BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Death Note Mafia

Yoruichi-san

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryuk, you should target dawh, JS, or FotH tonight. Misa and my Kira will leave them to you. We have other fish to fry. Misa has a few tricks up her sleeve then she's off to Sleepy-Land. Toodles.

Phew. Glad Ryuk went for GC instead. Sorry that you're dead GC, but at least they wasted a DN on you.

Okay I just saw the names in Prof. T's post, and looking back at the votes from Day 1, something just struck me as odd.

What was that? My only thought (and I'll say it because it benefits me! ;) ) is that, if PT was so focussed on getting the Shinigami to choose a different TF to themselves, he might have let slip realTF names and therefore, can we assume that dawh, JS and myself are most likely innocent?

Of course, he could have thrown Light's name in, but we need to remember that Ryuk is trying to find Light to win. Giving Light's name to Ryuk would be a foolish move if he then used his Shinigami eyes on someone in that list. He could, however, have put Ryuk's name in there knowing that Ryuk would see his own name... My conclusion is that dawh and JS (and obviously myself!) are less likely to be DNH.

Lastly, I think we can probably assume that the three of us were less likely to have been the DNH's target last night, because they are trying to maximise kills and don't want the same thing to happen tomorrow night as it did tonight. If they had killed someone immediately last night, then Ryuk would have known, but as they left it to tomorrow night, I think we can assume that the list is not last night's DNH target.

Aizawa, please set a trap for Dawh to vote for Prof. T tomorrow. If he is an innocent he will vote for Prof. T like the rest of us, and Aizawa will be able to confirm his identity, which benefits us. If he is a DNH or Shinigami, he will be hesitant to vote because he will be trapped, and then we will know his true colors. This way we definitely get to check someone without risking giving up the true names of Mellow or Near. It is the perfect opportunity to set a trap. If I die tonight... at least I will have made a contribution to the task force.

Because of that I would caution Aizawa about going along with Sinistral's plan... Light might just have chosen dawh, so when Aizawa sets his trap on him thinking he will vote for PT, it might be chnged without us knowing and Aizawa's trap wouldn't work then. Just a thought on that.

Have just realised that this is a bit academic now as the rules (I have a big copy printed off now because I have to refer to them so often :D!) say that Aizawa sets their trap at night so we're all a bit late to advise. However, I think I agree with JS in that he shouldn't go after dawh: based on my analysis above, I think it would be better to go for someone who we know nothing about. On the other hand, I do think that dawh is unlikely to have been last nights target....let's hope that Aizawa made a good choice...

L, did you know that Shinigami like to eat apples? Apples are the colour Red. If the Shinigami do not eat apples - there may be a change in their behaviour.

Lastly, what about that note? Could there be some secret conditions placed on the Shinigami that the DNH know about? Do apples have an extra effect other than saving TF? I'm confused :unsure:

This bit's easy!

Shinigami King: Y

Roster:

1) Dawh

2) Prof. Templeton

3) Sinistral

4) Cherry Lane

5) Grey Cells - DEAD [?] written into Death Note by DNH

6) Itachi-san

7) Brandonb - DEAD [L] written into Rem's Death Note

8) Joe's Student

9) Rene83

10) Woon

11) FoolontheHill - voting for Prof. Templeton

12) Ben Law - DEAD [Rem] sacrificed himself to save Misa

Yes, I agree the voting is easy today! Sometimes we have to worry about whether the known baddie is the right one to lynch, but in this case I think he is. Especially since Ryuk can't write a death note tonight.

The message was addressed to L: was it a warning to us, rather than a message to Ryuk?

Roster:

1) Dawh

2) Prof. Templeton

3) Sinistral

4) Cherry Lane - voting for Prof. Templeton

6) Itachi-san

8) Joe's Student - voting for Prof. Templeton

9) Rene83

10) Woon

edit: Added JS's vote - he said it was his vote, but didn't put it on the list.

Edited by Cherry Lane

Yes, I agree the voting is easy today! Sometimes we have to worry about whether the known baddie is the right one to lynch, but in this case I think he is. Especially since Ryuk can't write a death note tonight.

The message was addressed to L: was it a warning to us, rather than a message to Ryuk?

