BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

peace*out

Question

Here is a problem that i am trying to solve, but i also want to see what you guys get!

9) The Sherman family has a pool 30 feet long, and 25 feet wide. There is a walkway 4.5 feet wide around the pool.

a. What is the perimeter of the pool?

110 feet

b. What is the perimeter of the outside of the walkway? (i dont know this one yet)

Thanks!

11 answers to this question

Yeah this isn't too hard.

The Sherman family has a pool 30 feet long, and 25 feet wide. There is a walkway 4.5 feet wide around the pool

2(30 + 4.5 + 4.5) + 2(25 + 4.5 + 4.5) = 146.

Pool is 30m long, 25 wide. 4.5 perimeter of walkway. 4.5 m is added to each end of each side of the pool (4 sides).

Here is a problem that i am trying to solve, but i also want to see what you guys get!

9) The Sherman family has a pool 30 feet long, and 25 feet wide. There is a walkway 4.5 feet wide around the pool.

a. What is the perimeter of the pool?

110 feet

b. What is the perimeter of the outside of the walkway? (i dont know this one yet)

Thanks!

Ok... both problems were easy... more than easy!!!

A:

30+30+25+25= 110ft

(30+4.5+4.5)+(30+4.5+4.5)+(25+4.5+4.5)+(25+4.5+4.5)= 146Ft

Hey here's the answer to letter B

It's 128 feet cuz p=l+l+w+w so u just get the 30 foot length and the 25 foot width and add 4.5 to each, so u get 29.5ft and 34.5ft. Then multiply each of them by 2 and add the products.

Hey here's the answer to letter B

It's 128 feet cuz p=l+l+w+w so u just get the 30 foot length and the 25 foot width and add 4.5 to each, so u get 29.5ft and 34.5ft. Then multiply each of them by 2 and add the products.

NO you have to add 4.5 twice to the length and width ( for the left side and right )

Tried and succeeded.....

Its not as easy as I thought though....

:D

110 feet

146 feet...... simply add all sides of the pool (30+30+25+25) then add twice the width of the walkway around the pool to the length of each side........{[30+(4.5x2)]+[30+(4.5x2)]+[25+(4.5x2)]+[25+(4.5x2)]}=146

Illustrations could be used to make the job easier...