BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Death Note Mafia

Yoruichi-san

Wow, and I had such great plans for tonight's post...

Oh well, dying in order to take down two baddies with me...

and releasing the hounds Near and Mellow...

and following along with the true storyline...

I couldn't have imagined a better way to die...

Good luck TF! This is far from over.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's super unlucky people... I can't believe that. I think we all at one point wondered whether Sinistral was really L but not enough to question it properly, especially since Sinistral came out agreeing he was L...

But it was a super clever tactic... probably devised by Bb as soon as he found out he was L. I think Bb's first action was to find a random Task Force Member name, so that he would have an innocent to frame as L. When he got Sinistral it was perfect as he guessed Sinistral would go along with it, seeing the advantages.

One reason behind framing Sinistral, I think, was that I might have meant 1 or 2 Death Notes being wasted on him. One DNH and maybe one Shinigami would have put down Sinistral's True Name as "L" on their Death Note, causing it to fail and wasting another kill... this is of course only if the DNH had decided to try and rid the game of L.

In general it caused (I'm sure) the DNH to be totally fooled, making them concentrate alot more on Sinistral. Bb is always a main target for people in the opposite faction from him, but with this for once the spotlight was off him. This would have been good for us TaskForce because of him being such an important player for us...

It's a shame it had to happen, would have liked to have known what Bb was gonna put in the Night Post tonight. Our dear apple-holder choose wisely.

Also I wonder what Wedy did? Did they choose to try and receive a message from L or did Wedy second guess our DNH's and Shinigami and try and make contact between L's successors?

That's super unlucky people... I can't believe that. I think we all at one point wondered whether Sinistral was really L but not enough to question it properly, especially since Sinistral came out agreeing he was L...

But it was a super clever tactic... probably devised by Bb as soon as he found out he was L. I think Bb's first action was to find a random Task Force Member name, so that he would have an innocent to frame as L. When he got Sinistral it was perfect as he guessed Sinistral would go along with it, seeing the advantages.

One reason behind framing Sinistral, I think, was that I might have meant 1 or 2 Death Notes being wasted on him. One DNH and maybe one Shinigami would have put down Sinistral's True Name as "L" on their Death Note, causing it to fail and wasting another kill... this is of course only if the DNH had decided to try and rid the game of L.

In general it caused (I'm sure) the DNH to be totally fooled, making them concentrate alot more on Sinistral. Bb is always a main target for people in the opposite faction from him, but with this for once the spotlight was off him. This would have been good for us TaskForce because of him being such an important player for us...

It's a shame it had to happen, would have liked to have known what Bb was gonna put in the Night Post tonight. Our dear apple-holder choose wisely.

Also I wonder what Wedy did? Did they choose to try and receive a message from L or did Wedy second guess our DNH's and Shinigami and try and make contact between L's successors?

Looking at it, I was confused at first since Sinistral agreed to the arrangement so readily. I think that Sinistral is obviously one of the Task Force members and Wedy set up a communication between L and Sinistral, where L (Bb) told him the plan. Sinistral had to agree to it or risk compromising Bb's plan. Sinistral would probably have died in the long run, but as he would have only died once the DNH or Shinigami knew his true name, that gave Bb some time to work in the shadows. It was a brilliant plan except that we had to lynch the one villain that could ruin it. Now we know what the Task Force has to do and I hope Matsuda puts that apple to good use tonight.

Despite things not going exactly according to plan today I think the TaskForce are in a good position. We know at least 1 player will die tonight as the control over a vote the DNH's had means they got the True Name of a player right on Night 1.

That would leave us at 6 vs. 3.

I then think we should be careful as I think our DNH's will gain another Task Force member's True Name after tonight. Ryuk probably won't attack as he doesn't want to run the risk of killing Light (or maybe he does.. too many permutations :wacko: ), it's a tough one Ryuk at the minute for sure...:P

Also Light will now know who Ryuk is as Rem is dead. The one who's going to be killed tonight could still be Ryuk as DNH's might have decided to keep him alive after finding out he was Ryuk (Ryuk can't kill night 1). I doubt this though. Light could then try and kill someone else tonight...

Worse case scenario but is that Ryuk and Light are both right with what they write in their Death Note (if that's what they decide to do) and that means another 2 Task Force members die. This would leave things at 4 vs. 3.

During the day that would change to 4 vs. 2 as we lynch Misa. At that stage I think it would be a good idea for the Chief, Mellow and Near to take more risks on who finding a player's True Name...

So if things do go as above, which is how I see the worst case scenario, then I still think us TaskForce are in a good position.

