BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Jumper Mafia

unreality

Of all the people to vote for instead of frozen, Bb seems to make the least sense since the only people to have implicated him are dawh and frozen! The only reason I would move my vote away from frozen is to avoid the risk of losing two jumpers at once and get a known baddie instead: that means Reaymond (who independently seems to be implicated as a Paladin and hasn't put up much of a defense) or dms. Then we spy on dawh/frozen or Bb tonight to find out who's telling the truth. If we kill Reaymond anyway using Frost, I would take the risk with dawh/frozen.

I had thought that Frost had to kill today, becuase he has already moved himself in the roster, which is why I stopped voting for Reaymond in the first place. But it sounds like he could wait if we lynch Reaymond anyway and get someone (Bb or dawh/frozen) tonight. Frost: could you confirm?

edit: in reply to dawh's numbers. If you are lying and we make the mistake of lynching Bb on your recommendation, we potentially have 4 innocents left (after your day kill)against 4 of you and 2 independents, so we are already outnumbered. If Frost mistakenly takes out another innocent as his bystander and we have 2 against 3 and 2, and that assumes the Reaymond is a paladin! The odds look bad whatever happens if we get this decision wrong!

Edited by foolonthehill

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of all the people to vote for instead of frozen, Bb seems to make the least sense since the only people to have implicated him are dawh and frozen! The only reason I would move my vote away from frozen is to avoid the risk of losing two jumpers at once and get a known baddie instead: that means Reaymond (who independently seems to be implicated as a Paladin and hasn't put up much of a defense) or dms. Then we spy on dawh/frozen or Bb tonight to find out who's telling the truth. If we kill Reaymond anyway using Frost, I would take the risk with dawh/frozen.

I had thought that Frost had to kill today, becuase he has already moved himself in the roster, which is why I stopped voting for Reaymond in the first place. But it sounds like he could wait if we lynch Reaymond anyway and get someone (Bb or dawh/frozen) tonight. Frost: could you confirm?

Do you really think people can't see you as a baddie FOTH? When they read all this and the logic behind dawh's argument they'll realise ;) . And I've done my research and voting patterns show that you are IMO. Change your vote and I might be partly convinced I'm wrong about you...

Edit: If not then I have my argument ready... I may not be the best player tactically but the one thing I can ok is baddie patterns and posts. This time I'm 90% sure

Edited by Joe's Student

So as I understand it, Frost can kill himself and Reaymond and Star_tiger right now and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it (if he chooses to.) I would say that this is a good strategy as I would be surprised if the Crusader hasn't targeted him to die in the day post. Rather than just dying, he could take out a couple baddies with him. That is of course, Frost's decision (if he gets back in time... :unsure: ) but he knows my council.

As for the Bb thing, what better way could there be to prove our position other than killing FIF? Everyone will know immediately if we are telling the truth, while your way would kill off a known (admittedly) and then leave it to everyone trusting the spy role that says whether we are who we claim to be (which would also mean that other (more suspicious characters) will not be checked...) If Bb is a Jumper, then you have two obvious targets for tonight and tomorrow.

I will be gone until after the day post, so I trust that everyone can come to the right decision. B))

Whoa whoa whoa! I am not the mercenary.

OK, I cannot say what I can do or who I am. But I can kinda fly under the radar of my description pitfall, and say that my role can see what everyone else does not know. I may not disclose any of the stuff that none of you know or out anyone using what I know, or else I will die, and I may or may not be able to do what dawh had suggested that I did. All I can do is match up what I see with what I know, and try to steer people in the right direction. I hope that's discrete enough for me to not die, and I hope it's clear enough for you to understand who I am.

As for what Dawh and FIF have said about themselves... that is not how it works. They are not truthful about their descriptions, and the proof is that they are not willing to vote for the confirmed (by other people, not myself) paladin, and instead are trying to take me down for steering the vote in their direction.

