BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

peace*out

Question

13 Days...

First day: One rainy morning then a fine afternoon

Second day: fine morning then rainy afternoon

Remaining days: all rainy except the last fine afternoon.

in this case, your vacation may b 1000 days. with fine days inserted anywhere between and around the rainy ones...

So 13 Days is the less possible number of days...

Edited by roolstar

Is this even possible? You cannot have a rainy morning and rainy afternoon according to the OP. Therefore, you have to have at least 23 rainy days (assuming 1 day begins with the a.m. and ends with the p.m.)

Without the requirement for rainy mornings and rainy afternoons, then the answer would be:

However, since I can't alter the OP, I have to see if my reasoning holds up

EDIT: Common sense knocked--I finally answered

Edited by Mumbles140

First of all, as someone pointed out this is an impossible question. The vacation could have been 5 years long, since you don't tell us how many clear days there were etc.

Secondly (And i see this the only way to get at what the OP wanted), the only way I see it being possible to fit your conditions is if "fine" has nothing to do with whether it rained or not. So following this logic, it rained multiple times a day. If "fine" means it did not rain, it is impossible to fit all of your conditions. It couldn't have rained on only 13 days, and at the same time have rained on 12 mornings and 11 afternoons.

So either 13, or 23. Depending on how you use fine. And not counting the unknown number of clear days.

Edited by Noct

Either I don't get it... Or there's something missing because I can't fit 12 rainy mornings and 11 rainy afternoons in 13 days, with the given conditions...

HINT???

This makes my head hurt so much.... either it's 13 or 23, but without a definite number of days of how long the vaction it would be 13 + x = the vacation

if it rained for 13 days all together - 12 times it rained in the morning and 11 times it rained in the afternoon and it either rains in the morning or the afternoon- the vacation has to be 26 days - for everyday it rains there is a nice day...i think...im confused now

First of all, as someone pointed out this is an impossible question. The vacation could have been 5 years long, since you don't tell us how many clear days there were etc.

Secondly (And i see this the only way to get at what the OP wanted), the only way I see it being possible to fit your conditions is if "fine" has nothing to do with whether it rained or not. So following this logic, it rained multiple times a day. If "fine" means it did not rain, it is impossible to fit all of your conditions. It couldn't have rained on only 13 days, and at the same time have rained on 12 mornings and 11 afternoons.

So either 13, or 23. Depending on how you use fine. And not counting the unknown number of clear days.

Hear hear

During vacation it rained on 13 days

Every rainy morning was followed by a fine afternoon

Every rainy afternoon was preceded by a fine morning

There were 12 rainy mornings, and

11 rainy afternoons.

How long was the vacation?? :D:wacko::blink:

Please read carefully.

It rained on 13 days.

Simple enough.

Every rainy morning was followed by a fine afternoon (this is one full day)

Every rainy afternoon was PRECEDED (not followed) by a fine morning (this is one full day)

This means that no days were raining both morning and afternoon.

There were 12 rainy mornings and 11 rainy afternoons

This is impossible because this would mean it rained 23 days total considering a rainy morning and a rainy afternoon can not take place in the same day.

Basically you are stating:

It rained on 13 days.

There were 12 rainy days plus another 11 rainy days.

11+12 =/= 13