BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Death Note Mafia

Yoruichi-san

I don't think I buy into Itachi being a baddie and attacking himself to throw off suspicion. This reminds me of another recent game where someone tried to malign Itachi on the first day. I think the DNH targeted Itachi because they see him as a threat. So, I'm gonna start the voting off with you, Brandonb. Plus, you may have made a freudian slip when you said Light's already out instead of L, in your last post. <_< I hope you see this before going to the fair. Oh, and have fun. :P

Shinigami King: Y

Roster:

1) Dawh

2) Prof. Templeton - voting for Brandonb

3) Sinistral

4) Cherry Lane

5) Grey Cells

6) Itachi-san

7) Brandonb

8) Joe's Student

9) Rene83

10) Woon

11) FoolontheHill

12) Ben Law

I don't normally like to vote first, especially with virtually no information, but someone has to step up.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news though, the actions from last night do give me a good idea. Tomorrow night, the DNH should write Ryuk's name in the death note. He will not die, but his name will be revealed in the night post. That way we can lynch Ryuk the next day. :D

Not sure who to vote for yet; I do think that Bb trying to throw suspicion on Itachi right off the bat is a little suspect, though he usually has his reasons and they are not always evil :ph34r::P

That's an interesting strategy to find Ryuk, but it would only work with a 50% chance as the DNH don't know which Shinigami is which. Also, we don't know how Y-san will deal with a Death note written for a character that it can't kill. She may not reveal the identity at all. It's in everyone's benefit (except Ryuk's :P ) to find his identity, but it's up to the DNH to take orders from you. Besides, L has given them such an enticing target.

I'm just saying that it's not necessarily going to be that easy to flush him out... :( Unless you've seen something that I'm missing. :unsure:

I personally think that L's strategy was a bit fool-hardy as until Wedy finds Mellow and Near, they are not likely to be any more effective than L is going to be now if the DNH kill him.

Sorry for this series of random thoughts, I'm a little busy at the moment and not always writing sensibly... :wacko:

I personally think that L's strategy was a bit fool-hardy as until Wedy finds Mellow and Near, they are not likely to be any more effective than L is going to be now if the DNH kill him.

I was going to include this as part of my message to Wedy, but there's probably no harm in saying it now. If I am killed, Wedy should deliver a message from Mellow to Near, and there will be no odds and no guessing involved. Wedy does not need to "find" them, she can just pick their True Names and deliver the message. Therefore, the DNH and Shinigami should consider Mellow and Near to be much more effective than I am. Wedy, there is still more to the message than this so please continue with the original plan.

Bb does bring up a good point which I had not considered... I was under the impression that the Shinigami only got to act on alternating nights, and not that they got two chances to ID each night. Ysan, could you confirm this please? Looking back over the rules I fear I may have misinterpreted this. :(

Edited by Sinistral

I was going to include this as part of my message to Wedy, but there's probably no harm in saying it now. If I am killed, Wedy should deliver a message from Mellow to Near, and there will be no odds and no guessing involved. Wedy does not need to "find" them, she can just pick their True Names and deliver the message. Therefore, the DNH and Shinigami should consider Mellow and Near to be much more effective than I am. Wedy, there is still more to the message than this so please continue with the original plan.

Bb does bring up a good point which I had not considered... I was under the impression that the Shinigami only got to act on alternating nights, and not that they got two chances to ID each night. Ysan, could you confirm this please? Looking back over the rules I fear I may have misinterpreted this. :(

Sorry, I misread Wedy's role description :blush: That's much more powerful than I thought.

I'm not sure what you and Bb are talking about. Do the Shinigami have BTSC? It doesn't say so as far as I can see. That's what he's implying, isn't it? :unsure:

From my re-read (for about the 15th time, as I don't know the show and there are so many rules!)) it looks like they kill alternate nights but get to see a true name each every night. Also think I'm with the Prof in thinking that perhaps it wasn't the best move to out yourself....but won't go into any more detail in case it encourages the dnh to kill you!

