BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Hello.

I’ve been thinking about hosting something different, and so has emerged this, "THE NUMBER GAME".

After around 12-20 people sign up, everyone is asked to PM a number from 1 to the number that is half the number of players. Then all the people who chose a number that no-one else did, get to stay in the game and everyone else is out. The process is continued until we have one or a few winners, depending on how the game pans out. So the idea is to pick a number you think no-one else will… kind of like a reverse of Taliesin’s Common Answers quiz.

If you like it let me know and sign up if you wish and if you have any ideas for improvement or suggestions, please post.

Thanks,

Asiya

• Answers 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

OK, sure. Thanks, lemonymelon.

Host: Lemonymelon

1) mafrofro

2) Peace*out

3) GC

4) dms

5) Panther

6) Ben Law

7) PG

8) Cherry Lane

and what happens if no one picks a unique number?

yes i was thinking about that.

First, I think that to make that less likely, we'll have to up the number of choices to begin wit. Also, it'll be the number/s with the fewest people. And if all the numbers had the same number of people we'd just have to repeat the round, I suppose.

1) mafrofro

2) Peace*out

3) GC

4) dms

5) Panther

6) Ben Law

7) PG

8) Cherry Lane

9) Reaymanator

10) JarZe

11) HoustonHokie

12) FIF

13) clozobozo

wait for me! please...!

Okay thirteen that could work. I need to sort out the final rules in a bit and then we'll play. This is just kind of a trial; we shall see if it works...

(edit: but plz feel free to sign up if i dont have the final rules up)

Also, peace*out asked if she could host a similar game soon so I'm just giving her some free advertising for when it starts!

Edited by lemonymelon

THE NUMBER GAME

Rules

Once prompted by PM, follow the instructions, which will be something along the lines of:

Please reply with any whole number from one to (a number) inclusive.

The choices of integer will be from 1 to the number that is approximately ¾ of the number of players, but you'll be told in the PM what the highest number is.

Then when all players have replied with their choice of number, I'll group all the people who chose each integer together. The group(s) with the fewest people will remain in the game and everyone else is out.

This will keep going until we have one, two or three winners (or when it's too difficult to cut the number of players down anymore)

Hope that's clear.

LMx

The Final Roster

1) mafrofro

2) Peace*out

3) GC

4) dms

5) Panther

6) Ben Law

7) PG

8) Cherry Lane

9) Reaymanator

10) JarZe

11) HoustonHokie

12) FIF

13) clozobozo

Edited by lemonymelon

Then when all players have replied with their choice of number, I'll group all the people who chose each integer together. The group(s) with the fewest people will remain in the game and everyone else is out.

In that case if only 1 person selects, let's say '8", then everyone else is out and he wins in round 1.

I think you should make it such that The group(s) with the most people is out while others remain.

EDIT: restructured sentence

Edited by Ben Law

In that case if only 1 person selects, let's say '8", then everyone else is out and he wins in round 1. I this you should make it such that only the highest number of guesses group goes out.

Hmm.. OK let's go with that. It'll last a bit longer I think.

Thanks Ben.

NEW RULE: The group(s) with the highest number of people are out.

(whereas the old rule was the group(s) with the lowest number of people weren't out.)

Update: i still need 3 pm replies but I probably have to leave soon, so the results might not be up till tomorrow.

Thanks

LMx

edit: just 2 left

Edited by lemonymelon