BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Princess Bride Mafia

Thanks for making my first hosting experience such a great one! CP - you have my sincerest praise for being such a deadly role and evading suspicion for so long - a job well done! All of you guys really made the game a lot of fun and I enjoyed watching you interact from "the outside" almost as much - or possibly more - than I enjoy playing the games myself. So, thanks again to each of you...it was a happy ending! :D

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“Liar!” screeched Cherry Lane; “I know that Brandon’s heart is good.”

Well...I wouldn't go that far...;P

Awesome ending though, PG! Thanks for the game, it's been really interesting :D.

Yeah, the Night 1 post meant Mekal had to be Westley, since all three attacks (Roberts, Vizzini, Humperdinck) had been accounted for and the only one who didn't die was Mekal...so the attack on Westley had to been on Mekal. I thought for awhile CL might be Buttercup, based on her certainty that Mekal was innocent and how quickly she noticed the Buttercup stopping Prof. T thing in the Night 2 post...I figured Buttercup would be the first person to go after that...that's why I was asking Mekal about CL...

CP, that's the last time I try to read hints into anything you say...I thought you had checked Marth the first night and that was why you kept saying he wasn't the Prince...:P

Good game guys. Nicely played Prof. T, but like you said, you can't beat the odds...or logic ;P.\

Edit: And ha, I was right about Bb missing the "I am Buttercup" thing...XP

Edited by Yoruichi-san

we would have won if i hadn't died

Yah, that was a wierd fluke! Rugen targets Buttercup an wins the 50% chance to kill; meanwhile Buttercup seduces Vizzini and lucks out on the 1/3 chance to re-direct his action. I believe at that point there was a 1/7 chance to be chosen at reandom for Vizzini's kill...then a 2/3 chance that they poison would work and not poison yet someone else random. No wonder it took me so long to write that dang post...I could hardly wrap my brain around it. That's why I titled it "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad Florin" :D

well woon my dear, I thought you or mekal were westly! I went after mekal the 2nd night and then went after you again so ppl wouldnt have a better idea of who I was. But I had NO idea you were the albino. I am sooo sorry! Froggy says Sorry ribbit!

and thank you all for a very fun game!!

And Buttercup, crack that whip baby!

BTW Vizzini is not my fav character..well now he might be..

Edited by crazypainter

Ha! Great Game PG! Definitely looking forward to another go-around if possible. I don't mind dying if I do so for the team and protect my precious Westly :wub: Buttercup = Lady Luck perhaps?? And :lol: at FIF killing PM first night. that was just plain wrong :rolleyes: ...oh and i think i could get used to this dominatrix stuff B)) PB2 rated PG-13 ;)

Ha! Great Game PG! Definitely looking forward to another go-around if possible. I don't mind dying if I do so for the team and protect my precious Westly :wub: Buttercup = Lady Luck perhaps?? And :lol: at FIF killing PM first night. that was just plain wrong :rolleyes: ...oh and i think i could get used to this dominatrix stuff B)) PB2 rated PG-13 ;)

Yeah...What's worse is I only attack on even nights so I didn't even get to do ANYTHING! :angry:

Nice game everyone! Many kudos to Itachi-cup in seducing the villains. And thanks to the CP for killing half the villains for us!

Y-san, since it was obvious who Mekal was after the first night, why did my defending him make you think I was Buttercup? I saw the same thing you did. And I noticed Buttercup stopping Prof T because I was looking for anything I could use to accuse him with - I'd checked him out on the first night.

I was really hoping Prof T would attack me after my lynch attempt on him failed. I so wanted to be outed so I could be trusted.

DMS - even if you'd lived, I don't think you would have won. There were still too many goodies left to kill.

CP- I laughed when I realized that killing woon was what made you get recruited. If you hadn't done that, you could have kept your original win condition and probably won the game!

BTW, here's who I checked out, in order:

Prof T

Itachi

DMS

Bb

Edited by Cherry Lane

CP- I laughed when I realized that killing woon was what made you get recruited. If you hadn't done that, you could have kept your original win condition and probably won the game!

grrrr...i thought woon or mekal was westly. When my attacks on Mekal didnt seem to work I went for woon.

