BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Anime Battle Royale: Akatsuki Resurrection

itachi-san

Prologue: Beginning in a Rain of Tears

hurricane-44-animestocks[com].jpg

Akatsuki's Leader sat atop a massive statue amidst the collection of strange and mystical structures that littered the city he secretly built for Akatsuki's prosperous future. That future seemed to have almost eluded him in the wake of a recent battle that nearly wiped his organization off the Earth. He sat in thought. Waiting in joy with the realization that none of that mattered and that now his group would have no choice but to remain completely loyal to his cause. He kicked his feet back and forth like a child sitting in a adult's chair, but of all the shinobi in the world, he warranted the highest respect. Even from those who never saw his face. To have such powerful S Rank criminal and rogue ninja under his command, like the legendary Uchiha Itachi from Konoha and the Monster of the Hidden Mist, Hoshikage Kisame. They all bowed to him. And now they would have another reason to do so. He would tell them that they didn't owe him, but they did... they owed him their lives. His swaying legs stilled and he raised his hands in a meditative gesture. Suddenly, he processed an enumerable amount of hand-signs and concluded: "...tiger, boar, dragon, monkey, snake, dragon, dragon. Forbidden Technique: Pure Resurrection!"

shippuuden-000-animestocks.jpg

Deidara erupted from underground. After spitting clay and mud from his mouth, the first thing he noticed was his partner Sasori standing beside his grave.

Sasori: Get a move on.. The others have already left in pursuit of their targets.

Deidara: At least Konoha buried us.. whatever. But it looks like we owe our Leader for this one.

Sasori: He said we didn't. But I suggest we move quickly. It looks like they're about to have a funeral for their allies who fell in the last battle.

Deidara: Is the objective the same?

Sasori: No. We have new orders. And it seems as if we are competing among ourselves a little... (Deidara shot him a side-long glance) Heh. The first group of Akatsuki to complete their mission will get promoted among the ranks. So move it Deidara! I hate waiting, especially for you.

naruto_042_animestocks[com].jpg

Deidara waved a hand and the graves filled as if they had never been unearthed. With a satisfied nod, the two Akatsuki leapt off into the fleeting darkness of the past Night. Sasori explained the situation to Deidara as they glided through the nearby trees. When the sun rose, the funeral would soon begin. And they had much to prepare for if those were their orders...

---

Konoha's Shinobi marched to the graveyard just before dawn. The clouds exploded with thunder as the procession began. Rain began to trickle down on the mourners. It was a sad sight. Far off in the distance, Itachi watched the ceremony. No one could make him out, watching from so far.

Kisame: You really like this morbid stuff don't you?

Itachi: Konoha has changed so much since I left it.

Kisame: Is my soulless partner feeling nostalgic?

Itachi: Hmm? No.. I feel nothing. And I'll feel nothing when we destroy this place once and for all.. let's go.

Back by the graves, the survivors of the last battle stood in complete despair at the loss of one of their most talented and respected ninja, Kakashi. Along with Kakashi, the newcomer and promising Sai was killed. In a battle among Akatsuki, they actually had expected to lose more, but the losses hurt just the same. It was an end befitting true Shinobi. To die for their village.

naruto-012-animestocks[com].jpg

Neji: Kakashi-sensei... no way.

Lee: *sniff* At least they found Naruto.. ..alive *sniff*.

Neji: The Nine-Tail Fox would never let Naruto truly die. Not while it's still in him. Their fates are intertwined. But from what I've heard, Naruto has gone insane from hearing Kakashi-sensei has passed away.

naruto-011-animestocks[com].jpg

Sakura: Don't say that. He's not... He'll focus.. for Kakashi-sensei he will.

Tsunade approached the group with Shikamaru at her side. She placed a hand on Sakura's shoulder. The rain began to pour. It spattered up from the newly placed gravestones for Kakashi and Sai. The group each placed a single rose on the headstones and made their peace. When they were leaving, Lee looked at Shikamaru in shock and then practically took him to the ground with a tearful hug.

Shikamaru: Hey. ..hey. OK buddy that's enough.

