BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

The Oddest Out

Question

OK, welcome and thanks for playing this game 'The Oddest Out'

Allow me to repost the rules here.

Minimum 10 players will make this game start. In every round, we will post 8 questions asking about the word you think it could be.

For example “What is the 2 letters word that end with ‘t’?”, and the question format will be like ‘*t’.

Submit your answer by PM us. Your answer can be either ‘it’ or ‘at’ or any word as long as it can be accepted and can be found in dictionary.

After everyone PM us, we will start calculate your score based on the Common Answer method.

The 3 lowest scorers will enter the Elimination Decision Circle (EDC). They will be given another chance to change 3 out of 8 of their questions. This change may affect the scores of all participants. By that time, the lowest scorer will be eliminated from the competition. So if they luckily choose the right question and change to the right answer, they will be saved by kicking someone else out.

Then we will proceed to another round by asking another 8 questions. This format goes on until we left 7 participants. By that time, we will get the 2 lowest scorers enter the EDC.

When we have 4 participants left, only the last lowest scorer get into the EDC.

When left only 2 participants, which is the final round, the rules will be slightly different.

Remember the first 8 participants that have been eliminated from the game? When each of them been eliminated, they will be asked a set of 8 questions. So when we enter to the final round, the remaining 2 participants will answer the same question sets that we questioned other 8 participants when they were out.

Remember: They are out because they are the oddest! So, between the last 2 participant, whoever has MORE question similar to the other 8 or score HIGHER will LOSE the game. This is because you are approaching to the odds than the commons. biggrin.gif

Because we have 14 participants, we will start from:

If there are 11 to 15 players, 4 will enter the EDC and 2 will be out!
If left 8 to 10 players, 3 will enter the EDC and 1 will be out!
If left 5 to 7 players, 2 will enter the EDC and 1 will be out!
If left 3-4 players, 1 will enter the EDC and 1 will be out!
The last 2 will enter the final round as per mentioned above.

And here comes the roster:

Host: woon & taliesin
Players:
1. Kat
2. impervious
3. andromeda
4. A. Person
5. PG
6. Mafrofro
7. Cherry Lane
8. ST
9. Limeliam
10. RainThinker
11. GC
12. UKJon
13. FIF
14. Jane

and here we go! biggrin.gif

• Answers 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Round 10 - Finalized Results

OK, ST has made the changes.

ST, you change increase your score from 77.1% to 85.4%, well down.

But can you beat the other 3?

CL, you scored highest at the initial results, will you still able to maintain it?

Remain as 93.8%!

So you are in the final round! Congratulations!

Spoiler for Now we have andromeda, your score.......:

maintain as 87.5% !!!

Well done and please join CL in the Final Round

Spoiler for We have left Limeliam and ST now.....:

As you can see, Limelliam was having the same score with andromeda just now, the score remained unchanged.

So sorry, ST. I know you have played hard, but the result decide that you have to go. :(

But please don't leave soon. You still have 1 more task need to perform.

Round 1 - Questions, Round 1 - Initial Results, Round 1 - Finalized Results, Round 1 - Answers from Participants

Round 2 - Questions, Round 2 - Initial Results, Round 2 - Finalized Results, Round 2 - Answers from Participants

Round 3 - Question, Round 3 - Initial Results, Round 3 - Finalized Results, Round 3 - Answers from Participants

Round 4 - Question, Round 4 - Initial Results, Round 4 - Finalized Results, Round 4 - Answers from Participants

Round 5 - Question, Round 5 - Initial Results, Round 5 - Finalized Results, Round 5 - Answers from Participants

Round 6 - Question, Round 6 - Initial Results, Round 6 - Finalized Results, Round 6 - Answers from Participants

Round 7 - Question, Round 7 - Initial Results, Round 7 - Finalized Results, Round 7 - Answers from Participants

Round 8 - Question, Round 8 - Initial Results, Round 8 - Finalized Results, Round 8 - Answers from Participants

Round 9 - Question, Round 9 - Initial Results, Round 9 - Finalized Results, Round 9 - Answers from Participants

Round 10 - Question, Round 10 - Initial Results

No if ST changes good then Andromeda and I will be out :(

:lol: , fat chance. The chances that I won't get eliminated is next to none <_<

I'm quite happy that I got into final four so even if I drop out I'm happy because it's been fun to play this game! :D

Where's ST??