Speaking of apples, Misa has a proposition for Ryuk. Misa will post the names of the people the DNH are not targeting so you don't waste a note. If you go along with the posted choices, the end game could be extended for you. Misa will consider some people and post them later. The Task Force will never get my Kira. :wub:

Despite things not going exactly according to plan today I think the TaskForce are in a good position. We know at least 1 player will die tonight as the control over a vote the DNH's had means they got the True Name of a player right on Night 1.

That would leave us at 6 vs. 3.

That would have been pretty lucky - unless they used their shinigami eyes. I have a feeling that it might have been more likely that they got Bb's name when he found Sinistral's role. So am hoping that it was his name they wrote to kill tomorrow night. There was no point in killing him last night because his action had already been completed, so they waited so they could alter his vote and protect themselves if necessary.

I then think we should be careful as I think our DNH's will gain another Task Force member's True Name after tonight. Ryuk probably won't attack as he doesn't want to run the risk of killing Light (or maybe he does.. too many permutations :wacko: ), it's a tough one Ryuk at the minute for sure...:P

I don't think he can kill Light??

Also Light will now know who Ryuk is as Rem is dead. The one who's going to be killed tonight could still be Ryuk as DNH's might have decided to keep him alive after finding out he was Ryuk (Ryuk can't kill night 1). I doubt this though. Light could then try and kill someone else tonight...

Worse case scenario but is that Ryuk and Light are both right with what they write in their Death Note (if that's what they decide to do) and that means another 2 Task Force members die. This would leave things at 4 vs. 3.

During the day that would change to 4 vs. 2 as we lynch Misa. At that stage I think it would be a good idea for the Chief, Mellow and Near to take more risks on who finding a player's True Name...

So if things do go as above, which is how I see the worst case scenario, then I still think us TaskForce are in a good position.

I have a question about L's (now Mellow and Near) actions: do the DNH get told the True Name as soon as the action is done, ie before the night post? If not, they can't kill them until the following night (apart from trying to get us to lynch them). Actually, that kind of ruins my proposition earlier that the DNH found out Bb's name and killed him. Oh well.

I've been trying to think of a strategy that allows us to make a deal with Light or Ryuk to find out the name/kill the other, but think the rules are pretty watertight in making sure their best action is to kill us anyway! :unsure:

Edited by foolonthehill

How did I miss this? I guess there was so much else going on in the day post I missed this reference.

Of course, there's the chance that Bb was the one whose vote was manipulated...that would certainly be our best case.

Why wouldn't Ryuk attack? He knows 2 people's identities by now, and it's not possible to "accidentally" kill Light, right?

huh? I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

What about Misa? Aren't there 3 death noes in play tonight? Or does Misa's delyed death note prevent any additional action tonight?

edit: I see FOTH was asking similar questions. And FOTH, L said in his night message that his identity would be revealed curing the course of the night, allowing the DNH to act the same night. This would apply to Mellow and Near also.

Edited by Cherry Lane

One last thing: while he is probably innocent, I don't think we should completely vindicate Sinistral yet.

Bb might have just taken the risk by randomly choosing any name, simply to deflect from himself. Any right-thinking innocent would have gone along with it (there is no risk, as the Death Note would have said L / Sinistral and failed), and a DNH/Shinigami might also have gone along with it to confuse the rest of us.

What about Misa? Aren't there 3 death noes in play tonight? Or does Misa's delyed death note prevent any additional action tonight?

3 notes as far as I can see, too. Misa, Ryuk and Light - unfortunately, it is Misa who kills on even nights rather than Rem. If we had been able to lynch Misa, we would have only had to suffer 2.

*squeezes further into his hiding place and tries to breathe as quietly as possible*

edit re: announcing names to DNH. Thanks CL, but that was just a line from Bb's (misleading!) post. Could we have confirmation from Y-San?

edit2: definitely agree with your post below

Edited by foolonthehill

One last thing: while he is probably innocent, I don't think we should completely vindicate Sinistral yet.

Bb might have just taken the risk by randomly choosing any name, simply to deflect from himself. Any right-thinking innocent would have gone along with it (there is no risk, as the Death Note would have said L / Sinistral and failed), and a DNH/Shinigami might also have gone along with it to confuse the rest of us.

I agree. There would be no benefit to any role for Sinistral to deny being L.

My guess is that Bb chose Sinistral because it was the most believable. There are only a few of us who would have made such a post. Bb and Sinistral definietly top the list.

How did I miss this? I guess there was so much else going on in the day post I missed this reference.

Of course, there's the chance that Bb was the one whose vote was manipulated...that would certainly be our best case.

Sure we could hope for that, would be a decent outcome, but we shouldn't bank on it.

