BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

andromeda

Question

Inside the house everything is burned down,

But the house is still standing without any damage.

Meat lobe with

Iron pastry to go.

Dead I may be

But through the

Woods I roam

To pull out

All the beasts.

BIG HINT (right away, if you don't want to know, don't look)

Old Serbian riddles. I'll give you a head start this time. Those are all small items!

:)

Inside the house everything is burned down,

But the house is still standing without any damage.

Meat lobe with

Iron pastry to go.

Dead I may be

But through the

Woods I roam

To pull out

All the beasts.

BIG HINT (right away, if you don't want to know, don't look)

Old Serbian riddles. I'll give you a head start this time. Those are all small items!

fire (#1)??

I know this was answer to another one, but I'm thinking candle or lamp

Nice thinking but...

In the case of a CANDLE house is nowhere to be found. And in the case of the LAMP the oil inside the lamp is burning on the outside. In this case the "house" is burned on the inside and after that it's still standing!

EDIT: After a bit of thinking I'll accept your second guess as an alternative answer on #1!

Edited by andromeda

Ok for number 3, I'm thinking some sort of basket for picking out fruit or something. It roams through the woods cause it's being carried? I was thinking wheelbarrow but that isn't small.

A match or a fireplace? The fireplace doesn't burn down but I don't think they had matches back then.....

That's the best I got so far.

A match or a fireplace? The fireplace doesn't burn down but I don't think they had matches back then.....

That's the best I got so far.

Ok for number 3, I'm thinking some sort of basket for picking out fruit or something. It roams through the woods cause it's being carried? I was thinking wheelbarrow but that isn't small.

First one is a no...

All of these three items can fit into your hand, well not quite fit but you can easily hold them (small items).

Second one...

you are very close. I'll check if they had some kind of matches.

EDIT: OK here it is

Matches appeared in Europe by about 1530, yet the first modern, self- igniting match was invented in 1805

Edited by andromeda

I'm thinking spear. Unless I'm thinking too far back. Otherwise, some sort of garden tool? A pick? or even a shovel

Since I didn't get number 1 right and I couldn't think of any other way to light a match, or for that matter any other kind of match where you stroke it on the gauze thingy.... I would have to say a cigar or pipe. I don't think cigars, but pipes were definitely around.

Edited by runder_1111

No...

Spoiler for ...:

think smaller, don't think of woods but something resembling and beasts come around in all sizes! ;)

Since I didn't get number 1 right and I couldn't think of any other way to light a match, or for that matter any other kind of match where you stroke it on the gauze thingy.... I would have to say a cigar or pipe. I don't think cigars, but pipes were definitely around.

I'm thinking spear. Unless I'm thinking too far back. Otherwise, some sort of garden tool? A pick? or even a shovel

YES! Check inside your spoiler! :D

Edited by andromeda

You got me stumped on number 3. I see no one has touched number 2. The pastry has got me thinking pie. But on a more serious note, the meat could be steak which could be a stake? or some sort of peg

:huh: it could be made out of iron. Not quite sure what a lobe is

I don't know if it has to be word specific, but a spade? You know, like one of those kiddy toys.

and I can't believe I actually got one right. Unlike the other ones where I was half right.

Edited by runder_1111

well when you say it like that.

to pull out could mean to bring forth like carving it to bring out lots of different animals and i think the rest is self explanatory

;)

One kind of animal and eliminating all of the animals from the "woods"!! And literally PULL OUT!

Edited by andromeda

and I can't believe I actually got one right. Unlike the other ones where I was half right.

You got me stumped on number 3. I see no one has touched number 2. The pastry has got me thinking pie. But on a more serious note, the meat could be steak which could be a stake? or some sort of peg
:huh: it could be made out of iron. Not quite sure what a lobe is

I don't know if it has to be word specific, but a little spade? You know, like one of those kiddy toys. I don't know how different it is from a shovel but worth the try.

Did you see this? And could you explain ^ that one. I didn't understand what you two were talking about for number 3.

Edited by runder_1111

Did you see this? And could you explain ^ that one. I didn't understand what you two were talking about for number 3.

I don't know if it has to be word specific, but a little spade? You know, like one of those kiddy toys. I don't know how different it is from a shovel but worth the try.

No... Dawq has it and after you see the answer you'll understand what we were talking about. ;)

ABOUT THE iron pastry

I read your attempts and they are incorrect... What hint to give in order not to give it away... It's the smallest item out of three.

'

now i want to say pistil, but I'm sure they didn't have those.

is it a weapon? B))

No... not really and I wouldn't use it for that purpose! Dawq has it! :)

a comb?

You got it!

It's a comb pulling the lice out of the hair.