BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

andromeda

Question

This is my thousandth post and I prepared a humungous riddle but decided not to post it. Instead I did something more personal... In the next seven topics I’ll present you 21 Serbian riddle. Translated by yours truly. :) These riddles were passed on by generations. Most of them consist of archaic words. They are very simple, poetic and insightful. Most of them were just word games, hence impossible to translate. These, that I did manage to translate, are not literal translations. They are more and less true to the original, but I think I did a fair job and managed to keep their spark. I hope you’ll enjoy them...

I can walk across the sea,

Without wetting my feet.

Sitting in a trench,

Outside the city,

Hair is touching the sky,

But it ain’t pretty.

Bird without teeth,

The whole white

World can eat.

:)

Just a quick update: (I hate having to go back to the first page so i can see the riddle)

Without wetting my feet.

(moonlight)

Sitting in a trench,

Outside the city,

But it ain’t pretty.

Bird without teeth,

The whole white

World can eat.

Just a quick update: (I hate having to go back to the first page so i can see the riddle)

Without wetting my feet.

(moonlight)

Sitting in a trench,

Outside the city,

But it ain’t pretty.

Bird without teeth,

The whole white

World can eat.

Go to the options button (next to the rate button) and switch to the LINEAR

it could be milk and babies

The previous answers were FIRE AND SMOKE and MOON, I kinda group the answers together by similarity of their answers. When I say WHITE think bigger (much bigger) when I say a BIRD think as big as it can get (not the bird but the thing that personification stands for!!!)

:)

Edited by andromeda

Hahaha,great,I didn't believe I'll see one of my fellow countrymen here...Odlicna ideja za zagonetke,svaka cast...ja se toga nikad ne bih setio...

(Don't take that countryMEN thing personal,I know you're a girl ;) )

Edited by Wlado

Hahaha,great,I didn't believe I'll see one of my fellow countrymen here...Odlicna ideja za zagonetke,svaka cast...ja se toga nikad ne bih setio...

Ma to mi je bio hiljaditi post, pa reko' da uradim nešto specijalno! E, prati ove zagonetke, nisam baš sigurna da sam ih najbolje prevela, ali sam sigurna da ćeš ih prepoznati! Ne mogu da verujem da odgovaram na srpskom :lol: :lol: :lol: