BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

andromeda

Question

This one is not my riddle. I found it on a Croatian riddle forum and translated it. If something similar is already posted I'll get a taste of my own medicine :lol: (I did run a search... :blink:)

The wife was cooking, her husband was about to come home from work. Accidentally she tipped over a bag of salt into the pan she was cooking the meal in. About 2 pounds of salt got into the pan, but she was hoping her husband won’t notice.

When her husband tasted the meal what was the first question he asked her and why??

:)

Edited by andromeda

I would like to join this comedy show . :)

Here is my answer ...

There were many foods on the meal, not just only one . By accident , his wife tipped a bag of salt into the pan so she had no more salt to use for other foods. That's why the first sentence her husband said was "could you pass salt please?".

:D

Here is my answer ...

There were many foods on the meal, not just only one . By accident , his wife tipped a bag of salt into the pan so she had no more salt to use for other foods. That's why the first sentence her husband said was "could you pass salt please?".

I like that, though I like my capers idea more ( yuk!)

Here is my answer ...

Thanks for joining ;)

No...

lets just say the meal she tipped the salt into was the first one he tasted!

:)

Edited by andromeda

"Please pass the salt"

I offer three possibilities:

1) the meal was of the "boil in bag" variety. This is unlikely, however, as pre-packaged meals tend to be already high in sodium.

2) Steamed shrimp. Or anything else steamed. Provided it was spilled into the water pot. You DID state that she spilled the salt into the pan where the meal was being prepared so....

3) Salt Baked Red Snapper

The extra salt wouldn't make much of a difference either way.

you can find the recipe here: :P

http://homecooking.about.com/od/seafoodrecipes/r/blsea99.htm

"Please pass the salt"

I offer three possibilities:

1) the meal was of the "boil in bag" variety. This is unlikely, however, as pre-packaged meals tend to be already high in sodium.

2) Steamed shrimp. Or anything else steamed. Provided it was spilled into the water pot. You DID state that she spilled the salt into the pan where the meal was being prepared so....

3) Salt Baked Red Snapper

The extra salt wouldn't make much of a difference either way.

you can find the recipe here: :P

http://homecooking.about.com/od/seafoodrecipes/r/blsea99.htm

Welcome to the Den and wow... you had offered some great suggestions... I like the steamed meal possibility.

However these answers are not what I'm looking for. It's very simple actually.

Usually I give a lot of hints, but this time I gave none, because you would guess it right away. ;)

some ask before tasting and some asked after tasting - perhaps he did not add any he just wanted to see the product to determine if he could claim for overdose by inadequately controlled food safe enviroment at point of manufacture

bet that is not it

He may just want to avoid that processor again???