BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Anime Battle Royale: Naruto

itachi-san

Well my vote is going to be for unreality... sorry man. After reading for a while I believe you to be Akatsuki. Like everyone else I have little to go on but there's two things I've picked up on... one of them points to you being a dangerous threat to Konoha.

Hokage: Tsunade

1) Puzzlegirl - voting for unreality

2) Mekal - Voting for Kat

3) Dawh - voting for Laharl

4) Prof. Templeton - voting for Kat

5) Kat

6) Prince Marth

7) Laharl

8) unreality

9) Joe's Student - voting for unreality

10) woon

11) Panther

12) Cherry Lane - voting for Kat

13) GC - voting for Mekal

14) Brandonb - voting for Kat

15) FIF - voting for Mekal

16) Wally West

17) Sinistral

The other... well that makes our returning friend look suspicious.

Edit: Fixing vote

Edited by Joe's Student

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Night 1 Addendum: Shikamaru's Wisdom

Shikamaru practically sleep-walked all day. "I can't believe Kat wasn't where I thought she would be. How could I... have been... so.. THERE SHE IS!"

Kat came running by and froze in her tracks. She was bound by her shadow! She followed the trail over to a guy nonchalantly leaning against a nearby wall.

1151417915_Shikamaru.jpg

Shikamaru: Gotcha! ...finally. Don't worry, I'm not much of a killer. However, I do have something for you.

Kat: ..what? I guess I have no choice but to hear you out.

Shikamaru: hehe, alright then.. riddle me this...

Kat: Um, well, hmm...

Kat stood there for a while trying to answer the clever Shikamaru's riddle. She stood there so long she didn't even realize he left a while ago and she was no longer bound to the ground. She stood there so long she even forgot what she did last last night!

1) Puzzlegirl

2) Mekal

3) Dawh

4) Prof. Templeton

5) Kat

6) Prince Marth

7) Laharl

8) unreality

9) Joe's Student

10) woon

11) Panther

12) Cherry Lane

13) GC

14) Brandonb

15) FIF

16) Wally West

17) Sinistral

Prologue

Night 1

I'll reconsider my vote. I think someone would be less inclined to return to an "evil/bad guy" character.

4) Prof. Templeton

5) Kat

6) Prince Marth

7) Laharl

8) unreality

9) Joe's Student voting for unreality

10) woon

11) Panther

16) Wally West

17) Sinistral

Random vote:

Number 16!!!

4) Prof. Templeton

5) Kat

6) Prince Marth

7) Laharl

8) unreality

10) woon -voting for Wally West

11) Panther

16) Wally West

17) Sinistral

Well my vote is going to be for unreality... sorry man. After reading for a while I believe you to be Akatsuki. Like everyone else I have little to go on but there's two things I've picked up on...

Instead of vaguely saying "oh I picked up on stuff" and not saying what you picked up on (so that I can debunk it, because I assure you I'm not Akatsuki), actually give some cold hard evidence. Even a quoted post would be fine. But saying something like "oh I picked up on something... you know..." without elaborating is a crucially bad play, and you know this and I know this and you know I know this and I know you know this... making such vague sweeping statements in an attempt to get others to 'search' for something 'bad' I said is a very suspicious thing to do. So how about you back up your statements, and I will let it pass :P

one of them points to you being a dangerous threat to Konoha. The other... well that makes our returning friend look suspicious.

Oh, so you think I was defending Kat? And so you think Kat was suspicious and that's why I am suspicious? But your reason for Kat being suspicious is me defending her while being suspicious?

That is circular reasoning, my friend :D It's like saying "Supose broccoli tastes good. Thus Broccoli Pie tastes good... because broccoli pie tastes good, it proves my assertion that broccolis taste good" :rolleyes: You're connecting 2 and 2 and getting Santa Clause, JS ;D If you abandon the faulty bouts of logic and give some actual reasons for voting for me, I will happily comply

Furthermore, I was not defending Kat in any way. That should be obvious to anyone unless you are willing to twist my words. My original defense was Kat was based on an intution I had regarding my role and what hers could be (both good), though I could be wrong of course, and so I didn't push it that hard and even agreed to vote her off, cuz it was the best course of action. If you look, I was very willing to vote her off when it was best for the group... that's because I'm not defending her! Jeeez. She was the best pick to leave.... however when she returned I sensibly withdrew my vote, as should all of you. The metagame-level problem of inactivity has passed, so we need to start focusing on more concrete evidence.

Unreality: That's a fairly large answer for a first day vote :P. So ok you asked me why i just made a sweeping statement? Simple: to see your reaction ;). Not sure what to make of it yet..

