unreality

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just the gut feeling we should kill off someone besides

tal and woon, but it's to late

Yeah, it's too late for Tal, but you could be right about woon... :o

People just jumped on the bandwagon for those two way too quickly for my liking. I think that we need to take a step back and reevaluate the situation from square one. Maybe the night post will reveal something. :unsure::)

People just jumped on the bandwagon for those two way too quickly for my liking. I think that we need to take a step back and reevaluate the situation from square one. Maybe the night post will reveal something. :unsure::)

Well, we weren't given much to work with when voting for people. So sorry, Talie :( I'm reconsidering woon's status (although don't think you're off the hook just yet, woon ;)), but I sure hope the night post will contain more info to avoid lynching another innocent <_<

I never liked people voting for tal. In fact, I've seen tal go down before in the first lynch as a good guy. In defense of those who vote for tal, that was silly to vote for yourself unless there was something good to be got from getting lynched in your character description and you actually wanted people to vote for you. (which wasn't the case)

As for woon: I started the vote for woon. And I had a reason. :o

Jumper Mafia

Intro

Night One - Welcome to the War

Day One - A Fall From Meteora

Night Two - Fall of Anonymity

Antarctica

Twenty feet below the rock-hard ice and polar winds, the dark interior of a heated facility teemed with shadows.

The dirty cement floor was covered in a gritty mix of water and dirt, and a tangled onslaught of rusty pipes made the boiler room a nest full of a metal snakes, dripping continuously. Steam coiled through the dark room like hissing specters.

Frost inched his way along, eyes and ears open for an unusual sound or image. He had tracked the Geneticist this far, and wanted to learn more about his unusual ability.

The Geneticist was a little under a hundred feet away, at the other end of the tangled maze of pipes, and through a chipped wooden door. This was one of their oldest laboratories, and still contained some old notebook logs and serums. The Geneticist entered the room, shut the door, and flicked on a switching, illuminating the small office space with a comfortable glow. They headed over to a tall filing cabinet on the other side and pulled open a drawer, inspecting something carefully. They turned back to their newest notes, carried over from yesterday's experiment in Madagascar. Nodding, they checked another old file. Things were matching up!

"Hmmm..." they muttered. "...chromosome......interesting...Rogue....exactly!...disturbing..hmmm...well....from five years old...nothing else..."

They shut the file, looked at their other work, and nodded triumphantly. Nothing else interesting (such as the +5% side effect of the night before) had come from the Antarctic office, but they had at least made an important discovery. Satisfied, they switched off the light and disappeared.

A hundred feet away, Frost was peering down two dark corridors, trying to decipher which way to go.

A falling sound, like a pin dropping in the grass.

Frost spun around nervously. Nobody was there. He turned back, reminded himself to not be so stupid, and pulled out a handheld flashlight. One corridor went to a dead end electrical box, and the other continued into the murky darkness. Frost put the light away and started walking again.

Behind him, the Warrior appeared, for the second time in a minute. They had jumped, observed Frost, and jumped back, picking their choice of weapon. Now they were back.

They followed Frost silently, slowly raising the dart gun to their lips. One puff of the lips, and Frost would be dead within seconds...

Frost paused. The Warrior paused. Frost held up his flashlight again, casting around... and spotted a door. The Warrior held up the dart gun, aiming for the back of Frost's neck.

"Don't do it!" the Messenger shouted, blasting into the small space with gun outstretched and pointed. Frost spun around in surprise, stumbling against the filthy wall.

"Who do you think you are?" the Warrior seethed. "Never come between me and my target!"

"Do you know who Frost is?" the Messenger inquired. "No? Well it's one of my duties to protect him... and it looks like I made the right choice tonight."

The Warrior hesitated for a second, then let the blow gun fall from their lips, and jumped away, leaving the Messenger alone with Frost.

"So..." Frost muttered. "Um, thanks."

"No problem," the Messenger replied. "Like I said, just one of my duties. I need to get back to infiltrating the Paladins. Good luck."

