BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

George who?

bonanova

Question

The detective arrived on the scene and discovered the following:

George was dead.

He was found face down in the street, squashed nearly flat.

He must have been there some time as he was cool to the touch.

In addition, when he was found, there was a bird perched on the back of his head.

What was George's last name?

just trying to understand the answer:

George was dead.

In addition, when he was found, there was a bird perched on the back of his head.

1. yes he's dead

2. squashed... into a painting?

3. been dead 200 yrs

4. the american eagle... OH! The 1 dollar bill! In the street! Yeah!

just trying to understand the answer:

George was dead.

1. yes he's dead

2. squashed... into a painting?

3. been dead 200 yrs

4. the american eagle... OH! The 1 dollar bill! In the street! Yeah!

A quarter fits more than a dollar bill does. Cool to the touch. Nearly flat, as his profile is raised a bit. And the eagle is more of the main figure on the back of a quarter.

Everytime I look at the questions on this site they are so fundamently flawed I have remember that I don't have to look at this site.

I try to look at what the questions pose, and present from every angle of perception I can try to think of. I realize that not everyone is coming from what I believe reality to be.

So given that my problem wisth this question is this.

George was dead.( depending on how you pronunciate this statement, does it mean he is alive now or is it just a fact. I'll not make a big deal about this cause I get it when I put myself in someone elses mind.) The guy is dead he was found face down squashed in the sreet. ( This implies that the actual being george was found with his body squished (meaning crushed, deformed physically altered by force)..The statement in the riddle does not say a picture, Likeness, drawing something other than such.

He must have been there some time he was cool to the touch. ( No problems with that.)

In addition he was found with a bird perched on the back of his head. ( Even If you can argue that it was a dollar bill or a quarter, #1 there is no bird perched in either. the depictions of both the are free floating with arrows and branches clutched in its grasp, Lastly the picture of the eagle is not on the back side of georges head it is on the reverse side of the bill.)

TO ANSWER THE QUESTION CORRECTLY: If you make the statement that George was dead and you want to know his Last name, It was George. That was his last name he had before he died.

YOU GUYS NEED tO START CALLING EACHOTHER OUT ON FLAWED AND ASSUMED FACTS I DON'T KNOW WHY NO ONE ELSE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THIS QUESTION.

YOU GUYS NEED tO START CALLING EACHOTHER OUT ON FLAWED AND ASSUMED FACTS I DON'T KNOW WHY NO ONE ELSE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THIS QUESTION.

Hi, two-thirds. Thanks for the opinion.

Since you didn't find this puzzle to your liking, let me recommend this one.

It's not solved yet, so you can be the first to show us how it's done.

See if you can post the Solution by Monday.

Thanks.

- bn

HAHAHAHAHA

You're right, the answer is really "What"

It say so in the question

"what" was "George" last name?

Get it

I too first thought it was Washington

These are great!!!

Everytime I look at the questions on this site they are so fundamently flawed I have remember that I don't have to look at this site.

I try to look at what the questions pose, and present from every angle of perception I can try to think of. I realize that not everyone is coming from what I believe reality to be.

George was dead.( depending on how you pronunciate this statement, does it mean he is alive now or is it just a fact. I'll not make a big deal about this cause I get it when I put myself in someone elses mind.) The guy is dead he was found face down squashed in the sreet. ( This implies that the actual being george was found with his body squished (meaning crushed, deformed physically altered by force)..The statement in the riddle does not say a picture, Likeness, drawing something other than such.

He must have been there some time he was cool to the touch. ( No problems with that.)

In addition he was found with a bird perched on the back of his head. ( Even If you can argue that it was a dollar bill or a quarter, #1 there is no bird perched in either. the depictions of both the are free floating with arrows and branches clutched in its grasp, Lastly the picture of the eagle is not on the back side of georges head it is on the reverse side of the bill.)

TO ANSWER THE QUESTION CORRECTLY: If you make the statement that George was dead and you want to know his Last name, It was George. That was his last name he had before he died.

Wow buddy, you must have had a bad year or something... Clearly you're not familiar with the literary devices commonly used in almost all riddles. Just go with it. If the question was 'A dollar bill was laying face down in the street. What's the last name of the President on the front of it?' It wouldn't be much fun would it?

Wow buddy, you must have had a bad year or something... Clearly you're not familiar with the literary devices commonly used in almost all riddles. Just go with it. If the question was 'A dollar bill was laying face down in the street. What's the last name of the President on the front of it?' It wouldn't be much fun would it?

I`m not too familiar with dollars, only euros and black money, if the dollar bill was lying face down how could you tell who it was from the back of his head?

I`m not too familiar with dollars, only euros and black money, if the dollar bill was lying face down how could you tell who it was from the back of his head?

Well, you wouldn't see the back of his head, because that's not what's printed on the back of money. But it's common knowledge amongst those who use American dollars, that George Washington's picture is printed on the front of every $1 bill.

Well, you wouldn't see the back of his head, because that's not what's printed on the back of money. But it's common knowledge amongst those who use American dollars, that George Washington's picture is printed on the front of every $1 bill.

Thanks, what`s the eagle called? :lol:

What was a detective doing there - it's that forged $10 bill is'nt it!

Finally some one called the authorities!

Hang on a minute, he arrived before the event occured - or did he?

i had no idea as i am not american i'm only familiar with the pound and euro, and after 6 years of not living in the uk, i am hardly familiar with the pound anymore either!

Well actually the correct answer is simply posted in the question. And it even follows the clue. His name is George What.

what is incorrect, because at the end of the sentance there is a question mark, so it is not a statement saying that what is the name, but a question asking what? it is

George was dead.

What was George's last name?

I think there is another valid answer to this.

Perhaps George was "Road Kill"

Road kill commonly is seen with a bird pearched on it.

If George was just another name given to his really being Road Kill,

then his last name was "Kill"

I will start by calling you out. You spelled "with" wrong. ( wisth) Here is my first brain teaser on the site....I cry when people do not walk me through brain teasers. Who am I?

ok here is my take

The detective arrived on the scene and discovered the following: (if this is for real, it can't be a coin that he is investigating)

George was dead. (either this is George Washington, who we all know is dead or someone else (remember the detective)

He was found face down in the street, squashed nearly flat. (squashed nearly flat tells me its not the coin I thought it was cause coins are molded not squashed. This dude was squashed)

He must have been there some time as he was cool to the touch. (coins are cold but remember the detective, and the squashed part)

In addition, when he was found, there was a bird perched on the back of his head. (ok, now I know its not a coin and therefore not GW because the bird (eagle) is on the back of the coin, not perched on his head)

What was George's last name? It must be George Stephanopolis. Its the only other famous George I can think of that might have an eagle on his head. I haven't seen him in a while, has he been squashed.

Oh wait, How bout... George of the Jungle, or Curious George, or Boy George.

Perhaps its a turkey vulture and not an eagle and its just George Smith.