BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Heroes Hybrid

Brandonb

I'd love to, but being the rookie I don't want to take the first step for my team.

I am working on my guesses however <_<

Don't feel bad Some Guy I was the Rookie last heroes game....you'll be guilty until proven innocent :P

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drafting Clarification question: To draft, we have to get the Name + Role correct...So how does that work for the 2 MIA members since we don't know their role names? For instance on my side. Would we say: "We want to draft ______ and we think he/she's the MIA company."

Way to put yourself down...

as to PM... i will only go to the side with ghost popcorn :P (Where is kat when you need her...)

We have ghost candy if thats good enough Mekal :P:D

EDIT: Typo

Edited by limeliam

Yeah, I don't really know either

Well you're on a side, don't you try and draft people? I'm undecided. I sit here and wait to be drafted (or killed, which I wouldn't like very much, even if there WOULD be ghost popcorn)

<(^-^)>

Well you're on a side, don't you try and draft people? I'm undecided. I sit here and wait to be drafted (or killed, which I wouldn't like very much, even if there WOULD be ghost popcorn)

<(^-^)>

So As a Hero, I simply have to guess peoples role and draft them to be on the heroes team?

Drafting Clarification question: To draft, we have to get the Name + Role correct...So how does that work for the 2 MIA members since we don't know their role names? For instance on my side. Would we say: "We want to draft ______ and we think he/she's the MIA company."

First, you do know who is missing. Just look at the 6 roles on your team (on the opening post) then deduce which one is missing among you current team.

Keep in mind, for drafting you send me a PM. Your draft attempt is not supposed to be public knowledge. The RIE on the other hand, is supposed to be public knowledge.

So your PM to me would say

"We want to draft BOB as the <role>." The only role that you do not know is which role on the opposing team is the MIA. BUt I still wouldn't be opposed to you saying "the company MIA" if you wanted to. It could help you avoid the confusion b/w the RIE and the Draft.

Again, PM me your draft attempt. But remember, there is almost no chance that you will complete a successful draft on day 1 unless you all start going out on a limb and trying the RIE to gain a little info.

Now, as for the RIE (since it is public knowledge) you MAY refer to the role that you are attempting to discover as "the company MIA" so that the opposing team does not know which role you are missing. Also, the results of the MIA and the Draft attempt will be PMed to your team, so the opposing team will never know if your guesses were correct or not.

So As a Hero, I simply have to guess peoples role and draft them to be on the heroes team?

Yes and no. You can try that if you want to, but your chances to succeed on a draft would be slim-to-none. The RIE was developed for a reason, and I fear that you all may not realize the importance until after the day1 post. :unsure:

Again, remember. Your draft guess must be PMed to me. The RIE (ex. "G: <name> is <role>, S: <name> is not <role>") must be posted in this thread.

Edit: to include...

Something like that! I thought Heroes had BTSC? :huh: Don't they pick as a team?

<(^-^)>

Yes, all but the MIA has BTSC. And yes, they should agree as a team who they are going to try to draft. But one of them could go out on a limb and try the RIE, maybe just as it pertains to him/herself.

Edit2: It looks like we are going to make use of our backups! First come first served! If one of our three backups wants to jump in, now is the time!

Edited by Brandonb

well here goes..

S: <crazypainter> is not <claire>

ok that was a very obvious thng to say as we know i am not in that group.

Just wanted to get something up here..

OK, thank you for making an attempt CP!

but wow, I thought I had specified in the RIE rules that the 'S:' name and role must pertain to your team. However it looks like I only wrote "player". I'm very sorry, and it is my fault but I can't accept that statement. The Name and Role must pertain to the names and roles that you team has BTSC with. Sorry! still working out a few kinks. :rolleyes:

Also, remember that once you make the S: (statement) you may make a G: (Guess) along with it. So you disclose very little info about a player on your team, but you also gain just as much (if not MUCH more) info about the person you are making the guess about. ;)

Thank you for opening that up CP. Now I just hope everyone reads this since I can't go back and edit the OP... maybe I can get Rookie or someone... :)

OH! I get it! So we undecided just sit here? I mean there are some statements about Claire (who is in the undecided group) but that doesn't mean we take part in anything does it? :huh:

<(^-^)>

OK, thank you for making an attempt CP!

but wow, I thought I had specified in the RIE rules that the 'S:' name and role must pertain to your team. However it looks like I only wrote "player". I'm very sorry, and it is my fault but I can't accept that statement. The Name and Role must pertain to the names and roles that you team has BTSC with. Sorry! still working out a few kinks. :rolleyes:

Also, remember that once you make the S: (statement) you may make a G: (Guess) along with it. So you disclose very little info about a player on your team, but you also gain just as much (if not MUCH more) info about the person you are making the guess about. ;)

Thank you for opening that up CP. Now I just hope everyone reads this since I can't go back and edit the OP... maybe I can get Rookie or someone... :)

OK yes that does make a BIG difference!

I just wrote that as an example to make sure I was doing it right.

s: I, crazypainter, am not elle

G: itachi-san is peter

There are too many RIEs floating around...BB, are the undecideds involved at all in the RIE(I didn't think so), because some of the guesses have related to us.

Right. The guesses may be directed at anyone, including the unsided players. But no worries, thus far all of the RIEs have been disqualified. Also, PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO COLOR YOUR RIE so that I know which team made it. (red=company, Blue=Heroes). Thank you.

And again, "In order to make this guess, the player must disclose a TRUE statement about any Player AND Role on his/her team (with current BTSC)"

dms... trying being a little more proactive like Ysan... you may be able to do more than you think.

Edit: I'm sorry, I know that this is a little confusing right now for everyone. It's a new setup and it will become more clear as the game progresses.

But now I will just go ahead and be clear about why the RIEs were disqualified... both teams made statements relating to a role that they do not have current BTSC with. In other words, both teams have now disclosed the roles of their MIA members... So now your opponents know what role you are missing. But no one knows who they are yet.

Edited by Brandonb

Both statements are disqualified for both violating the rules of the RIE. :huh:

Reread carefully and try again... keep in mind, b/c you both violated the rules, you may have just disclosed WAY more than you should have for trying to be sneaky B))

how was I being sneaky? Um not following....

edit..ok got it..&^%$

Edited by crazypainter

how was I being sneaky? Um not following....

edit..ok got it..&^%$

;) cool.

Feel free to give it another try now. Once both teams have gone, I will PM the confirmation about whether the guess was true or false.

Also, just to get this out there. When the teams decide what they are going to do with their roles and their drafts. Please just go ahead and send me a PM containing:

-A roster of your players, with the actions taken by them next to each name.

-your draft attempt

-your sacrifice and the other attempt, if you are willing to make another draft attempt

Right. The guesses may be directed at anyone, including the unsided players.

Yeah, but can we respond to them at all? And if so, how? I guess we would respond to them on an individual basis then...