"Uh, you too," replied Frost, still a bit shell-shocked. Then he shouted "Wait!" but the Messenger was already gone. He contemplated following the Messenger, but realized he had other things to do...

He ran the length of the corridor and knocked on the door. Nobody answered, and no light seeped from under the door. Had the Geneticist jumped away already? Not wanting to impede on their privacy, he turned and teleported, leaving only the hissing steam to speak of his presence.

New York City

Mekal headed out of the bank, carrying a briefcase full of cash.

"Hehehe," he chuckled. "It's good having a full bank account... especially in these tough economic times..."

One moment, chuckling; the next, dead.

Someone on the roof with a sniper rifle had been aiming carefully, waiting for the perfect shot.

They got it.

Mekal had no time to react or even to know he was in danger; perhaps the Cardinal reducing his Escape Chance by 5% had something to do with it, or perhaps not. Either way, his body was soon lying on the sidewalk, his briefcase scattered into the street. There could be important things in that briefcase... things that could identify Mekal... the mysterious sniper looked at it longingly, but there would be no Elite Kill tonight - sirens were already blaring and police cars could be seen flashing a few blocks away. The Paladin sniper packed up and dashed away.

The Great Wall of China

great_wall_1.JPG

It was daybreak in China, and crisp dawn light spread across the expansive horizon. The Unknown sighed, staring out at the beautiful landscape.

Then the Intersect appeared, as if they had fallen out of thin air. They both knew better.

"So you're not so Unknown anymore," the Intersect joked. "The fall of Anonymity."

The Unknown chuckled. "I'm looking forward to working with you... welcome to the war. For real this time. Things are heating up, and either side can come out of this the winner. We need to be there to make sure it happens our way."

They looked each other in the eye, nodded, and disappeared with a flicker.

Host: unreality

1) Reaymond

2) Kathleen

3) star_tiger

4) Frost

5) Brandonb

6) Dawh

7) Joe's Student

8) Foolonthehill

9) Puzzlegirl

10) itachi-san

11) Frozen_in_fire

12) crazypainter

13) Mekal - DEAD [?] Killed by the Paladins

14) dms172

15) Prince_Marth85

16) woon

17) taliesin - DEAD [Paramedic] Lynched

Jumper Mafia

Intro

1) Reaymond

2) Kathleen

3) star_tiger

4) Frost

5) Brandonb

6) Dawh

7) Joe's Student

8) Foolonthehill

9) Puzzlegirl

10) itachi-san

11) Frozen_in_fire

12) crazypainter

14) dms172

15) Prince_Marth85

16) woon

day two ends in ~24 hours!

edit: I just realized the titles of day one and night two both start with "fall" or "a fall" :o aahh lol. Maybe I'll start a trend and name all of them with "Fall"...

Edited by unreality

you mean for the lynch location? Sure :D

bringing the other post over to this page:

Jumper Mafia

Intro

1) Reaymond

2) Kathleen

3) star_tiger

4) Frost

5) Brandonb

6) Dawh

7) Joe's Student

8) Foolonthehill

9) Puzzlegirl

10) itachi-san

11) Frozen_in_fire

12) crazypainter

14) dms172

15) Prince_Marth85

16) woon

day two ends in ~24 hours!

I just realized the titles of day one and night two both start with "fall" or "a fall" :o aahh lol. Maybe I'll start a trend and name all of them with "Fall"...

edit: Sorry Mekal :( Hope it was fun while it lasted... good luck in future games! :D

Edited by unreality

Wow... that was a good read ;)

I second that. I was so wrapped up it the story that not only did I not mind the length, but I was disappointed when it came to an end. Excellent post, UR!

Now, on to business. I was thinking that we don't necessarily know if Mekal was a jumper or not. The post said that the Cardinal stared longingly at the briefcase wanting more info. Perhaps he didn't know who he was targeting? Afterall, the Paladins are supposed to be uber-rich. We can only hope that this is the case and that we are not down 2 Jumpers already.

Excellent timing on the part of the Messenger! So, Frost, were you able to spy on the Geneticist? Do you know who they are?