As for why I'm voting for you is actually more to do with a post made by CP: Post.

So much more strategy in this one..plus you dont even know who your team mates are..and you want ot kill the other team, not your own..

more complicated but more fun as well. Yeah kat, you may want to PM your mates instead of talking out in the open forum hun.

Ok so this would be a strange statement for an innocent. "Plus you don't even know who your team mates are" is an odd complaint for an innocent. If CP/(unreality) was indeed an innocent why would she complain about not knowing her team mates? Sure that's the way it's been in any Mafia-type game from the start. Baddies have BTSC, innocents are in the dark.

But this time Akatsuki only partially know each other. Which is strange for baddies and which is why i think CP made this statement. Because she/(unreality) is Akatsuki. So yea I stand by that, it's all there is to go on so in all honesty, I'm as sure as I can be at this stage that you're a threat to our precious Konoha...

As for Kat, well you were the most staunch supporter of giving Itachi the time to find a replacement for her, and not vote her dead. So this along with one other thing makes me think she's your partner Akatsuki.

And before you try and goad me into saying the one other thing, I'm not going to say, and I have no obligation to do so :D

Good observation. I forgot that I took over for CP :) And obviously I can't really defend anything CP said, but let's face it, she didn't always make much sense in mafia games, sometimes that was even her strategy. I agree that what she said sounds suspicious, in fact incriminatingly so. First let me say that I didn't think you could come through with anything substantial, so good job :D (Though I see you are still holding onto the suspicious "extra" evidence card [the 'unknown knowledge' card, ie, saying that you have a reason to suspect someone that you are not saying so as to make others discover evidence themselves while you may not have had any in the first place]), sorry for doubting you in that regards ;D

Anyway, back to CP. (Wait another tangent: why should I not respond with a long post? You made a serious accusation against me, on the first day. Of course I'm going to respond). I cannot defend or justify anything she said before she quit the game [obviously], though I am going to say that it would be unnecessarily cruel to villainify me based on what my previous compatriot said, being that it doesn't make much sense, even to me - because I'm a good guy! I have no idea why she said what she did. I have a suspicion as to why, actually two

(1) her previous role (also innocent) had BTSC contact with another player. <- that's just one possible reason. I'm not sure what game she played last time, but when I have the time I'll find out and check it out

(2) it has to do with our role (CP's and now mine). The nature of it is that we want to fish out bad guys. In fact I don't understand every intricacy of the role yet, but I know the basic gist and goal. And that means CP probably didn't grasp the idea any better than me when Itachi first PMed it. CP may have sounded too baddyish in her attempt to succeed at the role's abilities. I can't really say anymore or it would give the role away, but I swear I am innocent :D

Now what about you, JS? Do you have any defense? On the first day, you are deliberately and unswayingly attacking a specific person, and playing some suspicious cards while doing so. I'm not voting for you, but my suspicion level has definitely increased

Unreality: your point (2) has given me something to think about, and I'll not just stop considering things now that I've voted. BUT I'm still gonna stick with my first thoughts and vote, but happy, with more evidence (in favour of your innocence, or against someone else), to be convinced to vote for someone else.

As for me, I have nothing to defend myself against :). I made a vote, tried to draw a response from someone I believed to be Akatsuki, and have backed up my vote with (in my eyes) a valid reason. Whether other people agree with where I'm coming from, we'll see :P. So I don't see any suspicious behaviour there :)

I, too, will remove my vote, now that Kat is back. I just don't know what to replace it with yet.

2) Mekal

4) Prof. Templeton

5) Kat

6) Prince Marth

7) Laharl

8) unreality

11) Panther

12) Cherry Lane

16) Wally West

17) Sinistral

What Unreality has said confirms what I thought about his role ;) . Since he is defending Kat, who has agreed to return, I will put my vote elsewhere.

4) Prof. Templeton

5) Kat

6) Prince Marth

7) Laharl

8) unreality

11) Panther

12) Cherry Lane

16) Wally West - voting for Panther

17) Sinistral

He seems to be jumping in the vote and removing the vote as the opinion tide turns with no explanation. Not much, but all I've got.

(Removed CL's vote when I saw her post)

Edited by Wally West

fixing up the roster:

1) Puzzlegirl - voting for unreality <- was voting for me cuz she had no suspicions, remember ;D

4) Prof. Templeton

5) Kat

6) Prince Marth

7) Laharl

8) unreality

10) woon - voting for Wally West

11) Panther

12) Cherry Lane

17) Sinistral

Really!? 'Akatsuki' wasn't enough evidence? :P j/k

Good to have you back Kat. But now we are all in trouble anyway. Seems that time will be up in 3 hrs (post goes up in about 4 hrs I guess) and there are really no options right now. -_-

So........ I've heard a couple bumps in the night, but I dunno what exactly to do now except take a shot in the dark :unsure:

What say you Mekal?

