BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Jumper Mafia

unreality

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

idk i only get to check one guy a night

So again I ask "DMS, can you see all the night actions for everyone? Or just the actions of the person that you choose?" This is really important. B/c if Marth is who he is claiming to be, then... I really have no idea what will happen if we lynch him :P but I don't want to lose another jumper.

So again I ask "DMS, can you see all the night actions for everyone? Or just the actions of the person that you choose?" This is really important. B/c if Marth is who he is claiming to be, then... I really have no idea what will happen if we lynch him :P but I don't want to lose another jumper.

i can only see who visited the person i choose and i happened to choose mekal

check out the order and timing of these 3 posts. Sounds to me like PM realized he was going down, contacted PG and Kat and said it was OK to vote for him in an effort to clear their names. PG and Kat are also Paladins. Too easy and convenient vote-switching there girls... :P

Edit: too bad your bandwagon on me didn't fill up :rolleyes:

That's a lame claim. I am for FROST. I do what FROST does. If FROST thinks someone is innocent, then I believe him. If FROST thinks someone is bad, then I trust him. (Did you notice the emphasis on FROST??) I can't say it much more clearly without just blurting out my role. But Itachi, these kinds of conclusions are exactly why I find it hard to fully trust you. Maybe you should go back and read my first post following the night action.

...I'll go hunt for it and post it here in a second.

Edit: Okay, here it is:

Excellent timing on the part of the Messenger! So, Frost, were you able to spy on the Geneticist? Do you know who they are?
Edited by puzzlegirl

That's a lame claim. I am for FROST. I do what FROST does. If FROST thinks someone is innocent, then I believe him. If FROST thinks someone is bad, then I trust him. (Did you notice the emphasis on FROST??) I can't say it much more clearly without just blurting out my role. But Itachi, these kinds of conclusions are exactly why I find it hard to fully trust you. Maybe you should go back and read my first post following the night action.

ok that sound reasonable. i'll believe it.

So, dms, you say you can check who visited who. So who's to say that the Paladins are the only person that visited Mekal last night. Yes I targeted Mekal but not for a kill but for my role ability. So the action you saw me take against Mekal was to check on him not kill him. I can safely say that the Rogue is now dead. If you can't decipher who I am from this post then you're not a very good teammate now are you. :P

No offense, but that's...kinda creepy. :P

Well, I appreciate the enthusiasm, but I'm curious as to why you trust me so much. I sure don't know that much about what's going on, anyway.

All of this is very odd PG, and Frost thinks it's "creepy"....so.... you're not exactly winning me over :P

So, dms, you say you can check who visited who. So who's to say that the Paladins are the only person that visited Mekal last night. Yes I targeted Mekal but not for a kill but for my role ability. So the action you saw me take against Mekal was to check on him not kill him. I can safely say that the Rogue is now dead. If you can't decipher who I am from this post then you're not a very good teammate now are you. :P

So you're saying you're a Paladin who knows who he kills? Therefore Mekal was the Rogue? I read ya loud and clear ;)

...dms clearly stated only 1 person visited Mekal and Mekal died. You're saying you visited him. So I put 2 and 2 together and see your future of being Lynched :ph34r:

-no Sharingan necessary!

1) Reaymond - voting for Itachi

2) Kathleen - voting for Prince_Marth85

3) star_tiger

4) Frost - voting for Prince_Marth85

5) Brandonb - voting for Prince_Marth85

6) Dawh - voting for Itachi

7) Joe's Student - voting for Prince_Marth85

8) Foolonthehill - voting for crazypainter

9) Puzzlegirl - voting for Itachi

10) Itachi-san - voting for Prince_Marth85

11) Frozen_in_fire - voting for Itachi

12) crazypainter - voting for Prince_Marth85

13) Mekal - DEAD [?] Killed by the Paladins

14) dms172 - voting for Prince_Marth85

15) Prince_Marth85

16) woon - voting for Prince_Marth85

17) taliesin - DEAD [Paramedic] Lynched

FIF's vote has been missed out.

Also add in my vote. I have read through all the posts and for the moment, I will vote you PM for the moment, like what I-san said.

I kind of like the fact that I miss your discussions overnight, but am annoyed that noone can then respond to mine for about 12 hours! Here are my view and favourite quotes from the last few hours I have been catching up on. (They are based on the assumption that Mekal was probably an innocent - he (presumably) obviously wasn't a paladin)

Well, I have a little bit more information today(at least more than yesterday)

Could you have more than just what was given on the forum? I think so.

I also have more knowledge, picked up from Itachi's posts. My suspicions on you (edit: I mean Itachi) have been placated, I think (for now!) ;)

plz everyone don't kill me for saying this, but you must trust me on this. we need to kill Prince

Why would you ever start off an implication that someone is a paladin in that way?