I think sometimes (like GC in Cruise Ship Mafia) it's not worth killing a baddie becuase he's not a danger to us, but with PT we need to get rid of him today so he can't use his Shinigami eyes tonight.

I think the message was definitely written to L/Task Force. They didn't know that Ryuk would end up picking the same target tonight and the only reason Ryuk picked up the message was because it fitted the story line. I'm just really keen to know what it means.

Roster:

1) Dawh

2) Prof. Templeton

3) Sinistral

6) Itachi-san

9) Rene83-voting for Prof. Templeton

10) Woon

All the reasons are here for Prof Temp. no need to restate my case or the facts :)

I am still wondering about Woon however. Not sure if it may be a little bit of neophyteness or if woon is a baddie with the random vote... sorry woon I know how it is, if you vote for whoever the majority is then you get turned on for bandwagoning, if its random you are assumed to be a baddie... any explanation for your first vote so I may erase you from my suspicions?

Ryuk doesn't want to play along. :angry: My Kira :wub: says if pasty-face won't play with Misa and Light, then he should go. You should have gone after someone on the list Ryuk then you might have lasted to the end.

Roster:

1) Dawh

2) Prof. Templeton [Misa] - voting for Rene83

3) Sinistral

6) Itachi-san

9) Rene83 - voting for Prof. Templeton

10) Woon

Ryuk doesn't want to play along. :angry: My Kira :wub: says if pasty-face won't play with Misa and Light, then he should go. You should have gone after someone on the list Ryuk then you might have lasted to the end.

Roster:

1) Dawh

3) Sinistral

6) Itachi-san

10) Woon

I think that Misa may have just thrown his toys out of the pram. That's a feisty one you've got there Light - I'd be careful of her!

But more seriously, am I to understand rene = Ryuk?

edit: She was certainly keen to push suspicion onto woon, despite that fact that I already (at least in part) excused him for voting for me.....

Edited by foolonthehill

Roster:

1) Dawh - voting for Prof. Templeton

3) Sinistral

6) Itachi-san

10) Woon

I'm not sure why Sinistral thought that Aizawa should investigate me, but I guess it's a good thing for the Task Force members to know each other. Since pretty much everyone is going to vote for the Prof, Aizawa had the pick of the litter on whose identity he wants. I have to say that I was surprised to see my name on the list that Misa provided and frankly I'm not quite sure what to make of it at this point.

I think that Misa may have just thrown his toys out of the pram. That's a feisty one you've got there Light - I'd be careful of her!

But more seriously, am I to understand rene = Ryuk?

edit: She was certainly keen to push suspicion onto woon, despite that fact that I already (at least in part) excused him for voting for me.....

No i am not Ryuk. I am a very important part of the Task force and the Task force does NOT want to lose me. i repeat you do not want to lose me. prof Temp is just trying to get suspicion off of himself >:/

I think that Misa may have just thrown her toys out of the pram.

:lol: Misa hasn't heard that one in a while. If the Task force leaves Ryuk, then Ryuk will win when they try to lynch my Kira :wub: If my Light loses to Ryuk then you will see a tantrum. Misa is quite capable when it comes to tantrums. :excl: I see Ryuk is being coy. Misa will surely be voted for today and I'll gladly sacrifice myself for Light, so I have little to lose. But if the Task Force doesn't take care of Ryuk then Misa will lose her Light too. :(

Note: L, did you know that Shinigami like to eat apples? ;) Apples are the colour Red. :P If the Shinigami do not eat apples - there may be a change in their behaviour.

I'm thinking that this note wasn't written last night but on Night 1 when GC's name was written in the Death Note. It was a message for L who was alive at that stage. Might have meant nothing, just something to confuse the TaskForce with or it might mean something substantial...

Edit:Thanks CL for adding my vote, was in a hurry this morning :) .

Edited by Joe's Student

I'm thinking that this note wasn't written last night but on Night 1 when GC's name was written in the Death Note. It was a message for L who was alive at that stage. Might have meant nothing, just something to confuse the TaskForce with or it might mean something substantial...

Edit:Thanks CL for adding my vote, was in a hurry this morning :) .

Oh, good point about when the note might have been written. Maybe we need some rule clarification here, but I think you're right about the timing.

Roster:

3) Sinistral

6) Itachi-san - voting for Prof. Templeton

10) Woon

Well, it seems there isn't much of a choice today. I'd like to get someone else actually, but Misa clearly has to go.