4) Prof. Templeton

5) Kat

6) Prince Marth

7) Laharl

8) unreality

11) Panther

12) Cherry Lane

14) Brandonb - voting for Mekal

17) Sinistral

though I am going to say that it would be unnecessarily cruel to villainify me based on what my previous compatriot said, being that it doesn't make much sense, even to me
BTW, 2 things. 1- I like the word villainify, nice. 2- pertaining to the quote, from the reasoning presented, you are not the one being villainified (I guess that's the past tense? :P ) your role is being villainified, which is acceptable... but I don't necessarily believe you are a baddie, for now... Edited by Brandonb

Well, UR, I'm going to go ahead an keep my vote for you (unless something else substantial comes out) because after reading the whole back-and-forth between you and JS you come off very nervously defensive. This does not disprove your innocence...but it does make you look more suspicious than JS. Now, I also understand that very few others, including myself, have even bothered to post more than a single sentence today. This is probably because we have NOTHING to go off of. Hopefully we can get a little more information out of tonight's post. Until then, we have to place a vote...and I'm keeping mine where it is.

4) Prof. Templeton

5) Kat

6) Prince Marth

7) Laharl

8) unreality

11) Panther

12) Cherry Lane

17) Sinistral

fixing up the roster:

1) Puzzlegirl - voting for unreality <- was voting for me cuz she had no suspicions, remember ;D

lol...I think the only thing you "fixed" was to add you editorial on PG's vote. And you didn't fix Mekal (remember, he withdrew his vote here)

So now I’ll fix it

And as for my own vote: if Mekal hadn’t withdrawn his vote when Kat came back, I would have been voting for him, but as it is now...I don't know what to do. I do like what WW said, though, so I'll go with that thought.

2) Mekal

4) Prof. Templeton

5) Kat

6) Prince Marth

7) Laharl

8) unreality

11) Panther

12) Cherry Lane - voting for Panther

17) Sinistral

Edited by Cherry Lane

CL: I also fixed up woon's all-green voting declaration :P

As for who I should vote for - well I have no clue, to be honest. Itachi, since I'm leaving in a little bit and won't be back until later, can I not vote and also not get marked down for inactivity? Cuz I've been very active today, I just have no voting target in mind and will be gone during the final hours

2) Mekal

4) Prof. Templeton

5) Kat

6) Prince Marth

7) Laharl

8) unreality

11) Panther

17) Sinistral - voting for Panther

Really not much to go on here... but the idea of voting for someone because they were bad in a previous mafia game does not make any sense and seems suspicious to me.

2) Mekal

3) Dawh - voting for unreality

4) Prof. Templeton

5) Kat

6) Prince Marth

7) Laharl

8) unreality

11) Panther

I have to agree with Puzzlegirl on this one. Unreality does seem to be acting a little defensive. Joe's Student was just asking for more information and Unreality jumped on him. Sorry Unreality, nothing personal (but you know that. :P )

Edit: added Sinistral's vote

Edited by dawh

He wasn't asking for more information, I can bring up quotes if you'd like. He accused me from the getgo - to NOT act defensive would be ridiculous. What did you want me to do? Laugh him off and say "haha I know you're just kidding about voting for me, I'm not even going to bother to counter your points, haha"? That's not me, and you know it :P You have yet to see a REAL defensive mafia ploy come from me (think lostpedia mafia 'The Cult' game hosted by TheWhispered on LP, if you know what I'm referring to)

anyway, itachi, did you see post 91?

Edited by unreality

2) Mekal

3) Dawh - voting for unreality

4) Prof. Templeton

5) Kat -voting for Mekal

6) Prince Marth

7) Laharl

8) unreality

11) Panther

It's kinda a random first vote, and my suspicions point more to Mekal than Panther or Unreality.

~Kat

I guess Itachi's rule is adequate. I mean, if you're not going to participate, what's the point in playing, ya know? I'm glad I'm not inactive...

Edited by frozen_in_fire

So I won't lose a Defense for not voting? :) And I'm glad to be here (for however short a time before these guys conspire to lynch me for no reason lol)

Suck it up and vote. You of all people should know that the game does not progress, and no info can be learned, when everyone just sits back and drools instead of taking some sort of action. The less voting that occurs today, the less we know. The less we know, the more likely we are to vote out a good guy. Since your actions (or inaction) is leading to a more likely chance of us lynching a good guy... I am beginning to change my mind about you.

Edit: spelling

Edited by Brandonb