Why wouldn't Ryuk attack? He knows 2 people's identities by now, and it's not possible to "accidentally" kill Light, right?

You're right sorry, I presumed he could kill Light by accident sorry..

huh? I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

What I meant was that the 1 who's vote was manipulated who we know is going to be killed in this Night Post, could be Ryuk... but my reasoning stemmed from thiking Light could be killed acidentally, which isn't the case so ignore that :)

My point about Misa was that I thought she would be doing something different tonight, but now seeing PT's post, I'm not sure what to think. I mentioned what I thought Misa might do already. I don't want to talk about it too much in case the option hasn't been thought of by our DNH's...

--------

Am going to just add that I think we have 2 suspects for Ryuk:

-Rene83 = because of what Bb said, and as he was innocent, we can trust he was saying it for our benifit

-woon = Ok, BL as Rem made two votes on inactive players. woon made a vote on a neighbour, both ended up voting for FOTH and both were poor reasons for voting. A link maybe?

I agree. There would be no benefit to any role for Sinistral to deny being L.

My guess is that Bb chose Sinistral because it was the most believable. There are only a few of us who would have made such a post. Bb and Sinistral definietly top the list.

True, this doesn't clear Sinistral BUT I still think Bb wouldn't have just chosen a player at random to frame as L. It would be too messy for his style...

So I still think that Bb on Night 1 decided to see a random Task Force mamber name, got Sinistral, and knowing he was an innocent decided to frame him then.

Think if Bb hadn't confirmed Sinistral's innocence? And say Sinistral was a baddie. Upon reading he was being framed as L, who would be top of Sinistral's list for those who would actually be L and doing the framing? Brandonb of course! It's a total Bb move.

And Bb would have known he would be top of Sinistral's list. So would he risk picking a player at random to frame... I don't think so really.

It's too messy no?

Edit: Typos

Edited by Joe's Student

-woon = Ok, BL as Rem made two votes on inactive players. woon made a vote on a neighbour, both ended up voting for FOTH and both were poor reasons for voting. A link maybe?

That was my first thought, but woon was the one who voted for me first, then BL followed. I think woon has an excuse because I questioned him for his inactivity but BL knew I was Task Force, so was quite happy to jump on the bandwagon. That doesn't implicate woon though. (though I'm keeping my eye on you....;) )

Well that sure didn't turn out the way I hoped it would. I had a pretty good feeling L was Bb (it had to be either him or Itachi who wrote that message), but I wasn't entirely sure. That was a brilliant plan of his, I tried to go along with it as best I could and buy him some time by being a decoy. I was hoping that the DNH would try to kill me tonight without using the eyes on me and waste a kill thinking that I was L, but no such luck. I figured if I told Wedy to deliver a message from L, then Bb would then have the chance to tell Wedy the truth, and we could secretly carry out his plan at least for another night or two without L being discovered.

When I found out that the Shinigami get to use the eyes every night, I was worried that they would use it on either me or Bb and find out the truth and ruin the plan.

I'm really not sure why Bb chose me exactly, but let me just say that it felt really cool to be a part of his plan, and even if I die tonight I had a lot of fun with this game. Perhaps if I am killed I can ask him in the afterlife. :D

I don't want to say much more right now because that might give them ideas, but let me say this in case I die. Wedy, I'm sorry if the original plan didn't work, but you should proceed to plan B which is to carry a message from Mellow to Near so that they can coordinate the use of their abilities if you have not done so already. After that you should get instructions from one of them.

Of all the roles that she seems like she could be... it's an independent baddie. She's unsure, and not talking about anything of substance, AT ALL.

This makes sense to me also, but it is hard to tell if she is just inactive, or if she has been around and reading and just decided not to talk about anything.

I just want you guys to know that I have been muddling everything around in my head and rather than waste a ton of space talking out of my *** i am thinking and when I have something of any importance to add i will. :)

I have a question about L's (now Mellow and Near) actions: do the DNH get told the True Name as soon as the action is done, ie before the night post? If not, they can't kill them until the following night (apart from trying to get us to lynch them). Actually, that kind of ruins my proposition earlier that the DNH found out Bb's name and killed him. Oh well.

Yes, the reveal is immediately after I roll the probabilities, and secretly.