Lee: *sniff* But you were ..dead!? You were the first one to be executed...

Tsunade pried the two apart. "You think I would sacrifice this genius? I just had to convince everyone I was following the rules of the game. But now there's a new game."

Sakura: What do you mean Tsunade-sama? A new game?

Tsunade: ANBU reported to me that the unmarked graves we placed Akatsuki in are now empty. They must have used some sort of resurrection techinique.

Neji: Is there no end to their limitations?

Tsunade: Well, whatever they throw at us, we'll just have to deal with. I've already assigned a special body guard for Naruto. A former personal ANBU Agent. His code name will be Yamato and he has the unique ability to control Naruto's transformations to the Nine-Tailed Fox. He'll lead Team 7. Shikamaru will lead Team 10... Oh, one other thing. The graves for Sasuke and Kabuto were also emptied.

Shikamaru: What? You didn't mention that before. It was Orochimaru I'm guessing... We know he can use the resurrection technique as well. I hate to say this, but between Orochimaru and Akatsuki, their powers are really out of this world.

The group looked somber and stood deep in thought, sighing from time to time. They were trying to strategize against such formidable foes. But then a ray of sunlight broke through the clouds and hit Shikamaru in the forehead. He looked up as if he figured out a plan. All the Shougi pieces had fallen into place. The sunlight grew brighter and in what seemed like no time at all the clouds completely dispersed and the sky was a radiant blue. It was a new day.

They all were distracted by the shadow of a familiar figure walking with the sun at his back. He cast a long shadow over the ground. It was Naruto. Sakura's heart beat faster. Lee's tears dried. Neji looked confidently at Tsnuade and Shikamaru. They were all ready. Ready to take on the cruelest villains they had ever encountered.. for a second time. Naruto joined the group with a smile and turned toward the sun.

naruto-100-animestocks[com].jpg

Naruto: Alright! Let's kick some Akatuki a**!

Hokage: Tsunade

1) Prince Marth

2) Joe's Student

3) Kat

The rules are pretty much set, I just have to write them. In the meantime feel free to sign-up. The game is much-modified from ABR4, but keeps the same overall foundation. I hope to see you all in Konoha soon!

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Overall Rules:

I'll wait to see how many people join before I lay out the characters because I can mold the game to basically however many people want to play. So for starters, here's the overall setup:

Everyone will have BTSC. The Akatsuki will be in pairs like last time and every other team will be comprised of three people. Every team will get the equivalent of 200 stat points per player, but the team will assign them all for themselves and then submit their stats to me. Once they are decided the only way to change them is by losing them and earning them. There will be no constant rearrangement. Also, a player uses the stats they have going into the Night, regardless of what happens to them during the Night.

Added: No teammates with BTSC may target the same person on any Night. If Akatsuki runs into each other, they do damage, but share IDs. They do not get BTSC with the new team though. The same goes for the Konoha Teams, only just the Victim gets the ID of the Attacker. And no matter who Orochimaru's Team Attacks, Orochimaru gets their IDs. Hence, there will be no RID killings... ;) Clarification - all intended damage is done, but IDs are learned. Akatsuki gets both IDs if they Attack each other, Konoha gets the ID of fellow Konoha ninja who Attack them, and Orochimaru's group gets the ID of whoever they Attack

Every character will have 3 Attributes and these combined will be equal to their health or life. They will be Special Attack, Attack, and Counter-Attack. Special Attacks cannot be used two Nights in a row. Attacks have no limitations on number. They can even be broken into 2 attacks of 50 and 50 or 75 and 25 on 2 or 3 or even 4 different people (only one ID can be learned through this method though and it will be random). Special and basic Attacks take off the same amount of health from the victim as their stats points. Counter-Attacks will occur whenever a player is Attacked by someone else. There will be a wide variety of Counter-Attacks and they will all be unknown to everyone, though they will be hinted at. Also, when a player has 100 stat points in both Special Attack and Counter-Attack, they can use their Secret Tactic. Once a player has 0 health they are dead, but they can also be Captured, if that is part of their Character's secret description.

