BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Heroes Hybrid

Brandonb

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Nightmare Begins…

Riding in the back, as riving through a tunnel late at night, she watched the lights overhead zoom up her windshield and straight back across her open sunroof. Combined with the droning sound of her engine hollowly echoing off the tunnel walls and through the sunroof, it was hypnotizing. She continued to drive, and let her thoughts wander on from the fading day's activities, to what would happen tomorrow, and on to her family that seemed to be ever-growing apart...

The company, in their never ending quest for power, decided that it may be easier to make company agents, then to recruit them. Since the previous formula they created merely bestowed random abilities on their agents (and they had no use for agents with the ability to turn objects different colors, or to burn CDs with their minds), they decided to work on something new. After months of work, they came up with a new technology that was only referred to as "Hybrid." It could take the abilities of a person, so long as they were dead, and bestow those powers onto other living people. It could be duplicated to as many people as desired.

Now that they have the Hybrid perfected, it’s time to start collecting…

Somewhere outside of New York City... the sun was setting over a desolate train yard. Giant blue, black, gray, green, and red boxcars littered the area, but not a railroad worker could be found. But there were people there, two sides engaged in an epic battle. One side that was hunting, to fuel a source of unbridled power, and the other side, grouped together to save their own lives and stop the onslaught of the company.

NUP_105801_0425.jpg

In the middle of the train yard, no powers, just two men and a gun. Mohinder and HRG fought for their lives, against eachother. With gritted teeth, both men wrestled on their feet against the side of an immobile boxcar, for control over HRG’s snub nosed revolver. Each man had one hand on the gun, and the other on the wrist of his opponent. However, HRG was stronger. With all of his effort he was able to get his finger on the trigger, and began to twist Mohinder’s arm down and turn the gun toward Mohinder’s head. The gun’s aim was just barely out of line with his face, when Mohinder used all the strength he had left to head butted HRG in the eye with a sickening crunch of bones crushing glass. HRG fell to the ground, and dropped the gun at Mohinder’s feet. “Well, it looks like I have won” said Mohinder as he picked up the gun and extended his arm to aim the barrel at HRG’s shattered face…

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzztt. Suddenly a burst of electricity shot towards Mohinder, it hit him in the side and blasted him against the boxcar. “Not yet” said Elle as she prepared her fatal blow. Her hands grew bright as she buzzed with electricity. In one huge blast she sent a wave of energy into the boxcar. “Are you OK?” Asked Nathan as he flew higher into the air while bear-hugging Mohinder. “I think that little vixen melted the soles of my shoes.” Someone needs to put her down. “Thank you for saving me” said Mohinder. “If you hadn’t swooped in and pulled me out of there, I would’ve been looking like your shoes.”

NUP_104903_2071.jpg

This was really starting to make the green-glowing radioactive guy angry… and no one likes it when he gets angry. Ted spotted his target… Candice. She was laying flat in between the rails, hiding under a train. “How perfect” Ted thought to himself. His hands began to boil hot as he blasted the train with a nuclear blast. Candice didn’t even have time to react, all she could do was scream as Ted melted the train over her head, dripping molten metal down onto Candice, incinerating her. But then his hands began to cool while Candice was still screaming… he didn’t understand what was going on. Until he looked to his left and saw the Haitian standing there. Then the screaming stopped, and Candice vanished, along with the entire train… it was all an illusion. A trap to get the Haitian close enough to Ted to stop him. Just then, Ted heard a voice behind him. “Not so tough now are you?” Candice said as she drove an eight inch knife straight into Ted’s back and through his heart.

NUP_106184_3570.jpg

Elle smiled when she saw that Mohinder had vanished. Until it felt like a train had plowed into her back. Elle went flying through the air head first into the side of the boxcar where Mohinder had just been leaning. Her body went limp, and she exhaled her last breath. Nikki smiled when she saw Elle’s fragile body crumple into a ball on the ground.

