BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

• Answers 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

We may have been beaten in the 3Test Series 2-1 by the Proteas but it doesn't mean it's the end of an era for Australian Cricket. It's probably just a blip. In fact the blip is probably already over with Australia whitewashing South Africa in the Twenty20 Series 2-0. Matthew Hayden may have left but we still have a lot of talent. Hopefully, we can and we should do better in the One-Dayers with RSA and NZ.

We may have been beaten in the 3Test Series 2-1 by the Proteas but it doesn't mean it's the end of an era for Australian Cricket. It's probably just a blip. In fact the blip is probably already over with Australia whitewashing South Africa in the Twenty20 Series 2-0. Matthew Hayden may have left but we still have a lot of talent. Hopefully, we can and we should do better in the One-Dayers with RSA and NZ.

Yeah! I thought Aussies would win the series at the start. But I was wrong. And good-bye Hayden. :( Chennai will especially miss you; he was a fan of the spicy south Indian cuisine. Have a great after-cricket life with your family and cooking Haydos.

Sri Lanka were 6 for 5! And Bangladesh let them win. The closest they have come to win a series and they missed it.

Are you joking? Sri Lanka 5/6 and they won? That's such a ridiculous score. I wouldn't imagine coming back from a score like that and winning! :o

Are you joking? Sri Lanka 5/6 and they won? That's such a ridiculous score. I wouldn't imagine coming back from a score like that and winning! :o

The lowest total in an ODI where a team has lost 5 wickets. They had to get 153 and they reached it with some difficulty. Murali(the great offie whom you call the chucker :P ) smashed 20 runs off the 47th over. Sangakkara batted like there was all time in the world and compiled 59 runs from 134 deliveries. If they had got him earlier, it was game over for Sri Lanka.

At one stage they had made just 6 runs for the loss of 5 wickets after 8 overs. :wacko:

The lowest total in an ODI where a team has lost 5 wickets. They had to get 153 and they reached it with some difficulty. Murali(the great offie whom you call the chucker :P ) smashed 20 runs off the 47th over. Sangakkara batted like there was all time in the world and compiled 59 runs from 134 deliveries. If they had got him earlier, it was game over for Sri Lanka.

At one stage they had made just 6 runs for the loss of 5 wickets after 8 overs. :wacko:

Woah! That must have been a hearty effort from Sangakkara. Murali did his bit too. It was all Bangladesh's Bowling Attack's fault (probab;y even the captain's fault too). Anyway, Congrats to Sangakkara, Chuckie and Sri Lanka for the mighty comeback.

I am from the U.S., and I just played cricket last night...

it was the

darts game cricket! :lol:

I do work with guys from India and Pakistan who play cricket, it's fun to get them riled up about the rivalry.

It's also fun to rile them up by saying darts cricket is "real" cricket, while their (and your) cricket is merely "fake baseball." ;)

jk :P

I am from the U.S., and I just played cricket last night...

it was the

darts game cricket! :lol:

I do work with guys from India and Pakistan who play cricket, it's fun to get them riled up about the rivalry.

It's also fun to rile them up by saying darts cricket is "real" cricket, while their (and your) cricket is merely "fake baseball." ;)

jk :P

Hey! I missed that :mad: and I am pissed. :P

There was talk of US sending a team to the 2003 world cup, but I guess they didn't qualify. But there's an incentive for you guys out there to play cricket. There's talk of China getting revved up to learn and play cricket. China have already proved themselves in the Olympics, which means they can prove themselves in Cricket World Cup too. They have a hired a former Pakistani player as a coach was the last I heard, I am betting that in less than a decade China will be among the cricketing elite. B))

Soon the USA, then China, then Argentina, then Russia, then France, and before you even realize, Cricket will take over Soccer and Track & Field as the most popular Sport on Earth! Muahahahahahahaha :D:lol:

Edited by guest_7314

Soon the USA, then China, then Argentina, then Russia, then France, and before you even realize, Cricket will take over Soccer and Track & Field as the most popular Sport on Earth! Muahahahahahahaha :D:lol:

Argentina failed to qualify for the 2011 world cup qualifiers but Afghanistan and Uganda did.

Looks like a 3 horse race for the top spot in ICC ODI rankings. The Aussies lost out on regaining the top spot from South Africa after losing to NZ. But India have a chance to grab the spot, if it beats Sri Lanka 5-0, which I think is very much possible. GO INDIA!!! :D

It's been a pretty dismal start to the Aussies on Day 1 of the 1st Test, with debutant Phil Hughes out on the 5th ball for a duck, followed by Kato, then Hussey. Ponting and Clarke made a good partership until Ponting couldn't believe his eyes when Ntini brilliantly dismissed him for 83. Clarke was out caught behind for 68. Another debutant, Macus North, made 117 -- a debut to remember. Johnson made a solid 96 not out but could not go on to make a century. Meanwhile, it was another shaky start to the SA innings with Smith out for a duck (his hand might have not fully recovered yet :P ), Amla for 1, then Kallis for 27, leaving SA stumbling at 3/85 at stumps of day 2.

Hey! You should be happy that the Aussies managed to have the upper hand at the end of the day. :P

Of course I'm happy. Why shouldn't I be?! The only thing is that I'm a Truth Teller! :P But when SA played the matches in Australia (esp. in Perth), the Aussies had learnt something new. i.e. The Proteas know how to fight back. (Wonder if the Proteas will use that killer instinct of theirs!)

Edited by guest_7314

Of course I'm happy. Why shouldn't I be?! The only thing is that I'm a Truth Teller! :P But when SA played the matches in Australia (esp. in Perth), the Aussies had learnt something new. i.e. The Proteas know how to fight back. (Wonder if the Proteas will use that killer instinct of theirs!)

That's true! But at least the Aussies dominated on Day 1! ;)

Cowards! That's what those terrorists are. :angry: Attacking the SL players, who are the guests. And this ensures that the poor Pakistani team is going out of cricket, at least for the time being. No more to say, talking about this only angers me further.

Couldnt agree any more. I really don't see the point in the attack other to attract attention. It wasn't as if the cricketer were going to do the country any harm...

Couldnt agree any more. I really don't see the point in the attack other to attract attention. It wasn't as if the cricketer were going to do the country any harm...

Attracting attention is also one of their aims, but what the terrorists have really done is disrupt Pakistani cricket. They want to make India, Pakistan, SL and Bangladesh unsafe places to play cricket. I am sure, they have already succeeded in shifting the 2011 World Cup matches scheduled to be held in Pakistan to possibly India. Pakistan cricket was just recovering and now this..

What's wrong with their brains? Why did they have to attack innocent spectators, players, officers, etc. Sri Lanka didn't do anything wrong. I agree. They only wanted attention, that's all. Those donkeys should find another way to get attention. Another peaceful way.

Back to the 2nd Test between AUS & RSA and it's been like hell for RSA. Mitchell Johnson has bombarded the Proteas. First he broke Graeme Smith's arm again (This time it was his right arm). Then he left Jaques Kallis with a fractured chin. Anyway. Australia making a massive total of 544. Phil Hughes came back from an embarrassing debut to being the youngest person ever to score twin centuries in a test, earning him man of the match. The Proteas lost by 175 runs, leaving their 'Wanna have the No. 1 Test Ranking in the Cricket World' campaign to an end.