BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

George who?

bonanova

Question

The detective arrived on the scene and discovered the following:

George was dead.

He was found face down in the street, squashed nearly flat.

He must have been there some time as he was cool to the touch.

In addition, when he was found, there was a bird perched on the back of his head.

What was George's last name?

George was dead.

In addition, when he was found, there was a bird perched on the back of his head.

Washington! I get it now....being a Limey it took me a little time to work it out!

You know, the real fundamental flaw in this riddle is, why would a detective need to show up because there's a buck, a quarter, or a buck and a quarter laying in the street?

Ummmm.... maybe I'm just a morbid person, but the first thing that came to my mind while reading the puzzle was that Jetson fell out of his hover-car... O.o

Also, to the 8/12 guy, you need to be take things MUCH less literal on this kind of site.

FOR EXAMPLE, you might wanna look at this riddle:

http://brainden.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=259

It'll give your mind a good stretching ; )

Everytime I look at the questions on this site they are so fundamently flawed I have remember that I don't have to look at this site.

I try to look at what the questions pose, and present from every angle of perception I can try to think of. I realize that not everyone is coming from what I believe reality to be.

So given that my problem wisth this question is this.

George was dead.( depending on how you pronunciate this statement, does it mean he is alive now or is it just a fact. I'll not make a big deal about this cause I get it when I put myself in someone elses mind.) The guy is dead he was found face down squashed in the sreet. ( This implies that the actual being george was found with his body squished (meaning crushed, deformed physically altered by force)..The statement in the riddle does not say a picture, Likeness, drawing something other than such.

He must have been there some time he was cool to the touch. ( No problems with that.)

In addition he was found with a bird perched on the back of his head. ( Even If you can argue that it was a dollar bill or a quarter, #1 there is no bird perched in either. the depictions of both the are free floating with arrows and branches clutched in its grasp, Lastly the picture of the eagle is not on the back side of georges head it is on the reverse side of the bill.)

TO ANSWER THE QUESTION CORRECTLY: If you make the statement that George was dead and you want to know his Last name, It was George. That was his last name he had before he died.

YOU GUYS NEED tO START CALLING EACHOTHER OUT ON FLAWED AND ASSUMED FACTS I DON'T KNOW WHY NO ONE ELSE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THIS QUESTION.

think you are in the wrong place for this attitude...and a lesson in netiquitte and spelling would do you good, also some anger management I reckon...chill, its not that serious :wacko:

I really feel sorry for you 8dividedby12 . That's why I say don't go around messing with the braindenizens . :D You posted this eons ago , and sorry to see you have not been forgiven yet . Actually this post was posted the day I joined the den . That's the second reason , why I feel sorry for you .

OK , braindenizens . Let's give 2/3 a break . :)

George was dead.

Washinton: it was a quarter

post-16425-1239986235.jpeg