BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

ok heres the topic thread for the real game. As you can see starts 7:00 pm GMT on Tuesday 21st October (tomorrow). I will send each of you a pm with your starting positions. e.g. A1, X25 etc... Another rule i have decided to scrap is the "sight" part. I just thought that it was a bit of a waste of time, so now you can see the whole map just the players will be represented with a dot of some colour. Updated map below, all i did was put A-X and 1-25 down the sides as a grid reference. 1 more pm to come in, then i will start it. Oh and the different types of warrior will ahve different colours. e.g. axeman will have yellow dots, cavalry will have brown dots etc...

post-10793-1224519143_thumbjpg

• Answers 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

right got Pm's in from everyone who signed in - although i have pmed reserves and asked if they want to join in.

got 5 players atm ( the last column in the coordinates of starting position)

1. Axeman - Beowulf - E22

2. Axeman - Zaramunda - U25

3. Light Cavalry - Otter - A2

4. Light Cavalry - The summoner - V8

5. Skirmisher - Pyre - M16

The map is below and i will give everybody until 22:00 GMT on Thursday to get their pm's in to me. Your 48(ish) hours start now :D

Edit: brackets on line 2

Edited by reaymond

Re run of the rules on this thread

Each Character you control will have a "sight range" meaning you can't see the whole map, and where you enemies are hiding. You will have a choice of roles your character ( you choose your own name and role which is hidden from other players) , starting off at either spearman, axeman, light cavalry or archer. These will then "evolve" over time and level up to become more powerful etc...;

Spearman - 100 att, 125 def, 7 movement, +50% att and def when fighting cavalry, 8 sight, 8 anima

pikeman - 125 att, 150 def, 7 movement, +66% att and def when fighting cavalry, 8 sight, 8 anima

phalanx man - 175 att, 200 def, 7 movement, +80% att and def when fighting cavalry, 8 sight, 8 anima

axeman - 125 att, 125 def - 8 movement, 8 sight, 10 anima

2H Swordsman - 175 att, 175 def - 7 movement, 8 sight, 10 anima

Samurai swordsman - 200 att, 200 def - 9 movement, 8 sight, 10 anima

Light Cavalry - 150 att, 100 def, 12 movement, +25% att and def when fighting infantry, 10 sight, 6 anima

Knight - 175 att, 100 def, 10 movement, + 50% att and def when fighting infantry, 9 sight, 6 anima

Cavalier - 225 att, 175 def, 10 movement, + 75% att and def when fighting infantry, 9 sight, 8 anima

(bonus when fighting infantry does not appy against spearmen)

Skirmisher - 150 att, 125 def, 7 movement, att range 2, 10 sight, 6 anima

Welsh Bowman - 175 att, 100 def, 7 movement, att range 3, 10 sight, 6 anima

Longbowman - 250 att, 150 def, 7 movement, att range 4, 12 sight, 6 anima

(all ranged units attack first even when defending)

ATM I am still developing the map but it is a 25x25 grid with different terrains on listed below;

Roads - 1 movement point, + 0% defence, 2 sight

Grass - 2 movement point, + 10% defence, 2 sight

Hills - 3 movement point, + 25% defence, 3 sight, + 2 to sight range, +1 to archer range

Mountains - 4 movement point, + 40% defence, 3 sight, + 4 to sight range, + 2 to archer range

Water - impassable, 2 sight

Bridge - 1 movement point, + 50% defence, 2 sight,

Summoning square - 2 movement point, - 25% def, 1 sight

An extra feature i added to this game is that when you are on a summoning square for 2 turns is a row, you can summon a specific beast to fight along side you. Each beast you summon requires anima and the higher the stats of the beast, the more anima it requires to summon. A list of the beasts will be provided to each person when they require to summon one. I want to keep this secret for now just to see who will be the brave person to try it out tongue.gif

Any other questions then put a post on the forum, but i think thats about it for now

oh and i just realised there was no point in me sending u pms because only you know your characters name :P

What's thy name warrior? Not Mr. Impervious, what's thy real name? :angry::P

Wouldn't you like to know? I thought about going with hiro...but that would have made it way too obvious for you.

Oh hey can we have a color key for what's what as far as the terrain goes?

Wouldn't you like to know? I thought about going with hiro...but that would have made it way too obvious for you.