Sent my PM an hour ago! Thanks for the reminder, Andromeda :)

I am still recovering from shock in getting into the final four...knowing limited words finally came in handy! B))

Ah, grr-ness <_< 2.1% off...what a tragedy :P At least I made it into the top 4!! (Yay!!!!) Good luck, CL, Andromeda, and Limey! Can't wait till the final round! In the meantime...I shall be lurking around *evil laugher*

Round 10 - Answers from Participants

1) t*l*

2 (100%) tell (ST, Limeliam)

1 (50%) talk (andromeda), tall (CL)

2) th*n

3 (100%) thin (andromeda, CL, limeliam)

1 (33.3%) then (ST)

3) *h*n*

All choose the common word: think !!!

4) pr**e

2 (100%) price (andromeda, CL)

1 (50%) prove (ST), pride (limeliam)

5) *e*ser

All choose the common word: teaser !!!

6) *e*lin*

2 (100%) feeling (CL, ST)

1 (50%) selling (andromeda), telling (limeliam)

7) **a*ing

No common word: skating (andromeda), staying (CL), meaning (ST), playing (limeliam)

8) *o**e*ful

All choose the common word: wonderful !!!

Round 1 - Questions, Round 1 - Initial Results, Round 1 - Finalized Results, Round 1 - Answers from Participants

Round 2 - Questions, Round 2 - Initial Results, Round 2 - Finalized Results, Round 2 - Answers from Participants

Round 3 - Question, Round 3 - Initial Results, Round 3 - Finalized Results, Round 3 - Answers from Participants

Round 4 - Question, Round 4 - Initial Results, Round 4 - Finalized Results, Round 4 - Answers from Participants

Round 5 - Question, Round 5 - Initial Results, Round 5 - Finalized Results, Round 5 - Answers from Participants

Round 6 - Question, Round 6 - Initial Results, Round 6 - Finalized Results, Round 6 - Answers from Participants

Round 7 - Question, Round 7 - Initial Results, Round 7 - Finalized Results, Round 7 - Answers from Participants

Round 8 - Question, Round 8 - Initial Results, Round 8 - Finalized Results, Round 8 - Answers from Participants

Round 9 - Question, Round 9 - Initial Results, Round 9 - Finalized Results, Round 9 - Answers from Participants

Round 10 - Question, Round 10 - Initial Results, Round 10 - Finalized Results

THE ODDEST OUT! - FINAL ROUND

Laides and Gentlemen.

We are now proudly present you the 3 final players:

andromeda, CL and limeliam !!!

(audience applauds~~ and you can see others 11 participants cheering to the final 3!)

OK, now here we go:

The final round will be played like this:

As usual 8 questions will be ask. The question format maybe a little bit different. However, you are not the first 3 person who know these questions. Your 11 friends have saw those questions and placed their answers already.

Your task now is: Answer all the 8 questions, try not to be the similar answers as what your other 11 friends answered. The less your answers similar to theirs, the higher chance you gonna to win!

Why? Because your friends were out due to the odd answers. So, their answers for this round should considered as odd too. So if your answer are like what they answers, you are odd and remember~~~~ THE ODDEST OUT!!!

Clear? Ok, here we go!

Final Round

1. What is the word that having exactly 1 ‘a’ and 2 ‘o’ (regardless of the length of the word and no hyphened in between)?

2. What is the word that having 3 ‘t’s? (no less than 3 or more than 3)

3. What is the word that having 3 ‘e’s?

4. What is the word that having 1 ‘o’ and 1 ‘u’?

5. What is the word that having 1 ‘a’, 1 ‘b’ and 1 ‘c’?

6. What is the word that containing an animal within? (eg. pANT)

7. What is the word that containing ‘his’ or ‘her’ within?

8. What is the word that containing 1 ‘x’ but no ‘t’?

Same as before, 3 of you have 48 hours of time to answer these. Good Luck!!!

and to all audience, stay with us for the final round of ~~~ THE ODDEST OUT! :D

Host: woon & taliesin

Players:

1. andromeda

2. Cherry Lane

3. Limeliam

4. ST (eliminated in Round 10)

5. impervious (eliminated in Round 8)

6. GC (eliminated in Round 7)

7. PG (eliminated in Round 6)

8. Mafrofro (eliminated in Round 5)

9. Kat (eliminated in Round 4)

10. A. Person

(eliminated in Round 3)

11. RainThinker (eliminated in Round 2)

12. Jane (eliminated Round 2)

13. UKJon (eliminated in Round 1)

14. FIF (eliminated Round 1)

Round 10 - Question, Round 10 - Initial Results, Round 10 - Finalized Results, Round 10 - Answers from Participants

Edited by woon

Well the questions doesn't look that clear right?

