BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

• Answers 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yeah i play cricket quite often ;) . Voted for yes and "other" as i come from Wales (next to england for anybody that doesn't know lol)

Does Wales play international cricket? The sport needs some more clubs, teams and fans.

Thanks Guest, was hoping for someone to post a cricket based topic. I didn't want to post myself though. :P

GO INDIA!! Fresh from a thumping test series win(2-0) for India against no less than the Aussies, I am all worked up. So don't mind all my comments if they sound rude. It's just the passion :P

England's next in line. Seen KP's latest picture of agony? Sorry to say(not on behalf of India :P ), but a second-second-string Indian side skittled out the England team for 98 and thrashed them by 124 runs. No top order batsman could reach the double-figure mark. Say, this isn't a drama, right? Trying to make the Indian team complacent and defeat them. If it's that, it won't work. Dhoni's a different brand of Indian Cricketer. :D

Thanks Guest, was hoping for someone to post a cricket based topic. I didn't want to post myself though. :P

GO INDIA!! Fresh from a thumping test series win(2-0) for India against no less than the Aussies, I am all worked up. So don't mind all my comments if they sound rude. It's just the passion :P

England's next in line. Seen KP's latest picture of agony? Sorry to say(not on behalf of India :P ), but a second-second-string Indian side skittled out the England team for 98 and thrashed them by 124 runs. No top order batsman could reach the double-figure mark. Say, this isn't a drama, right? Trying to make the Indian team complacent and defeat them. If it's that, it won't work. Dhoni's a different brand of Indian Cricketer. :D

You're just so happy India reclaimed the Border-Gavashkar trophy from the world champins of test cricket, Australia. I'm hearing that Gautam Gambir is returning from a one test ban. You guys probably didn't need him. So anyway, as long as Australia have at least one current world championship, all the Aussie cricket fans are satisfied (try harder India :P , the Border-Gavashkar trophy isn't enough :P ).

You're just so happy India reclaimed the Border-Gavaskar trophy from the world champins of test cricket, Australia. I'm hearing that Gautam Gambir is returning from a one test ban. You guys probably didn't need him. So anyway, as long as Australia have at least one current world championship, all the Aussie cricket fans are satisfied (try harder India :P , the Border-Gavaskar trophy isn't enough :P ).

Hey! How about the T20 world championship? Who are the reigning T20 world champions? India, of course. :P And the greatest thing about India winning the Border-Gavaskar trophy this time around was the manner in which they won it. Complete dominance from the 3rd day of the 1st test match. Aussies have lost the aura of Invincibility, thanks to India. :P

P.S. Gautam is not a teeny-weeny bit sorry about the Watson elbowing incident. The Aussies asked for that. Yes he's back for the England ODI series, starting Nov. 14. :D

Hey! How about the T20 world championship? Who are the reigning T20 world champions? India, of course. :P And the greatest thing about India winning the Border-Gavaskar trophy this time around was the manner in which they won it. Complete dominance from the 3rd day of the 1st test match. Aussies have lost the aura of Invincibility, thanks to India. :P

P.S. Gautam is not a teeny-weeny bit sorry about the Watson elbowing incident. The Aussies asked for that. Yes he's back for the England ODI series, starting Nov. 14. :D

What aura of Invincibility? Australia have only been invincible when the 'Invicibles' team was out on the pitch. There will not be any more teams who have The Aura of Invincibility. And the manner which they played? Ausralia has dominated the game at some point of the game. If your little Tendulkar kid wasn't in your team, you'd be last on the ICC rankings. And Gambir? He should be Sorry.

Edited by guest_7314

What aura of Invincibility? Australia have only been invincible when the 'Invicibles' team was out on the pitch. There will not be any more teams who have The Aura of Invincibility. And the manner which they played? Ausralia has dominated the game at some point of the game. If your little Tendulkar kid wasn't in your team, you'd be last on the ICC rankings. And Gambir? He should be Sorry.

OUCH!!! could you be any more blunt!!! (but i do agree)

What aura of Invincibility? Australia have only been invincible when the 'Invicibles' team was out on the pitch. There will not be any more teams who have The Aura of Invincibility.

When was the last time Australia lost a series by the margin of 2 test matches: 1988-89. When was the last time Australia lost a test series: 2005. Now if that's not invincibility, what else is?

And the manner which they played? Ausralia has dominated the game at some point of the game.

Yeah! Right. Australia did dominate on the first 2 days of the series. Any Australian cricket fan would term this test team as unAustralian and that's the reason why they didn't dominate.

If your little Tendulkar kid wasn't in your team, you'd be last on the ICC rankings.

Whoa! Calling Tendulkar a kid? That's a bad idea. You should be glad you are not in India. If you are India, best of luck! Moreover Sachin is 35 years old.

I agree there was a time when the whole team depended on Sachin Tendulkar. But not anymore. In fact, Sachin played just a little part in fashioning the recent test series victory. I think you spoke too soon. What about the thrashing the England team recieved yesterday. India racked up 387/5 in 50 overs and then won the match very, very convincingly by 158 runs. Tendulkar wasn't a part of theis team and this has been the case for the last couple of years.

