BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Death Note Mafia: Rematch

Yoruichi-san

Shinigami King: Y

Roster:

1)Brandonb - DEAD [Light] (turned into an egg of Kishin and Death Scythed down)

2)Itachi-san

3)Sinistral[Misa] - Voting for Mekal

4)dawh - DEAD (written into Death Note by DNH)

5)foolonthehill

6)Cherry Lane - DEAD (written into Death Note by DNH)

7)Joe's Student - DEAD (written into Death Note by DNH)

8)Kat

9)SomeGuy - DEAD (written into Death Note by DNH)

10)the second dawh - voting for foolonthehill

11)Mekal - Voting for Kat

12)Sparanda

13)Star_tiger

14)Prof. Templeton - DEAD (written into Death Note by DNH)

15)Prince Marth - Voting for Kat

16)Ben Law - GONE [Ryuk] (Shinigami chopped)

Um, people, I thought that in all of our discussions, we determined that Mikami was the more threatening of the two. Of course, since the TF needs to be unanimous to have any chance of success, I'm willing to change my vote if necessary.

It looks like they expect me to die tonight. :mellow: Here's to hoping they got it wrong. :)

(Using the color of death!...Hey, it worked last time. :):o )

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I just thought about it...Mikami IS more of a threat people! If we leave him alive, he can use his Death Note to manipulate a vote tonight. So getting rid of Mikami is a better plan. So come on TF, make your votes for Mikami! We'll deal with Rem tomorrow.

Roster:

2)Itachi-san

5)foolonthehill

8)Kat

12)Sparanda

13)Star_tiger

15)Prince Marth - voting for foolonthehill

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Prince_Marth85

“If noble death be virtue's chiefest part, We above all men are by Fortune blest, Striving with freedom's crown to honor the Task Force, we died, and here in endless glory rest” *tries writing out ballot with ghostly pen* "Curses! May the coins be good to you TF"

That may have been the most heart-touching last words I've heard in mafia so far ;)

Roster:

2)Itachi-san

5)foolonthehill

8)Kat

12)Sparanda

13)Star_tiger - voting for foolonthehill

Just a sidenote and maybe I'm going paranoid, but do we know for sure that Fool is actually Mikami? Wouldn't it have been a better strategy for Fool to pretend to be Misa, and Sinistral to be Mikami, in a situation like this (Rem sacrifices himself to save Misa, also gets to drag a TF victim with him to death)? I haven't seen any proof that they are actually the roles they claim to be (aside from Kat being Rem, which I'm 99% positive is true) other than what they and the other DNH say, and it would have been fairly easy for them to switch roles since they already have BTSC and could plan this well. Also, it seems quite fishy how Fool and Sinistral just came out with their specific roles (didn't need to specify which character, could have just said that he is a member of DNH or Shinigami).

Did any TF members happen to look in on the DNH? :D

Roster:

2)Itachi-san

5)foolonthehill

8)Kat - voting for Mekal

12)Sparanda

13)Star_tiger

Thank you Misa, much appreciated ^_^

<(^-^)>

Roster:

2)Itachi-san - voting for foolonthehill

5)foolonthehill

8)Kat - voting for Mekal

12)Sparanda

13)Star_tiger- voting for foolonthehill

We will need to change these to Kat if Mekal doesn't show up...

Edit: when exactly does the day end?

Edit 2: Kat/Rem erased star tiger's vote

Not a whole lot of activity left now eh?

Roster:

5)foolonthehill

8)Kat - voting for Mekal

12)Sparanda - voting for foolonthehill

I hope Mekal comes back. His vote will count because the DNH are trying to lynch him meaning he hasn't been controlled...unless they're trying to fool us. Or if they're trying to fool us into thinking they're fooling us. Or if... *brain hurts* Ok, I stop now.

Roster:

5)foolonthehill - Voting for Mekal

8)Kat - voting for Mekal

I love it when a plan comes together. Victory for Light beckons.

