BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Jumper Mafia

unreality

Good point dawh. But what makes you htink that Rogue needs to kill the Unknown and the Head Paladin to win?

On the 'guess the role description' notes I wrote, I have much the same description of the Rogue as dawh: "kill the leader of the two main factions". It seemed fairly obvious to me. Actually, that makes me think: what if PM is the Head Paladin and the Rogue now knows who the Unknown is? I just hope we see the description of PM when he's lynched otherwise I don't know what to suggest for actions tonight/tomorrow!!

Im sorry but I missed the part where prince said the rogue was dead. I dont think rogue was mekal. I think rogue is stilll among us.

So the action you saw me take against Mekal was to check on him not kill him. I can safely say that the Rogue is now dead.

He definitely implied that Mekal was the Rogue and is therefore dead....

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marth is long past dead at this point, can we get on with the day post and learn what is going on?

The only thing that makes sense with DMS's claim that only one person visited Mekal, is that Marth must be the cardinal because the cardinal visited Mekal in the night post and killed him.

Whatever, lets get this road on the show! :P (wow, haven't thrown that out there since Mafia IV'ish :lol: )

Edit:clarity

Edited by Brandonb

well with all the talk about Marth being a paladin, I would guess that someone on our team<jumpers> may have spied on him. Since there has been silence about that my guess is that he was not the cardinal, I think he is the mercenary. The mercenary kills too but is very good at hiding, hence no detection.

This makes sense. Paladins sticking by Paladins.

Reaymond is also Paladin. And Kat, as I said before.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, WHOA!

I am not a Paladin, I thougtht that a couple of mild finger pointing wasn't enough to really be a threat to me, but now you guys think I'm definately a Paladin? :unsure: I'm not, I'll reveal my role if I have to (but since there are no votes for me, and no one has mentioned killing me tonight, I'll keep it) Let me just say though, I have no clue who prince, dms OR Itachi are :huh: I'm voting so we can know something. If Prince is bad, we know Dms is PROBABLY good. But as I said, I had removed my vote (don't know if it says that on the roster). I am NOT a Paladin (For once)

<(^-^)>

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, WHOA!

I am not a Paladin, I thougtht that a couple of mild finger pointing wasn't enough to really be a threat to me, but now you guys think I'm definately a Paladin? :unsure: I'm not, I'll reveal my role if I have to (but since there are no votes for me, and no one has mentioned killing me tonight, I'll keep it)

Why would you be scared of suspicion now? We know that PM is about to die, so the only threat is from the Paladin tonight (who presumably know that you are/are not a Paladin ;) ), the Warrior (who has more concrete information to rely on I believe ;)) or from the discovery roles. It sounds like you have something to hide.

Anyway, it's pretty inconsequential what most of us think until after the night post and we get to start voting again so I won't press you on it.

Where's UR? I want to find out about PM/dms, and will be very annoyed if we don't get to see PM's role.

Sorry guys - my internet was out all day :o Lemme catch up ;D Hopefully you guys ended the day ~2 hours ago like it was supposed to without me :D hehe

Yep. Think a pretty clear consensus was reached a while ago. Except for a few people <_<

I know that you have not been given my identity (unfortunately), but I have yours. I don't however know your complete role description. I had assumed that you knew what you were talking about when you said you had more info on Itachi, so I followed your vote. When you said you weren't sure afterall and changed your vote to Marth instead, I once again followed your lead. Perhaps the timing of my posts looks bad due to when others decided to post, but my decision to change my vote was due to my confidence in Frost. If you're saying that you don't have role identification then perhaps I was wrong in my assumptions about your characters abilities...however I am NOT wrong about your character and I plan to stick by your side. ;)

Edit: clarification...and more

Actually, if you really do know my role, then your actions make logical sense. At least based off of my role. Though trust me, it's not exactly what you think. :P

I'm starting to trust you more now...

Edited by Frost

Why would you be scared of suspicion now? We know that PM is about to die, so the only threat is from the Paladin tonight (who presumably know that you are/are not a Paladin ;) ), the Warrior (who has more concrete information to rely on I believe ;)) or from the discovery roles. It sounds like you have something to hide.

Anyway, it's pretty inconsequential what most of us think until after the night post and we get to start voting again so I won't press you on it.

Where's UR? I want to find out about PM/dms, and will be very annoyed if we don't get to see PM's role.

Nope. It's consequential for the reason you first stated. That was exactly the response I was looking for from Kat ;)

Edit: and I'm sure we'll see PM's role. We saw Tal's role.

CP i was wondering if you knew who the rogue was because of role description and also i was thinking the federal agent might have to kill all the thieves.

No I dont know for sure who the rogue is. I have suspicions though. If the Fed agent has to kill all the theives does that mean the paladins and the jumper thieves? wow that would be tough cause I know my role isnt fully stated in the basic info Unreality gave us. I assumed it was the same for all of us. I wish Unreality would at least tell us mekals role since we have no other info.

Look guys, for once I'm not a baddie, if you kill me tonight, you'll be hindered. I'm serious, you guys are set on me being bad, when it isn't true. I'd like to survive the night please :(

<(^-^)>

Jumper Mafia

Intro

Night One - Welcome to the War

Day One - A Fall From Meteora

Night Two - Fall of Anonymity

Day Two - An Eye for an Eye

Dos Ojos flooded cave system, beneath Mexico

"Kill Prince Marth!" shouted DMS. "I watched him last night, he visited Mekal!"

"Kill Prince Marth! Kill Prince Marth!"

