BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Final Fantasy Battle

Prologue

12 warriors gathered at the field in front of Castle Sasune. The already knew why they were gathered there as they had received a mysterious message via Mognet only a day before.

Valiant warrior, I bring dire news! Princess Sara requests your help. Our kingdom and nearby towns are under attack, and we require your aid. Please come to the field in front of Castle Sasune so that we may meet with you and explain our situation. Please come as soon as possible!

Luneth, Arc, Ingus, and Refia

The warriors looked toward the castle as the moogles that had let them there entered the castle.

A moment later a group of 4 young warriors on Chocobo’s approached the group.

45571020070320_223250_6_big.jpg

The young man with white hair addressed the group.

“I am Luneth, and these are my friends Ingus, Arc, and Refia. We are the ones who sent you the message asking you to come here. We have heard tales of you powers and this is why we requested your aid. Our foes are also very well known and some of you will likely know them even better than we do which is why we have requested your aid. However, there appears to be more than we requested which means that it is certain that the villains hide among you. Allow us to explain what we have learned about about the villains and about you heroes.”

Villains – Each has their own win conditions

Ultimate Evil (Team of 3 with BTSC) - These 3 are the strongest of the foes and have joined forces causing the most destruction to our kingdom. They are Sephiroth, Ultimecia, and Kefka. They win by killing everyone else. One of them must attack each night. While one of them is attacking the others will be hiding and cannot be found. (The only exception is if someone uses a defense breaking power.) All 3 must attack in any order before the cycle can start again for them. (In other words, all 3 must attack at least once in any order on the first 3 nights before all 3 can attack again in any order. If this confuses you, let me know and I will explain more in depth.) (Also…Notice how they all wish to be a God/Goddess :wacko: )

Sephiroth (Legendary SOLDIER First Class) – The most powerful of the villains. Wants destroy the world using the Black Materia to call forth Meteor to merge with the lifestream and become a God when the planet attempted to heal itself after Meteor strikes. He has a 100% kill rate against a defenseless player.

Ultimecia (Sorceress) – Attempting to cast Time Compression to compress the universe into singularity and assimilate herself with all of creation to become a Goddess. Uses her time/space manipulation to control a person’s Night Actions with 75% effectiveness. If this succeeds, she will attempt to force the person to kill themselves afterwards. There is a 50% chance the person will break free from her manipulation before they kill themselves. If they do there is a 50% chance they will learn Ultimecia’s identity.

Kefka (God of Magic) – A crazy and sadistic man who, after becoming the God of Magic, wishes to rule the world and destroy all life. He has a 50% chance to kill a defenseless player. He has access to all magic and does not suffer from the side effect of summoning.

Kuja (Angel of Death) – A genome created by Garland sent to encourage war on Gaia and assimilate it with Terra. He has a 50/50 chance of either killing a defenseless player or converting them into a Genome. He wins by killing everyone or turning them into a Genome.

Defenses: Forces a Genome to die for him.

Xemnas (Leader of Organization XIII) – Wishes to gain control of Kingdom Hearts and use its' power to become a god-like entity and take control of the universe. Has a 50/50 chance of killing a player or casting a spell on them that will promote darkness in their hearts until they are consumed by a Heartless and they are transformed into a Nobody. This does not take place during game-play. There is no defense against Xemnas. Wins by killing everyone else or turning them into a Nobody.

Defenses: Forces a Nobody to die for him.

Heroes – Win by defeating all the villains. If a hero manages to kill someone (Whether fellow hero or villain) they will "level up" and increase their power.

Cloud Strife (Failed Sephiroth Clone/AVALANCHE) – A young man who Professor Hojo attempted to make into a Sephiroth Clone but managed to reject his fate and now seeks to defeat Sephiroth once and for all. He has a 100% kill rate and can break the defenses of Sephiroth only. Otherwise he has a 50% kill rate against a defenseless player.

Defenses: Visits his friends at the 7th Heaven or visits the Forgotten Capital where he returned Aeris to the Lifestream.

Level up: +10% to kill rate.

Squall Leonhart (Gunblade master/SeeD) – A gunblade master and member of the mercenary force SeeD from Balamb Garden. He intends to stop Ultimecia’s plan to cast Time Compression. He has a 50% kill rate against a defenseless player. Every odd night he may cast Scan on a player and find out if they are a Hero or Villain.

Defenses: His friends Zell or Quistis will die for him.

Level up: +25% chance his Scan will find the exact identity a player.