I hope this helps, and I hope its enough to not die for disclosing too much :P

If I need to disclose more then I will, but I will die in the following day/night post if I do (which may be necessary to prevent one of the independent roles from winning tomorrow).

Edited by Brandonb

6 minutes until the day ends :D

Host: unreality

1) Reaymond voting for Frozen

2) Frost - voting for Frozen

3) star_tiger - voting for Frozen

4) Kathleen - voting for Dms

5) Brandonb - voting for Frozen

6) Dawh - voting for Brandonb

7) Joe's Student - voting for Brandonb

8) foolonthehill - voting for Frozen

9) Puzzlegirl - DEAD [Messenger] Killed by Crusader

10) itachi-san - DEAD [Reflex] Sacrificed self to save Crazypainter

11) Frozen_in_fire - voting for Brandonb

12) crazypainter - voting for Brandonb

13) Mekal - DEAD [?] Killed by the Paladins

14) dms172 - voting for JS

15) Prince_Marth85 - DEAD [shepherd] Lynched

16) woon - voting for Frozen

17) taliesin - DEAD [Paramedic] Lynched

edit: 3 minutes :o

edit: 2 minutes!!! :P

edit: ONE MINUTE!!! hehe this is fun :D

edit: zerooooo minutes. FIF is the lynch target... I'll get started on the day post ;D This is an integral day

another edit: just gotta do something real quick then I'll get started :P

Edited by unreality

Day Three - A Mafia First

The Wave, Arizona

03AZ-05-25-TheWave.jpg

"Goodbye Frozen," Reaymond jeered. The group of Jumpers and Paladins were gathered in the exotic rolling canyons under the azure Arizona sky. The hot sun made sweat trickle down their backs and beams of light sear their vision.

A knife flashed silver in the sun, and before Frozen could react, Reaymond shoved it deep into his gut.

"Hahaha!" Reaymond laughed. "You think you can Jump in time, foolish Yang? You think you can evade the Cardinal? Not even the Yin can come to your rescue now."

The Yin, Dawh, cried out as if part of his own mind had been stabbed. He jumped next to Frozen and knelt down, but FIF was already dead. Dawh looked up and the last thing he saw was star_tiger's sneering face. Dawh's eyes refocused on the barrel of a gun before she pulled the trigger, and he fell atop Frozen: Yin and Yang tumbled down the slope: united in life, united in death.

"RRrrrraaaaaahhhh!" Frost yelled. His skin was boiling with heat, turning into oozing magma and charred skin as if radioactive energy were coursing through his system. He was like a supernova about to erupt, and he sprinted into the midst of the two Paladins, tackling Reaymond (the Cardinal) and star_tiger (the Head Paladin!) and carrying them both over the edge into the canyon, toward the bodies of Dawh and Frozen. There was a massive explosion of intense energy that blew up a geyser of light and force and smoke that temporarily blinded every standing on the cliff above. When the smoke cleared, a jagged crater was left behind below, with all five bodies gone: three Jumpers and two Paladins, completely incinerated in the explosion. Their matter was one with the universe, their energy blasted into the Wave of Arizona.

"Wow," someone said. Everyone was utterly shocked. Within the past three minutes, five people had paid the ultimate sacrifice of this tangled war... but two more lives were yet to be lost.

One of them was Joe's Student.

The Rogue cried out in furious anguish when star_tiger was consumed by the bright flames.

"No!" he shouted. "No! I was supposed to kill her! I needed to kill her! The Head Paladin and the Unknown, my enemies!"

"Hey!" someone cried confusedly. "JS is the Rogue!"

"It's time to finish our fight," growled the Warrior, and ran at the Rogue, jumping them both away from the Wave.

In the canyon, DMS suddenly gasped in pain. Everyone looked at him confusedly.

"DMS, the Shadow... you are an abomination. Time to die!" hissed a voice. It reflected off the canyon walls and reverberated everywhere, seeming to come from the very earth.

DMS, who discovered an acid-tipped dart in his neck, started foaming at the mouth and collapsing. The poison was flooding his bloodstream and shutting down his bodily systems. He let out a final gasp and was still.

Eiffel Tower, Paris

eiffel-tower-landmark-4.jpg

The Warrior and the Rogue were perched precariously atop the well-known structure, fighting for their lives. The Rogue fought valiantly, punching and jabbing and blocking and hitting, but the Warrior had justice on his/her side and eventually won out, slamming Joe's Student against the side of the tower.

"Your fight is finished!" the Warrior said, and looked up. A small unmanned camera airplane was zooming overhead, snapping shots of the Eiffel tower. It was on the smaller side as planes go, but still pretty big.

JS tried to jump to the savannahs of Africa, but the Warrior followed the jumpscar through and teleported them back, and up into the air... leaving Joe's Student in the propeller space of the airplane.

The Warrior was just out of the wind zone and fell undisturbed, but the Rogue screamed as they were sucked into the prop and dashed to pieces within a millisecond. The plane's engine burst on fire and started spinning wildly toward the ground. The Warrior jumped back to Arizona to tell what happened, to see the body of DMS.

"Wow..." Seven people dead on one day. It is down to the nailbiting conclusion...

warning: it's long :P

* The Intersect - both sides will try to control the Intersect by capturing neuron points in the person's brain (which are like access locations that allow entry into the inner workings). There are 5 neuron points to capture, and controlling majority will give unrestricted access to the tappable power of the Intersect. There are two ways in which a neuron point can be captured - first, the Intersect can choose someone (one person per night, if they want) and 'give' them a neuron point. If the person is the Unknown OR the Head Paladin, the corresponding side gains control of that neuron point. If the person is anyone else, nothing happens. The Intersect is not aware who has control of which neuron points or if a selection failed/succeeded. The game begins with one neuron point in possession of the Unknown. If the Intersect dies, there are two things that can happen: if no neuron points are captured at the time, then the Intersect dies for real, otherwise all NPs are wiped clean and the Intersect still lives on. The other way that NPs are obtained is very different, and involves the teleportation powers of Jumpers. Each day and each night, the Intersect, Unknown and Head Paladin all decide one location to Jump to (or fly via jet and private cars, in the case of the Head Paladin). There are 8 regions:

1) North America, Central America & Gulf of Mexico

2) South America

3) Atlantic Ocean

4) Eurasia & the Mediterranean

5) Southeast Asia, Australia, Pacific Ocean, etc

6) Arctic Circle

7) Antarctica

8) Africa, Middle East, India, and the Indian Ocean

If the Unknown or the Head Paladin go to the same continent/region as the Intersect, they control a neuron point. If all three go to the same place, whichever one is closer to the Intersect will gain control of the NP. So what happens when one side captures 3/5 of the neuron points?

- First of all, the Intersect can die as normal. If they do so after being captured by either side, the abilities endowed no longer work [one exception: if the Paladins have control of the Intersect, they do not let the Intersect be lynched]

- If the Paladins gain control of the Intersect, they can tap into its database of Jumper knowledge to learn one person's role each night (exact role, not just faction, but NOT the role description). They also choose who the Intersect votes for, despite what the Intersect says on-topic. The Intersect is not informed of who they are actually voting for. Also, the Escape Chance no longer applies while the Paladins control the Intersect's mind. Furthermore, the Head Paladin can choose one person each night - if they pick the Intersect, they kidnap them. The Unknown also picks one person each night, trying to reach the Intersect before the HP does. If the Paladins kidnap the Intersect first, they have the Intersect's powers until the end of the game, regardless of whether the Intersect dies or not. However, if the Unknown reaches the Intersect before the HP can kidnap him/her, the Unknown has taken the Intersect under his/her wing. They do not learn each other's identities, but they are assumed to be traveling together, and each of the following nights and days, the Unknown teleports them to a new location on the earth. The Head Paladin also travels around, and if they go to the same region (of the above 8) at the same time as the Unknown, the Head Paladin kills the Unknown and then kidnaps the Intersect as if the Intersect had been kidnapped in the manner mentioned before, and with the same effects. However if the Unknown teleports to a region pre-determined by me that has a secret facility on it, even if the HP goes there too, the Intersect is plied from the Paladins' control and returns the original state, with 1 neural point captured by the Unknown, and 4 blank

