BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Anime Battle Royale: Naruto

itachi-san

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 6: Victory for Konoha!

PG: Alright woon, I say you get executed! What do you have to say to that!?

woon: can I have some brownies :P

PG: Only winners get brownies! But since you were one of Konoha's finest ninja and didn't kill anyone, we'll let you back in to the village.

woon: Really? Do I get brownies then?

PG: *ahem* I said they were only for winners, not for rogue ninjas who can't put up a proper defense and come crawling back. (turns her back)

woon became enraged and started to tremble. A shock of white lightning formed in his palm.

sasuke_116_animestocks[com].jpg

Sasuke: NO BROWNIES! You're all going to die!

As Sasuke ran at PG, frenzied for his brownie-fix, Gaara lassoed his feet with sand.

gaara_35.jpg

Gaara: You're not going anywhere!

Lee came out of nowhere, his body red after openning the Gates of Divination.

lee_070_animestocks[com].jpg

Rock Lee: Only true Konoha shinobi get Brownies!

Normally, Sakura wouldn't have dared laid a hand on her precious Sasuke, but these were PG's Brownies we're talking about!

sakura_000_animestocks[com].jpg

Sakura: You never should have left us Sasuke. And now to come back for brownies instead of for me... that's the final insult!

Sasuke was destroyed and Konoha was saved!

Hokage: Tsunade

1) Puzzlegirl - Neji

2) Mekal - Shikamaru

3) Dawh - Naruto

4) Prof. Templeton - Sai

5) Kat - Deidara

6) Prince Marth - Kakuzu

7) Laharl - Kabuto

8) unreality - Sasori

9) Joe's Student - Sakura

10) woon - Sasuke

11) Panther - Gaara

12) Cherry Lane - Orochimaru

13) GC - Rock Lee

14) Brandonb - Hidan

15) FIF - Kisame

16) Wally West - Kakashi

17) Sinistral - Itachi

Prologue

Night 1

Night 1 Addendum

Day 1

Night 2

Day 2

Night 3

Night 3 Addendum

Day 3

Night 4

Day 4

Night 5

Day 5

Night 6

Great game everyone! Sorry it started out so slow... but at least it ended with a bang. I've got a bunch of stuff I'd like to post about this game and look forward to hearing input on how to make it better. There will definitely be another, but I'll wait for at least one wave of Heroes, Death Notes, and Pirates. I'd like to do this one again, only with the rules tweaked a bit. Thank you all for playing!

So I'd love to hear some feedback. I'll start things off:

1) I should have given 150 stat points to start instead of 100, but since it was only 100, I'm surprised everyone kept reaching for that unattainable goal of a Special Power. I would have thought that people with BTSC would have had one of them train their Chakra to 100 and attack. A 50% shot is pretty good and that's assuming the victim is training.

2) It was Bb's idea to add 25 points for every successful kill, but I should have extended that idea by giving away 25 points for every Day and every Night the character lived.

3) Team Kakashi should probably be only 3 people. But that doesn't take away anything from their play. They all played very well

4) And I think I should have included tips on who was training what in the Night Posts to give some info.

Basically, Training consumed the game.

Some tips and strategies as an arm-chair quarterback:

1) Orochimaru should have offered the Proposal after Akatsuki lost 2 people. I know you were planning on trying to align with Konoha, but I think the losing team would be much more ready to except. I know Sinistral wanted it.

2) Speaking of Sinistral, his claim of Hidan was an excellent move. Well done!

3) Speaking of Hidan, if he claimed Rock Lee, he could have won the game. B))

4) Akatsuki was the group that shouldn't have attacked first and they were the ones that did. Aside from Shikamaru, Neji and Orochimaru that is. It's too bad I only got to give 1 riddle... :(

From the Akatsuki point of view.

