BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Yoruichi-san

Question

Even though the first one hasn't been solved completely...it's about time to change up the menu ;P

1. (eiθ-e-iθ)/2i 77

2. <a>∙<b>=||a|| ||b|| 52

3. 93 110 y=mx+b

4. A+B=90° 241

5. 85’S d(1/x)/d(x)

6. absinθ n 106

7. 97 x2+y2+z2=r2

8. 312 n!/(k!(n-k)!)

9. 111 Σxip(xi) ‘S

10. 206 a for f(z)=1/(z-a)

11. 39_0 Σaii

12. 102 1/(2πi)*∫f(z)dz

• Answers 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

111 Σxip(xi) ‘S

Σxip(xi)= E(X)= or the Greek letter mu, but I don't know how to get 111 (I mean I know how

;) but I'm not getting it)

I forgot are the solutions about food. I read your first combo meal long time ago but I forgot!:)

I'm replying on my reply. I just checked... the first combo meal wasn't about food! :)

You lost me after the first (

Calc 2 was where I left off... 17 years ago. Any chance I had at this puzzle went it's separate way when we graduated high school, methinks.

It'll be fun to watch tho.

I've been googling my a** off and I'm still clueless :lol:

97 x2+y2+z2=r2

does this have something to do with a ball or a bubble??

is the formula for a sphere..so bubbles, ball, etc all fit

but I'm still totally clueless on this puzzle.....

but will get there.....eventually...hopefully.

okay i looked through every single post on the 1st combo meal puzzle thing...and I still can't figure out how you all got THOSE answers! :(

I'm hopeless...

Can anyone lead me in the right direction about how to decode this stuff? I really want to get in on the fun! lol

okay i looked through every single post on the 1st combo meal puzzle thing...and I still can't figure out how you all got THOSE answers! :(

I'm hopeless...

Can anyone lead me in the right direction about how to decode this stuff? I really want to get in on the fun! lol

as near as I can tell....and I'm close to being on the same page as you, but....

figure out an "english name" for the formula then....pull out your trusty periodic table (btw...my placemat is one, thanks to my kids) and the atomic numbers of the word add up to the number given. I think..... 2 numbers means 2 extra words...

someone tell me if this is correct.

I'm hopeless...

The math portion refers to a word(s) and the numbers are word(s) that can be made from the periodic table

Dyson Sphere above (assuming I'm correct) 97 is the sum of the atomic numbers of symbols Dy, S, O, and N 66,16,8 and 7. The x2+y2+z2=r2 is a formula for a sphere.

The math portion refers to a word(s) and the numbers are word(s) that can be made from the periodic table
Dyson Sphere above (assuming I'm correct) 97 is the sum of the atomic numbers of symbols Dy, S, O, and N 66,16,8 and 7. The x2+y2+z2=r2 is a formula for a sphere.

Okay, that makes a little sense...out of curiosity, how did you know that 97 was a sum of letters?

Thanks for the help!

Thanks Andromeda, you're awesome as usual ;).

sign here

Very good!

I've been googling my a** off and I'm still clueless :lol:

97 x2+y2+z2=r2

does this have something to do with a ball or a bubble??

y=mx+b

This one I knew without Google :D

It's a formula for a line (slope)

but again I can't untangle the number!:)

Yep...keep going...

DySON 66,16,8,7 Shpere

Wow...good answer! But actually, I was using off something else...something very common we did in grade school...;P

this is bringing back BAD memories of college.

is the Laplace transform...I think.

Lol...actually it's not the Laplace transform...or the inverse...there's no exponential term in the integral...

...And I have good memories of college...hehe ;P

Complimentary BeVErAgEs

Yep! Good :D.

Yeah... awesome, but I have never guessed any of your riddles, just partially, so I continue with that

n!/(k!(n-k)!) does this has something to do with

Leibniz

It takes a lot of digging and rummaging through the web to find things related to these formulas

:)

Well, most of my riddles are designed to promote teamwork...I like the fact that BD is a "meeting of the minds" ;P...and I really like team players (and not just b/c of Mafia :P)...

But, uh, not sure how you're relating it to Leibniz...but if it helps...n is the total number, k is a smaller number...

absinθ n has maybe something to do with

These are hard, especially because I don't "speak" math! ;)

vectors

Lol...but math is the only truly universal language ;P

And yes, you're right...it has something to do with those :D