BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Death Note Mafia

Yoruichi-san

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a tactical note:

I've been thinking of ways for TaskForce members to inform other TaskForce members of who they are. Why doesn't Sinistral, (if Wedy takes you up on suggestion [which obviously they should!]), as part of his message, include a way for Wedy to make his player name known to him?

i.e Sinistral you could ask Wedy to say something specific or put some sort of pre-arranged code in one of Wedy's posts to let you know their player name... something inconspicuous obviously, but enough to make it obviuos to you that player x is Wedy?

Any developments on this anyone can think of?

Edit: clarification

JS, I like the way you think, I was already planning something very similar. The problem is that I wanted the idea to remain a secret between me and Wedy so that her posts would not stand out. Now that everyone else knows about it, I will have to alter the plan, but don't worry, I have another idea that should work. I would prefer if we did not discuss this further in front of everyone, but thank you for the suggestion.

To be honest, I'm a little worried now that I know the Shinigami can identify every night instead of every other. I didn't consider that when deciding if I should come forward or not. Thank you Ysan for clearing that up though. It gives them more of a chance to find Near and Mellow, which means that I will probably die even sooner. Still though, do not waste the apple on me tonight as they have not killed any of the others yet, the apple would be better used trying to protect someone else.

As far as the voting goes... I've got very little to go on at this point, though one thing seems suspicious to me which has not been mentioned yet. I seem to remember Foolonthehill saying that he was going to sleep and pointing a finger towards woon, and here we have woon voting for Foolonthehill without any substantial reason, yet not responding to the earlier question. Generally in mafia games this is a sign of an inexperienced baddie. I think it might be worth investigating. That doesn't mean I trust Foolonthehill either, but woon's vote just seemed odd to me. There are also a lot more inactives than I had hoped for. It is important that everyone participates in the discussion otherwise we may end up lynching the wrong person. I agree with GC in that Itachi's arrival should clear something up for me.

Shinigami King: Y

Roster:

1) Dawh - voting for itachi

2) Prof. Templeton - voting for Brandonb

3) Sinistral - voting for woon

4) Cherry Lane

5) Grey Cells - voting for Prof. Templeton

6) Itachi-san

7) Brandonb - voting for Prof. Templeton

8) Joe's Student - voting for Prof. Templeton

9) Rene83

10) Woon -voting for FoolontheHill

11) FoolontheHill

12) Ben Law - voting for voting for FoolontheHill

Of all the roles that she seems like she could be... it's an independent baddie. She's unsure, and not talking about anything of substance, AT ALL.

This makes sense to me also, but it is hard to tell if she is just inactive, or if she has been around and reading and just decided not to talk about anything.

Of all the roles that she seems like she could be... it's an independent baddie. She's unsure, and not talking about anything of substance, AT ALL.

yeah, well, I can't say I've contributed much either. I was hoping to have some idea by now, but I really don't. So if it will get Rene to say something, I'll vote for her. The problem is, I won't be here to change my vote if she has something really good to say.

Roster:

4) Cherry Lane - voting for Rene83

6) Itachi-san

9) Rene83

11) FoolontheHill

And with that, CL says goodnight.

So... I'm gathering that Rene is most likely one of the Shinigami.

Ok sorry for my inactivity. my grandfather is int he hospital and I just got homefrom visiting with him. No i am not a baddie. and I unfortunately have not played one since mafia IV. You do not want top vote for me and knowing CL she is just voting for me to see what I have to say. all I have to say is real life took over so I could not give 100% of my time to DNM. my grandfather is on his deathbed and I want to try to find out everything I can to try and make him more comfortable. Now onto better and DNM things. Hope that is good enough for you CL... getting kinda irritated with you always voting for me to get a rise >:/

yeah, well, I can't say I've contributed much either. I was hoping to have some idea by now, but I really don't. So if it will get Rene to say something, I'll vote for her. The problem is, I won't be here to change my vote if she has something really good to say.

Roster:

6) Itachi-san

9) Rene83-voting for woon

11) FoolontheHill

I am voting for Woon on the pure basis that anyone should know to at least have a hemigluteal reason to vote for someone not some excuse starting with your neighbors first. that is the first sign of A: a baddie or B. a novice. Either way I find it fishy.

Ok sorry for my inactivity. my grandfather is int he hospital and I just got homefrom visiting with him. No i am not a baddie. and I unfortunately have not played one since mafia IV. You do not want top vote for me and knowing CL she is just voting for me to see what I have to say. all I have to say is real life took over so I could not give 100% of my time to DNM. my grandfather is on his deathbed and I want to try to find out everything I can to try and make him more comfortable. Now onto better and DNM things. Hope that is good enough for you CL... getting kinda irritated with you always voting for me to get a rise >:/

Roster:

6) Itachi-san

11) FoolontheHill

I am voting for Woon on the pure basis that anyone should know to at least have a hemigluteal reason to vote for someone not some excuse starting with your neighbors first. that is the first sign of A: a baddie or B. a novice. Either way I find it fishy.

I am said to be a baddie when I

1) being bandwagon

2) being inactive

3) vote with some explanation

4) being random.

I don't know what should be my next action to prove I am an innocent. :angry:

PT is never a bad guy, and he usually never talks this much... he's gotta be bad. His play has changed a lot in this game because he's new to the whole being bad deal.