It was a terrible setback having the negative attribute that gives away ID. Also, it seemed that we needed at least 6 nights before we could attack. For the most part we needed 4 nights of training to cover the attribute setback, and then 2 more nights to gain on the chakra or the ability. Between those two (no BTSC and 6 nights of hoping not to be attacked) it was terribly difficult to get anything done.

I think it may have been more efficient to have it split into two groups instead of three, and of those, only one person would be allowed to attack each night. In addition, instead of the baddies training... what if they were allotted a certain amount of stat points between all of them, that they got to rearrange each night between them. As each one dies off, the stat points would be divided between fewer and fewer people (with some sort of 25-50 pt loss for each one that died). In that situation, the baddies wouldn't even have to be divided into two groups. anyways, that's just what has popped into my head.

Wow...PG's brownies must be AWESOME! o_o :lol:

...they bring all the boys to the yard! :D

Awesome game, I-san, with an AMAZING ending!!!! And, I feel the need to announce to everyone that this is my first time being in the winner's circle in any mafia-type game. In fact, this is the first time I've lived past the 3rd day!! A definite victory for PG and her brownies!!

So I'd love to hear some feedback. I'll start things off:

1) I should have given 150 stat points to start instead of 100, but since it was only 100, I'm surprised everyone kept reaching for that unattainable goal of a Special Power. I would have thought that people with BTSC would have had one of them train their Chakra to 100 and attack. A 50% shot is pretty good and that's assuming the victim is training.

2) It was Bb's idea to add 25 points for every successful kill, but I should have extended that idea by giving away 25 points for every Day and every Night the character lived.

3) Team Kakashi should probably be only 3 people. But that doesn't take away anything from their play. They all played very well

4) And I think I should have included tips on who was training what in the Night Posts to give some info.

Basically, Training consumed the game.

Some tips and strategies as an arm-chair quarterback:

1) Orochimaru should have offered the Proposal after Akatsuki lost 2 people. I know you were planning on trying to align with Konoha, but I think the losing team would be much more ready to except. I know Sinistral wanted it.

2) Speaking of Sinistral, his claim of Hidan was an excellent move. Well done!

3) Speaking of Hidan, if he claimed Rock Lee, he could have won the game. B))

4) Akatsuki was the group that shouldn't have attacked first and they were the ones that did. Aside from Shikamaru, Neji and Orochimaru that is. It's too bad I only got to give 1 riddle... :(

I was surprised when Ataksuki (and Orochimaru) were reluctant to vote against the possible villains; none of the Konohans (after Mekal :wacko: ) were ever on the chopping block during the day vote. It was a little hard to find the Villains because they were reluctant to try to work against the Konohans, but it allowed us to get a dominant hold on voting and made people afraid to act at night.

When CL made the proposal, we considered changing votes, but it was a little late. In any case, I advocated (for obvious reasons) to allow Orochimaru to survive to make the proposal, and then decline it. :P

In any case, great game Itachi B)) ...it was fun to plan with the rest of Team Kakashi and try to figure out our enemies' identities. I just didn't realize that Hidan only needed five days of training to get his special... :blink:

Honestly, the most challenging part of the game for me was remembering the names of the characters. There are so many similar names: kakuzu, kabuto, kisami, kakashi; sasori, sakura, sasuke. I am not all that familiar with the show so I would have to go back and read the character descriptions after every night post. :D Other than that and, of course, the un-attainable Special Power, I thought the game was great!!

From the Akatsuki point of view.

It was a terrible setback having the negative attribute that gives away ID. Also, it seemed that we needed at least 6 nights before we could attack. For the most part we needed 4 nights of training to cover the attribute setback, and then 2 more nights to gain on the chakra or the ability. Between those two (no BTSC and 6 nights of hoping not to be attacked) it was terribly difficult to get anything done.

I hear ya and you're right, but I'm surprised nobody wanted to gamble on getting their kill after 2 night of training chakra to get 100. In the past games there were players who had a 50% chance of killing and if not would reveal their ID. Akatsuki just dropped like flies without taking people down until the end. Also, I think one of the outed Akatsuki should have asked Orochimaru to make the Proposal before they got executed.

