BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

andromeda

Question

24 hours earlier...

It was a chill Tuesday morning on the paintball field recently opened by Redrum Extreme Enterprises. Young scientists from the Natural Science Institute (Department of Genetics) had already begun the second hour of their three hour long team building exercise.

The field consisted of natural terrain (a dense growth of trees, plants, and underbrush covering a large area) and a 5 storey high skeleton of an unfinished building.

Andromeda was standing on the top of the building, near the edge looking at the forest through her binoculars. She was in contact with Woon, who was situated in the control room. Woon used to be a homicide detective, but he resigned to start his own security agency with Andromeda as his assistant.

“Talk to me And... what do you see?” Woon asked patiently.

“I was wondering... was it really necessary for the wooded part of the field to be four times bigger than Monaco, besides I can’t see anything from the leaves. We shouldn’t have let them go out there alone”, she sounded worried. “Is everything OK from where you’re watching?” Andromeda asked, pressing her earpiece.

“Um... one of the cameras on the ground level inside the building is repeatedly going on and off”.

“Well... nobody was supposed to be there, but I’ll go check anyway”, said Andromeda and hurried down the stairs.

On the inside, the building was recently decorated with graffiti and still wasn’t opened for paintball.

As she reached ground level, Andromeda slowed down her pace and started carefully approaching the section where the faulty camera was. As she turned around the corner she noticed it right away. David Preston, one of the participants, was laying on the ground, about 6 feet from the wall, face up, still holding his paintball gun. Andromeda hurried, hoping that she’ll be able to help him, but even from distance it looked like nothing can be done.

“Woon, call the security to round the 7 remaining participants up and come quick”, shouted Andromeda.

“Seven?!” Woon was startled.

“Yes Woon... there’s been a murder”, sadly replied Andromeda.

Next to the victim’s body was a huge puddle of blood with the murder weapon in it. His left hand was in his pocked and his right hand was still holding the paintball gun, as mentioned.

As Woon approached, his attention was immediately captured by the alphabet graffiti on the wall near the body.

post-10350-1225327563.gif

“Look And... What do you make of this?” asked Woon alternately looking down on the ground and at the wall.

“Do you think that he was trying to tell us something?” Andromeda hesitated.

“I know he was trying to tell us something”, said Woon absolutely convinced. “But I still can’t figure out what”.

“Oh look... There’s something on Jim too”, Andromeda noticed.

“Jim?” Woon sounded confused.

“Yeah... Jim Morrison”, said Andromeda pointing at the graffiti of the legendary cultural icon.

post-10350-1225327614.jpg

Woon walked towards the graffiti with a vivid interest. He’s mind was racing but he couldn’t figure out this one either.

Suddenly Woon started rummaging through his pockets. “Pfff... I forgot the list with the names”.

Without Woon telling her to do so, Andromeda rushed to the control room to bring the list, while Woon was still standing in front of the graffiti not knowing how to solve the mind boggling question - What was David trying to tell him?!

When Andromeda came back with the list, she found Woon leaned over the victim’s body.

“You checked his left pocket?” Andromeda was curious.

“I didn’t have to, I know what’s in it”, replied Woon as he was approaching Andromeda to take a look at the list. “Thanks And, I can always count on your swift return”, Woon couldn’t help but smile.

“Hey... I’m the muscle, your the brain”, said Andromeda handing over the list.

She noticed an instant spark in his eyes when he unfolded the paper.

“Well of course...” murmured Woon while looking at the list with the names on it.

BLUE TEAM:

1. Bryan Masseter

2. David Preston

3. Grace Trammel

4. Zahra Nehru

RED TEAM:

1. Charlotte Chang

2. James Rafanelli

3. Simon Brass

4. Valery Coleman

Woon then went to the alphabet graffiti. Andromeda, standing next to him, started thinking out loud. “You know what’s funny... I read in the newspaper that paintball is safer than bowl...”

“That’s it... Hurrah! Andromeda, call the police! Oh... the poor guy didn’t stand a chance!” shouted out Woon in one breath interrupting her thought.

