BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Princess Bride Mafia

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, for once, I actually got what you were saying! ;)

I can't wait till the night post is up! How many more night posts do you still need, PG?

ce que vous n'aimez pas ce que français? Ou ai-je manqué complètement la marque?

translation: what< you dont like to speak french? Or do I have you completely wrong?

Edited by crazypainter

**A quick note: Remember, there are no hints in my posts...nor is the timeline necessarily correct. Some players or characters may use lines from the movie that have absolutely nothing to do with their role in this game. I claim complete artistic license! Got it? Good.**

Night 1: Just when you thought it was safe to reside in Florin…

post-6534-1226544360.jpg

Vizzini lurked about in the woods; his small figure could easily hide behind the enormous trees that had spent a century decorating the outskirts of Florin. He crouched behind a giant maple and waited for his victim. Soon he could hear the thu-thumping of a lone horse galloping across the dry leaves that crackled loudly with each beat. As the horse approached, Vizzini jumped from behind the tree and into the wooded path to face Mekal, astride his white stallion. “Whoa there!” Vizzini shouted, “I am but a poor, lost circus performer. Could you tell me where the nearest town is?” But when Mekal turned to point back from where he came, Vizzini snapped the bit of his horse, spooking the creature and sending Mekal crashing to the ground.

…………………….

Prince Humperdinck paced about in his suite. “Enough of this waiting! I will take action myself!” He slips his sword into it’s sheath and buckles it around his waist. “I will find Frozen and slit him end to end!”

…………………….

The Narrator reclines in his overstuffed chair, props his feet up on the matching ottoman and flips open the large, tattered leather-bound book. “Ah, the story continues…Let’s see what’s happening this evening in good ol’ Florin. Hmmm…really? Them, huh? It figures.” The Narrator chuckles, snaps the book closed and sets it back on the hand-carved pedestal crafted specifically for the cherished antiquity.

…………………….

As Mekal regained focus, he saw the squatty man standing over him with a dagger. “I’d most like to kill you,” Vizzini snickered, “but by wit, not by sword. You sir, are no match for my superior intellect!” Mekal began to look peeved; “Fine then, let’s get on with it!” Vizzini led Mekal behind the tree where he had prepared a table set with three goblets. “Two of these three drinks are laced with a deadly poison…choose carefully and drink.” Without hesitation, Mekal grabbed the goblet closest to himself and quaffed it down. Vizzini’s eyes widened, the corners of his mouth turned in an egotistical smirk. It was a stare-down between the two men - both of them waiting for signs of the posion’s lethal effects.

…………………….

The Prince reached the Tavern where Frozen was known to dine. He slid out of his saddle, tied the reigns to the post outside and headed to the tavern’s door. Just then Frozen pushes the heavy wooden door open and the two men stand face to face. “So, you’ve come to duel have you?” Frozen said calmly, “I am happy to oblige!” Both men pulled their swords and lunged toward one another. The other diners heard the racket and began piling out of the door and encircled the fighting men. Frozen and Humperdinck danced and spun, jabbed and cursed. Steel clashed against steel, each man holding their own, until...

……………………

princessbride8.jpg

Roberts taped his fingers on his sword. Any minute now he would confront the man who had somehow rubbed him the wrong way. He shifted his weight back and forth, back and forth…and then, there he was. “Marth!” Roberts called out, “I have been waiting around to kill you!”

“Why me?” Prince Marth looked both puzzled and terrified. “We already have one prince in this game, we don’t need any more confusion, now do we?” Roberts spat on the ground and waited for Marth to pull his sword.

……………………

On the farm, Westley is working hard shoveling hay in the barn when suddenly a stranger jumps him from behind. The stranger puts a sword to Westley’s neck and mumbles “I could kill you right now if I wanted to, you pathetic farm hand.” Westley, still holding the pitchfork in his hand, swiftly jabs the handle up into the narrow space between the stranger’s sword and his own jugular; then he pushes and the sword goes flying out from the stranger’s grasp and into a pile of hay. “Ha Ha!” Westley shouts victoriously as he turns with his pitchfork above his head, ready to strike. But all he saw was the back of the stranger as he ran out the door and toward the woods.