If only you knew....well, I guess you will soon... B))

sorry, i was watching Heroes on Netflix.

Roster:

5)foolonthehill - Voting for Mekal

8)Kat - voting for Mekal

11)Mekal - voting for foolonthehill

DAY FOUR

From Dusk Til Dawn

The pinnacle room in the Investigations Building was bathed in luxurious golden-orange rays by the sun drowning into the horizon. The remaining 9 people (well, 8 people and 1 Shinigami) sat wordlessly, their eyes oscillating between motions of staring at each other and at glancing down at their watches.

The silence was broken by Mekal finally releasing the yawn he had been trying so to stifle for the last hour. He was desperately battling the urge to give in to the all-too-plush chair for the second time. Taking notice, Marth stood up and offered to bring Mekal some coffee. Mekal nodded at him gratefully and then turned back to address the rest of the group.

“Well,” he said, rubbing his eyes. “It appears that foolonthehill is the one getting it today.” All eyes turned warily to foolonthehill. They were hoping to avoid a replay of yesterday’s events.

Foolonthehill glared at the group over his glasses. Then he began to chuckle. Unable to control himself, he opened his mouth and let out a string of maniacal laughter. “Fools!” He cried, reining in his excitement. “You think you have won, but you forget that we are the ones favored by God!” His eyes glowed, mimicking that of his God.

At that moment, Misa leaped up and went to stand by FOTH’s chair. “Yeah, baka-Task Force,” she taunted, sticking out her pink tongue at those gathered in the room. “Misa knows that there are those of you who must follow our orders. She held out her hand towards Star_tiger. “Right, Naomi-chan?”

Star_tiger reached out one hand to take Misa’s. But then she froze. Her other hand, trembling, was grasping the ring on the chain around her neck. Her eyes were blank, but a tear formed in them, and fell down her pale cheek.

Misa’s painted ruby red lips pouted. “Come on, don’t fight it. Naomi-chan is Misa’s friend now, and must do whatever Misa wishes. And Misa wished for the evil men who killed my Kira to be die.”

“Don’t listen to her, Star,” Sparanda stood up went to her, trying to offer her support. He put a kind hand on her shoulder.

In one quick convulsion, Star_tiger jerked away from Sparanda and yanked the chain off her neck. The precious ring fell onto the mahogany table, where it gyrated and propagated cold metallic ringing through the room. By the time it stilled, Star_tiger was standing besides Misa, holding her hand.

“Well, that’s too bad about Star,” Mekal observed calmly as Marth placed a Styrofoam cup in front of him. Mekal nodded his thanks to Marth and took a greedy sip of the caffeinated elixir. Then he turned his frown back to his adversaries. “That’s still not enough. Sorry, but foolonthehill is going to…”

Before he could finish his sentiment, a violent cough came up his throat. He brought up his hand to cover his mouth, and when he pulled it away and looked down at it, he saw blood. He turned incredulous, bloodshot eyes up to Marth as his chest was consumed by more coughing. His last sight was of Marth staring down at him with a cold, blank gaze.

That night, the remaining Task Force members each received a surprise left outside their doors. It was a box, wrapped in pink paper covered with red hearts, and tied with a big pink bow. Inside box, each Task Force member found a gun along with a note written on very special stationary. What was written on the note was each Task Force members’ name, followed by: “…will upon finding this note, shoot themselves in the head with the provided gun.

On the roof of the Investigations Building, Misa and Mikami sat side-by-side, each clasping their respective Death Note to their chests, gazing out onto the pink, lavender, and gold streaked sky. It was not only the dawn of a new day, but the dawn of a new era, the era of Kira’s Justice.

Mikami sighed regretfully and pushed up his glasses. “If only God were here to enjoy the new world he has created.”

“Yeah…” lamented Misa. “Misa wishes her Light was with Misa.” She cocked her head sadly and stared longingly at Light’s favorite pen, which had been placed ceremoniously halfway between the two Death Note Holders.

