BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Princess Bride Mafia

map18.jpg

for those of you who havent seen the movie or dont have it oermanemtly burned onto your brain...have fun!

Yes! I am my favorite character! Can anyone guess who that is?

Edited by crazypainter

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if someone wants to 'bluff or to blath" the wrong role? Do they still have to duel?

Players can bluff all they want with hints, but they cannot name themselves (correct or a bluff) without the duel. In other words...you can say anything about yourself you want except refer to yourself by a characters name.

Another clarification:

Both Miracle Max and the Albino play saving/doctor-type rolls. They target a person at night to save and if that person is attacked by a killer then Miracle Max will bring them back to life (that same night) or the Albino will nurse them back to health. However, the Albino's save will be kept secret and treated just like the other roles where the player cannot be found or the killing action is flummoxed (we've got to preserve the mystery, now don't we??) ;)

So are we still waiting on confirmations?

Just sent mine in...hopefully everyone else did it before me :P

Yes! I am my favorite character! Can anyone guess who that is?

That could possibly narrow it down pretty far...are you Wesley, CP? :P

Yes. I still need to hear from 5 more people.

The 5 people, you know who you are, so send in your confirmations NOW! :P *slightly excited for game, sorry :P *

Umm...just a sidenote, PG, but in over a week, I might get overwhelmed with school stuff, so if I end up being inactive, feel free to replace me (although I hope I'll manage to squeeze some time :D )

The 5 people, you know who you are, so send in your confirmations NOW! :P *slightly excited for game, sorry :P *

Umm...just a sidenote, PG, but in over a week, I might get overwhelmed with school stuff, so if I end up being inactive, feel free to replace me (although I hope I'll manage to squeeze some time :D )

Such a good sport :)

OOH! Is that everybody? :D:D:D *dying to get this started*

So pumped to see if I will make it past the first night!!! :P

Edit: didn't see your post, CP :P Hopefully Y-san will send her confirmation soon! :)

Edited by star_tiger

Great! I'm just waiting on Y-san now. I know she said that this would be a busy week so if anyone sees her on, please tell her to PM me ASAP. Thanks! :D

You know no one ever "sees" her online. She's ALWAYS invisible XD

LOGO.jpg

The air was crisp and smelled of autumn; the Florin countryside was dressed in all of the colors of the changing leaves. Each gentle breeze sent red, gold, and brilliant orange spinning and sailing through the air as if God himself had made a wish upon a fiery dandelion. Some of the misfit leaves would find their way on to the dark waters of the western sea only to be battered time and time again against the rocky shoreline. Others would follow the winds eastward and come to rest in the courtyard of the castle where the King’s groundskeepers would frazzle themselves by raking each singleton as it lit on their perfectly manicured landscape.

castle.jpg

A large crowd was gathering inside the castle gates; statesmen and commoners alike. Countrymen from far and near had abandoned their mill work, their masonry, their bread-making to witness the event of a lifetime. In just a few short minutes the Prince himself would appear on the balcony overlook and address his kingdom. The announcement would be monumental and historic; the Prince had chosen for himself a bride. What made his decision extraordinary was that the future Princess was not just another wealthy foreign noble to add to the collection of the Florin Royalty, but a fellow commoner, a farmer’s daughter. According to the law of the land, Prince Humperdinck had the right to select from any unwed woman under his rule. Without hesitation, he chose Buttercup.

Humperdinckoncastle.jpg

Buttercup was a commoner by birth…but nothing about her was common. She was a woman of surpassing beauty whose smile alone could melt the heart of any man. Yet Buttercup was distraught over her appointment as the Princes’ bride-to-be; she was already in love with another man. Westley was a farm-hand, poor and perfect, with eyes like the sea after a storm. Their love was passionate and powerful – as if straight from the pages of a storybook – it could only be described as fantastical…as True Love.

BWsaygoodbyeonfarm.jpg

Little did Westley and Buttercup know that they had more than just the obstacle of Buttercup’s royal engagement to overcome, but they would also have to somehow thwart the plans of her fiancé to have her murdered on their wedding night. Prince Humperdinck, along with his confidants, was conspiring to incite a war with Guilder, the country across the sea, the sworn enemy of Florin. He had already begun to set the stage by enlisting a rogue hitman, Vizzini, to frame Guilder by murdering the Princess Bride and her court…unless, that is, the Florin trio beat him to it.

With forcible corruption assembling against them the only question that remains is: can death stop True Love?

WestleyBcupWedding.jpg

Let the game begin! Each player with night action will have until 8:00pm Central time on Wednesday (approx. 24 hours from the time of this post) to send me a PM.

Rules and Roles

Host: S. Morgenstern

Akaslickster

Itachi-san

Prince_Marth85

Brandonb

Frozen_in_Fire

CrazyPainter

Woon

Mekal

Cherry Lane

Prof. Templeton

Yoruichi-san

Dms172

Star_Tiger

Okay, somehow two of my links on the intro post are goofy. I have PMed Rookie to fix them for me. The second image is supposed to be of the castle and countryside (not a duplicate of Westley & Buttercup!) and the Rules & Roles link at the bottom leads to some old riddle...that's not even mine! :rolleyes: I'm not off to such a great start with this hostessing gig. Please be patient with me...I've been diagnosed with the same affliction as the Clergyman it seems. :D

OOH! Is that everybody? :D:D:D *dying to get this started*

So pumped to see if I will make it past the first night!!! :P

Edit: didn't see your post, CP :P Hopefully Y-san will send her confirmation soon! :)

Not to worry bud, I PM'd PG with mine..

And I made a comment earlier that said....

Yeah my fav character!

THAT WAS A GREAT POST, PG! I couldn't help not mentioning that, and it was of the upmost importance I put them in capital letters :P

If you didn't get the message, I luv the post very, very much! It's so dramatic with all the secret murders, twisted relationships, and TRUE LOVE! :D

Hope everyone sent in their night posts ;)

I can't wait for this to kick off and scale the Cliffs of Insanity. BTW, did you guys know there is a downloadable Princess Bride PC Game out? It looks a little cheesy (like a good quality flash game maybe) and costs 20 bucks. There are a few demos you can play however at princessbridegame.com. Mildly amusing. :mellow:

Yeah I did see it. Was not impressed. I wish I couldve gotten a better file image from it though...

Ok now for THIS game! Im ready to kick some baddie butt.

And it is Wuv twue wuv.... :wub:

edit: needed to misspell something...

Edited by crazypainter

Yeah I did see it. Was not impressed. I wish I couldve gotten a better file image from it though...

Ok now for THIS game! Im ready to kick some baddie butt.

And it is Wuv twue wuv.... :wub:

edit: needed to misspell something...

Wow, for once, I actually got what you were saying! ;)

I can't wait till the night post is up! How many more night posts do you still need, PG?