BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

1. I tell people not to be violent but more have died in my name than for any other, there is only one of me but some believe I have a son, some do not think I exist, what am I

2. I can do billions of calculations a second, but cannot think. The world depends on me, but I did not exist 100 years ago. I get faster and faster, but stay perfectly still, what am I

3. I am two thirds explosive, and one third fuel, but put me on a fire and I will extinguish it. I disappear into thin air but always return. I am the only thing known to man to expand as a get colder, and hotter, what am I

Edited by divinityman

9 answers to this question

1. I tell people not to be violent but more have died in my name than for any other, there is only one of me but some believe I have a son, some do not think I exist, what am I

2. I can do billions of calculations a second, but cannot think. The world depends on me, but I did not exist 100 years ago. I get faster and faster, but stay perfectly still, what am I

3. I am two thirds explosive, and one third fuel, but put me on a fire and I will extinguish it. I disappear into thin air but always return. I am the only thing known to man to expand as a get colder, and hotter, what am I

please dont put the answers in your teaser, even in spoiler form...

I thought it was just a clue or comment

very easy, although the third had me for a bit if not for that last line...

1: God, painfully easy, had it from the first hint.

2: computers, again first hint, the rest just makes it hammer over the head easy.

3: water, also known as H20, hydrogen is explosive, oxygen is one of the 3 essential components to fire, therefore it is two parts explosive, one part fuel and yet it puts out fire

water evaporates and condenses

all things expand when warmed and ice has the strange property of being expanded because of it's jagged crystal structure (but i seriously doubt it is the only substance on earth with such a property).

I recommend only using the first line of the first one,

rewriting the second to something along the lines of:

I can think faster than any, yet cannot at all. I control life and yet I am it's child. I shrink while I grow.

and maybe scrapping the third line of the third or perhaps rewritting it.