Yea, that was a major bummer!! But I had a great time!!!!!

Great game, PG!

The baddies played really well ;) Just wished I actually helped the goodies...the one time that I actually blessed someone that was attacked, I got the bad side of the 50% <_<

Looking forward to any of the other mafia games you might be hosting, PG! :D

Great game, PG!

The baddies played really well ;) Just wished I actually helped the goodies...the one time that I actually blessed someone that was attacked, I got the bad side of the 50% <_<

Looking forward to any of the other mafia games you might be hosting, PG! :D

Thanks! :D

ya, I should have made your odds higher. I also realized after the game already began that I didn't create an actual action for Westley. All poor Mekal could do is read along and hope that he stayed alive...a pretty lame role. Sorry Mekal!! And I probably should not have made it so beneficial for Fezzik to reveal himself...Y-san basically became Vanilla after that. A lot of things I would have done differently, but it still seemed to work out nicely.

That was essentially my role in the FNF. My job in that game was to keep my head down, and encourage Star_Tiger (Maggie) to try to draw bad guy attacks.

At least in this one Westley could try to encourage the baddies to attack him, so his job was to absorb enemy attacks. Still though, I know I had fun in FNF, and hopefully Mekal had fun here... but the roles could use a little more.

That was essentially my role in the FNF. My job in that game was to keep my head down, and encourage Star_Tiger (Maggie) to try to draw bad guy attacks.

At least in this one Westley could try to encourage the baddies to attack him, so his job was to absorb enemy attacks. Still though, I know I had fun in FNF, and hopefully Mekal had fun here... but the roles could use a little more.

Ya, I kinda felt sorry for you in FNF ;) Though your comments in the game were greatly loved! :D

Had a great time reading all the posts and discussions. It's really a treat to read the discussions when you know who's who. :lol: And now I know how Itachi-cup fits in DNM-rematch. :P I was initially confused by MG's post.

PG, after reading your sweet posts, I have to play PBM - 2. There's no other option left. Next time, sign me up automatically. :D

I had a-lot of fun on this one PG. I seem to enjoy playing the bad guys. ^_^ No wonder CL wasn't falling for any of my deception, she knew from day one that I had blackness in my heart. All you good guys owe a thank you to Slick for his save of FIF on Night 1. If my kill had stuck, I might have taken a different path on Night 2. I also didn't realize (until it was too late) that Itachi-cup could redirect actions the way she did, otherwise I might have tried to take her out sooner. I also had the Count needlessly spy on Y-san the first night. I wonder if she felt all those eyes on her. Very fun and entertaining. Good job, PG.

I had a-lot of fun on this one PG. I seem to enjoy playing the bad guys. ^_^ No wonder CL wasn't falling for any of my deception, she knew from day one that I had blackness in my heart. All you good guys owe a thank you to Slick for his save of FIF on Night 1. If my kill had stuck, I might have taken a different path on Night 2. I also didn't realize (until it was too late) that Itachi-cup could redirect actions the way she did, otherwise I might have tried to take her out sooner. I also had the Count needlessly spy on Y-san the first night. I wonder if she felt all those eyes on her. Very fun and entertaining. Good job, PG.

Aha! So that's why I kept sneezing...;P

Great post :D

i was kind of throwing some things out there, and i was amazed that you guys didn't notice how i defended Itachi. This was a REALLY fun mafia PG... when is PBM2 :P

i did and you were really quite so i figured you we're just going through itachi of course i defneded her write up until i killed her(my first killing role :D )

Thanks! :D

ya, I should have made your odds higher. I also realized after the game already began that I didn't create an actual action for Westley. All poor Mekal could do is read along and hope that he stayed alive...a pretty lame role. Sorry Mekal!! And I probably should not have made it so beneficial for Fezzik to reveal himself...Y-san basically became Vanilla after that. A lot of things I would have done differently, but it still seemed to work out nicely.

Ya it was i really good game, but if you host another one i'm not staying up til :P morning for the night post again. i felt the same way about FNF there was a lot of things i could have made better but it still worked out.