Ted dropped to the ground, defeated. Candice glared down at him with a glorious smile on her face, as Ted choked out his last words “Not so tough now are you?” Then he vanished. Confused, Candice looked around to see a luminescent Peter standing over the Haitian who he had just knocked over the head with a baseball bat. “Not so funny when someone does it to you is it?” said the glowing Peter, as Ted appeared next to him…

NUP_105171_1722.jpg

In the middle of all the madness, Linderman was walking around somehow unnoticed by the others around him. He strolled through the train yard, observing the chaos and laughing to himself. As he walked, he ran his fingers along the side of the boxcar next to him. In the middle of his absurdly calm stroll through the battle, he came up to a crumpled pile of what was once Elle. “Well we can’t have that now can we?” he said to the pile of twisted flesh. Linderman merely bent over and touched the blood soaked blonde hair, and suddenly her body began to untwist and reform into the beauty that she once was. Elle inhaled and coughed, as she looked up at Linderman with thanks and wonderment. “You are welcome young lady” he said with a smile. “Now things are about to get very… heated. I suggest that you go ahead and return to our rendezvous point.

NUP_105637_0122.jpg

DL was searching for Niki, he hadn’t seen her since they split up and she went to save Mohinder. The train yard was nothing for him, we just phased through the cars one by one searching for his wife. Until he entered into the same area where Ted and Peter were standing. “I could go for something like that.” said a voice. DL whipped around to see Mr. Petrelli standings a foot away from him. Petrelli reached out to touch DL and steal his powers, but his hand phased right through DL.

Peter stood in the center of the chaos, attacks whirling around him. He began to feel slightly dizzy, there was so much going on. Everyone was fighting and he couldn’t focus on anything in particular. Suddenly, his hands started to glow fiercely. Peter had absorbed too many abilities, and now he would experience the consequences. He glanced down at his hands, realizing what was about to happen. In the midst of all the confusion, Peter yelled out for everyone to run for their lives. He was going to explode. All of the warring people glanced up at the shimmering person standing solitarily in the middle of the train yard. They quickly comprehended the situation and the danger they were in. They ran for it, many hitching a ride on a passing train that had just whizzed by. Peter could feel himself pulsing with energy, on the verge of erupting in a mushroom cloud of power. He collapsed onto his knees, staring into the sky.

NUP_106184_0690.jpg

As Peter was looking up, high in the sky Mohinder was looking down at him. “We have to help him!” yelled the anxious Mohinder, holding onto Nathan to stay alive. “It’s too late to go back, we may as well just save ourselves!” Nathan replied. He shot off into the night sky, while far below, a massive explosion shook the earth. Two of the people that had been fighting hadn’t quite made it out of the train yard by the time of the eruption. While they were running in opposite directions, the blast caught them from behind, knocking them down, unconscious. The body of Peter lay smoldering right where he had been standing moments ago. The body trembled for a bit, and then struggled to get up. Peter’s face slowly healed itself, the burned skin revitalized. He stood up and glanced around for a moment, only to rocket into the sky, flying back home.

hro_art_trainwreck.jpg

The next day, the company members met at the headquarters in New York. Arthur Petrelli, the company founder, spoke to the group. “Last night was pathetic. We need to take down those so called ‘heroes’ so we can continue with project Hybrid. Without test subjects, we can’t perfect the method to give us all abilities. Unless one of you wants to volunteer…” Mr. Petrelli looked down upon the small group of members, all of whom glanced around nervously. “We need more recruits to complete this task. Clearly our force yesterday wasn’t enough to capture them, so we need more members. But where to get them…any ideas?” Someone piped up that they thought they had head of some people with powers living in the area. “Good…find them. We need more recruits!” The members started to disperse, when Arthur suddenly shouted “Wait! Something’s not right…weren’t there more of us? We were all supposed to meet back here after the battle. Where’s…”

Not much earlier, the heroes had regrouped as well, but somewhere very different. Peter mentioned the fact that they need more people in the group. “We can’t fight this fight alone; we need to recruit others with powers like ours to help us.” The other heroes nodded in agreement. “If we don’t, the company will keep trying to kill us until we’re all dead. It’s a matter of life and death here, and I’d much prefer the former on this one. Well, for us at least.” Peter stood up, “Let’s get recruiting...wait a minute. Someone’s not here.” They looked around, wondering where the missing hero could be at the moment.