I think it may have been more efficient to have it split into two groups instead of three, and of those, only one person would be allowed to attack each night. In addition, instead of the baddies training... what if they were allotted a certain amount of stat points between all of them, that they got to rearrange each night between them.
Well, it's gotta be two groups because of the Naruto story, and I like sticking to that as much as possible. I really like the idea of sharing points among living members or starting a group out with points and having them divide them themselves. That's a great idea (like Astray somewhat, only in this case it's with BTSC and not blind to teammates)

As each one dies off, the stat points would be divided between fewer and fewer people (with some sort of 25-50 pt loss for each one that died). In that situation, the baddies wouldn't even have to be divided into two groups. anyways, that's just what has popped into my head.
I think I'd prefer gaining stat exp. points from living each Day and Night and for successful kills. With this added on, getting 300 points would be too easy IMO.

Having played as Hidan, how would you like the Immortality to work. I found it very tough to be fair about it. His character was actually the last one I made, because I just skipped over it when writing the OP ;) When I came back to it, I still don't think I got it right. One thing that has to change is that he should control one person to only kill themselves because that's what Hidan actually does in Naruto.

In any case, great game Itachi B)) ...it was fun to plan with the rest of Team Kakashi and try to figure out our enemies' identities. I just didn't realize that Hidan only needed five days of training to get his special... :blink:

Thanks, and as for Hidan: his stats were changed when the game began to be 50,25,25

Honestly, the most challenging part of the game for me was remembering the names of the characters. There are so many similar names: kakuzu, kabuto, kisami, kakashi; sasori, sakura, sasuke. I am not all that familiar with the show so I would have to go back and read the character descriptions after every night post. :D Other than that and, of course, the un-attainable Special Power, I thought the game was great!!

Thanks and congrats on surviving! I guess the names just seem different to me because I watch Naruto every week and it's my favorite show. Yeah, the nearly unattainable special ability thing actually turned into a psychological test of sorts :D

Also, I think one of the outed Akatsuki should have asked Orochimaru to make the Proposal before they got executed.

Yeah, that would've been helpful

Well, it's gotta be two groups because of the Naruto story, and I like sticking to that as much as possible. I really like the idea of sharing points among living members or starting a group out with points and having them divide them themselves. That's a great idea (like Astray somewhat, only in this case it's with BTSC and not blind to teammates)
Sorry for not clarifying. I meant having the baddies split into two groups (of two), instead of three groups of two (if you really needed to have them split). b/c the Stat sharing thing wouldn't be very good, if they only started with two people in each group... I think at least three would be needed.

I think I'd prefer gaining stat exp. points from living each Day and Night and for successful kills. With this added on, getting 300 points would be too easy IMO.

I like that. What if that's what the heroes do... but the baddie group is allotted say... 1000pts to split between 6 players. As each one died, the remaining players would become more powerful.

Having played as Hidan, how would you like the Immortality to work. I found it very tough to be fair about it. His character was actually the last one I made, because I just skipped over it when writing the OP ;) When I came back to it, I still don't think I got it right. One thing that has to change is that he should control one person to only kill themselves because that's what Hidan actually does in Naruto.

The Hidan thing was very tough to work with. The upside was my stats. Having 50,25,25 allowed me to be the only one to use Special Abilities. However, the special ability was my only attack, which made the chakra and the attribute kinda pointless. There was no hope for me to take action in any way except to prevent myself from being killed at night... which for all practical purposes was the same as using a defense.

That said... how to improve it? Well I agree that the chakra thing should be low... but it's so low that it is truly pointless. I guess just leave that how it is.... Maybe if Hidan was default at 4 people to kill him at night, but his regular ability is to control someone's actions or make them kill themselves or whatever,(which, again would be used any day but not two in a row) However it takes only one or two people to kill him the night that he uses the ability. I might come up with more later B))

Well...That didn't go quite like I would have hoped...But at least I managed to accomplish what I wanted to do...