I cant help but feel like the prince marth thing is a set up. dms rolled over too easy and gave up info before there really was a need.

While I am still suspicious of you, you make a good point (but then immediately voted for PM!!)

it seems very much like the sort of voting required by the old QAs in former Mafia games on this forum

My thoughts exactly. While I am suspicious of Kat, it could easily be part of a last ditch attempt to survive.

I made a "discovery" about his vagabond role

OK. So we know it wasn't a manipulated action as he's admitted targeting Mekal. So, I go back to my previous post and reassert that I think one, and only one, is a paladin. Both visited Mekal so either could have killed him and the other watched. Could the Paladin have an ability which knew they were ID'd so dms came out with PM's 'paladin' role? I guess there's an easy answer to this - we lynch one today and it's either a paladin or not. Tonight or tomorrow the other one is likely to be killed, either by the paladin for outing their teammate or by us for making us lynch an innocent. We trade one innocent for one baddie. Bye dms. Bye PM. The important thing is that the Warrior needs to start hitting the right targets for us to win.

Sounds to me like PM realized he was going down, contacted PG and Kat and said it was OK to vote for him in an effort to clear their names

As I now believe you a bit more, I think this is quite a pertinent observation.

This is just plain weird (especially in light of Frost's response). Trying to send a message to someone?

3) star_tiger

8) foolonthehill - voting for Prince_Marth85

9) Puzzlegirl - voting for Prince_Marth85

15) Prince_Marth85

(Having looked back at everyone's voting patterns, it looks like PG's change of vote in #293 got lost in Kat's simultaneous post, so have put it back in. Apologies if I'm wrong PG :D)

I think I have made it clear that I believe either dms or PM should die today. I have little worry as to which, though I am actually erring towards dms (just to avoid the risk of him having a QA-type role), but as the vote is going for PM, I have to follow the herd - if anyone else would like to push the balance the other way towards dms, I'll probably go with you (depending on what I think of you! :P)

Edited by foolonthehill

Something I noticed in the night post:

perhaps the Cardinal reducing his Escape Chance by 5% had something to do with it, or perhaps not

against dms'

so now in my night post i found out that prince was the only one who targeted mekal last night, so i'm pretty sure that means prince did it

actually the way unreality said it. a paladin is randomly selected and he attacks

So the night post says he was targeted twice, once by the Cardinal who reduced his Escape Chance and once by his killer. Now, unless his killer also happened to be the Cardinal (perfectly possible, I know) then dms would have been given two names, surely? Something is definitely fishy in dms' accusations. So I say again: you will both end up dying. But, fortunately, we definitely have a paladin dead in one of you. The other dies for the greater good! :D Let's just hope dms is telling the truth in explaining why he is doing this...

against dms'

So the night post says he was targeted twice, once by the Cardinal who reduced his Escape Chance and once by his killer. Now, unless his killer also happened to be the Cardinal (perfectly possible, I know) then dms would have been given two names, surely? Something is definitely fishy in dms' accusations. So I say again: you will both end up dying. But, fortunately, we definitely have a paladin dead in one of you. The other dies for the greater good! :D Let's just hope dms is telling the truth in explaining why he is doing this...

i've told you everthing i know, so unless there's a catch that unreality hasn't told me or he just messed up

against dms'

i've told you everthing i know, so unless there's a catch that unreality hasn't told me or he just messed up

""OK. So we know it wasn't a manipulated action as he's admitted targeting Mekal. So, I go back to my previous post and reassert that I think one, and only one, is a paladin. Both visited Mekal so either could have killed him and the other watched. Could the Paladin have an ability which knew they were ID'd so dms came out with PM's 'paladin' role? I guess there's an easy answer to this - we lynch one today and it's either a paladin or not. Tonight or tomorrow the other one is likely to be killed, either by the paladin for outing their teammate or by us for making us lynch an innocent. We trade one innocent for one baddie. Bye dms. Bye PM. The important thing is that the Warrior needs to start hitting the right targets for us to win.""

I agree with you, good observations Fool.

Another thing I would like to bring up...

A while back Reaymond said that Itachi was innocent. And not a threat. Now he votes for him.

My radar is up on that one. How would you/he know?

So I keep my vote the same..

3) star_tiger

15) Prince_Marth85

Well, I appreciate the enthusiasm, but I'm curious as to why you trust me so much. I sure don't know that much about what's going on, anyway.