Irvine Kinneas (Sharpshooter) – A sharpshooting ex-member of Galbadia Garden who joined Squall’s group to stop Ultimecia. He has a 75% kill rate against a defenseless player. However, if his attack fails, there is a 75% chance his position will be discovered and his identity will be revealed.

Defenses: 2 times he will hide in a forested area and does target practice.

Level up: -25% chance his location will be revealed if his attack fails.

Zidane Tribal (Thief) - A genome created by Garland who was suppose to take Kuja’s place as the Angel of Death once he reached maturity. Enraged, Kuja left Zidane on Gaia where he joined the Tantalus and became a thief. He is trying to stop Kuja and Garland’s plan to assimilate Gaia with Terra. He has a 50% kill rate against a defenseless player. 1 time only he can activate his trance to use his Dyne ability and get a 100% defense breaking kill against a player. Being a Genome himself, he is immune to being turned into one by Kuja.

Defenses: His friends Blank or Marcus will die for him

Level up: +1 extra chance to use Dyne.

Vivi Orunitia (Black Mage) – A black mage created by Kuja. He escaped his fate of being a mindless puppet of Queen Brahne. After joining Zidane’s group and learning the truth about his existence and coming to terms, he decides to help defeat Kuja and stop his plans and stop him from creating more soulless Black Mages. Only has a 25% kill rate against a defenseless player, however he has access to all magic and can cast them each night.

Defenses: Visits his friends at the Black Mage Village or his friend Steiner will die for him.

Level up: +10% effectiveness to magic spells.

Yuna (Summoner) – A powerful summoner from the town of Bevelle. She has a 50% kill rate against a defenseless player. She has access to all summons and does not suffer from the side effect of summoning.

Defenses: Ixion and Valefor will summon themselves and hide her where she cannot be found.

Level up: +1 chance to summon.

Shadow (Ninja/Assassin) – Has a 50% kill rate against a defenseless player. Every even night, he may send his dog, Interceptor, to spy on a player and have a 50% chance of learning their role. 1 time only, if he knows the exact role of a player he can get a 100% defense breaking kill against them.

Defenses: In true ninja style, will hide amongst the shadows of the night where he cannot be found.

Level up: +10% chance that Interceptor will learn the identity of the player.

Luneth looked at them all, “As you can see the threat is great but we have with us what you will need to allow you to use magic and summons to help you.”

Magic – Each player may choose up to 3 spells (Except Vivi and Kefka) and may not use spells 2 nights in a row (Except Vivi). Each spell has a 50% chance of failing. If the spell fails, you will automatically attack instead but your kill rate will be halved.

Stop - Stops target, causing their night action to be cancelled and if another player targets a stopped player, they get a 100% kill.

Reflect - Reflects a spell back at the caster.

Poison - Poisons the opponent, causing them to die the night after they take an action.

Silence - Makes target unable to use magic the following night.

Berserk - Causes the target to attack a random player that night.

Blind - Cuts target's accuracy in half for that night.

Summons – Each player may choose 1 summon to use. A summon may only be used once. If a summon is used and you are targeted by an opponent, their kill rate will increase by 10% while you are concentrating on performing the summon (Except Yuna and Kefka).

Catoblepas (AKA Shoat) - Demon Eye - 50% chance of petrifying up to 2 defenseless players causing them to be completely immobile the next night but they also cannot be killed the following night. They also cannot cast a day vote the day after they are affected.

Phoenix - Phoenix Flame - If used on the night you are attacked and killed, you will be automatically revived. Has a 50% chance to kill a defenseless player.

Hades - Black Cauldron - Causes 2 random status effects to up to 2 defenseless players.

Bahamut - Mega Flare - Has a 75% kill rate against up to 3 defenseless players.

Each day a vote will be conducted for who we, the Light Warriors, will execute. Vote wisely so that you do not vote for one of your own.

Day and Night will be about 24 hours each. Defenses will be taken as punishment for inactivity. If you have no defenses left, your powers will be cut in half that night. Leniency will be given for the first night and day only.

3DS-luneth2-a.jpg

“So as you can see, each of you has great power at your disposal. We wish you luck in helping to take down those terrorizing our kingdom.”

The 12 warriors all looked at each other before separating to prepare for the night.

Recruiter: Warriors of Light

1) Kathleen

2) Mekal

3) Panther

4) Reaymond

5) frozen_in_fire

6) RainThinker

7) Limeliam

8) Puzzlegirl

9) dsm172

10) star_tiger

11) crazypainter

12) Silverheart

The night now begins. Send in your PMs for your night actions. Since this is my first time hosting, it is possible that I have forgotten something or I may make a mistake or 2, so bare with me on this. If anything here confused you or you have a question about something, feel free to send me a PM asking me. Role PM's are on their way!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes, and for those of you that have to choose your magic and summons, send that with your initial night PM.