Ditto :P

Yes, I thought that Hidan would have his special by Night 5, and with Itachi learning dawh was Naruto, and Kabuto's RID kill, they had the potential to kill 3 Konohas, which is why I opted for the offensive strategy.

That said... how to improve it? Well I agree that the chakra thing should be low... but it's so low that it is truly pointless. I guess just leave that how it is.... Maybe if Hidan was default at 4 people to kill him at night, but his regular ability is to control someone's actions or make them kill themselves or whatever,(which, again would be used any day but not two in a row) However it takes only one or two people to kill him the night that he uses the ability. I might come up with more later B))

When I said I'd "be sure to send you the appropriate company", I meant I was sending Sai with his halving ability. I wasn't expect you to be suicidal :P. I sent two people after Kakuzu as well, as I didn't expect him to be suicidal either and wanted to prevent him from acting, so that you would be forced to use Immortality instead of the special power, if you had wanted to live. I was also expecting Rock Lee to make his attack, and it seems so were you ;), so with Sai's halving your Immortality it makes it so that you can be killed by 2 people. That is also why I did not specify which member of my team I was sending after which person, since I did not want Hidan to realize he was dead. B))

Oh well, all's well that ends well :D! I want to thank my wonderful Team Kakashi and the rest of my allies for their contribution, and say that our enemies played their hands very well as well ;). Good game everyone, and farewell!

:lol: even in the end people are afraid to talk... Seeing as how nobody talks in this game, I doubt votes will change :P I'm gonna be afk for a few hours. I'll end the Day when I get back.

Great game Itachi-san.

In fact I thought you are going to lynch JS first for his inactiveness but anyway, being the last baddies to be eliminated makes me feel good.

PG, remember your promise, I am buying air-ticket now!!! :P

Itachi-san,

As always, you've done a great job as host. Thank you, Tsunade. Each sucessive ABR has been better and more enjoyable than the prevoius one. And I
really
enjoyed ABR2. The narrative was engaging and well written. You stay true to the character's and I'm excited every time I see my characters name (or my character's aletr-ego, me) in the Night or Day posts.

My Teammates,

Excellent playing you guys. You were very involved and did a fantastic job with suggestions and scenarios which lead to good decision making (most of the time
:rolleyes:
). You guys helped make this the most fun ABR yet. *High Fives all around*

Everybody,

Good Game.

Great game Itachi-san.

In fact I thought you are going to lynch JS first for his inactiveness but anyway, being the last baddies to be eliminated makes me feel good.

PG, remember your promise, I am buying air-ticket now!!! :P

Sure thing! Make sure and fly into Mid-Continent International Airport. I'll have the tacos ready! ;)

And yes, Mekal, you count as a winner so you may partake of the brownie feast!!

Edited by puzzlegirl

Thanks Tsunade for yet another epic ABR. :D Well played Shinobis, Rock Lee was in recuperation, so he decided not to attack. Sorry Kakashi, but it didn't matter in the end, I guess. Yeah! Training got to me and I didn't let Rock Lee attack even for a single night. :P

Yay! PG's brownies did in Sasuke. Sasuke! Thanks for attacking me. :P

Itachi-san thanks alot for hosting, this a great version of ABR, I can't wait to play the tweaked version, it'll surely be brilliant. Apologies about my inactivity last day, I thought I would get on later in the day, and I didn't... sorry. But us Konohans did the business anyway :blush: .

Would like to say thank you to WallyWest, dawh and PT who made up Team Kakashi, and thanks to them I think my understanding of this game and Mafia-type games in general has improved, it was a great insight into how best to play tactically being involved in discussions with them... was very enjoyable! thanks! ^_^

Can't wait for the next one :) .

Edited by Joe's Student