BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

The only thing I don't like about this is the 7, since I haven't had past success with that number. The answer to this is very funny. It's even funnier if you know where I got it from.

You have no control over me.

I am a prefix to the cons of the sum of a series.

I am almost a tent.

There are seven of me.

Edited by runder_1111

19 answers to this question

Well i think
my girlfriend

lol

There are seven of me.

week?

Nope. I've done this one a bit weird. I probably could have worded it better and I just realised I made a mistake....

NOTE:There should be a : after to and a , after series. I guess I was a bit clumsy when I typed this. So it should look like....

You have no control over me.

I am a prefix to: the cons of the sum of a series,

I am almost a tent.

There are seven of me.

Some guidance: everything, except the first line, in each part of this riddle gives you a hint to the letters/parts of a word to get the answer. That doesn't mean discard the first line. I'll say there are 5 parts, cause I don't think it's stated clear enough in the riddle. The fifth emphasises parts 2, 3 and 4. I think that's all I have to say for now.

Edited by runder_1111

I could be on the completely wrong track, but let's see.

The prefix to a colon is the letter 'C'.

The cons of the sum of a series is the constant of Integration (the sum of an infinite series)...

and sure enough C is the constant of integration.

I haven't figured out the tent part, but the are seven C's or 7 seas...

And noone can control the sea.

I think the answer is the sea. Now, explain the tent section if that is right please. =D Also, if that worked... I am surely Jesus.

I could be on the completely wrong track, but let's see.

The prefix to a colon is the letter 'C'.

The cons of the sum of a series is the constant of Integration (the sum of an infinite series)...

and sure enough C is the constant of integration.

I haven't figured out the tent part, but the are seven C's or 7 seas...

And noone can control the sea.

I think the answer is the sea. Now, explain the tent section if that is right please. =D Also, if that worked... I am surely Jesus.

That is not what I intended the colon to be for, however you are not right. I wasn't thinking sum to infinity, so it's not C. Think of the simplest sum of a series. Sum to 'n' might be more clear? Remember the riddle is split up into 5 parts

You have no control over me. -you've already said it; this is the hint.

I am a prefix to: the cons of the sum of a series, - the sum of the series is limit or finite? but it said that CONS of it. it must be its opposite. so it's either UNlimited/INfinite?

I am almost a tent. - I don't know how to squeeze the answer out to this one.

There are seven of me. - there are lots of things that numbered to seven.. it may be week (like what ive said), or dwarfs, continents....?

wait a minute... is it continents?!

Edited by SarahJhane

You have no control over me. -you've already said it; this is the hint.

I am a prefix to: the cons of the sum of a series, - the sum of the series is limit or finite? but it said that CONS of it. it must be its opposite. so it's either UNlimited/INfinite?

I am almost a tent. - I don't know how to squeeze the answer out to this one.

There are seven of me. - there are lots of things that numbered to seven.. it may be week (like what ive said), or dwarfs, continents....?

wait a minute... is it continents?!

Gee, you seemed to be hard at work there. I must say you almost have the whole word. The last line sums up from the the cons to the sum of a series to a tent. I think the hardest part is the control and prefix.....and you got the wrong idea with cons and the series. However, you did get the prefix part but I don't know if you meant it. But good work in getting most of the word

is it incontinence?

of course, if you have it, you cant control it!

Do you see where the : comes in now? I got the idea from Monty Python. When I worked out what it meant, I couldn't stop laughing. Can you make out how I came up with the 2 middle lines?

Edited by runder_1111

oh yeah and it's pretty much easier than your 8th riddle.

I dont know who monty python is ( ive made a quick search), and you almost look like one...

I mean getting those ideas. youre funny.

i should have known this: You have no control over me

im a med stude! Pity me.

OMG! O.o At that moment watchin that clip, I experienced bein one of those guards;

And if laughing is an offense, I could have been killed.

I am a prefix to: the cons of the sum of a series,

--It's obviously IN is the word you referred to the prefix.. did you meant to include blantanly the words "the CONS" into your riddle? I really cant explain how you came up to include it. But the sum of a series is finite.

I am almost a tent.

---inconTINence or inCONTINENT.. TIN/TINENT is almost TENT?

You have no control over me. You already got that. It's referring to the : below.

I am a prefix to: the cons of the sum of a series, You got the prefix, IN. I was thinking INto. I meant to blatantly include cons. I was thinking sum of a series as in the formula(what I learned in maths) Sn=a + (n-1)d. The thing I was hoping to get there was the Sn. Sn is tin on the periodic table.

I am almost a tent.I literally meant almost a tent

There are seven of me.And this pretty much gave it away

Then you add it all together to get in con tin ent (I wasn't thinking incontinence, but that wouldn't have made it any easier). The last line, as you can see, spells continent

Edited by runder_1111

I got a whole heap of ideas. I just don't find any of them really interesting. I'll post another riddle that I heard now. It's a maths one but its gotta be one of my favourite ones. I just hope it hasn't been posted before. I couldn't find it so we'll see.