OK, the simple version:

Final Round

1. What is the word that have exactly 1 'a' and 2 'o' (regardless of the length of the word and no hyphened in between)?

2. What is the word that have 3 't's? (no less than 3 or more than 3)

3. What is the word that have 3 'e's?

4. What is the word that have 1 'o' and 1 'u'?

5. What is the word that have 1 'a', 1 'b' and 1 'c'?

6. What is the word that contains an animal within? (eg. pANT)

7. What is the word that contains 'his' or 'her' within?

8. What is the word that contain 1 'x' but no 't'?

Good luck! :)

Well the questions doesn't look that clear right?

OK, the simple version:

Final Round

1. What is the word that have exactly 1 'a' and 2 'o' (regardless of the length of the word and no hyphened in between)?

2. What is the word that have 3 't's? (no less than 3 or more than 3)

3. What is the word that have 3 'e's?

4. What is the word that have 1 'o' and 1 'u'?

5. What is the word that have 1 'a', 1 'b' and 1 'c'?

6. What is the word that contains an animal within? (eg. pANT)

7. What is the word that contains 'his' or 'her' within?

8. What is the word that contain 1 'x' but no 't'?

Good luck! :)

I'm OK with the questions but I'm not sure what am I supposed to do?? Isn't my objective to find the common answer??

So I'm supposed to find the oddest answer because they wrote down the common ones, or you instructed them to find odd answers thinking that we might do the same instead of finding the most common answers??

So here the odd one wins?!

I was kinda hoping to drop out before the final round so I wouldn't have to ask all these questions!

So you are saying our answers shouldn't mach theirs but... :(

I'm totally confused??

What if we all find the weirdest answers and no match?? Who wins then??

Edited by andromeda

I'm OK with the questions but I'm not sure what am I supposed to do?? Isn't my objective to find the common answer??

So I'm supposed to find the oddest answer because they wrote down the common ones, or you instructed them to find odd answers thinking that we might do the same instead of finding the most common answers??

I was kinda hoping to drop out before the final round so I wouldn't have to ask all these questions!

I'm totally confused??

By the sounds of it, now you WANT to be the oddest ;)

<(^-^)>

I'm totally confused??

What if we all find the weirdest answers and no match?? Who wins then??

How about put it in another way:

Their answers are the traps. You answers should not fall into their traps.

Copy?

I was thinking... there are at least 250.000 words in English language.

What is the probability of me falling in their trap? :huh:

Well, you never know, I have the answers from them, some answer are the same!!! (the biggest trap!)

I was thinking... there are at least 250.000 words in English language.

What is the probability of me falling in their trap? :huh:

Andromeda, my dear, don't forget my answers are in there too So I think the probability just went up ;)

Andromeda, my dear, don't forget my answers are in there too So I think the probability just went up ;)

*while reading, hears scary music* :P

Maybe it's because I've had too much sugar or the fact that I was awake since 3 (and slept at 1 :lol: ), but does it mean that the final 3 don't want to say what everyone else wrote, but want to have the same ones as each other? :blink:

*while reading, hears scary music* :P

Maybe it's because I've had too much sugar or the fact that I was awake since 3 (and slept at 1 :lol: ), but does it mean that the final 3 don't want to say what everyone else wrote, but want to have the same ones as each other? :blink:

Why are you constantly thinking of conspiracies and that the other players are somehow working together...

You should definitely do the psychology test at LIs's thread that Izzy posted to see how paranoid you are?!

:lol:

Why are you constantly thinking of conspiracies and that the other players are somehow working together...

You should definitely do the psychology test at LIs's thread that Izzy posted to see how paranoid you are?!

:lol:

I shall. Care to give a link? :D

And what I meant was how this round works. Are you trying to have the oddest answers, or are you, CL, and Limey trying to get the same answers while not choosing our answers? :P

I shall. Care to give a link? :D

And what I meant was how this round works. Are you trying to have the oddest answers, or are you, CL, and Limey trying to get the same answers while not choosing our answers? :P

ST... I have no idea what am I supposed to do?? :huh:

This round is very confusing for me! And from what I do understand the objective is just not to have the same answers as you guys.

edit: forgot LINK

Edited by andromeda

Actually Woon this is a good question and I would like to know?! Do we still need to find the common answers while not falling in the trap or we should only worry about not falling in the trap?! :huh:

cheerleader3.gif

The cheerleader is for Lime, the only boy left in the competition. ;)

- Smileys courtesy Andromeda. :P

THAT IS SO CUTE!!! *hugz smiley, ends up hugging laptop screen, sees stares*

Oh, I didn't realize that Limey was the only boy left. Go females!!! :P I'm betting all my money on CL and Andromeda...you guys better not make me go bankrupt ;)