BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

• Answers 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Back to the 2nd Test between AUS & RSA and it's been like hell for RSA. Mitchell Johnson has bombarded the Proteas. First he broke Graeme Smith's arm again (This time it was his right arm). Then he left Jaques Kallis with a fractured chin. Anyway. Australia making a massive total of 544. Phil Hughes came back from an embarrassing debut to being the youngest person ever to score twin centuries in a test, earning him man of the match. The Proteas lost by 175 runs, leaving their 'Wanna have the No. 1 Test Ranking in the Cricket World' campaign to an end.

I followed that match for the sake of the rankings. I have a feeling that SA are losing their way a bit here. Congrats to the Aussies for not letting the top spot from slipping from their hands. :D

And any guesses to who the best ODI batting side is at the moment: India, of course. :P There's only one word for describing the Indian victory in New Zealand: Annihilation. In the 4th ODI, the NZ bowlers didn't know where to bowl to Viru. He batted like "Wherever you bowl, it's there to be hit to the fence. Or over the fence." :lol:

In the 4th ODI, the NZ bowlers didn't know where to bowl to Viru. He batted like "Wherever you bowl, it's there to be hit to the fence. Or over the fence." :lol:

...and that little kid of yours :P

I have never played cricket, nor seen it played. I assume it is similar to baseball?

You can say it is similar to baseball, but it is hardly like baseball. The best way to describe it is the relationship between and soccer. I posted a link earlier in this thread. Click on it. It will tell you almost all of the basics of cricket.

Recently I have heard people trying to desecrate cricket by saying that it was named after the insect. The truth is that the insect was named after the game, which was probably a shortened form of the true name of the game, which is most likely "Creckket".

Recently I have heard people trying to desecrate cricket by saying that it was named after the insect. The truth is that the insect was named after the game, which was probably a shortened form of the true name of the game, which is most likely "Creckket".

How dare they do that? Thanks for correcting them guest! :thumbsup:

And hey! Those of you who think cricket is boring, try watching IPL(Indian Premier league) . Test cricket's much more fun, but maybe you will be hooked if you start watching Twenty20 matches first. BTW IPL as a business venture is disgusting. You can watch and enjoy the cricket part though.

EDIT: Added a link. Channels which are broadcasting IPL in different countries are also listed. Starts in 2 days, you cannot afford to miss it. :D

The IPL T20 championship of 2009 has been decided and Gilly's Deccan Chargers have won it. The tournament though in my opinion was not as good as the previous year as it was played in the RSA and it wasn't attracting as much crowds as last year.

The IPL T20 championship of 2009 has been decided and Gilly's Deccan Chargers have won it. The tournament though in my opinion was not as good as the previous year as it was played in the RSA and it wasn't attracting as much crowds as last year.

So true! To tell the truth, I was really bored in the end stages. They should seriously think about reducing the number of matches. And what a start to the T20 world Cup 2009. Netherlands beat England!!!!! :blink: No offense, but I thought England had won it before the match started. But well done Holland. :D

But I don't want an upset in Ind Vs. Ban. Should be a wake-up call for the top teams.

I don't like this one bit. Can the media please stop it's entertainment show till the World Cup ends? Specifically the Indian Media. Dhoni and Viru may have issues based on seniority or whatever. The media have conveyed that to us and that's that.Why are they seeing the entertainment angle in every damn thing? :dry:

Pakistan are the new T20 champions after beating Sri Lanka by 8 wickets. Australia...well they were at the bottom of the table in their group :duh: . So too were India :thumbsup: .

No, no, no! There's a big difference. India finished at the bottom of the table in the Super 8 but Australia finished at the bottom in the First Round. :P But anyways I was disappointed with India's lackluster performance in the Super 8. Blame it on IPL, it was that fatigue which proved to be India's undoing.

India have made amends of sorts by taking an unassailable 2-1 lead in the ongoing ODI series against the Windies. Hope the Aussies do the same in The Ashes, looks doubtful though.

Australia losing the Ashes 2-1...duh.gif . And Punter being the second captain to lose the Ashes twice in England...duh.gif . Anyway, at least were still on top of England in the test rankings thumbsup.gif . And in the ODI rankings, well, we should have been first but thanks to England, we're third. duh.gif

Edited by guest_7314

Australia are the ICC Champions of the world :thumbsup:. Australia also became the first team in history to regain the ICC Champions Trophy when it defeated New Zealand by six wickets in the final. Not only that, but Australia have regained their No.1 spot in the ODI rankings :thumbsup:, although not by a lot (India are a close 2nd by only 4 ratings, then SA 7 ratings away from Australia.) Honestly though, I don't think Australia will hold on to their No.1 ranking for long. Anyway, for now, GO AUSTRALIA!

Congrats Aussies! :thumbsup: Great comeback from Watto; started with a pair of ducks and ended with a pair of unbeaten centuries. I was hanging on to every ball of the Aus. Vs Pak. match, especially the last 15 overs. When Mitch was dismissed I was sooo excited. I thought India were through to the semis. Especially when India had dismissed the Windies cheaply, for 129. But blast Binga and Hauritz! They had to rise to the occasion.:P One win made all the difference. But all credit to Aussies for clinical performances in the Semis and finals.:thumbsup:

The Aussie tour of India is very important, in view of the rankings.