- If the Unknown gains control of 3/5 or more of the NPs, the Intersect willingly joins the Unknown (BTSC) to unleash his/her power on the enemy. The Intersect has the ability to overload their mind computer and turn into a massive bomb, killing themselves and the person to the roster spot 1 above them and 1 below (wraps around the top & bottom). Once during each day, the Unknown & Intersect can choose a pair of people that are no more than 2 roster spots away from each other to switch spots. The Intersect can blow up at any time, and it happens at the next day/night post. All 3 dead people have their roles and role descs revealed. Of course, the Unknown & Intersect do not have to do this, it may be reward enough just knowing they stopped the Paladins from gaining control of the Intersect

--- As different steps in the battle over the Intersect occur, all 3 involved (Intersect, Unknown, Head Paladin) will be notified. Also, all 3 of those roles are receiving this whole thing (starting with "The Intersect - both sides will try to control..." and ending with the end of this paragraph). It is all that the Intersect is receiving, but the Unknown and Head Paladin may have a little more in their role description before this

* Yin/Yang - can PM each other at all times, and also use zen dislocation: can learn the identity behind one role each night, as a pair. Yin/Yang learn the exact role name, but not the role description. In addition, due to their inseparable duality, if one dies, so does the other. However this is why that, only twice in the entire game (for everything works in pairs :P), Yin/Yang can choose to defend themselves with martial arts and they cannot die that night. This can only be used twice remember, and it does not effect their nightly spying ability (zen dislocation). The duality-death applies for lynchings as well, but they cannot save themselves from a lynch

* The Cardinal can stalk Jumpers/Neutrals and learn faction (Jumper, Federal Agent, or Rogue) each night. If the person stalked was a Jumper, their Escape Chance is reduced by 5% (minimum 0%)

* The Head Paladin - the Head Paladin is the chess-player behind the pawns that are her/his Paladins, trying to capture the Intersect. [show Intersect description]

* The Shadow - knows who the Federal Agent is, due to the Shadow's deep footing in the world of crime. Also, the Shadow is always watching. They pick one person each night, and learn who that person targeted for the night. The Shadow also has a 25% chance ['Spy Chance'] to learn who visited the target (not just who the target visited). In the case of a Paladin nightkill, a random living Paladin will be selected. The Shadow can change his/her Escape Chance and Spy Chance at any time during the day to apply for that night, however both chances must be at least 0% and total to 50% (ie, the Escape Chance starts at 25% and the Spy Chance starts at 25%, however those can be inversely increased or decreased). Also, due to the Shadow's expert sneakiness, it is not possible for anything to lower the Shadow's Escape Chance. But due to the Shadow's inability to trust others, the Escape Chance can never be raised either - thus the two chances will always total to 50%

* The Rogue - kills every night, if they so choose. The Rogue's goal is to kill both the Unknown and the Head Paladin to win the game. If either of those die by other means, the Rogue must kill the other person at their next possible chance. If that fails (or if both targets die in the same night), the Rogue is outed and killed. Note that the Rogue may have a second chance to kill the Head Paladin, depending on the Shepherd. Hideout: the Rogue, having to hide from both sides for so long, is a very adept hider. If the Rogue chooses not to kill one night, they may instead hide in their Hideout and cannot be found for any sort of night action. Also, because the Rogue is a Jumper too (at least ability-wise), they have an Escape Chance of 25% just like the others that can teleport

It's down to Night Four :P

Host: unreality

1) Reaymond - DEAD [Cardinal] Blown up by Frost

2) Frost - DEAD [intersect] Blew up!