Capturing and Rescuing: Certain Characters can be Captured. This can happen one of two ways. Either they are Captured at Night by someone who has that ability or they are killed and then Captured by someone who has that ability. The second option can be done any Night following the death. Other roles have the ability to Rescue a Captured character. If one of the Capture/Rescue roles is killed or captured, then that ability will pass to a living/useful member of the Team. If the person is later released, then they will regain their ability as it was.

Every BTSC team has their own individual win condition which will be unknown, but can be determined from hints throughout the game.

During the Day, one person will be selected to go on a dangerous mission. The mission will cost them 200 Health (stat points). Obviously, this may not kill them, but it will out their character. In addition, there will be reference to another (maybe multiple) living characters from rival factions, but they will not be identified, just made known that they are still alive.

Training will still be part of the game, but will not be nearly as necessary or wise to use in many occasions. If Training and Attacked, the Attacker will revert to their basic Attack -50 points (only in terms of damage).

Ways to gain stat points: kill someone, survive the Night, survive the Day, Train, get mention in Clue or Day Posts (as long as you're not the one who was voted for ;) ) : all of these will be worth 25 points, except Clue Posts are worth 50 points per Team.

Defenses will be varied among groups. They are infinite, but will cost 100 points. They are also Unbreakable in this game. There is no way anyone can break through a Defense so they should play a part in this game. Each Team will have 2 different types of Defenses. You will be able to chose which one you want to use. If more than one member (say 2 teammates) use a Defense on the same Night, they must use the same type of Defense. The same type of Defense cannot be used twice in a row by any team. Also to be clear, it's individual, so if 2 people Defend on the same team, it costs a total of 200 points.

Added: Time: Days end 24 hours from the previous Night Post. One valid contribution and one vote are the minimal requirements for each day. 25 points will be deducted for failure to contribute or vote, so 50 points deducted if you just skip a whole day. The same goes for the Night. Try to get the pms to me in 24 hours, but since almost everyone will have BTSC and therefore need to consult around the globe, I'll be lenient and just ask for progress from time to time.

Also, I think I may make random posts in which hints are given to each team's win condition, but in reciprocity, the characters mentioned will be given extra stat points. Most likely I won't get to everyone, but I certainly won't make these posts about the same characters more than once throughout the entire game, unless all characters get mentioned.

Prologue

Edit: I just added some parts about Capturing and Defense which will play major roles in the game. ;)

1) Prince Marth

2) Joe's Student

3) Kat

4) Prof. Templeton

5) FIF

6) Brandonb

7) ST

8) dawh

I really hope I can make the time for this... :o

Brandonb, what if you are Konoha this time? :P

1) Prince Marth

2) Joe's Student

3) Kat

4) Prof. Templeton

5) FIF

6) Brandonb

7) ST

8) dawh

I really hope I can make the time for this... :o

Brandonb, what if you are Konoha this time? :P

As always, I'll try to be as lenient as possible on time. 24 hour days - 1 valid contribution and vote required. Nights, when everyone pms me (as long as it's within reason ;) ).

This mafia sounds so cool, I couldn't resist taken part :D But just as a warning, Itachi, if I end up being inactive because of school, feel free to replace me <_< (just hope I'll be able to make some time for this! It sounds so very uber cool :P )

Yay, I have internet now. Hooray for friends with too much computer knowledge!

Anyway, add me to the reserve list. If you absolutely need an extra person, I'll be the man. I don't want to say that I'll 100% join this, though, because I might lose the internet again =/ Wi-fi sucks.

1) Prince Marth

2) Joe's Student

3) Kat

4) Prof. Templeton

5) FIF

6) Brandonb

7) ST

8) dawh

Reserves:

Sparanda

It's about time I actually played in one of these. :P

1) Prince Marth

2) Joe's Student

3) Kat

4) Prof. Templeton

5) FIF

6) Brandonb

7) ST

8) dawh

9) Frost

Glad to have you all aboard! This version's shaping up to be the best yet IMO :D The win conditions are going to be really fun ;) 15 people would be ideal. 17 or 18 would be fine as well. All are welcome. :)

Ahh, what the heck, Heroes is winding down fast, and these are very quickly addictive >.>

I'd like to play.