I know that you have not been given my identity (unfortunately), but I have yours. I don't however know your complete role description. I had assumed that you knew what you were talking about when you said you had more info on Itachi, so I followed your vote. When you said you weren't sure afterall and changed your vote to Marth instead, I once again followed your lead. Perhaps the timing of my posts looks bad due to when others decided to post, but my decision to change my vote was due to my confidence in Frost. If you're saying that you don't have role identification then perhaps I was wrong in my assumptions about your characters abilities...however I am NOT wrong about your character and I plan to stick by your side. ;)

Edit: clarification...and more

Edited by puzzlegirl

Gosh, I slept for 8 hours, and ended up having to read another 10 pages, with all the votes getting jumbled up <_<

After many read-throughs (which took a hell out of a long time), these are my suspects: PM, dms, and Itachi. As Fool said, out of PM and dms, one is a Paladin and one's not. Since no one has voted for dms, there really is no point for me voting for him, and as for Itachi, I don't have any solid evidence of him being "evil", but just have a hunch. So, I've decided to vote for PM.

Either dms or PM is telling the truth while the other isn't, so I'm just hoping dms is the one telling the truth.

3) star_tiger - voting for Prince_Marth85

15) Prince_Marth85

A while back Reaymond said that Itachi was innocent. And not a threat. Now he votes for him.

Back then, I didn't have any evidence to prove anything against Itachi, and he had not done anything ot make me suspicious of him - other than playing automatically creating an air suspicion around anyone. Whereas now, Itachi has had a chance to defend himself and as i said before "Anyone who votes for me is suspicious" is not really a very good defence against a lynching. Also, I voted quite early just to get a vote down as I was tied up at school until now, and Itachi was most suspicious at that time after I had just read his comment. Still, It doesn't look like anything is going to change for this lynching.

I know that you have not been given my identity (unfortunately), but I have yours. I don't however know your complete role description. I had assumed that you knew what you were talking about when you said you had more info on Itachi, so I followed your vote. When you said you weren't sure afterall and changed your vote to Marth instead, I once again followed your lead. Perhaps the timing of my posts looks bad due to when others decided to post, but my decision to change my vote was due to my confidence in Frost. If you're saying that you don't have role identification then perhaps I was wrong in my assumptions about your characters abilities...however I am NOT wrong about your character and I plan to stick by your side. ;)

Edit: clarification...and more

This makes sense. Paladins sticking by Paladins.

Reaymond is also Paladin. And Kat, as I said before.

This makes sense. Paladins sticking by Paladins.

Reaymond is also Paladin. And Kat, as I said before.

That's ridiculous, the night post clearly shows that Frost is a Jumper...and that I am too. You could be right about Reaymond though.

3) star_tiger - voting for Prince_Marth85

6) Dawh - voting for Prince_Marth85

15) Prince_Marth85

So I've been thinking things over and my main concern was that DMS was the Rogue trying to get a certain role eliminated as part of his objective (I wouldn't be surprised if the Rogue needed to kill the Unknown and the Head Paladin to win,) but then Prince Marth assured us that the Rogue was dead and that removes my main concern for targeting him. I don't think that the Federal Agent will be trying to get people killed as part of his/her objective (though I could be wrong on that part; he/she seems interested in the Shadow, but I'm not sure that he/she would want the Shadow killed. :unsure: ) In this light, I'm more inclined to trust DMS on this one, and in any case, as foolonthehill pointed out, the other will likely be dead by the end of the next day.

So I've been thinking things over and my main concern was that DMS was the Rogue trying to get a certain role eliminated as part of his objective (I wouldn't be surprised if the Rogue needed to kill the Unknown and the Head Paladin to win,) but then Prince Marth assured us that the Rogue was dead and that removes my main concern for targeting him. I don't think that the Federal Agent will be trying to get people killed as part of his/her objective (though I could be wrong on that part; he/she seems interested in the Shadow, but I'm not sure that he/she would want the Shadow killed. :unsure: ) In this light, I'm more inclined to trust DMS on this one, and in any case, as foolonthehill pointed out, the other will likely be dead by the end of the next day.

Good point dawh. But what makes you htink that Rogue needs to kill the Unknown and the Head Paladin to win?

Im sorry but I missed the part where prince said the rogue was dead. I dont think rogue was mekal. I think rogue is stilll among us.

Edited by crazypainter

Good point dawh. But what makes you htink that Rogue needs to kill the Unknown and the Head Paladin to win?

Im sorry but I missed the part where prince said the rogue was dead. I dont think rogue was mekal. I think rogue is stilll among us.

My statement about the Rogue is completely conjecture at this point. I don't know anything about the Rogue, but if I were someone working against both factions, I would want to eliminate their leaders to throw both sides into chaos... :ph34r:

I'm not sure if the Rogue is alive or dead, but I was worried that dms was the Rogue; then PM said that the Rogue was dead, which seemed to take my suspicions off the table. If PM is lying (and intended to act as though he knew Mekal's identity,) I think that he should have picked a different role for Mekal to have as that was the one I thought most likely for dms to have, based on his actions.