Mikami shrugged and muttered, “I guess we’ll just have to rule the new world by ourselves…all by ourselves…” A look of realization and dread crept into his eyes as he continued “Just the two of us…just you and me…for all time…” Mikami’s eyes darted to the pen also.

Then both Misa and Mikami’s eyes rose and their gazes met. For several minutes, they sat there, staring at each cautiously, motionlessly as the rising sun silhouetted their forms. From a distance point, the cry of a rooster could be heard, heralding the new day, the new era, which promised to bring peace and prosperity to all…

Yeah, right. They both lunged for the pen.

Roster:

1)Brandonb - Light

2)Itachi-san - Mogi

3)Sinistral - Misa

4)dawh - Wedy

5)foolonthehill - Mikami

6)Cherry Lane - Aizawa

7)Joe's Student - L

8)Kat - Rem

9)SomeGuy - Chief Yagami

10)the second dawh - Matsuda

11)Mekal - Aiber

12)Sparanda - Mello

13)Star_tiger - Naomi Misora

14)Prof. Templeton - Watari

15)Prince Marth - Near

16)Ben Law - Ryuk

Congratulations DNH and Rem! (Sorry the ending is not as awesome as I would have liked, but the fever is hindering my writing abilities right now...XP)

Great job Task Force! Thanks for never giving up...you're all truly worthy warriors in the war for Justice. You all did splendidly, and helped me a lot demonstrating what I need to tweak for future DNMs, so thank you for that! ;)

Special notices to Prof. Templeton for his great job fooling the DNH into thinking he was L at the beginning...I was rooting for you! :D And to Itachi for figuring out Ben Law was Ryuk B)) . For dawh for his always insightful way of looking at things and trying to figure out the best strategies :ph34r:. For JS for putting so much thought and effort into his albeit brief span as L. Thanks to everyone for their praise about the Posts...it's good to have your art appreciated ;). And of course, thanks to everyone for trying their best! :D

(Do I even need to say anything to the DNH's? ;P You guys know you rocked.)

Changes to future R versions of DNM: only Light's Death Note can manipulate votes. Aiber will be able to not only disguise himself but also to disguise the person he chooses. I like the idea Sinistral brought up about suicide, although I need to figure out a way for the person to figure out that their being manipulated beforehand...hmmm...Also, the "things to remember" section is going to grow to include more clarifications about the Posts and advice...as well as in the amount as asterisks ;P

Anyways, the next DNM will probably be Interlude, since I'm excited about the whole Light/L duality and Light not knowing he's Light. Still working on it though, so it probably won't be for awhile...and right now I'm ready to go for something less intense, and the prologue for M4F14-8 is burning a hole in my hard drive...hehe ;P

Edited by Yoruichi-san

We won that's what! :D It's been a while since I've been on the winning side B)) Great game everyone, it was so much fun playing with you guys :) *Takes advertising momment* And don't forget to sign up for "James Bond Mafia" starting December 10th ;)

<(^-^)>

Edited by Kathleen

:blink:

Wah happened?

Unfortunately, the the DNH were able to correctly guess two names for their death notes, which gave them the voting majority and they won. Well played... <_<

One thing that I would add regarding this version is that Rem is not opposed to the DNH at all; he's really little more than a non-BTSC member. I think that it might work better if there were some reason for Rem to not want to follow along with Light. I was thinking that the DNH would need Rem dead in order to win or something. I like that idea because then, Light may need Rem's voting support to win a lynch vote, but Rem would be reluctant to follow along or something like that. Of course, Rem's win condition would need to be altered a little bit as there would be no way for Rem to win if Misa had to be alive. Either the TF would kill all the DNH (and Rem) or Light and the DNH would kill him...I mean, it definitely seems that Misa should be part of his win condition, but I couldn't think of an appropriate extension.