1) Prince Marth

2) Joe's Student

3) Kat

4) Prof. Templeton

5) FIF

6) Brandonb

7) ST

8) dawh

9) Frost

10) SomeGuy

How can I been left out, ;)

1) Prince Marth

2) Joe's Student

3) Kat

4) Prof. Templeton

5) FIF

6) Brandonb

7) ST

8) dawh

9) Frost

10) SomeGuy

11) woon

Reserve:

1) Sparanda

Cool, 4 more and we can commence battling! I think I'm going to go with the random posts of living people to give them extra stat points. They will be posted in addition to Day posts and I'll limit them to characters who acted over the past Night and are still alive. It's a give/take, people know your character is still alive, but you get free stat points. Let me know if anyone dislikes this idea. I'll post a sample one soon, but it will stick and those characters will get extra points for the game before it begins.

Cool, 4 more and we can commence battling! I think I'm going to go with the random posts of living people to give them extra stat points. They will be posted in addition to Day posts and I'll limit them to characters who acted over the past Night and are still alive. It's a give/take, people know your character is still alive, but you get free stat points. Let me know if anyone dislikes this idea. I'll post a sample one soon, but it will stick and those characters will get extra points for the game before it begins.

I'd like to give it a shot with the weekend approaching. Will it be starting soon -Bit worried about being around for PMs now the wife is redundant she will hog the comp - World wide times for BTSC is always an issue for me

Oh what the hell; I'll sign and await the ramifications

Would it be cool to use your stats to boost a team member in trouble?

Are the stats known to anyone other than Tsunade and player -

Do I need to read the rules from the old game or will all rules be here in this topic in one post?

Hokage Tsunade

1) Prince Marth

2) Joe's Student

3) Kat

4) Prof. Templeton

5) FIF

6) Brandonb

7) ST

8) dawh

9) Frost

10) SomeGuy

11) woon

12) LIS

and may god have mercey on my sole

I'd like to give it a shot with the weekend approaching. Will it be starting soon -Bit worried about being around for PMs now the wife is redundant she will hog the comp - World wide times for BTSC is always an issue for me

Oh what the hell; I'll sign and await the ramifications

Would it be cool to use your stats to boost a team member in trouble?

Are the stats known to anyone other than Tsunade and player -

Do I need to read the rules from the old game or will all rules be here in this topic in one post?

No pressure with the Day posting. You have one shot every 24 hours. (hopefully more) if not, then just expect a point reduction. As for Nights, I'll be very lenient because of the world-wide BTSC going on. I'll just send reminders if it passes 24 hours wait. Also, I'm going to be gone most of this weekend, so I was thinking maybe a Sunday or Monday start.

You can't boost teammates in trouble. Once the original stats are set there's no going back. It will be clearer once sign-up is complete and I can finalize the characters (I need to know how many I'll be working with). After that initial stat setup by you and your team, the only way your stats get rearranged are when you lose them and when you earn them (both of which you have control over). There will also be a couple characters who have the ability to sacrifice stat points for another character, but those are outliers to the overall rules.

And the stats are known only to your team and me, but considering what Night actions you take, your stats will be able to be discerned by others. I.E. if you use a Secret Attack you must have had at least 100 in both Special and Counter Attacks before the Night began.

And no, these rules are different. You do not need to know anything about the previous games. It couldn't hurt to read them, but they have no direct impact on this game aside from certain characters having died :(

Sounds like this one is even better than the last one. I'm in. :D

1) Prince Marth

2) Joe's Student

3) Kat

4) Prof. Templeton

5) FIF

6) Brandonb

7) ST

8) dawh

9) Frost

10) SomeGuy

11) woon

12) LIS

13) Sinistral

Reserve:

1) Sparanda

If we can't get two more, I'll just remove an Akatsuki pair and beef up the power of the remaining 4 of them ;) , but I'd rather have 6.

Darn... from the title I was hoping Pein and Konan would make an appearance in this one. :P