No! Mekal! You never survive too long in these games do you :( Hmm...I had a good idea for a lynch location last time, but forgot it :P So anyone gonna start off the voting? I have a couple of ideas, but I don't want to out them, especially with the lack of information, I could look bad. All I'll say is that I think someone's gotta watch their tail... <_<

<(^-^)>

Well, I just have to say Thank you Messenger! I wouldn't have been very happy if I had died last night.

Though I have to go back over a few people's statements...I'm more suspicious of certain people now...

Edited by Frost

Excellent timing on the part of the Messenger! So, Frost, were you able to spy on the Geneticist? Do you know who they are?

Honestly, I'm not exactly sure why I was tracking the Geneticist...either it was just the storyline or something in a role description that I don't know.

So we have to tread carefully here. Chances are that Mekal was a Jumper. The Paladins likely know each other's identities, with the possible exception of the Crusader. I say this because if the Paladins have a discovery role (or discovery chance) then that would be a potent combination combined with the Crusader's Role Kill ability. If they don't have a role identifier, I think that it's likely that they are all in communication, in which case the best that we can hope for is that Mekal was an independent role.

It's clear that Frost is someone important and clearly seems to be on the side of good, though the Crusader will probably try to nail him based on that information tonight. Unless of course, Frost is the Reflex, in which case the Crusader already knows his identity. I'm not sure if the Reflex should reveal him/herself as we want to be sure not to lynch him/her and the Crusader already knows who he/she is, but on the other hand, if the Crusader operates independently of the other Paladins, then the Paladins will come after the Reflex themselves once revealed. It's also possible that Mekal was the Reflex and when the Crusader failed to kill him, the Paladins stepped in to finish the job... :o

Another reason for the Reflex to stay silent is that we don't know what the Rogue and the FA are up to, and though I doubt the FA is a threat to the Reflex, I wouldn't be surprised if the Rogue would like to know that information.

As for who to lynch, I have a few suspicions, but I'm ready to start casting stones. :unsure:

Well, I have a little bit more information today(at least more than yesterday :P), so I think I'll start off the vote:

1) Reaymond

2) Kathleen

3) star_tiger

4) Frost - voting for Itachi

5) Brandonb

6) Dawh

7) Joe's Student

8) Foolonthehill

9) Puzzlegirl

10) itachi-san

11) Frozen_in_fire

12) crazypainter

14) dms172

15) Prince_Marth85

16) woon

I'd like to hear what he has to say.

So we have to tread carefully here. Chances are that Mekal was a Jumper. The Paladins likely know each other's identities, with the possible exception of the Crusader. I say this because if the Paladins have a discovery role (or discovery chance) then that would be a potent combination combined with the Crusader's Role Kill ability. If they don't have a role identifier, I think that it's likely that they are all in communication, in which case the best that we can hope for is that Mekal was an independent role.

It's clear that Frost is someone important and clearly seems to be on the side of good, though the Crusader will probably try to nail him based on that information tonight. Unless of course, Frost is the Reflex, in which case the Crusader already knows his identity. I'm not sure if the Reflex should reveal him/herself as we want to be sure not to lynch him/her and the Crusader already knows who he/she is, but on the other hand, if the Crusader operates independently of the other Paladins, then the Paladins will come after the Reflex themselves once revealed. It's also possible that Mekal was the Reflex and when the Crusader failed to kill him, the Paladins stepped in to finish the job... :o

Another reason for the Reflex to stay silent is that we don't know what the Rogue and the FA are up to, and though I doubt the FA is a threat to the Reflex, I wouldn't be surprised if the Rogue would like to know that information.

As for who to lynch, I have a few suspicions, but I'm ready to start casting stones. :unsure:

Yea I agree either the Paladins have a role identifier and don't know the Crusader OR they don't have a role identifier and all of them have BTSC. My own opinion is that they don't have a role identifier, but more a Faction-identifier, like a Godfather Mafia would have had in previous games. Which would leave that they all know the Reflex's identity...

But I don't think the Reflex should come forward yet, as we don't know the Rogue's or FA win condition, and it's too much a risk just yet.