They strained to get up, gasping for breath. Collapsing back to the ground, they opened their eyes, squinting in the bright morning sun. They heaved themselves up and dusted themselves off. Their head was pounding, still a little groggy from the night before. “Where am I?” they thought, “What am I doing here? Is this a train yard?” They looked around, taking in the environment around them. “Come to think of it, who am I?” The person wandered around, panicking a little at the unknown. Across the train yard, another person was experiencing similar thoughts and feelings. Those two people headed off from the train yard, in search of the world, and their identities. Not much later, they would discover that they had incredible abilities, and their quest for knowledge would involve them in the battle between the heroes and villains. However, they were each already sided with one those groups, they just didn’t know it. Yet…

***Thank you to Frost! You wrote the second half of this Intro post and I couldn't have done it without you!***

The Company

1) Marth

2) Crazy Painter

3) Joe’s Student

4) limeliam

5) FIF

The Unsided

1) Y-san

2) Frost

3) Kathleen

4) dms_172

5) Mekal

The Heroes

1) Itachi

2) Sinistral

3) reaymond

4) star_tiger

5) SomeGuy

OK, everyone is in! Time to Begin!

Cycle One Starts NOW! (2 hrs early) It will end at 8:00 tomorrow.

***A few things have changed. The days will be 22hrs long. Ending at 8:00pmEST and starting at 10:00pmEST.

**Tips and Clarifications about the RIE**

When attempting an RIE, Please use the Format:

S: <name> is not <role>

G: <name> IS <role>

*G=Guess

*S=(true)Statement.

*Please also color your RIE (Red for Company, Blue for Heroes).

*Remember, this game could go VERY fast or not so fast... your best hope for winning is to recruit as many players as you can. So start using the RIE ASAP! :P

*Teams may not change their RIE once it had been posted.

*If I am not online to declare a true or false, another round of the RIE may begin (so long as there has been a back and forth exchange) and I will answer them all when I return.

***Thank you to Frost! You wrote the second half of this Intro post and I couldn't have done it without you!***

Hehe...you're welcome. :D

Besides, you helped me a lot with Heroes 1.0, so I'm only returning the favor(and it's fun writing posts). :P

And I can't wait to get this started! B))

I know you're all dying to know who I am...well, I could be anyone...I could even be on your team...hehe...but here's a simple little lie-over-sneeze to get us started...

I AN ESXYNHWU MLRXQR IVZRSGXQK

OW, CRBR OC, YNJ DMMRH RWFMXK TBQWY I WLJGP MNLP IC TBIU EFTR, DMM YNJ

Edit: Sorry, couldn't resist ;P

Edited by Yoruichi-san

??? Lol...no...I was the shy smart kid who got picked on and had no friends...also the last picked in kickball b/c I sucked at sports...:(

I'm much more useful in intellectual games ;P

well i was use usually picked first so hopeful i get picked last here

GO UNDECIDEDS

and my role

is

DKA QKXATG

:P not posted :P

??? Lol...no...I was the shy smart kid who got picked on and had no friends...also the last picked in kickball b/c I sucked at sports...:(

so we are kindred spirits! I was the shy artistic kid....

GO UNDECIDEDS

and my role

is

DKA QKXATG

:P not posted :P

dms your role has to be posted.. there are 15 players and 15 roles..

unless you are a role that nobody knows/believes is there..

or is dead already.

edit..

Bbthisis a good game..got my mind pumping!

Edited by crazypainter

GO UNDECIDEDS

Dude, we're not a team, we don't win together. And guys, I know this game involves less discussion then the usual game, but lets try to keep all posts relevant, shall we? It's weird not having days, isn't it?

Oh, and for those of you offering cookies and cake? I'd rather have money. And lots of it. :P Or maybe a penguin... :D

Edited by Frost

Dude, we're not a team, we don't win together. And guys, I know this game involves less discussion then the usual game, but lets try to keep all posts relevant, shall we? It's weird not having days, isn't it?

Oh, and for those of you offering cookies and cake? I'd rather have money. And lots of it. :P Or maybe a penguin... :D

Oh...but you never know when an Angel's a shadow and a shadow is an angel...;P

And I don't need any of those things...all I need is love...(preferably from a certain cutie who has more powers than God...:wub: ) :P

Edited by Yoruichi-san

Way to put yourself down...

as to PM... i will only go to the side with ghost popcorn :P (Where is kat when you need her...)

Alright! I'm glad you all seem to be enjoying yourselves so far... but not much can happen unless you choose to utilize the RIE ;)

Also, I completely forgot to...

THANK YOU UNREALITY for helping me develop (and name ;) ) The RIE. :D That is what will allow this game to work, and I couldn't have drawn it up and tweaked it without you!

Edit: Wow, I just noticed how bad I botched the first line in the intro post :o sorry! :P

Edited by Brandonb