Ryuk, you must know you can't win with your current vote. Your only option is to vote like Misa. ;) Yes you will be outed, but Misa and Light can protect you. Without Misa Light has no eyes. If Light is forced to get eyes the Task Force will know him. If this happens the TF will surely lynch you tommorow so you don't win. Vote like Misa, and my Kira :wub: and I will protect you until the end. This is the only way you can win. Beware! Misa knows that the TF has more information then they are sharing. You must change your vote to have any chance.

Ryuk, you must know you can't win with your current vote. Your only option is to vote like Misa. ;) Yes you will be outed, but Misa and Light can protect you. Without Misa Light has no eyes. If Light is forced to get eyes the Task Force will know him. If this happens the TF will surely lynch you tommorow so you don't win. Vote like Misa, and my Kira :wub: and I will protect you until the end. This is the only way you can win. Beware! Misa knows that the TF has more information then they are sharing. You must change your vote to have any chance.

So it appears that Prof Temp knows his other half is voting against him to save their own you know what.... very interesting... or is it all a ploy?

So it appears that Prof Temp knows his other half is voting against him to save their own you know what.... very interesting... or is it all a ploy?

:lol: HeHe, No. My Light will surely change his vote to be like Misa in the End. It is Ryuk that must come out and Vote like Misa. It is Ryuk's only option to not die tomorrow. :( Do not be afraid to show yourself, Ryuk.

Don't forget Ryuk, Misa knows who you are. ;) If you don't out yourself willingly by changing your vote so my Light and I can protect you, Misa will tell the Task Force who you are (but I think they know already) and you will surely die tomorrow. Misa will be gone for awhile, I urge you to make a wise choice, the only choice, and change your vote to match Misa's. We have the eyes, we can work together. It hinges on you. The task force can not harm us if you vote with me. They are weak and easily manipulated. ;) Toodles.

Roster:

3) Sinistral

10) Woon - voting for Prof. Templeton

What Prof. T has said worries me and makes me believe that I might be manipulated and my vote does not matter, but here it is just in case. It should be safe to assume that GC was not Matsuda, otherwise the DNH would not have gone through the trouble of giving multiple names. I think they would have told Ryuk to just target one person and give out the least amount of information, but because of the possibility of Matsuda's apple, they would need to give multiple targets to throw Matsuda off. If GC was Matsuda they would have known this because they wrote his name the day before, so they would have also known that GC was dying and there would be no apple. Because of this, I thought that maybe one or two of the names would be fake targets... a name that Ryuk would recognize not to target but one that Matsuda would not. Out of those three I thought dawh was most suspicious because of the voting from day 1, but Woon is also on my suspicion list as well. I am not sure what to make of the note on GC right now.

Roster:

3) Sinistral - voting for Prof. Templeton

Roster:

1) Dawh - voting for Rene83

3) Sinistral - voting for Prof. Templeton

An excellent choice Ryuk. You have made the right decision. You, me and Misa will be one big happy family. We will all live to see the new world I have created. I will even throw in some apples for you. I am Kira, after all. Rem's sacrifice will not be for nothing.

deathnote2436LG.jpg

Muahahaahaha! I win, L!

Imagine my surprise when you chose me as your decoy! I had no choice but to play along! Hahhahahahaaaahaaaa! Such a clever plan it was, L, but it put me in an excellent position within the task force! Your trap was brilliant, and poor Misa was so eager to help me that she fell right into it. But it seems that Rem messed up your plans quite a bit! And Ryuk has made the right decision. There is nothing the Task Force can do about it now.

Roster:

1) Dawh - voting for Rene83

3) Sinistral - voting for Rene83

Ryuk, you do not have to worry about me betraying my promise to you. As long as Misa is alive, I have no reason to. We will all survive in the end. But just in case you get some crazy notion of changing your vote at the last minute and pretending to be Light and lynch me as Ryuk... I will make the following prediction that only the true Light would know. Besides, the eyes will probably give me away tonight anyway.

Itachi-san will be killed by a ninja named Sasuke.

This really is the best possible outcome for you at this point in the game, Ryuk. I am glad you have seen the Light, and I am sorry if my tactics were a bit forceful near the end, but we will have a joint DNH/Shinigami victory now.