BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Princess Bride Mafia

princessbridecolorbar.png

This is old-school mafia nothing too complicated however, the roles and the rules of play have been tweaked to fit the movie and my personal liking, so please read them carefully.

RULES

*Roles will be randomly assigned Tuesday. As soon as all confirmations are received, the game can start.

*Both days and nights will be approximately 24 hours beginning and ending at 8pm Central Time. Be patient; story posts will be made typically around 10pm Central Time. If night information comes early, or if the lynch vote is a run-away, the host can choose to post earlythis will only extend the following day/night period.

*Clues will not be given in the story posts Im just not that clever so there is no use trying to read between the lines. Any suspicious-sounding action in the story is purely unintentional on my part. Timelines may be out-of-order so that the story flows better. All Characters will be referred to by the sex of said character use of he or she has nothing to do with the player assigned that role.

*In order for a player to reveal his/her role publicly on the thread (be it the correct role or a bluff), he/she will first be challenged to a duel. They must PM me and I will roll the die to determine their fate. They have a 2/3 chance of being allowed to reveal their role, and a 1/3 chance they will be skewered by my sword in the duel. Hinting and guessing are allowed, but a player cannot confirm a guess by saying their role without first accepting the duel. If this rule is broken then that player will become a vanilla character (losing all of their abilities.) **PG snickers wickedly!**

*Nonsense posts are allowed but discouraged. If this privilege is abused (as determined by the Host :D) the abuser will first be warned and then replaced.

*Be polite to one another and to the Host no rude language. If you have a complaint about another player, please PM me so that I can handle the situation privately. The game thread is no place for complaints.

*No Behind the scenes contact (BTSC) for anyone except Westley/Buttercup and the Florin Trio.

*Absolutely no spying on other players profile page. If a player is accused of spying, an investigation and/or a reprimand will be given by me; followed by replacement. I trust that since you all are experienced and skilled in Mafia, cheating will not be necessary. ;)

NameInigoTag.jpg

ROLES

Goodies

The Princess Court Win when Vizzini and the Florin Trio are dead.

Westley The Epic Hero and Buttercups true love. Westley cannot die during the night while Buttercup is alive. If Westley is attacked while Buttercup is alive, there is a 50% chance that his attacker will die by Westleys sword instead. Has BTSC with Buttercup.

Buttercup Can bewitch all men with her surpassing beauty. Each night Buttercup can target any player. When she targets them, she simply bats her eyelashes and they are crazed by love causing the accuracy of their night action to be reduced. The action of Buttercups target will have a 1/3 chance of being accurate, a 1/3 chance of targeting someone random (including himself but not Buttercup or Westley) and a 1/3 chance of not working at all. Buttercups feminine charm does not work on Valerie. Has BTSC with Westley

The Dread Pirate Roberts His name alone strikes fear in the hearts of men as he is notorious for being a ruthless killer. On odd nights, Roberts can kill the target of his choice. If spied upon, there is a 50% chance that Roberts will take to the high seas and be unable to be located.

**Note: In this game, Westley and The Dread Pirate Roberts are two separate people his black mask distinguishes Roberts in the images.

Inigo Montoya The Expert Swordsman and village drunk. Inigo is driven by his obsession to avenge the death of his father who was unjustly slaughtered by a six-fingered man. On even nights, Inigo can kill the target of his choice. Inigo can also choose one night only to go on a drinking binge. If he is targeted while on his binge he will not be able to be found because he is passed out in the thieves forest. Once Count Rugen is dead, Inigo loses his thirst for blood and booze and becomes a vanilla character.

Fezzik The Giant. Fezzik may look intimidating but he's got a heart of pure gold. If spied upon, Fezzik will don a holocaust cloak and masquerade as the Dread Pirate Roberts (unless his role has already been publicly revealed.) Fezzik cannot die by lynching. If he gains the majority vote and is lynched he will loose consciousness for one night/day period when he will be safe from any action against him. After the next lynching vote, Fezzik will regain consciousness and rejoin the court with his identity made public of course.

