BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

11 answers to this question

Took me a while to figure it out, first I thought it had something to do with binary and I would have guessed the next number would be 16, but that doesn't exactly fit in.. Especially because of your hints, it wouldn't make sense if it was 16.

So I kept looking and found a new possible solution:

The next number is 3 according to me.

As hints you have given A and B so far, which are the first 2 letters of the alphabet. I assume the hint is to try to find the connection between the letters of the alphabet and the numbers.. As you can see, there's an A in 1000 (thousAnd), a B in 1000000000 (Billion), a C in 10^27 (oCtillion), a D in 100 (hunDreD), an E in 1 (onE), a F in 4 (Four) and a G in 8 (eiGht). If my thinking is correct, then every number should be the first number containing that certain letter. So my answer is 3, because the next letter is H, which can be found back in 3 (tHree)

Took me a while to figure it out, first I thought it had something to do with binary and I would have guessed the next number would be 16, but that doesn't exactly fit in.. Especially because of your hints, it wouldn't make sense if it was 16.

So I kept looking and found a new possible solution:

The next number is 3 according to me.

As hints you have given A and B so far, which are the first 2 letters of the alphabet. I assume the hint is to try to find the connection between the letters of the alphabet and the numbers.. As you can see, there's an A in 1000 (thousAnd), a B in 1000000000 (Billion), a C in 10^27 (oCtillion), a D in 100 (hunDreD), an E in 1 (onE), a F in 4 (Four) and a G in 8 (eiGht). If my thinking is correct, then every number should be the first number containing that certain letter. So my answer is 3, because the next letter is H, which can be found back in 3 (tHree)

Spot on! Well done!

WELCOME TO THE DEN!

okay... i know this has already been solved... but i am determined to get it right...

letters could be refering to wording... but also could be refering to the alphebetical code... so if you use wording it might be 3 or 8... if you use the alphebetical code it would be 16... am i right?

Edited by Mekal

okay... i know this has already been solved... but i am determined to get it right...

letters could be refering to wording... but also could be refering to the alphebetical code... so if you use wording it might be 3 or 8... if you use the alphebetical code it would be 16... am i right?

alphabetical code

As I've said before, I've also thought of the number 16 :P but I don't really get how it could possibly fit in there...

Using Google's advanced search feature comes in handy for some of the harder searches. If you put "brainden.com" next to "Search within a site or domain:" and search for "1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000", you'll get this page.