Thanks all, for thinking about this and trying to figure out what's going on. You're all great Task Force Members (or fake Task Force Members ;P)

Okay I just saw the names in Prof. T's post, and looking back at the votes from Day 1, something just struck me as odd. This gave me an idea that I don't think even the DNH or Shinigami can do anything about, even if they know of it. We all know that Prof. T is Misa, and will be voted for tomorrow. Therefore, Aizawa, please set a trap for Dawh to vote for Prof. T tomorrow. If he is an innocent he will vote for Prof. T like the rest of us, and Aizawa will be able to confirm his identity, which benefits us. If he is a DNH or Shinigami, he will be hesitant to vote because he will be trapped, and then we will know his true colors. This way we definitely get to check someone without risking giving up the true names of Mellow or Near. It is the perfect opportunity to set a trap. If I die tonight... at least I will have made a contribution to the task force. :D

NIGHT TWO

The full moon hung high in the clear sky. The Investigations Building was quiet and dark, besides the lights turned on in a few scattered rooms, where certain individuals were planning their next moves in this great game of war.

On the 13th floor, the teenager with straw-colored hair wadded up a chocolate wrapper into a ball and tossed it into the trash can located several meters away. He was making his way to the table to grab another chocolate bar when his cell phone beeped. It was a text message. He flipped open the cover to the phone and read: L is dead.

On the 7th floor, the ashen haired boy was putting the finishing touches on his tower, or actually, fortress of cards. A sound came from the computer behind him, informing him he had mail. He balanced the last card carefully on the top of the structure and then walked over to the PC. He clicked to open his e-mail and read the message: L is dead.

Outside, Misa and Light were walking away from the building. “Sorry Light!” Misa cried. “Misa Misa only did it because Misa loves Light!” She clung on to his arm.

Having the threat of Rem gone, Light was not pressured to humor Misa. But Misa had done well that night, identifying the True Name of another person with her Shinigami Eyes, so Light allowed her to hold onto him as they walked. Under his other arm he had clutched his Death Note. He couldn’t wait to get home and plan the next death. Light smiled to himself as he thought about the death that had already been penned and was about to occur.

Across town, Grey Cells stumbled out of the Walked Into Bar. He lurched sideways, almost knocking over a couple who were passing by. With great effort, he managed to make it to his motorcycle, which was parked by the street. His shaky fingers fumbled with the lock and finally managed to get it open. GC climbed onto his bike, which teetered dangerously sideways before he corrected his balance. He pushed off and began cruising along the street. As he reached the mountain pass, with the wind blowing back his hair, GC sped up. The letters LOWLING, which were painted on the side of his motorcycle, became a blur. Suddenly, a black cat appeared out of nowhere and ran across his headlights. Grey Cells swerved violently. His motorcycle crashed head-on into the railing, flinging GC’s body up and over. GC’s eyes were blank and sad as he fell down into the chasm below.

Meanwhile, Ryuk strolled down the street, scratching his head. He was sure he had just written Grey Cell’s name in his Death Note, but he hadn’t felt the extra life that he was supposed to have stolen. Strange…he thought, then shrugged. Oh well, time to go get some apples. He was just contemplating whether he wanted Fuji or Red Delicious apples when an object landed in front of him with a loud thump. Ryuk was taken aback, but quickly recovered. Curious, Ryuk wandered over to the object. It was a body. More specifically, it was the body of Grey Cells. In his hand was clutched was clutched a piece of paper which said:

L, did you know that Shinigami like to eat apples?

;) Apples are the colour Red. :P If the Shinigami do not eat apples - there may be a change in their behaviour.

post-7969-1224829461_thumbjpg

Shinigami King: Y

Roster:

1) Dawh

2) Prof. Templeton

3) Sinistral

4) Cherry Lane

5) Grey Cells - DEAD [?] written into Death Note by DNH

6) Itachi-san

7) Brandonb - DEAD [L] written into Rem's Death Note

8) Joe's Student

9) Rene83

10) Woon

11) FoolontheHill

12) Ben Law - DEAD [Rem] sacrificed himself to save Misa

I guessed that would happen, Misa as she was already known to us, decided to trade her DN for Shinigami eyes, leaving Light with one TaskForce member's True Name before we lynched her...

They wrote GC's name first Night, and tonight Light has written someone else's name. Presuming he was right with what he wrote on the DN (because Y-San didn't mention him being wrong in the Night Post like she did Night 1 with Itachi), that means Light has decided to control this player's vote, and subsequently kill them tomorrow.

Because of that I would caution Aizawa about going along with Sinistral's plan... Light might just have chosen dawh, so when Aizawa sets his trap on him thinking he will vote for PT, it might be chnged without us knowing and Aizawa's trap wouldn't work then. Just a thought on that.

Any ideas on who GC could have been? Was lucky for us Ryuk decided to go after him.

Have to go school now, will log my vote with PT obviously :) , be back after...

Edit: clarification

Edited by Joe's Student