Not sure about the day night time timings but going to bed now and not sure if the vote willl be over when I'm back. In case it is then my non-vote is not because of inactivity but I would be voting completely randomly - except that I wouldn't vote for itachi (who I think is most likely task force). sinistral or myself!

Will add my vote if there has been more activity in the morning. In the meantime ... *chooses a completely randomly inactive name and please read nothing into it, I am just starting discussion!* woon, care to explain why we shouldn't lynch you?

From my re-read (for about the 15th time, as I don't know the show and there are so many rules!)) it looks like they kill alternate nights but get to see a true name each every night. Also think I'm with the Prof in thinking that perhaps it wasn't the best move to out yourself....but won't go into any more detail in case it encourages the dnh to kill you!

Not sure about the day night time timings but going to bed now and not sure if the vote willl be over when I'm back. In case it is then my non-vote is not because of inactivity but I would be voting completely randomly - except that I wouldn't vote for itachi (who I think is most likely task force). sinistral or myself!

Will add my vote if there has been more activity in the morning. In the meantime ... *chooses a completely randomly inactive name and please read nothing into it, I am just starting discussion!* woon, care to explain why we shouldn't lynch you?

I agree that a people need to start talking...we're not following Sinistral's advice to keep up a conversation. I'm trying to hold up my end, but I can't do it alone. :P

That being said, to move the topic forward I will vote. I already said that I found Bb's poke at itachi to be a little odd, but it's worth seeing what itachi has to say on the matter. So my vote is going to him. Maybe this will jumpstart the Task Force. ;)

Roster:

1) Dawh - voting for itachi

3) Sinistral

4) Cherry Lane

5) Grey Cells

6) Itachi-san

7) Brandonb

8) Joe's Student

9) Rene83

10) Woon

11) FoolontheHill

12) Ben Law

This is purely to try to start a conversation; I don't really have a strong opinion about itachi's guilt or innocence and I fully intend to change my vote once a better target becomes apparent. It's better to pick someone for a reason (even a very flimsy reason) than to pick someone at random...

Not sure, just voting for an inactive one

Roster:

3) Sinistral

4) Cherry Lane

5) Grey Cells

6) Itachi-san

7) Brandonb

8) Joe's Student

9) Rene83

10) Woon

11) FoolontheHill

12) Ben Law - voting for Joe's Student

I agree that a people need to start talking...we're not following Sinistral's advice to keep up a conversation. I'm trying to hold up my end, but I can't do it alone. :P

That being said, to move the topic forward I will vote. I already said that I found Bb's poke at itachi to be a little odd, but it's worth seeing what itachi has to say on the matter. So my vote is going to him. Maybe this will jumpstart the Task Force. ;)

This is purely to try to start a conversation; I don't really have a strong opinion about itachi's guilt or innocence and I fully intend to change my vote once a better target becomes apparent. It's better to pick someone for a reason (even a very flimsy reason) than to pick someone at random...

So, so far we have Bb, who has gained a vote because he said he wouldn't start off with Itachi; and Itachi, basically because he's the only one mentioned in the night post.

I'm getting a deja vu feeling. There was a game recently (Heroes, I think??; they're all running together) where these were the top 2 suspects on the first day. (ok, that one was my fault, I was a villain who set them up), and both were innocent then. I'd hate for that to happen this time. All too often the first day becomes a choice between the first two names thrown out, or the first to speak out, just because people would rather bandwagon than go out on a limb. I'm guilty of it, too. And that's fine if we have a reasonable suspicion of at least one of them. But I don't think we do in this case.

Not that I have anyone else to suspect yet, so I'm not contributing much to the dialogue. I just think we need to brainstorm more before we start lining up the votes.

edit: oh, after all that, nevermind. I see we have a third candidate. Sorry I missed BLs post.

