'm actually pretty sure Sparanda is good :huh:

<(^-^)>

I was thinking that too. It could possibly be because the JS and/or Sinistral is/are DNH, and CL and/or Bb are trying to protect them (also being a DNH) by attempting to lynch someone else...but I think they should be smarter than that, yet they give no reason at all in voting for Sparanda <_<

Okay, to the ppl who haven't voted/contributed...(except Marth who is excused for this one)...

If you don't contribute at all you will be replaced. I expect everyone to vote. I'm giving one "benefit of a doubt" where if you know you're going to be gone at the end of the day or something and don't have a clue who to vote for, you may miss one vote. Please do not take advantage of this, since I'm doing this in good faith. Please vote if you can.

My first vote was just a quick pop-on-and-vote, because I dind't have much time and wanted to make sure I logged a vote. Now that I've actually had a chance to read the posts, I want to go with Joes Student: I didn't like that he was trying to get me to reveal my role today. Makes me think he needs it for some reason :o

So that'smy vote. Wish I had more.

Roster:

3)Sinistral

5)foolonthehill

6)Cherry Lane - voting for Joe's Student

10)Rene83

11)Mekal

15)Prince Marth

Dang, we're all over the place here, and that's no way to lynch a baddie. Does anyone have anything other than a hunch to share? :huh: Something that maybe someone posted that set off some alarms? Anyone? *cricketcricket*

<(^-^)>

Roster:

3)Sinistral - voting for Joe's Student

5)foolonthehill

6)Cherry Lane- voting for Joe's Student

10)Rene83

11)Mekal

15)Prince Marth

There are a few people who do not seem like TF members to me, but JS in particular stands out because of his suggestion that CL reveal her identity so early when it looks like the DNH got it wrong last night. I was waiting to hear from CL on this before voting, and she just confirmed what I was suspecting.