3) star_tiger - DEAD [Head Paladin] Blown up by Frost

4) Kathleen

5) Brandonb

6) Dawh - DEAD [Yin] Died with Frozen

7) Joe's Student - DEAD [Rogue] Win condition failed

8) Foolonthehill

9) Puzzlegirl - DEAD [Messenger] Killed by Crusader

10) itachi-san - DEAD [Reflex] Sacrificed self to save Crazypainter

11) Frozen_in_fire - DEAD [Yang] Lynched

12) crazypainter

13) Mekal - DEAD [?] Killed by the Paladins

14) dms172 - DEAD [shadow] Killed by Crsuader

15) Prince_Marth85 - DEAD [shepherd] Lynched

16) woon

17) taliesin - DEAD [Paramedic] Lynched

edit: grammar ;D

Edited by unreality

Jumper Mafia

Intro

Night One - Welcome to the War

Day One - A Fall From Meteora

Night Two - Fall of Anonymity

Day Two - An Eye for an Eye

Night Three - Triple Sacrifice

Day Three - A Mafia First

The game has come down to the wire, folks :P I have no clue who is going to win. Either side could come out of this victorious... wow. This has been a craazy game. You'll see afterwards, when I show logs and stuff. Crazy stuff happened, stuff I didn't even anticipate. lol. This has been nuts. It seems like there's spying roles everywhere, even though there wasn't, at all... just wow ;D Good luck to everyone left alive in Night Four

Well... I guess it can't hurt now to inform the Warrior that the FA wins if they get the entire roster of roles+IDs. If the few other remaining people out themselves then the FA will win tonight. Actually, the FA is close to guaranteed the win in the day post if she doesn't die tonight (b/c her spy ability will reveal info when the day comes).

Edited by Brandonb

Well... I guess it can't hurt now to inform the Warrior that the FA wins if they get the entire roster of roles+IDs. If the few other remaining people out themselves then the FA will win tonight. Actually, the FA is close to guaranteed the win in the day post if she doesn't die tonight (b/c her spy ability will reveal info when the day comes).

Ok guys and gals...I give you the mercenary! Who is BTW lying...

I expect to die rather quick but wanted that info out there for all of you to see it.

Oh and if you doubt me...

The Mercenary appears as a random Jumper if investigated by Y/Y

Hmm what other info do you want??

I am not a player that wins alone!!!

I win with the Jumpers!!!!

And it would be great if I survive tonight but if I dont then that is fine too...

as long as the jumpers win!

Edited by crazypainter

The Mercenary appears as a random Jumper if investigated by Y/Y

I am not a player that wins alone!!!

I win with the Jumpers!!!!

Now that is a lie. Yeah, the Mercenary appears to be a random jumper as the Y/Y's said, but he can also swap that ability at night in order to save a paladin. But the FA is an INDEPENDENT role with its own win condition, which is to fill the roster. The only hope for the Jumpers now is to take out the FA so that she does not win in the morning.

Edited by Brandonb

that was too cool unreality! Love the wave bit!! That could have been the photo I tried to send you!

So back to business...

Kat...warrior

crazypainter...I am sure you all know by now...

Brandonb... mercenary 100% sure

Fool on the hill... geneticist

woon...crusader

tough night ahead...tonight kat kill Brandon and tomarrow we will

lynch woon.

NO ONE REFUTE OR CONFIRM ANYTHING THAT SHE HAS WRITTEN! IT WILL END THE GAME!

that was too cool unreality! Love the wave bit!! That could have been the photo I tried to send you!

So back to business...

Kat...warrior

crazypainter...I am sure you all know by now...

Brandonb... mercenary 100% sure

Fool on the hill... geneticist

woon...crusader

tough night ahead...tonight kat kill Brandon and tomarrow we will

lynch woon.

NO ONE REFUTE OR CONFIRM ANYTHING THAT SHE HAS WRITTEN! IT WILL END THE GAME!

Edit: And I do not expect you to go quietly ;) Your only hope now is to get Kat to not kill you.

Edited by Brandonb