……………………

Brandon stood by a cart in the marketplace, purchasing fresh fish and produce for his next meal. He is startled by a gentle tap on his shoulder. He turns his head only to catch sight of the most rapturous beauty he had ever seen. “I’m Buttercup,” she said, and she flipped her long, wavy flaxen hair over her shoulder. “Well, Buttercup, can you please take a few steps back? You’re invading my personal space!” He turned back around and handed over his coins to the vendor, completely unaffected by her charms. “Hmph!” Buttercup huffed, spun on her heels and stormed away.

……………………

The sword slipped easily between Frozen’s ribs, until the tip appeared out his back. He looked down in shock, looked back up at Humperdinck’s gratified eyes, then fell to the ground dead.

……………………

Marth swung hard, nearly missing Roberts face. He swung again and Roberts had to duck to miss the blade. Marth went on the offensive and lept toward Roberts causing Roberts to stumble backward, closer to the rocky ledge of a cliff. Marth stepped in, raised his sword, and came down hard toward Roberts. Roberts lifted his sword just in time to make a block. The edge of the blade was centimeters from his face, sweat began to roll from his forehead, soaking his mask.

……………………

post-6534-1226544372.jpg

The Clergyman approached the visitor and laid his wrinkled, palsied hand on their strong, solid shoulder. “May Gawd bwess you, my chi-wld.” He said and then pressed his finger against the visitors forehead to make the sign of the cross. But the visitor’s flesh seemed jagged and cold…and completely unmoving. “Ah, Francis…you’ve got to stop sneaking up on me!” St. Francis remained silent…and plaster. The Clergyman blew out the candles on the altar and headed for home.

…………………….

Valerie hears a wagon riding close to their cottage. She opens the heavy wooden shutters just a crack to try to catch a glimpse of the driver. She had a difficult time making out their face since the sun was already low on the horizon and the wagon was moving at a good clip, but then she noticed something. “A dead giveaway!” she chuckled, “Dark or light, I can see right though you.” Valerie closed the shutters and went back to her knitting.

post-6534-1226544386.jpg

……………………

Count Rugen tightened the thick leather straps on his victim’s arms and legs, then slowly lifts the lever to the first notch. Water begins to flow through the mill and The Machine roars into action. The detainee gritted his/her teeth hard as they squirmed and writhed in pain. “I just sucked away one year of your life.” Rugen said as he pushed the lever back down. The roar halted – the torture was over. He picked up his quill and paper and approached the limp body on the table. “What did this do to you? Tell me. And remember, this is for posterity, so be honest, how do you feel?" The victim just lay there, whimpering, tears rolling down their cheeks. After they were finally able to catch their breath, they groaned ever so faintly what Rugen was waiting to hear.

……………………

The seconds passed slowly. Mekal took a deep, raspy breath and flattened his palms against the table. He pushed himself up onto his feet; his face twisted with annoyance. “Better luck next time, little man.” he sneered, then re-mounted his horse and rode away.

“I admit it; you are better than I am,” sneered Roberts. Marth, confused, asked; “Then why are you smiling?” “I know something you don’t know, dear Prince – I am not left-handed!” Roberts gave a mighty shove, freeing himself from under Marth’s blade. He tossed his sword up into the air and quickly snatched it back with his right hand! Round and round he swung the sword with masterful skill. Marth knew he had met his match. He lowered his sword and pricked it into the rocky soil on which he stood. “Take me with you to your ship, Roberts. We’d make a good team. I could be your first mate.” Marth spoke calmly, confidently.

Roberts raised his sword and plunged it deep into Marth’s chest. “The Dread Pirate Roberts never takes prisoners!” He spat at Marth’s dead body, dusted his hands and walked away.

………………….

The crowd soon lost interest in the corpse that now lay in a pool of dirt and blood. They filed back inside the tavern to resume their meals and sing praises to the Prince; all except for one old man with wiry white hair. Max knelt beside Frozen, pulled a lump of chocolate from his pocket, opened the dead man’s mouth and shoved the pill in. Instantly Frozen’s eyes began to blink, his fingers to wiggle. Max stood up, turned, and walked back inside; “Humperdinck! I hate that guy!” he mumbled to himself.

post-6534-1226544626.jpg

Host: S. Morgenstern

Akaslickster

Itachi-san

Prince_Marth85 – dead (killed by Roberts)

Brandonb

Frozen_in_Fire

CrazyPainter

Woon

Mekal

Cherry Lane

Prof. Templeton

Yoruichi-san

Dms172

Star_Tiger

Day 1 begins now and ends at 8:00pm Central time on Thursday (about 23 hours from now.)

Rules and Roles

Intro – Can Death Stop True Love?

Edited by puzzlegirl

I KNEW I HAD A BAD FEELING ABOUT THIS!!!!!!! All I have to say is this...I think I know who you are Roberts and you made a wrong choice <_<

ACK my prince is gone! What happened to true love? Well, they do say something about love and death...

And how much are those chocolate pills?

okay...my thoughts are that FIF has a lot lower chance of being a baddie since he could only be vizzini... assuming that the prince wasn't stupid and attacked his own men :P

So right now my list of suspicious people are (in no particular order)

Rosetta Stone(What else is better to start a war then being able to communicate with both sides :P )

Mekal

the 2nd little square right beneath the senior member title :P

Edited by Mekal

Akaslickster

Itachi-san

Brandonb

Frozen_in_Fire

CrazyPainter

Woon

Mekal

Cherry Lane

Prof. Templeton

Yoruichi-san - voting for Yoruichi-san

Dms172

Star_Tiger

Okay, I confess...I did it. :D

Is it me or is voting for one's self becoming much more common in Mafia games?

Edited by Prince_Marth85

Akaslickster

Itachi-san - voting for Mekal

Brandonb

Frozen_in_Fire

CrazyPainter

Woon

Mekal

Cherry Lane

Prof. Templeton

Dms172 - voting for Yoruichi-san

Star_Tiger

Vote for me...or die. :ph34r:

FINE!

(i'll change it when i get home cuz i trust your your hint at your role that your good)

Akaslickster

Itachi-san - voting for Mekal

Brandonb

Frozen_in_Fire

CrazyPainter

Woon

Mekal

Cherry Lane

Prof. Templeton

Dms172 - voting for Yoruichi-san

Star_Tiger

FINE!

(i'll change it when i get home cuz i trust your your hint at your role that your good)

Thanks! (And if you truly get my hint, you won't change it ;P)

Thanks! (And if you truly get my hint, you won't change it ;P)

So if we believe you, we should vote for you to ensure you stay alive longer. And if we don't believe you we should vote for you to kill you. So we should just vote for you. But that doesn't help us find the Florins. I like your tactic, but maybe you came out too early in the day? Would like to have seen some of the votes without you in the mix.

So if we believe you, we should vote for you to ensure you stay alive longer. And if we don't believe you we should vote for you to kill you. So we should just vote for you. But that doesn't help us find the Florins. I like your tactic, but maybe you came out too early in the day? Would like to have seen some of the votes without you in the mix.

Yeah, no knowledge can be gained from this day now... <_<

yeah, I do agree. hmmmm what wouldve happened if that post had waited.

It is very interesting though. So many hints are being dropped as to who is who but I have to

wonder if they are red herrings.

Anyone notice how the Priest looks like a goat?

edit: getting a bit frustrated now cause I want to bring up something but I am worried that if I point it out that might make

that person be targeted. Well, at least valerie targeted.

Edited by crazypainter