“Wha... ah... “, Andromeda was confused. “OK I’ll just stay here... with the body...” she added needlessly, since Woon was already out of her sight and couldn’t hear her anymore.

Andromeda called the police and then took another long look at both of the graffiti and remained puzzled. She just couldn’t figure out what was Woon so excited about.

Can you?

Edited by andromeda

• Answers 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

so, Jim Morrison has nothing to do with it. And neither does the color blue. The three letters that were shot were c,g and t (b was not shot). And all this has something to do with genetics.

:blink:

Thinking, thinking, thinking. :huh:

:lol:

Maybe there are anagrams at work.

:huh: possibly cheek, face, anything??? :o or maybe the dead guy simply missed pathetically and shot the wrong face! :P

By the way, I am loving this puzzle! I might just Die of anticipation! Great puzzle so far! can't wait to know the solution! :wacko:

Edited by Faizaan

well, if it could be anyone then it must matter where he got hit

BINGO! I didn't skip you this time ;)

Thinking, thinking, thinking. :huh:

:lol:

Maybe there are anagrams at work.

:huh: possibly cheek, face, anything??? :o or maybe the dead guy simply missed pathetically and shot the wrong face! :P

By the way, I am loving this puzzle! I might just Die of anticipation! Great puzzle so far! can't wait to know the solution! :wacko:

so, Jim Morrison has nothing to do with it. And neither does the color blue. The three letters that were shot were c,g and t (b was not shot). And all this has something to do with genetics.
:blink:

I'm glad you loving this puzzle and it's really easy to solve it

No anagrams, no counting, no numbers...

;)

Think, think, think... :)

Maybe David was one of those people who's blood doesn't clot (hemophilia?). He was shot in the face/cheek and it cut him. He subsequently died cause he bled to death. The team was working on a formula to fix this condition? The hemophilia, I think, makes sense as to the massive pool of blood

Maybe David was one of those people who's blood doesn't clot (hemophilia?). He was shot in the face/cheek and it cut him. He subsequently died cause he bled to death. The team was working on a formula to fix this condition? The hemophilia, I think, makes sense as to the massive pool of blood

Wow I never thought of that...

It's much more sinister than that...

nice i think your on to something,

he had stuff in his pocket to stop the clotting

Come on Woon, just tell us already!

So we have established so far that the letters shot were CCGT. So that means Chang and Grace were the killers. I still have no clue about the Jim Morrison thing. Is there any significance that paintball is safer than bowling. Maybe the statistics have some significance? Cause that's what Woon said just before he figured it out.

EDIT: I just realised the JM graffiti has the words icon on the bottom. That must be of some significance

Edited by runder_1111

So we have established so far that the letters shot were CCGT. So that means Chang and Grace were the killers. I still have no clue about the Jim Morrison thing. Is there any significance that paintball is safer than bowling. Maybe the statistics have some significance?

EDIT: I just realised the JM graffiti has the words icon on the bottom. That must be of some significance

The idea in your spoiler edit is probably incorrect. :) cuz remember that Jim was just picked out of a like for him. however, you could be right. ;)

Edited by Faizaan

So we have established so far that the letters shot were CCGT. So that means Chang and Grace were the killers. I still have no clue about the Jim Morrison thing. Is there any significance that paintball is safer than bowling. Maybe the statistics have some significance? Cause that's what Woon said just before he figured it out.

Actually Faizaan already posted and I said it was correct

GTC - in that exact order!!!

And you missed one of the hint's when I said to use your brains and... ;)

His fingers were cut off? That is pretty sinister.....and I can only assume his brain was pulled out through his nose (like the mummies) and hence where JM was shot (in the sinus)? Even though the sinus is a bit higher up I think.

The shot on JM is maybe referring to his back teeth/tooth?

The shot on JM is maybe referring to his back teeth/tooth?

His fingers were cut off? That is pretty sinister.....and I can only assume his brain was pulled out through his nose (like the mummies) and hence where JM was shot (in the sinus)? Even though the sinus is a bit higher up I think.

:P
TEN FINGAS!! i still have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say.
Its probably just me...

I meant use

YOUR ten fingers

;););)

There's not much thinking involved just some rummaging!!!