Oh hey can we have a color key for what's what as far as the terrain goes?

sure

Roads - black - 1 movement point, + 0% defence, 2 sight

Grass - light green - 2 movement point, + 10% defence, 2 sight

Hills - dark green - 3 movement point, + 25% defence, 3 sight, + 2 to sight range, +1 to archer range

Mountains - grey - 4 movement point, + 40% defence, 3 sight, + 4 to sight range, + 2 to archer range

Water - b - lueimpassable, 2 sight

Bridge - brown - 1 movement point, + 50% defence, 2 sight,

Summoning square - red - 2 movement point, - 25% def, 1 sight

Spearman - 100 att, 125 def, 7 movement, +50% att and def when fighting cavalry, 8 sight, 8 anima

axeman - 125 att, 125 def - 8 movement, 8 sight, 10 anima

Light Cavalry - 150 att, 100 def, 12 movement, +25% att and def when fighting infantry, 10 sight, 6 anima

Skirmisher - 150 att, 125 def, 7 movement, att range 2, 10 sight, 6 anima

What's "anima"?

What's "anima"?

if you spedn 2+ turns on a red coloured square you ahev the option to summon a "monster" than can fight along side you. The better the moster the more anima required. Maximum of 2 monsters per player for now, although this may change if needs be.

had everyone pms in for this turn already so ill post the update now :D:D

purple icons are axemen.

yellow icons are light cavalry

the light blue icon is a skirmisher

(i only posted this because the axemen and cavalry could work out who was who whereas the skirmisher couldn't giving them an unfair advantage)

post-10793-1224705676_thumbjpg

just realised something...

If two players both move to meet each other then they will both simply swap places and no battles will take place, therefore i need to define an order for the moves to take place. Any ideas how to do this

just realised something...

If two players both move to meet each other then they will both simply swap places and no battles will take place, therefore i need to define an order for the moves to take place. Any ideas how to do this

i was thinking maybe if you were close enough to move to them you could just say attack and you would chase them that way they could still run.

i was thinking maybe if you were close enough to move to them you could just say attack and you would chase them that way they could still run.

i like the chase thing. but when the chaser runs out of moves they stop in the process of chasing

but if the chased runs out first then the attack commences

i like the chase thing. but when the chaser runs out of moves they stop in the process of chasing

but if the chased runs out first then the attack commences

I like that idea. When an attack occurs, I can see one happening this turn, then i will add another phase into the game - the attack/retreat phase. But an orignal addition to this. If a ranged warrior attacks a range 1 warrior, then the attack will occur with no retreat phase. If a retreat may happen, then i will send a pm to the required player that needs to retreat and ask for more moves from that player as to where he wants to retreat to. (the attacking player will not need to pm me as he will simply follow the retreating player.)

Another idea i had whilst writing this, It a range >1 unit attacks a range 1 unit, and on the same turn the same range 1 unit attacks the same >1 range unit then;

move 1 - the ranged unit attacks the melee unit

move 2 - the melee unit moves next to the ranged unit

move 3 - the ranged unit retreats as far as he can move

move 4 - the melee unit chases the ranged unit

at this point one of 2 things happens -

1. the melee unit catches the ranged unit, or,

2. the ranged unit out runs the melee unit.

if #1. happens then the phase between these 2 units is ended.

if #2 happens then more moves occur

move 5 - the ranged unit "attacks" the melee unit again in his defense move. (ranged units have first strike on units range 1)

move 6 - the melee unit "attacks" the ranged unit for his attacking phase.

move 7 - end of "phase" between these 2 moves

waiting for 1 more post then turn 2 moves are will be posted. _____ You have until 12:00 p.m. tomorrow (ish - i never started to count)

I can see battles taking place tomorrow so it will start to get interesting soon :D:D

What if the archer moves within 2 spaces of the calvary,(or the axemen) and attacks but the other person has already run away?

If you want to attack somebody, then simply say attack ... and give the coordinates of the warrior you wish to attack. This is when i initiate phase 2 posted above and the retreat occurs.

too late to edit now :o

I have a feeling some attacks may occur this turn ;) so get your pms in as soon as possible so i can calculate the results soon - unless you want me to start building the tension now :P. For now i am going to work on the "formula" that i posted above on attacks. If you are attacked then i will ask you for a pm as to whether you want to retreat or not, and where you want to retreat to. Then i will sort out the fighting.