No! The Indian team will be the top ranked team and that too without Sachin Tendulkar figuring in the scheme of things.

And Gambir? He should be Sorry.

Why the hell should he be sorry? It's time the Aussies stopped sledging. I don't have anything against the Aussie cricketers, in fact I admire many of them. Brett Lee, Matt Hayden among a few of them. But it's high-time they stopped provoking the opposing team. And anyway they are not the supreme power anymore.

EDIT: Typo.

When was the last time Australia lost a series by the margin of 2 test matches: 1988-89. When was the last time Australia lost a test series: 2005. Now if that's not invincibility, what else is?

Did I say Australia is invincible or was invincible? I said they were invincible, during the Ashes Series in the 1950s (not sure about the year, but I think it is around 1950-1960), when the Don was still playing. These days, they are losing few matches.

I too admire the Indians. Sachin Tendulkar, Gautam Gambir, MS Dhoni. They're a very good team playing top form cricket at the moment but Australia have had some down times recently. If you look back few years ago, we were playing excellently too. These days we have some problems. Shane Watson, Brett Lee & Ricky Ponting are some players getting injuries, illnesses, etc. I'm sure Australia can make some comeback but we'll see how the Aussies perform in the matches against New Zealand.

Did I say Australia is invincible or was invincible? I said they were invincible, during the Ashes Series in the 1950s (not sure about the year, but I think it is around 1950-1960), when the Don was still playing. These days, they are losing few matches.

I too admire the Indians. Sachin Tendulkar, Gautam Gambir, MS Dhoni. They're a very good team playing top form cricket at the moment but Australia have had some down times recently. If you look back few years ago, we were playing excellently too. These days we have some problems. Shane Watson, Brett Lee & Ricky Ponting are some players getting injuries, illnesses, etc. I'm sure Australia can make some comeback but we'll see how the Aussies perform in the matches against New Zealand.

Yeah! I know Don Bradman's Invincible team. Read that in one match The Don made a challenge that every ball he faced would only go to that part of the field to which he really wanted to hit. And he did exactly that scoring an unbeaten double century, I think. :o Anyway I was saying the Aussies were almost unbeatable up till the recent retirement of Warnie, McGrath and Gilly. They look pretty vulnerable right now. And I think Haddin's the man, eventhough he had a dismal Test tour of India. "Bad Hands" was his nickname in the Border-Gavaskar trophy. :lol:

Hope Brett Lee's back to his devastating form against NZ. I shouldn't be glad but anyways it was a good thing for the Indians that Lee had food poisoning during the Test series. :P Could have been the difference.

The ICC ranking system needs to be changed. After just 2 resounding wins(Great batting by India. Yuvi in prime form :D ) India has moved to 3rd in the ICC ODI rankings and Yuvi's broken into the top 10. The ranking system looks highly unstable.

Plenty of cricket action today.

Aus Vs. NZ(Test): NZ won the toss and elected to field. Start delayed by 45 min. due to broken roof at the Gabba. Last I saw, Aus. were tottering at 32/3 with Haydos, Kato and Punter back in the pavilion. Tim Southee picked up all 3 wickets. Grant Elliot gets to play ahead of Kyle Mills.

Ind Vs. Eng(ODI): Scheduled to start at Kanpur in roughly 90 min. Please fasten your seat belts for some mind-blowing action. :P

SA Vs. Ban(Test): SA 299/1 in the first innings so far. Smith and Amla hammer unbeaten centuries. Predestined to be an one-sided encounter. :rolleyes:

EDIT:Forgot to add SA Vs. Ban

Plenty of cricket action today.

Aus Vs. NZ(Test): NZ won the toss and elected to field. Start delayed by 45 min. due to broken roof at the Gabba. Last I saw, Aus. were tottering at 32/3 with Haydos, Kato and Punter back in the pavilion. Tim Southee picked up all 3 wickets. Grant Elliot gets to play ahead of Kyle Mills.

It was a pitch which was to the advantage of the bowlers, but despite the low Oz total, Australia bowled NZ all out for 182 and had a 1st innings lead. One player who has improved quite a lot is Daniel Vettori, who has improved in both batting and bowling. After all, it's only the first test!

Edited by guest_7314

It was a pitch which was to the advantage of the bowlers, but despite the low Oz total, Australia bowled NZ all out for 182 and had a 1st innings lead. One player who has improved quite a lot is Daniel Vettori, who has improved in both batting and bowling. After all, it's only the first test!

Till end of day-2 advantage Australia with a lead of 189 runs. Am curious to know what happened on day-3. Going to catch up. But I have to say, NZ middle order batsmen threw it away, especially Ryder. Taylor too got a good start. Solid batting by Kato in the 2nd innings.

Ind Vs. Eng(ODI): Scheduled to start at Kanpur in roughly 90 min. Please fasten your seat belts for some mind-blowing action. :P - India had a controversial win by 16 runs on D/L method.

SA Vs. Ban(Test): SA 299/1 in the first innings so far. Smith and Amla hammer unbeaten centuries. Predestined to be an one-sided encounter. :rolleyes: - Storm comes in the way for SA in completing a massive innings defeat of Bangladesh.