I was really annoyed that the DNH killed me off immediately, I had all sorts of plans for Wedy (and I'm sure that the TF did too. :o ) I guess I was just too much of a threat. B)) It was good to come back as Matsuda, but I felt kind of helpless in the middle, trying to figure out whom to trust. :wacko:

In any case, good game all and great hosting, Y-san! :DB))

Unfortunately, the the DNH were able to correctly guess two names for their death notes, which gave them the voting majority and they won. Well played... <_<

One thing that I would add regarding this version is that Rem is not opposed to the DNH at all; he's really little more than a non-BTSC member. I think that it might work better if there were some reason for Rem to not want to follow along with Light. I was thinking that the DNH would need Rem dead in order to win or something. I like that idea because then, Light may need Rem's voting support to win a lynch vote, but Rem would be reluctant to follow along or something like that. Of course, Rem's win condition would need to be altered a little bit as there would be no way for Rem to win if Misa had to be alive. Either the TF would kill all the DNH (and Rem) or Light and the DNH would kill him...I mean, it definitely seems that Misa should be part of his win condition, but I couldn't think of an appropriate extension.

I was really annoyed that the DNH killed me off immediately, I had all sorts of plans for Wedy (and I'm sure that the TF did too. :o ) I guess I was just too much of a threat. B)) It was good to come back as Matsuda, but I felt kind of helpless in the middle, trying to figure out whom to trust. :wacko:

Thanks. And you're right about both Rem and Wedy...I forgot to mention my thoughts about those (and probably other stuff I'll remember later...darn fever XP)...but yeah, I was thinking the Rem needs Misa to survive and Light dead (after Ryuk of course) before all the TF are dead or something along those lines.

And losing Wedy so early was a terrible blow to the TF. I was disappointed (sad) that Wedy didn't get any successful messages through in the first DNM, and in this one Wedy got killed immediately...what would have put the finishing touches on my hypothetical Aiber strat (where Aiber pretends to be Rem) would be to have someone secretly feed him correct roles through Wedy, and then he gives the false info to the DNH...

Oh, and your Matsuda playing was great...you made it so that the DNH didn't believe it...;P

Well done all - you certainly still had us worried, particularly the pesky Aiber!

I agree that Rem is very pro-DNH, and obviously the DNH don't want either Ryuk or Rem to die. And the DNH's only mistake would be to accidentally kill him, but that can't happen because we'd have never written them in to the DN with a Shinigami name. I wonder if there's a way for the DNH to accidentally kill the Shinigami, maybe if the Shinigami die when they are wirtten into a note no matter what True name is written with them.

I was gutted that BL was Ryuk! I read his posts thinking "There's no way that the real Ryuk would say that about Bb" so he must be TF. We had Itachi as a possible Ryuk until then!

Of course we had to get Wedy off when we found you (which was definitely a lucky break) - Wedy is a very important role for the TF since it's the only real way for information to be secretly transferred between TF members. As for your second role, I couldn't believe you'd actually outed yourself to me, so we avoided guessing you last night! Sinitral posted his predictions on the Baddie forum yesterday with Dawh and Mekal correct and I said "No! Dawh2 is clearly trying to pretend to be other people, so it must be Mekal=Matsuda and dawh2=Aiber"

I was very tempted to come out as Rem myself, so that Rem could pretend to be me (so that the TF would lynch the wrong person today if luck didn't go our way) but was worried that dawh might have been Rem...I definitely think the way to win this game as the TF must be to discuss lots but really confuse the DNH about your role.

Seconded. Great game and thanks muchly Y-san (even if you didn't include the Shinigami-King / Mogi sexual tension in the story. :lol:

Amazing game, Y-san! Thanks for providing the great day post even with your fever :D Much appreciated!!!

I have got to say, I have never seen all the baddies get revealed in a mafia. Interesting turn of events... ;)

Looking forward to any other DNM's there might be!!!