Clergyman Each night the Clergyman can say a blessing of protection on the person of his choice. However, because the Clergyman is as old as dirt and is suffering from dementia he has only a 50% chance of blessing the intended person, leaving him with a 50% chance of accidentally blessings a statue of St. Francis. The Clergyman can only choose to bless himself once, but when he does, his blessing is 100% effective.

Miracle Max Can bring anyone back to life during the night by giving them a chocolate-coated miracle pill (but not the same person 2 nights in a row.) However, because of his deep hatred for Prince Humperdinck, even if he is accidentally chosen, Miracle Max will refuse to make him a pill. Max can only choose to save himself once.

Valerie Valerie is the wife of Miracle Max. Each night Valerie can look into the soul of a person and see the goodness (or faction) in their heart. If Valerie is killed during the night she automatically consumes Maxs miracle pill, even if he had intended it for another player, including himself. She will be revived, but her role will be made public. She can only be saved once whether she was chosen by Max or not (and irregardless of if Max is still alive.)

Narrator The Narrator knows the whole story. He can learn the role of one player each night. If the Narrator is lynched, he will (must) shout out the identity of the player of his choice before he dies.

Baddies

Vizzini Rogue Hitman. Each night Vizzini can challenge any player to a battle of wits to the death via a drinking game. There is a 2/3 chance that his opponent will consume the drink laced with Iocane powder (one of the deadliest poisons known to man) and die. Vizzini wins when both Westley and Buttercup are dead. If Prince Humperdinck chooses, he can hire Vizzini to replace one of his fallen partners. The offers is so sweet that Vizzini accepts it unconditionally and gains BTSC with the remaining Florin Trio. However, as part of the Trio, Vizzinis kill accuracy will become distorted. He will then have a 2/3 chance of poisoning his target, and a 1/3 chance of poisoning a random living player (including himself and the other members of the Florin Trio.) Vizzinis win condition then becomes that of the Florin Trio. Vizzini cannot be killed the first night.

**Note: if Vizzini wins too early on, the game will continue to compete for second place.

The Florin Trio Wins when all the innocents are dead.

Prince Humperdinck Ruler of the Florin trio. The Prince is trying to frame Gilder, the country across the sea, in order to start a war. Each night the Prince makes a kill command if the kill is successful the Prince will set the murder scene to appear as though the Gildeans committed the crime. Has BTSC with Count Rugen and the Albino. If one of the other Florin Trio members is killed, Humperdinck has the option to hire Vizzini to help him start the war and he will gain BTSC with the remaining members. However, Vizzinis kill accuracy will become distorted. He will then have a 2/3 chance of poisoning his target, and a 1/3 chance of poisoning a random player (including himself and the other members of the Florin Trio.) The other members of the Trio cannot hire Vizzini if the Prince is killed.

Count Rugen, the six-fingered man Master of Torture. Each night Rugen can torture one person by strapping them to the machine. In their unbearable agony, that person will squeal their true identity before Rugen lets them free. Has BTSC with Prince Humperdinck and the Albino. Should the Prince die, Count Rugen will become so enraged that each torture session will then also have at 50% chance of killing his victim.

Albino Medical Assistant and Guardian of the Hideout. Each prime night (2,3,5,7) the Albino can use one of his homemade remedies to nurse one of the Florin Trio back to health. He can only choose to heal himself once. If the Albino is spied on there is a 50% chance that he will sneak off to the hideout before he can be found. Has BTSC with Prince Humperdinck and Count Rugen.