Edited by Cherry Lane

ok, somehow I missed the purple. In the red and the blue, two opposing characters are doing similar actions at the same time. The purple (red+blue) applies to both. That is, they each have a plan....

Yep, that's it. I was trying to accomplish with colored words what I couldn't with cinematography...gotta set the mood ;P

They use their Shinigami Eyes each Night.

I'm not sure what you and Bb are talking about. Do the Shinigami have BTSC? It doesn't say so as far as I can see. That's what he's implying, isn't it? :unsure:

No, only ones who have BTSC are Misa and Light.

I don't think I buy into Itachi being a baddie and attacking himself to throw off suspicion.

Hmm... I'm trying to figure out if you deliberately misinterpreted my statement as a jab at Itachi, or if it was just an honest mistake.

...if he is one of the DNH trying to throw suspicion off of himself. This has become a cliche, and I don't care to make that accusation.

NVM, I think it's pretty clear that I was not implicating him, but almost defending him from the post's mention of his name.

You're high on my radar PT... actually, since I have nothing else on anyone else... you are my #1.

Roster:

3) Sinistral

4) Cherry Lane

5) Grey Cells

6) Itachi-san

7) Brandonb - voting for Prof. Templeton

8) Joe's Student

9) Rene83

10) Woon

11) FoolontheHill

I must say congrats to Yoruichi.. this is extremly hard (in the best way).

So far we have mini Bb/Itachi thing going on again, and I would prefer to avoid voting for one or the other. Although I agree with the view that Bb mentioning the clichéd trick of Itachi trying throw suspicion off himself as a tiny bit suspicious, I think if it was Bb trying to cast suspicion on Itachi, as a DNH himself, he would have realised people would have seen through it.

To be clearer, if Bb (as a DNH) was trying to cast suspicion on Itachi by saying that Itachi selected himself/(was selected) in the Death Note, I don't think Bb would have brought it up as he would have realised people would be suspicious of him doing so (as PT and dawh are). So I believe Bb was merely saying aloud what he thought every one else would have thought anyway... maybe? But not as DNH and not trying to lay suspicion on Itachi. (Btw I'm not saying he's TaskForce either, I'm just saying that his quote isn't what we should go on to lynch somebody..)

Am I making much sense here? Trying to construct these sentences so that they're clear is hard :rolleyes: .

----------

Would just like to add that PT's Post in reply to Bb's thoughts struck me as... strange. Having now played a few games with PT it seemed a unlike him. I thought he seemed pretty decisive in his vote, his response to Bb's was the first, and he voted right away, without hearing any discussion on it... is that his usual style?

I'm not making anything of it really but as we've so little to go on i thought it was best say whatever thoughts I had. And that was it, I thought PT's statement was odd.

**Btw BenLaw thanks for giving me that lovely pink colour ;), was just waiting for something I could comment on. Even now I haven't got much to say :)

Just woke up, expecting to read tons of discussion and here I only get to read 2 pages of discussion?

I am voting for the Prof. because he is known to place his vote after a good deal of thinking and planning. But this time has started the voting process, which in itself is not unusual but the Prof. starting it doesn't bode well for me. Sorry Prof. you may have started the voting with good intentions but my vote goes for you at the moment.

P.S. I do not want to state an excuse, but the fact is I will be in college for the next 8 hrs. or so. So if you folks choose to vote me off, I will be unable to defend myself. Hope we get a DNH today.

Roster:

3) Sinistral

4) Cherry Lane

5) Grey Cells - voting for Prof. Templeton

6) Itachi-san

8) Joe's Student

9) Rene83

10) Woon

11) FoolontheHill

EDIT: Spacing

Hmm... I'm trying to figure out if you deliberately misinterpreted my statement as a jab at Itachi, or if it was just an honest mistake.

NVM, I think it's pretty clear that I was not implicating him, but almost defending him from the post's mention of his name.

You're high on my radar PT... actually, since I have nothing else on anyone else... you are my #1.

I misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you were throwing out a warning about Itachi. I agree that it's a cliche move and that's way I don't suspect him. Everyone hasn't been forth-coming with anything useful and yours was the first post that I thought might contain hidden villain messages. I was probably too eager. It seemed like you were implying that Light's actions were "Itachi-like" but I can see now you were more careful in your wording. Since I don't believe I've given anyone reason to suspect I'm a baddie, your statement that I'm on your radar doesn't make sense to me. Voting for me without giving any sort of additional information but solely because I choose to vote for you doesn't calm me any. In fact I'm feeling better about what started out as a guess just too get the ball rolling. My vote stays as is for now unless something better or more info comes along.

Let me clear some things up. I started the voting because no one else would. I picked Bd for trivial reasons, but I'm starting to think it not such a bad idea. I'm only trying to do what L instructed, be active. I feel others are playing into the hands of the DNH without realizing it. Believe that the Task Force will be without a key player if I'm gone.

Voting for me without giving any sort of additional information but solely because I choose to vote for you doesn't calm me any. In fact I'm feeling better about what started out as a guess just too get the ball rolling.

That's fine. I did try to say that I was voting for you because (given my quoted statement) you must have deliberately misinterpreted my statement. That's why I did, and will hold vote for you today.

Edit: BTW, I think I would like to have an apple tonight. I feel that Ryuk may want to kill me tonight as revenge for my earlier suggestion :P

Edited by Brandonb

Because of Yoruichi's recent post I'm going to vote sooner than I thought I would but it's better that I do...

So yeah PT gets it. I don't want to seem to be jumping on the band wagon, because I'm not. I already was a bit funny on PT before GC's voiced his thoughts (I must say I'm a tad suspicious now of GC though.. ah godammit I'm confused :huh: ). I also don't want to seem to be hounding PT, but his 2nd last post added to my suspicion. He tried to explain and justify his quick vote in an odd way. Not making much sense here I know.

Roster:

3) Sinistral

4) Cherry Lane

6) Itachi-san

8) Joe's Student - voting for Prof. Templeton

9) Rene83

10) Woon

11) FoolontheHill

Edit: I'm not trying to lead a lynch against PT. My reasons for voting this way are more to do with feeling than fact so if I'm wrong I will hold my hands up.

Edited by Joe's Student

Being Randomizing for Day 1

Roster:

3) Sinistral

4) Cherry Lane

6) Itachi-san

9) Rene83

10) Woon -voting for FoolontheHill

11) FoolontheHill

Reason: Always start with your neighbours. :D

Well well, JS is now on, now to the next inactive one and I think it is FOTH.

**Btw BenLaw thanks for giving me that lovely pink colour ;), was just waiting for something I could comment on. Even now I haven't got much to say :)

YW :P

Roster:

3) Sinistral

4) Cherry Lane

6) Itachi-san

9) Rene83

10) Woon -voting for FoolontheHill

11) FoolontheHill

12) Ben Law - voting for voting for FoolontheHill

On a tactical note:

I've been thinking of ways for TaskForce members to inform other TaskForce members of who they are. Why doesn't Sinistral, (if Wedy takes you up on suggestion [which obviously they should!]), as part of his message, include a way for Wedy to make his player name known to him?

i.e Sinistral you could ask Wedy to say something specific or put some sort of pre-arranged code in one of Wedy's posts to let you know their player name... something inconspicuous obviously, but enough to make it obviuos to you that player x is Wedy?

Any developments on this anyone can think of?

Edit: clarification

Edited by Joe's Student

On account of MG's Death Note Mafia, college has been declared a holiday. W00t. :D

I am obviously not entirely sure about Prof., but I will keep my vote on him for now. I am hoping Itachi's arrival will make things a lot clearer. Though it could become a lot confusing too. :P

EDIT: I think I see what the Prof. is hinting at, if he is in fact hinting. ;)