Roster:

6) Itachi-san - voting for Prof. Templeton

11) FoolontheHill

Also, do I get any credit for naming the Shinigami King in Post #2?

Edit: sorry for inactivity also. tomorrow, I'll be more active.

I do know that you like to play as guys :P , but the show, manga and Wikipedia clearly state that the Shinigami King is a 'he', and your OP clearly states a 'she'. I mentioned both as well... but w/e your choice.

Well, I do believe girls can do anything guys can do, but in heels :P. And unlike you I don't change my gender, I change my character's gender ;P.

A bit late now but glad to see I've managed to avoid (a close thing it seems at one point) the Day-1-I'm-going-to-vote-for-you-because-of-your-avtar randomness! I think however that there is something suspicious about the Prof and will give some more comments after the night post.

Roster:

6) Itachi-san - voting for Prof. Templeton

11) FoolontheHill ]Prof Templeton

DAY ONE

The golden-orange rays of the light streaming in through the Investigation Building windows cast a long shadow behind the ballot box. It had been an uncertain day, but now the moment of truth had come.

Aizawa watched the box warily as each individual member placed their folded slips of paper into the box. Would his trap be sprung? He was eager to find out.

Meanwhile, Light held back his grin as one particular member walked up to the ballot box. Unbeknownst to the others, the way this member was going to vote had been chosen for him by Light and Misa.

After the last vote was placed into the box, Chief Yagami walked up to it and began pulling out the ballots. As he read off the names one by one, Matsuda did the tally on the whiteboard behind him. All the members sitting in the room had their eyes fixed on the running tally, holding their collective breath in anticipation.

The final result was clear: Prof. Templeton would be the one to get the lethal injection.

“Wait!” Prof. T cried as they dragged him to the chair. “I was only confused about what Brandonb said about Itachi!”

But his pleas fell on deaf ears. Itachi pulled the last strap tight around Prof. Templeton’s arm and stepped aside, allowing Brandonb to approach with a syringe. Prof. Templeton’s eyes widened as Brandonb towered over Prof. T, needle in hand, poised to strike.

Suddenly, the syringe dropped to the ground, shattering and spilling its contents. Brandonb clutched his chest and his face turned a sickly shade of blue. Light quickly ran over to his side. “L!” Light cried, “L, what’s wrong?”

Images flashed through Brandonb’s mind with the last trickles of blood that flowed to his brain. He saw himself in the garden of an orphanage. The other children were laughing and playing around in the sun, but he was hovered under a tree, hugging his knees. Then he saw an image of the light filtering through a stain-glass window. The colors enveloped him with their warm glow. Finally, he saw one more image, a real image…it was Light, bending over him. “L…L!” Light cried, and leaned his head in closer. “L,” Light whispered into his ear, so softly that no one else could hear it, “L…I win.”

The ambulance came a few minutes later, but it was too late. L was pronounced dead by the paramedics, the cause being a heart attack. The other members followed as L’s body was carried out of the room. Light was the last one out of the room. Instead of going with the group, he turned and headed towards a room at the other end of the hallway. In the middle of that room lay a pile of ashes. Light walked over to the pile and withdrew an object from it’s midst. The object was a Death Note. Light flipped to the last page. On it was written the True Name of Brandonb: L.

“I think that belongs to me” a voice behind him startled him. He spun around to see who made the comment, but as he turned, a dark blur flashed by him. When he looked down at his hands, the Death Note was gone. The door at the end of the hallway hung open. Light watched, stunned, as a breeze from outside blew the ashes of Rem astray. The ashes carried all the way to the open door to the roof, where Ben Law became forever lost in the wind.

Roster:

1) Dawh

2) Prof. Templeton

3) Sinistral

4) Cherry Lane

5) Grey Cells

6) Itachi-san

7) Brandonb - DEAD [L] written into Rem's Death Note

8) Joe's Student

9) Rene83

10) Woon

11) FoolontheHill

12) Ben Law - DEAD [Rem] sacrificed himself to save Misa

And yes, Itachi posted the correct answer first...but someone else sent the answer privately before then ;P

Woa! I definitely need to go back and re-read the rules - again - to make sense of that!

I had a feeling that Sinistral wasn't L - his post didn't quite match the same tone as his night message and it surprised me that L didn't use his power to find a True Name if he was giving himself up anyway - though I obviously didn't want to suggest that earlier! And that meant it was someone sneaky, so my immediate thoughts turned to Bb :lol:!

As for figuring out Bb's intentions, I am much more interested in what it means about Sinistral. On one hand, it suggests a (minor?) task force member who understood Bb's intentions and played along, knowing that it protected the real L, or, on the other, he is a DNH misleading Bd and the rest of us!

Unlucky Bb, it was an interesting play that only failed because we (luckily) found Misa on the first day!

That's terrible!

We lost 1 innocent just because of lynching Misa?

Prof T! Can't run away for tomorrow vote!

But we gained two known baddies! We now know who Misa and Rem are in return for L. I think that's not a bad trade compared to all those times where we are left wondering 'Did we lynch an innocent yesterday, or a baddie?'. Unfortunately, it still means Ryuk, Light and Misa get to use their Death Notes tonight so we might be in for a rough one....that apple is going to be important...

I hope Wedy managed to get Mellow and Near in contact.

*hides in a corner behind the curtain*