I had a lot of fun again playing DNM. It's too bad I abandoned my ploy to pretend to be L only after one of the baddies must have seen it. <_< I was trying to think of a better direction. Oh well. I was disappointed that L was so short lived again. I am curious to see how his messages could energize and direct the TF. How about this idea? If L is killed on the first night or voted for on the first day, He sends a TF member of his choice on a dangerous mission where they are impersonating L. He could get out, at least, two messages that way if his message was still broadcast even if written into the note. Only some thoughts, this DNM is definately not broken, the TF didn't have much of a chance after both of their modes of communication were eliminated by pure (bad) luck. Well played everyone, especially the DNH for getting into their roles. Very enjoyable. :D

I agree that Rem is very pro-DNH, and obviously the DNH don't want either Ryuk or Rem to die. And the DNH's only mistake would be to accidentally kill him, but that can't happen because we'd have never written them in to the DN with a Shinigami name. I wonder if there's a way for the DNH to accidentally kill the Shinigami, maybe if the Shinigami die when they are wirtten into a note no matter what True name is written with them.

Since I'm pretty sure Y-San would stick to the actual show/manga, you can't kill a shinigami with a Death Note. The only way to kill a Shinigami is for them to fall in love with a human and then use their death note to save said human from dying (Which is one thing that confuses me about this game slightly since only by writing L's name in the death note does it kill Rem which I would think that by saving Misa period, Rem would die...But that's just me and this is Y-San's game). Or for them to completely slack off from their job as a Shinigami and stop writing names in their death note all together and wait for their life to end...

And continuing my thing about Rem. I think it should be that Rem would die no matter what TF member is written in the Death Note during the save. Because if L dies early (Such as with this game) then it becomes impossible to lynch Misa without first finding Rem...

Edited by Prince_Marth85

First off thanks Y-San for the game and giving me the role of L (although I know it was random). I really enjoyed what short space of time I had in the game and really regretted going to bed early enough on Day 1 I might have been able to prevent all those votes stacking against me and I might have been able to live a bit longer.

It's a shame Wedy died on Night 1, it totally messed up my plan for Night 2. I agree with the DNH only having 1 vote manipulation ability and also that there should be something preventing Rem from just being on the side of the DNH as the way it turned out.

One thing I was thinking about is about Wedy. The fact they have no effect until Night 2 is a bit of a shame... could the role be altered so that Wedy can choose on Night 1 two people to link up on Day 1 instead? It's just that the TF have very few ways of communicating as it is, and I was wondering would a slight adjustment like that be a good idea? Or would it imbalance things too much?

But yeah thanks everyone for playing and PT thanks for saving me Day 1 :)

Edit: Well played DNH

Edited by Joe's Student

Well done all - you certainly still had us worried, particularly the pesky Aiber!

I was gutted that BL was Ryuk! I read his posts thinking "There's no way that the real Ryuk would say that about Bb" so he must be TF. We had Itachi as a possible Ryuk until then!

Of course we had to get Wedy off when we found you (which was definitely a lucky break) - Wedy is a very important role for the TF since it's the only real way for information to be secretly transferred between TF members. As for your second role, I couldn't believe you'd actually outed yourself to me, so we avoided guessing you last night! Sinitral posted his predictions on the Baddie forum yesterday with Dawh and Mekal correct and I said "No! Dawh2 is clearly trying to pretend to be other people, so it must be Mekal=Matsuda and dawh2=Aiber"

I was very tempted to come out as Rem myself, so that Rem could pretend to be me (so that the TF would lynch the wrong person today if luck didn't go our way) but was worried that dawh might have been Rem...I definitely think the way to win this game as the TF must be to discuss lots but really confuse the DNH about your role.

Seconded. Great game and thanks muchly Y-san (even if you didn't include the Shinigami-King / Mogi sexual tension in the story. :lol:

Yeah, I outed myself to you to try to draw Rem's fire, and almost immediately after that, Brandonb sent out his instructions to Rem which left me hanging :angry: . I ended up choosing Sparanda for the apple and I was lucky that Rem guessed wrong. After the voting was over the next day, I realized that I could have caused the DNH a lot of trouble by pretending to be Rem, since you obviously didn't know who I was since you were trying to lynch me... :o

After that, I realized (and I tried to get others to realize <_< ) that our best chance was to confuse you all to the utmost about who actually held which role. That's why I claimed to be Mogi and then implied that I was Aiber. I was trying to get some sort of "I'm Spartacus" thing going, but no one followed my lead... :(

Well played in any case, since I didn't really place you as Mikami until you changed your vote.