Kefka and Vivi do not have to send in magic choices since they have access to use all magic.

Yuna does not have to send in summons since she has access to use all summons.

ok I have read on up and am ready for battle! I think my rest may have strengthened me. Or at least cleared the cobwebs from my head.

OH can I ride a giant turkey too?

Edited by crazypainter

ok I have read on up and am ready for battle! I think my rest may have strengthened me. Or at least cleared the cobwebs from my head.

OH can I ride a giant turkey too?

they are not giant turkeys CP... :P yes all the heroes can ride these "giant turkeys" - so you can - unless your a villain :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I'm a little confused (which is a normal state for me)...please tell me the actions we can choose from each night. I realize that each character has different options, but what are the common options that all players can choose from; like Defend, Attack, etc?

I'm a little confused (which is a normal state for me)...please tell me the actions we can choose from each night. I realize that each character has different options, but what are the common options that all players can choose from; like Defend, Attack, etc?

Attack, Defend, Magic, or Summon.

Unless you're a character that has another special ability such as Ultimecia or Zidane.

Found something I didn't quite clarify.

Each player only has 2 defenses (Except for Ultimate Evil in which the players that aren't attacking will be automatically defending).

Edited by Prince_Marth85

Just to ask, How many FF games have you played? you have unknown characters to me, and i have player FFIII on DS, FFVII & FFVIII on PS1, and FFXII on my DS :P

1-9, Tactics, Tactics Advance, Tactics A2, and probably a few others that I'm forgetting. As well as Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II, and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories.

And since you have FFIII you apparently can relate somewhat with the prologue :D

Edited by Prince_Marth85

1-9, Tactics, Tactics Advance, Tactics A2, and probably a few others that I'm forgetting. As well as Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II, and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories.

And since you have FFIII you apparently can relate somewhat with the prologue :D

yes, the prologue seem rather familiar to me ;)

AW, it's so CUTE! Mine will be named Renard (French for Fox :D) ANYWAY that's enough nonsense posts...

So the rules are pretty much the same, just a question, if you use a spell or summon, thats like no defense right?

<(^-^)>

*pictures a tiger riding an ostrich....*

:D Can't wait to start :)

That'll need to be quite a big ostrich...I shall name it QWERTY FIDGET! Try saying that really fast...

I'm so excited for FFB! Just sent in my night post B)) Watch me get killed on the first night... <_<

I see some confusion with night actions so I'll clarify as best I can here.

Each night you may chose 1 of 4 options:

1) Attack - Select a player to attack. If you have a special power then specify how you wish to use it.

Special powers:

Ultimecia: Control a person's night action - Send in who you wish to control and what you want them to do. You may chose any of the 4 actions: Attack, Defend, Cast Magic, or Summon. If you wish to have them attack, cast magic or summon, include who you want them to target. If you wish to have them use a magic let me know so that I can give you the list of spells they have left. If they have chosen a multi-target summon, I will let you know that so you may chose the targets. If you chose to have them summon and they have already used their summon, the mind control will fail.

Squall Leonhart: Scan - In addition to his night action, on odd nights he may also scan a player and learn if they are a hero or a villain.

Zidane Tribal: Trance - 1 time per game (unless he levels up) he can use his Trance ability Dyne to get a 100% defense breaking kill on a player.

Shadow: Interceptor - Every even night in addition to his attack, he may send Interceptor to spy on someone and possibly learn their identity.

2) Defend - Use a defense, if you defend, you cannot be killed unless you are manipulated by Ultimecia and made to do some other action or a player uses a defense breaking kill. Every character has only 2 defense uses. The 2 non attacking players of Ultimate Evil have unlimited automatic defenses.

3) Cast Magic - Each night but not 2 nights in a row, you may use 1 spell of your 3 spell choices. If you use a spell, you may not use it again during the game so choose wisely. Vivi and Kefka have access to all spells and Vivi can elect to use a spell every night.

4) Summon - You may chose to use the summon you have chosen. You may only use a summon one time for the entire game. Yuna may be able to use summons more than once if she levels up.

I hope that clears up things. If you still have any questions, feel free to PM me and ask.

Edit: Spelling/More clarification for Ultimecia

Edited by Prince_Marth85