ROSTER

Host: S. Morgenstern a.k.a Puzzlegirl

1. Akaslickster

2. Itachi-san

3. Prince_Marth85

4. Brandonb

5. Frozen_in_Fire

6. CrazyPainter

7. Woon

8. Mekal

9. Cherry Lane

10. Prof. Templeton

11. Yoruichi-san

12. Dms172

13. Grey Cells??

Replacements:

Edited by puzzlegirl

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure thing!! :D

1. Akaslickster

2. Itachi-san

3. Prince_Marth85

4. Brandonb

5. Frozen_in_Fire

6. CrazyPainter

7. Woon

8. Mekal

9. Cherry Lane

10. Prof. Templeton

11. Yoruichi-san

12. Dms172

13. Grey Cells??

Replacements:

1. Star Tiger

Edited by puzzlegirl

Starting! Yay! ^-^

I am very excited about this game as I am a huge fan of the movie and book.

It is going to be VERY hard not to make funny comments and use lines from the movie!

Now, Prince, go put some clothes back on (reference to HH).

I am very excited about this game as I am a huge fan of the movie and book.

It is going to be VERY hard not to make funny comments and use lines from the movie!

Now, Prince, go put some clothes back on (reference to HH).

Hehehe :blush:

I updated the roster. Thanks to all of you who signed on as replacements. I'm sorry I don't have room for more characters...kind-of limited by the movie. :D Anyhow, I am still waiting on a confirmation from Grey Cells and Slickster is looking like he may be too busy to play...but I'll have to hear that directly from him before I give up his spot.

1. Akaslickster

2. Itachi-san

3. Prince_Marth85

4. Brandonb

5. Frozen_in_Fire

6. CrazyPainter

7. Woon

8. Mekal

9. Cherry Lane

10. Prof. Templeton

11. Yoruichi-san

12. Dms172

13. Grey Cells??

Replacements:

1. Star Tiger

2. Lexi-Penguin

3. Kat

4. Impervious

Once again...the roles will be PMed tomorrow. All will be randomly assigned. Once I have all of the role confirmations the game can begin.

EDIT: Dms, you are missing out! Go right now to Youtube and watch as many clips as you can. It's hilarious! :lol:

Edited by puzzlegirl

“The Princess Bride” – the movie in 10 parts

Part 1 Enter the Narrator

Part 2 Inconceivable!

Part 3 A Mighty Duel

Part 4 A Battle of Wits

Part 5 The Fire Swamp

Part 6 The Pit of Dispair

Part 7 The Sound of Ultimate Suffering

Part 8 Miracle Max & Marhwauge

Part 9 Ello, my name is Inigo Montoya…

Part 10 A Happy Ending

Eh..... Must we watch all these before playing this game? :huh:

Okay, I think this is the final roster, unless someone doesn't confirm their role before tomorrow. I am sending out the roles now!! :D

1. Akaslickster

2. Itachi-san

3. Prince_Marth85

4. Brandonb

5. Frozen_in_Fire

6. CrazyPainter

7. Woon

8. Mekal

9. Cherry Lane

10. Prof. Templeton

11. Yoruichi-san

12. Dms172

13. Star_Tiger

Replacements

1. Lexi-Penguin

2. Kat

3. Impervious

4. Phaze

Geesh, I had no idea what a demand there would be for this game. If all goes well I might host a PBM-2.

Well the movie rocks!! I read the book in HS & saw the movie then too.

My friends and I have been quoting it ever since. That was ~1988 BTW

Why are you folks hell-bent on playing more and more games when I am having my examinations. I bet my life that when I come back on Nov.27 all eager to play a game, there will not be a single soul hovering about. <_< :P

With so many of you eager to play, PG you won't have a problem though. :D

Its the universe testing you GC. Seeing just how badly you want that degree.

Edited by crazypainter

*In order for a player to reveal his/her role publicly on the thread (be it the correct role or a bluff), he/she will first be challenged to a duel. They must PM me and I will roll the die to determine their fate. They have a 2/3 chance of being allowed to reveal their role, and a 1/3 chance they will be skewered by my sword in the duel. Hinting and guessing are allowed, but a player cannot confirm a guess by saying their role without first accepting the duel. If this rule is broken then that player will become a vanilla character (losing all of their abilities.) **PG snickers wickedly!**

PG this is a great idea! What if someone wants to 'bluff or to blath" the wrong role? Do they still have to duel?