Black seeds,

Wise head

Sows when

In need.

Four feet, but two shoes,

I run fast, I run smooth.

Four brothers are chasing each other,

With the same speed, nobody wins.

These are old Serbian riddles... no modern electronic devices OK!

:)

Edited by andromeda

lol yea I fixed it. But I gotta credit this to Nikyma and dms. I just put the pieces together. So just number 2 now?

Cats? Don't know how they put shoes on cats though....I would like to see someone try.

edit: It could be a meercat. The shoes may be referring to standing on two feet. I might be reading into this too much....They didn't have the lion king back then.

Wait, it has to be an inanimate object....dw bout what I just said then.

edit for a third time: It could be a ladder?

Edited by runder_1111

lol yea I fixed it. But I gotta credit this to Nikyma and dms. I just put the pieces together. So just number 2 now?

Cats? Don't know how they put shoes on cats though....I would like to see someone try.

edit: It could be a meercat. The shoes may be referring to standing on two feet. I might be reading into this too much....They didn't have the lion king back then.

Wait, it has to be an inanimate object....dw bout what I just said then.

edit for a third time: It could be a ladder?

No. :)

All of the four feet are on the ground waring two shoes! Just imagine it as the riddle says! The ladder idea is a good one but there you have two feet on the ground and two in the air!

;)

In the original riddle it's about wearing Serbian peasant shoes!!! But since that can't mean much to you, here's the photo!

I hope this helps! :)

Edited by andromeda

No. :)

I hope this helps! :)

All of the four feet are on the ground waring two shoes! Just imagine it as the riddle says! The ladder idea is a good one but there you have two feet on the ground and two in the air!
;)

In the original riddle it's about wearing Serbian peasant shoes!!! But since that can't mean much to you, here's the photo!

this has to be a baby- they crawl a round but still only have 2 shoes

This is my first post in these forums.

An automobile with two drum brakes and two disk brakes (quite typical). Drum brakes use shoes, and disk brakes use pads. I guess I would have to add the caveat that the car is tuned, so it will run fast and smooth.

Nyquist

this has to be a baby- they crawl a round but still only have 2 shoes

No.

the second part implies to me that it could be some kind of mechanical object? maybe a robot or something?

OLD SERBIAN RIDDLES! No robots! :lol:

not exactly inanimate
a horse with a man on it?

or a mother carryin a baby possibly?

No.

First one isn't so smooth...

It's literally smooth and fast!

okay i'm pretty sure this is actually incorrect because I can't quite make the shoes fit in it in my mind but...

a sewing machine...

:huh: (I think that it kinda has just one paddle or something, but nice thinking)

This is my first post in these forums.

An automobile with two drum brakes and two disk brakes (quite typical). Drum brakes use shoes, and disk brakes use pads. I guess I would have to add the caveat that the car is tuned, so it will run fast and smooth.

Nyquist

Welcome to the Den!!! OLD SERBIAN RIDDLES. I'm pretty sure I mention it in the spoiler when I posted this topic, if not I apologize! It's a no.

obviously its the world championship wheelbarrow race
:P

Hahahah... well it doesn't run that smooth or fast but it does fit the time when the riddle was invented but NO!

Have you checked

the

SHOES! Just put 4 feet in them... what do you see... Think simple...

:)

edit:

is it fast as in speed, or fast as in like stuck?

is it feet as in a length?

Sorry I didn't emphasized that. Since I live in Europe we have the metric system so I never think of feet as length. :blush:

i am not sure about this but maybe giants

cuz if each foot is 2 feet long then you have 4 feet in 2 shoes

and they're definitely fast.

No... :)

Skis or sledge, something that moves on ice ?

Yes! Not the first one but the second!

Back in the days winters were cold with a lot of snow fall so people used horse sledges to move fast and smooth!

Yippee! That's that with this set I'm posting the next one! :D