WOW! Those of you who don't watch cricket are missing out on all the excitement. I would go as far as to say that Cricket is the elixir of life(atleast in India). :P

What a Test Match between India and England. Beat ODI's and T20 to pulp. A swashbuckling innings from Viru tilted the balance from England's side to India in just over a hour. England dominated for 3 and-a-half days, but India just reversed the match in the last 24 hrs. The final moments when the Chennai crowd encouraged Yuvi to face dot balls, so that Sachin could complete his Hundred was hilarious. Yet another epic match in Chennai and India proving to be unstoppable. England wondering what went wrong when all they did was right, except for one session on the fourth day, in which instead of accelerating they decelarated.

You have to watch cricket to experience life. :P

Having said all this, it would be inhuman on my part if I, like already millions around India have done, do not thank the English Cricket team. We Indians thank the ECB and KP led English cricket team for having accepted to play under conditions not conducive for cricket. Only 10 days after the Mumbai terror attack, playing cricket with such intensity in India, will definitely go down in history as one of the rare unforgettable moments. This is one of the many examples that Global Unity will ultimately prevail over terrorism transcending all boundaries.

EDIT: Just now noticed it. A good omen for world peace. This is my 2000th post. Let there be no unnecessary bloodshed. Anyways Cricket is already acting as a bridge for world peace. :D

Congrats on 2K. Btw, what are your tips on the test matches between Australia and South Africa?

Thanks. :D Frankly, I have not been following up on the build-up to the series. But it sure will be tough for Australia, but I will put my money on Australia. Eventhough they lost to India and won against NZ(I didn't think it was very convincing, eventhough they won the 2 tests comfortably), SA will definitely have a tough time. Peter Siddle is playing in place of Clark, right? He hasn't played much international cricket, but he could be the surprise weapon for the aussies. And Lee has stuck form sgain, so Aussies are my favorites to win this series.

It's hunting season.

The Proteas are in OZ and this time they've brought their big guns. It won't be roos they are hunting. Their in form clubbers McKenzie, De Villiers, Prince and smarmy captain Graeme Smith will attempt to take down our very own hair gel laden beasts Brett Lee and Mitch 'Zoolander' Johnson on the vicious WACA pitch this week. So sit back and enjoy the action for it will be an entertaining series of thrilling and exciting (if not boring! :P ) cricket.

It's hunting season.

The Proteas are in OZ and this time they've brought their big guns. It won't be roos they are hunting. Their in form clubbers McKenzie, De Villiers, Prince and smarmy captain Graeme Smith will attempt to take down our very own hair gel laden beasts Brett Lee and Mitch 'Zoolander' Johnson on the vicious WACA pitch this week. So sit back and enjoy the action for it will be an entertaining series of thrilling and exciting (if not boring! :P ) cricket.

Well I seriously hope SA don't win the series. For India's sake. :P Otherwise SA will again creep up to 2nd spot ahead of India. BTW the 2nd test between Ind and Eng starts tomorrow. Mohali, a batsman's paradise and India have a wonderful record there. If India win this test(which undoubtedly India will :P ) India will move to 2nd spot, creeping past SA. :D

Australia are one down in the series against the Proteas but that doesn't mean we'll give up. The boxing day test match is going in favour of the Aussies thanks to some unlikely heroes, i.e. Peter Siddle and Nathan Hauritz. So, anyway, let's just enjoy some high quality cricket between 1st and 3rd in test cricket.

P.S.: btw, has anyone heard of the 1st day/night test match to be played? Yes, it is most likely to be played during the next Southern summer between Australia and Pakistan at the Adelaide oval. The match has been approved by CA. Now all they have to do is to develop a ball suitable for the test conditions. Click here for more info:

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24847511-2,00.html

Australia are one down in the series against the Proteas but that doesn't mean we'll give up. The boxing day test match is going in favour of the Aussies thanks to some unlikely heroes, i.e. Peter Siddle and Nathan Hauritz. So, anyway, let's just enjoy some high quality cricket between 1st and 3rd in test cricket.

P.S.: btw, has anyone heard of the 1st day/night test match to be played? Yes, it is most likely to be played during the next Southern summer between Australia and Pakistan at the Adelaide oval. The match has been approved by CA. Now all they have to do is to develop a ball suitable for the test conditions. Click here for more info:

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24847511-2,00.html

Well, the boxing day test turned out to be the start of a new disaster for the Aussies. JP Duminy and Dale Steyn, made the SA tail wag and then Steyn picked up 10 wickets in the match to topple the Aussies.

I hope SA don't pull off another miracle tomorrow and make 314 runs on the final day. Smith isn't there but still Ricky will be pondering over his decision to declare early.A 3-0 win will put SA on top in the rankings and for the first time in over a century, the Aussies will have have been white-washed in a series.

The day-night tests must definitely be introduced to save Test Cricket. Spectators for a test match are dwindling down, especially in India, which is not a good sign for Cricket. Eagerly awaiting the first such match. :D