As for Mekal, people believed him to be suspicious on Day 1, he placed a retaliatory vote on dms straight after he was voted for. Could he have been the Rogue? It's a long shot in my opinion, I don't really think so, but we shouldn't just accept he's a Jumper.

Was thinking about the FA's win condition.. I was thinking it could be something along the lines of arrest x amount of roles, like the Shadow and another Jumper maybe. And also arrest a Paladin to even it up (seeing as they've tole millions from around the world to fund their excursions). Just a thought.

As for the vote, woon's an obvious target as is Bb in my opinion. Would have been interesting if the Warrior attacked Bb last night, but a bit too risky. Then again they attacked Frost who now appears to certainly be an innocent... (or FA doing some detective work!). Hmmm some things to ponder ey...

Well, I have a little bit more information today(at least more than yesterday :P), so I think I'll start off the vote:

1) Reaymond

2) Kathleen

3) star_tiger

5) Brandonb

6) Dawh

7) Joe's Student

8) Foolonthehill

9) Puzzlegirl

10) itachi-san

11) Frozen_in_fire

12) crazypainter

14) dms172

15) Prince_Marth85

16) woon

I'd like to hear what he has to say.

Hmm. what to say... I'll start off by saying I'm suspicious before the games even start... :P

As for this particular game, I'm not afraid to say I am a Jumper. I do not have role-ID skills, but I'm tough and Jumpers do not want to lose me in a Lynch. I am of great service at Night to the Jumpers.

Also, if the vote continues to pounce on me, which I am quite used to, I'll reveal much more info (that isn't good for the Jumpers, but I'll do what I must to not get Lynched) - therefore, I'd like everyone to pay considerable attention to anyone who pushes me to do so. Frost is not included, at least not yet, in that suspicion.

Well, I already had my suspicious about Itachi form a few things that he's said; but if the Messenger is out to protect Frost and Frost says he has enough info to vote for I-san then that's good enough for me.

1) Reaymond

2) Kathleen

3) star_tiger

5) Brandonb

6) Dawh

7) Joe's Student

8) Foolonthehill

9) Puzzlegirl - voting for Itachi

10) Itachi-san

11) Frozen_in_fire

12) crazypainter

14) dms172

15) Prince_Marth85

16) woon

Well, I already had my suspicious about Itachi form a few things that he's said; but if the Messenger is out to protect Frost and Frost says he has enough info to vote for I-san then that's good enough for me.

1) Reaymond

2) Kathleen

3) star_tiger

5) Brandonb

6) Dawh

7) Joe's Student

8) Foolonthehill

9) Puzzlegirl - voting for Itachi

10) Itachi-san

11) Frozen_in_fire

12) crazypainter

14) dms172

15) Prince_Marth85

16) woon

1st suspicious character is PG

As for the vote, woon's an obvious target as is Bb in my opinion. Would have been interesting if the Warrior attacked Bb last night, but a bit too risky. Then again they attacked Frost who now appears to certainly be an innocent... (or FA doing some detective work!). Hmmm some things to ponder ey...

Did I miss something about Frost's innocence? To me, he might have been spying on the Genecist since he's the "role identifier" Paladin, and the Messenger picked the wrong person to save. I seriously don't know what Frost's status is, but just throwing that idea out there... ;)

Did I miss something about Frost's innocence? To me, he might have been spying on the Genecist since he's the "role identifier" Paladin, and the Messenger picked the wrong person to save. I seriously don't know what Frost's status is, but just throwing that idea out there... ;)

True but the messenger appeared to know something of Frost and his role in the Post..

As for Itachi... hmm I'm not sure? I wonder will dms keep his assertion that Itachi is bad once he sees how Itachi is targeting people that target him. Anyone able to vouch for Itachi? Would have been interesting to see if PG had held back her vote if she'd seen Itachi's accusations against people that vote for him...

I'd still prefer woon or Bb, I think we could do with putting pressure on =The accused= though. And Itachi's "if-you-vote-for-me-you're-bad" is an easy defence... not convincing. Aaah I caan't make up my mind :blink: