BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Princess Bride Mafia

Prof, I dont doubt you. I am only trying to spurn some more conversation among the voters. I see what you said and I agree with you. I doubt you will get

lynched. But dont you think it could be possible that by voting for someone you can catch another? Why yes you have said that...

edit:

besides, there are 5 hours to go and its getting dull.

Indeed I have. Don't let me hang if it comes to it.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah... sorry for not being here... I was busy. But my time is completely on BD now!

Host: S. Morgenstern

Akaslickster- voting for prof. Templeton

Itachi-san - voting for Akaslickster

Prince_Marth85 – dead (killed by Roberts)

Brandonb - voting for prof. Templeton

Frozen_in_Fire - voting for Akaslickster

CrazyPainter voting for prof. Templetonlike the rat in charlottes web

Woon - voting for Akaslickster

Mekal - voting for Akaslickster

Cherry Lane - voting for Prof Templeton

Prof. Templeton - voting for Akaslickster

Yoruichi-san – revealed as Fezzik (safe for today, but cannot vote because she is still unconscious)

DMS172 - voting for brandonb

star_tiger - voting for Akaslickster

Nobody's voting because Itachi said so. On day 1 he placed a vote for Mekal, knowing that if Mekal were innocent all the baddies would know he was, just to see who went along with it. Only 2 people did. On a side note: How cool are we talking, you live in L.A. It's like 55 outside my house and people think were having a heat wave. B)) *Puts on shades*

HA! Just like my family in Bristol..

It is 87 here..But the last few days were 65 so my motors are running and I am feeling a bit more with it. maybe you can tell be my posts making more sense. There are 2 fires near LA and the ashes are raining down. They sky is rather apocalyptic and yellow now.

I follow your reasoning about mekal. But I question everything, sometimes to my own demise.

edit:

another thought..it makes a frustrating game when we all know who is a good player and automatically go for em.

Slick, Tempelton, Bb, itachi, ysan....etc.

But I dunno why I was killed of the cruise ship so fast, first, cause I havent played that well imo.

Edited by crazypainter

Ah... sorry for not being here... I was busy. But my time is completely on BD now!

Yoruichi-san – revealed as Fezzik (safe for today, but cannot vote because she is still unconscious)

DMS172 - voting for Akaslickster

ok Bb i'll leave you out this for now.

DMS when you place your vote you need to kill the

tags at the beginning and end.

Or else ppl cant copy the thread vote accuratly

It says in the OP that the rest of the Trio can not recruit Vizzini if Humperdinck is dead. It also seems that the only kills can come from the Count if the Prince dies. It seems to me there are two possiblities for Humperdinck. 1) PM was Humperdinck, who is now dead, or 2) Humperdinck is being played by a clever individual who did not take action last night to throw us off and put suspicion on someone else (which is exactly what happened). I'm sure you'll say there is a third option, but I've already hinted at my role, which will be proven soon enough.

Well, S. Morgenstern hasn't been around today, so I'll have to continue without that information.

So let's revisit Humperdinck's non-action. I don't know if your #1 is true (I think the Trio kill could happen without Humperdinck), so let's look at #2:

How does not killing put suspicion on someone else? You say it worked in your case, because Humperdink didn't act and you were prevented from acting, so I think you're Humperdink. But to me that seems like a poor move on the part of the Trio. First, since they need to eliminate everyone else, they need all the kills they can get. Wasting a night is throwing away a big chance at a win. Next, how is this supposed framing supposed to work? Buttercup's charm has only a one-in-three chance of resulting in inaction. That's very poor odds for a frame-up. So I have to reject your #2 as a possibility.

Which leads to #3. You are Humperdink and Buttercup foiled your plans. How could it be anything else?

Everyone who is currently voting for Slick, please consider my argument. I think you'll see that you need to change your vote.

edit: are you all scared you might be killing off Inigo, as the Prof suggests? I, for one, know he's not Inigo. So put that worry aside, please, and lets get a baddie!

Edited by Cherry Lane

And I'm still waiting on PG to say whether the Florin Trio can have a nightly kill without the Prince. If they can't, then they are seriously disadvantaged (though that would be good for us), so I'll wait for PG. I have another idea about who the Prof could be...but it still isn't good for him.

Sorry...been gone today. Anyhow, if the Prince is killed Rugen has a 50% chance of killing the person he spies on. The Albino has no kill-action on his own. The Florin Trio cannot hire Vizzini if the Prionce dies.

you all might find this interesting...

300lb woman was just rescued from her home in Sylmar

by paramedics. There was a fire in her trailer..at the window..

I am glad I am by the beach!

edit:

I swear I dont get why ppl by in high fire areas. I dont get why

insurance agencies give fire ins in those areas!!

Edited by crazypainter

Sorry...been gone today. Anyhow, if the Prince is killed Rugen has a 50% chance of killing the person he spies on. The Albino has no kill-action on his own. The Florin Trio cannot hire Vizzini if the Prionce dies.

So we are agreed that the prince was the prince right? But why? I mean how would we know if the trio had hired Vinzzini?

Or am I just being thick?..which I doubt.

Well, S. Morgenstern hasn't been around today, so I'll have to continue without that information.

So let's revisit Humperdinck's non-action. I don't know if your #1 is true (I think the Trio kill could happen without Humperdinck), so let's look at #2:

How does not killing put suspicion on someone else? You say it worked in your case, because Humperdink didn't act and you were prevented from acting, so I think you're Humperdink. But to me that seems like a poor move on the part of the Trio. First, since they need to eliminate everyone else, they need all the kills they can get. Wasting a night is throwing away a big chance at a win. Next, how is this supposed framing supposed to work? Buttercup's charm has only a one-in-three chance of resulting in inaction. That's very poor odds for a frame-up. So I have to reject your #2 as a possibility.

Which leads to #3. You are Humperdink and Buttercup foiled your plans. How could it be anything else?

Everyone who is currently voting for Slick, please consider my argument. I think you'll see that you need to change your vote.

edit: are you all scared you might be killing off Inigo, as the Prof suggests? I, for one, know he's not Inigo. So put that worry aside, please, and lets get a baddie!

I would say the Prince doesn't want to kill off Vizzini by accident so he lays low and sends out the count to get some info. No action from him just puts suspicion on innocents, whoever Buttercup targets in particular if she's successful, and let the mob lynch a good guy the next day. It's just as effective as killing that night. If Buttercup can disrupt the action of a player, that person becomes suspect No. 1. If she can't then us innocents are left throwing about baseless accusations. That's how I see it going down. The other more simple option is that PM was Humperdinck. We won't know until the next night. I am who I've hinted to be, as everyone will find out in the end.

There's less than one hour left in the day.

Edit: added votes

Edited by puzzlegirl

Well, if Humperdinck is dead, then my argument has some flaws. I don't think Prince was the Prince, but if he was, then nice job Roberts!

Unfortunately, we are still heading along the path of lynching an innocent today. I hope for our sakes Slick is a baddie, but I don't see how that's possible.

I agree Cl..

>>clicking nails on desk<<< ok I have no nails so fingers...

But i highly doubt Humperdinkle is dead...But i do think the prince is dead.

But is there any way we could know if the trio had taken in Vinzzini?

Unless it is written in the post then I highly doubt it.

edit:

my mouth is so watering for the pad thai I just ordered!! :P

Edited by crazypainter

I agree Cl..

>>clicking nails on desk<<< ok I have no nails so fingers...

But i highly doubt Humperdinkle is dead...But i do think the prince is dead.

But is there any way we could know if the trio had taken in Vinzzini?

Unless it is written in the post then I highly doubt it.

humperdink is the prince, so I'm not sure what you mean by that part.

as for Vizzini, I don't think he's been drafted yet, because once he becomes part of the trio, his poison will always work - just not necessarily on the right person.

Day 2: Insanity at the Cliffs

The crowd gathered by the rocky ledge. They had bound and gagged a man and dragged him to the Cliffs of Insanity. When they reached the top they layed him on the ground and several of the townspeople took the opportunity to kick him and to throw stones at him.

“Slick, aren’t you going to defend yourself?” one of the townspeople asked, in a provoking tone.

Slick wiggled and moaned, but the gag kept him from speaking. Cherry Lane stepped forward and removed the rag from his mouth. “I’d like to hear what he has to say.” she said.

Slick gave her a look of deep appreciation, took a few deep breaths then answered; “Those baddies know I am innocent. I should not be their scapegoat.” He choked then coughed up a small amount of blood which he spit into the dirt his face was pressed against. He swallowed hard and continued; “However, in the event that I do die. Please keep this informative message in mind: If I am gone, we will need all the help we can get!”

“We don’t believe you!” someone shouted.

“That’s a baddie defense if I ever heard one,” said another.

Slick tried to roll himself onto his back, but with his hands tied he just looked a turtle who had been flipped onto his shell, struggling and rocking himself side-to-side; “Oy Vey! What the heck is wrong with this town? Do you people always play follow the leader?” he spat in disgust. “Don't say I didn't try to keep you all from making this foolish, foolish, foolish, foolish mistake.”

“That’s enough out of you!” one of them said and shoved the gag back into his mouth.

Another man rushed forward and with a devilish look in his eye, reared his foot and gave Slick a mighty kick to his ribs. A sickening crack echoed through the crowd.

“Throw him off the cliff!” He shouted. “The Cliff!” the crowd chanted again and again.

The men grabbed Slick by the shoulders and the feet and carried him to the edge of the cliff. They began to swing him back and forth, gaining momentum for the throw.

ValerieLiar.jpg

A wild scream came from the outskirts of the crowd. “Liiiiiaaaaarrrrs!” screamed Valerie, “Let my Max go!!”

She pushed her way through the crowd screaming wildly, but by the time she reached the cliff’s edge, Max had already hit the base far below.

Akaslickster – lynched and found to be Miracle Max

Itachi-san

Brandonb

Frozen_in_Fire

CrazyPainter

Woon

Mekal

Cherry Lane

Prof. Templeton

Yoruichi-san – revealed as Fezzik

pbride15.jpg

Night 3 begins now and end is 23 hours.

Rules and Roles

Intro – Can Death Stop True Love?

Night 1 - Just when you thought it was safe to reside in Florin...

Day 1 - One small step for Florin, one giant step for the goodies

Night 2 - The best laid plans of Florinian men oft go awry

post-6534-1226803035.jpg

*Takes a deep breath* Okay...finally I can talk...I didn't know I wouldn't be allowed to...or I would have said some things before I got lynched...it's been killing me...XP

Prepare for a long post:

Okay, now we KNOW Itachi was lying...if he had spied Slick he would have know he was innocent. Actually...I'm pretty sure I know who Itachi is...my suspicions of him have been growing...but I'll start from the beginning...

I know who Mekal is. And knowing that, the most likely to also figure it out and want Mekal LYNCHED is Vizzini. On the first day, it's easiest to get a random bandwagon going, and by hinting that he was a spy role to do it, Itachi put himself on my suspicion list as Vizzini. I don't buy the whole "it was a trap" argument, particularly since it came right after the "I'm surprised I survived" line...if he knew Mekal was innocent when he went after him, then why would the baddies want to kill him? He would only be surely killed if he had correctly voted for a baddie, making himself look like a spy role. Given these things, and something else said by another player, if I were Dread Pirate Roberts :ph34r: , I know who I'd be going after tonight...;P

On the whole Prof. T thing today, based on what PG said, there's a lot of possibilities. PM could have been Humperdinck, but I don't think so, again based on something said by another player. So either Prof. T is Humperdinck, or it was a good setup. How quickly CL jumped on Prof. T alerted me, but there could be another reason for that, which goes along with some other things I noticed. But her sudden assertion very close to deadline that Slick was innocent also alerts me...initially she said she was suspicious of Slick also...why the sudden change, CL?