Individual voices were soon lost in a massive chant that echoed and re-echoed across the cave walls. The gaggle of people were at the entrance to the underground river, in a small half-underground chamber where the water cast rippling beams of light against the smooth walls, and green overgrowth from the outside world crept in a dazzling display of nature. They were at the border of the surface and the underworld.

At first Prince Marth was submissive as they pushed him closer to the edge of the pool, but then he just laughed nonchalantly, wading backwards into the water.

"You fools," he spat. "You're all here at once. All of the important players in this little war." He pulled an M-16 out of his coat. "I can pick you off one by one. All that will remain is the Paladins! Maybe I will kill a Paladin, too - and as the Shepherd, take over their position within the Paladin hierarchy. Prepare to die and go to the Infinite Hells as abominations that you are, foolish Jumpers! This is your last gathering."

The machine gun rattled off gunfire, and suddenly time slowed to a crawl. People observed in shock as a storm of bullets spiralled slowly toward them. The Reflex arrived in a blur, slamming into Prince Marth and tackling him into the water.

The Shepherd fought back viciously as the Reflex swam with them deeper into the cave.

At the entrance, Jumpers and Paladins alike were scattering and throwing themselves to the ground (in slow motion of course) to avoid the slowly advancing cloud of shiny bullets.

Meanwhile, deeper into the underwater cave, the Reflex was losing their breath... Prince Marth had already lost theirs. The Reflex let go and watched the dead body drift away in the mysterious current.

The Reflex was met by some other Jumpers, who had jumped and grabbed scuba gear. The Reflex grabbed his/hers gratefully, and the four returned toward the surface.

emmett-walsh-1.jpg

They emerged to a celebratory mood... they had nailed a baddie, a Paladin no less. Specifically, the Shepherd.

* The Shepherd has no power other than taking the place of any Paladin after they die. The Shepherd is always seen as "Shepherd" regardless of role taken on (which can only be done once)

Thus, unless Mekal was a Paladin, Prince Marth had no actual ability yet.

Gradually, the party dispersed, leaving only Puzzlegirl, who was sitting at the edge of the water with her feet dangling in the gentle pool.

A shadow soon grew behind her.

Suddenly she was screaming in pain, tendrils of electricity blazing through her body. She tried to jump but she was anchored to one spot by the intense pain and loss of focus. She burst out of the cords with a writhing wriggle and went for the gun at her ankle holster, but the Crusader had already grabbed her shoulder and pinned her to the wall. The zealous Paladin unwrapped their knife.

"Goodbye, Messenger," they hissed, and drove it deep into Puzzlegirl's gut, and higher still. She gasped in pain, blood dribbling from the corner of her mouth, then died. The Crusader growled and withdrew his/her knife as he/she slung Puzzlegirl's body to the left, into the water with a bloody splash.

Satisfied, the Crusader cleaned off their trusty knife, rewrapped it, slid it into its hidden sheath, and trekked out of the cave. Night was falling (on half of the world) and tonight would be intense.

* The Messenger - uses their prowess to aid the Jumpers by performing special operations. The Messenger knows who the Intersect is (they are very important), and can choose to protect them from death OR to go after the Paladins, attempting to infiltrate their network. Each night the Messenger has this choice (Protect or Infiltrate). If they choose to infiltrate, a die is rolled, and one of six actions occur: discovery (learn who one random Paladin is, dead or alive, cannot learn same twice), intel (learn the complete description of one random Paladin role, cannot learn same twice), high espionage (plant a nerve exploder device in a random Paladin, kills them the following night), diversion (protect the Intersect at the same time AND reroll to do one of the other actions), coded message (send a PM to me of a message the Messenger wants to send to any player, and I will send corresponding numerical code to the person indicated), or capture (the Paladins discover the Messenger snooping around and kill them. Bye bye Messenger :P)

Host: unreality

1) Reaymond

2) Kathleen

3) star_tiger

4) Frost

5) Brandonb

6) Dawh

7) Joe's Student

8) Foolonthehill

9) Puzzlegirl - DEAD [Messenger] Killed by Crusader

10) itachi-san

11) Frozen_in_fire

12) crazypainter

13) Mekal - DEAD [?] Killed by the Paladins

14) dms172

15) Prince_Marth85 - DEAD [shepherd] Lynched

16) woon

17) taliesin - DEAD [Paramedic] Lynched

Actually, if you really do know my role, then your actions make logical sense. At least based off of my role. Though trust me, it's not exactly what you think. :P

I'm starting to trust you more now...

well it's about time...now that I'm dead! Okay, people, take a look back at the post and try to figure out who murdered me...then go get 'em!!!

Edited by puzzlegirl

Great. Just great. Well, I'm a goner. I hope it's not too much of a problem to ask for protection tonight(if anyone even has that capability anymore), considering I'm sure you all know my role by now. :P

Good job guys even though it was obvious we were gonna get PM. Sucks about PG though, didn't see that coming at all... Frost should be protected yeah ;), and dms as well if we can...

Now I'm suspicious of dms, shouldn't PM have been the Cardinal for him to be telling the truth?

Maybe the Cardinal reducing someone's escape chance doesn't necessarily count as a visit? He could be the FA allright, who had investigated PM, but he's certainly not a Paladin, and I can't see an advantage for him as the Rogue to out PM (although we don't know the Rogue's win condition for sure).

Going to do some analysis (or try to) and will try and post more things after a while...

about that i made a mistake when reading my role i thought i saw everyone who targets the person i select, but actually i saw who PM targeted.

Hold on, you said you targeted Mekal to watch last night? *Alarm Bells!*

Edit: I thought you were saying you targeted PM in your quote there, but I'm just confused, can you clarify?

Edited by Joe's Student