That's an interesting idea. I think I want it so that the DNH know whether or not the Shinigami are alive, b/c the interactions b/w DNH and Shinigami strategically are an important part of the role. But for Interlude, I was thinking of having a kind of 'redirect' role (maybe an alteration of Aiber) that could cause the Death Note to kill the person who the target is disguised as instead of the target.

I had a lot of fun again playing DNM. It's too bad I abandoned my ploy to pretend to be L only after one of the baddies must have seen it. <_< I was trying to think of a better direction. Oh well. I was disappointed that L was so short lived again. I am curious to see how his messages could energize and direct the TF. How about this idea? If L is killed on the first night or voted for on the first day, He sends a TF member of his choice on a dangerous mission where they are impersonating L. He could get out, at least, two messages that way if his message was still broadcast even if written into the note. Only some thoughts, this DNM is definately not broken, the TF didn't have much of a chance after both of their modes of communication were eliminated by pure (bad) luck. Well played everyone, especially the DNH for getting into their roles. Very enjoyable. :D

That's a very interesting idea. I'll think about that. One of my reasons for adding Naomi was so that if L was killed he could not only leave his information, but also instructions to Naomi. Maybe I can let Naomi send a message twice...hmmm....

And continuing my thing about Rem. I think it should be that Rem would die no matter what TF member is written in the Death Note during the save. Because if L dies early (Such as with this game) then it becomes impossible to lynch Misa without first finding Rem...

That's the way it already is...Rem dies during the save. Oh, wait...that's perfect! Rem dies if he ever votes for the same person as Misa...that should resolve the DNH/Rem voting block issue...

First off thanks Y-San for the game and giving me the role of L (although I know it was random). I really enjoyed what short space of time I had in the game and really regretted going to bed early enough on Day 1 I might have been able to prevent all those votes stacking against me and I might have been able to live a bit longer.

It's a shame Wedy died on Night 1, it totally messed up my plan for Night 2. I agree with the DNH only having 1 vote manipulation ability and also that there should be something preventing Rem from just being on the side of the DNH as the way it turned out.

One thing I was thinking about is about Wedy. The fact they have no effect until Night 2 is a bit of a shame... could the role be altered so that Wedy can choose on Night 1 two people to link up on Day 1 instead? It's just that the TF have very few ways of communicating as it is, and I was wondering would a slight adjustment like that be a good idea? Or would it imbalance things too much?

But yeah thanks everyone for playing and PT thanks for saving me Day 1 :)

Edit: Well played DNH

Actually, I like it that the first Night is simple, gives the DNH time to learn the ropes of the Death Note...but I do think there should be a role that can take on the responsibilities of another role (except L) that dies. I was thinking maybe Watari would do it after L dies...or I could make the game bigger I guess...(bring in Takada for a real cat-fight with Misa...hehe ;P)

Yeah, I outed myself to you to try to draw Rem's fire, and almost immediately after that, Brandonb sent out his instructions to Rem which left me hanging :angry: . I ended up choosing Sparanda for the apple and I was lucky that Rem guessed wrong. After the voting was over the next day, I realized that I could have caused the DNH a lot of trouble by pretending to be Rem, since you obviously didn't know who I was since you were trying to lynch me... :o

After that, I realized (and I tried to get others to realize <_< ) that our best chance was to confuse you all to the utmost about who actually held which role. That's why I claimed to be Mogi and then implied that I was Aiber. I was trying to get some sort of "I'm Spartacus" thing going, but no one followed my lead... :(

Well played in any case, since I didn't really place you as Mikami until you changed your vote.

Yeah, that was great...as you can see from FOTH's comments, the DNH were worried about you ;P.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. They've been great and I welcome any more input you have :D.