And CL didn't do the setup...well...you know who's always on the suspect list...;P...and he's been awfully quiet...>.>

I disagree that it was a bad move...I think it's a good move...there's a 2/3 chance Buttercup's "charms" will work, and if they don't, it casts confusion by making us thing Marth was Humperdinck. It also may draw out Valerie of the Narrator, which would be good for the baddies as well.

Edit: Fixed the DPR smiley ;P

Edit 2: Oh...and the fact that Bb and Itachi aren't all over each other...you know that means that one or both are baddies :P

Edited by Yoruichi-san

*Takes a deep breath* Okay...finally I can talk...I didn't know I wouldn't be allowed to...or I would have said some things before I got lynched...it's been killing me...XP

Prepare for a long post:

Okay, now we KNOW Itachi was lying...if he had spied Slick he would have know he was innocent. Actually...I'm pretty sure I know who Itachi is...my suspicions of him have been growing...but I'll start from the beginning...

I know who Mekal is. And knowing that, the most likely to also figure it out and want Mekal LYNCHED is Vizzini. On the first day, it's easiest to get a random bandwagon going, and by hinting that he was a spy role to do it, Itachi put himself on my suspicion list as Vizzini. I don't buy the whole "it was a trap" argument, particularly since it came right after the "I'm surprised I survived" line...if he knew Mekal was innocent when he went after him, then why would the baddies want to kill him? He would only be surely killed if he had correctly voted for a baddie, making himself look like a spy role. Given these things, and something else said by another player, if I were Dread Pirate Roberts :ph34r: , I know who I'd be going after tonight...;P

On the whole Prof. T thing today, based on what PG said, there's a lot of possibilities. PM could have been Humperdinck, but I don't think so, again based on something said by another player. So either Prof. T is Humperdinck, or it was a good setup. How quickly CL jumped on Prof. T alerted me, but there could be another reason for that, which goes along with some other things I noticed. But her sudden assertion very close to deadline that Slick was innocent also alerts me...initially she said she was suspicious of Slick also...why the sudden change, CL?

And CL didn't do the setup...well...you know who's always on the suspect list...;P...and he's been awfully quiet...>.>

I disagree that it was a bad move...I think it's a good move...there's a 2/3 chance Buttercup's "charms" will work, and if they don't, it casts confusion by making us thing Marth was Humperdinck. It also may draw out Valerie of the Narrator, which would be good for the baddies as well.

Edit: Fixed the DPR smiley ;P

Edit 2: Oh...and the fact that Bb and Itachi aren't all over each other...you know that means that one or both are baddies :P

this is Merely speculation, but I'm not sure that I-san is a baddie... I thought that Slick was a baddie after his vote also, and his "i am not a baddie, don't lynch me" type defense didn't help to convince me otherwise either... But i am probably wrong...

this is Merely speculation, but I'm not sure that I-san is a baddie... I thought that Slick was a baddie after his vote also, and his "i am not a baddie, don't lynch me" type defense didn't help to convince me otherwise either... But i am probably wrong...

No...it's the fact that Itachi has been giving the impression of being a spy role...which he obviously isn't, since he would have spied Slick and known for sure today. Also, something another player said makes me sure ;P

No...it's the fact that Itachi has been giving the impression of being a spy role...which he obviously isn't, since he would have spied Slick and known for sure today. Also, something another player said makes me sure ;P

I see your point, But as a bit of strategy, we MAY want to get Valerie or The Narrator to cheack up on him or Professor Templeton before we act... Those are the 2 top people on my suspicion list... but i am beginning to get an idea of itachis role...