BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

itachi-san

Question

I've got the new aspects of ABR4 pretty much figured out, so I might as well get the ball rolling. I'll figure all the little intricacies out during the Sign-up B)) I can format the game for however many people sign up, so please just add to the list. Since I've frequently made people change genders, I figured it was about time I ate some of my own medicine :D This game will be entirely based off of Naruto. Also, it will focus a lot on customization. Basically, as the game progresses, you will have control over how your character develops. Also, it will nearly be impossible to die on the First Night. ;)

Hokage: Tsunade

1)

One thing I'd like to get some feedback for is the puzzle challenge. It seems to be a mixed bag of opinions, though most have been in favor of it as I am. Essentially, if you claim any role or any specific ability that only one character can have you have to face a puzzle challenge. This puts a little penalty on the Heroes for outing themselves and leaving the Villains wide open. I'm further inclined to do this based on the Heroes game that just finished. Since basically every Hero came out with their role in pretty specific terms ("I'll Fly you to safety" for example) it was extremely easy to pinpoint the baddies. I would like some positive/negative feedback on that concept though, because I'm probably going to incorporate that rule.

Also, please include a date you'd like to see the game start. I'm shooting for about a week from now.

Edit: Nights end when I get all the pms. Days end 24 hours after the Night Post

• Answers 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

well, you know I'm in. I just can't get enough of those lynchings...guess I'm just morbidly fascinated with my own death :P

1) PG

I'm in agreement about the riddles. Also I think it would be wise to require all the players to log in as Invisible/Anonymous whether they are PMing or not..if they are playing the game, they need to be untracely behind the scenes.

As far as a start date: how about at least 1/2 way through cruise ship mafia...so about a week from now, maybe 10 days.

Eidt: added my opinions

Edited by puzzlegirl

Oh the sign-up's already started o_o YOU KNOW I HAVE TO BE IN!! As for a start date, anytime's fine for me

1) PG

2) Mekal

3) Dawh

4) Prof. Templeton

5) Kat

6) Prince Marth

Edit: Changed "Recruiter" to "Hokage"

Edited by Prince_Marth85

My business is booming at the moment, so I may be a little more busy than usual...

I will do my best in being active B))

1) PG

2) Mekal

3) Dawh

4) Prof. Templeton

5) Kat

6) Prince Marth

7) SK

8) CP

9)

10)

(Lucky number 7 :P)

I want spot 7 CP hehe

Edited by sweetness kat

What am I waiting for?

1) PG

2) Mekal

3) Dawh

4) Prof. Templeton

5) Kat

6) Prince Marth

7) SK

8) CP

9) JS

10) woon

Very soon I will suffer from the sickness of behaving with multiple characters. :blink:

It seems my self-imposed mafia exile must end sooner than I'd planned....I just can't resist the pull of ABR...

(tries not to add name....fails. tries to delete name....fails. tries not to click 'add reply'...)

1) Puzzlegirl

2) Mekal

3) Dawh

4) Prof. Templeton

5) Kat

6) Prince Marth

7) Sweetness Kat

8) Crazypainter

9) Joe's Student

10) woon

11) Panther

12) Cherry Lane

Just my view :) ... i think the riddle/puzzle idea of a puzzle is a good one, but I'm just wondering is it necessary the penalty for answering wrongly being as strong as death? Just a question, or do you think it's the best possible way? Is there any other type of punishment that could be imposed instead?

I'm only thinking this wondering what you can do if you're about to be lynched and the only way you can save yourself is by outing your role? I agree all the Heroes coming out with theirs in Heroes Mafia took away from the game a bit, so i definitely think there should be something to prevent that. But if your only option is to out your role then it seems a bit unlucky just, and plays right into the hands of the baddies maybe?

These are just my thoughts so if you already have answers to all these questions... great :lol: , i trust your judgement Itachi lol, but was just wondering :)

Edited by Joe's Student

Yeah! Puzzles are a must is my opinion. Sorry to say, but the intensity really dropped for me in Heroes, as we knew all the hero roles. It was just a question of time for the heroes to win the the game. But I agree with JS about the death penalty being a little tough. Maybe we could reduce the death penalty to a "night of inability to defend or attack" for the heroes who are about to be executed and have to come out with their role. For others I think the penalty should be death. Just my opinion, Itachi can make the tough decisions. :P

Just my view :) ... i think the riddle/puzzle idea of a puzzle is a good one, but I'm just wondering is it necessary the penalty for answering wrongly being as strong as death? Just a question, or do you think it's the best possible way? Is there any other type of punishment that could be imposed instead?

I'm only thinking this wondering what you can do if you're about to be lynched and the only way you can save yourself is by outing your role? I agree all the Heroes coming out with theirs in Heroes Mafia took away from the game a bit, so i definitely think there should be something to prevent that. But if your only option is to out your role then it seems a bit unlucky just, and plays right into the hands of the baddies maybe?

These are just my thoughts so if you already have answers to all these questions... great :lol: , i trust your judgement Itachi lol, but was just wondering :)

I have to agree with Joe's Student. It is an issue that the good guys can come out with their roles and leave the bad guys hanging, but it's sort of like Unreality's Mafia Wipeout. It was an arbitrary fix to a real problem; as a result, it didn't solve anything. We didn't really get to test this fix last time as most people had already revealed their roles before the rule was put into place, so it could work. Then again, some people have already stated that they will be prevented from even using that even as a last resort as they are not as adept at solving puzzles as other people.

Unreality has tried to solve this in some with roles that can kill with a correctly identified role/identity pair; maybe that could be a way to go. Maybe that could be an additional ability for independent characters like LeLouche or Laughing Man because as it is, their win conditions are really hard to achieve.

Just a few thoughts.

Well, for this game there are no independent characters. After 3 games, I've seen that those win conditions are too difficult. So it's basically going to be three groups. The middle group will actually be able to decide whether they align with the Villains or the Heroes or just take everyone out and win themselves.

I like your ideas for the puzzle challenge. If you get it right there is no consequence. If you don't, you will be completely action-less on that Night. One thing to keep in mind is that the IDs do not have to be accurate. A baddie claiming to be a good guy will face the challenge too. So in the end there is no actual proof of ID.

BTW, Itachi what's the arbitrary starting date?

Sign-up is going fast. It'll start probably over the weekend. If 3 more join, 17 is the magic number. If more than that want to join I can stretch the game out to have 4 groups. Since this game is going to be a bit of a test on some new ideas, I'd prefer 17 people. I won't pressure people on the Night pms. The biggest thing for me actually is just posting that mammoth first post with the characters and stuff. This one is going to be more complex than the previous ones. :wacko:

Well, for this game there are no independent characters. After 3 games, I've seen that those win conditions are too difficult. So it's basically going to be three groups. The middle group will actually be able to decide whether they align with the Villains or the Heroes or just take everyone out and win themselves.

WOW, that's pretty close to the same idea I posted earlier in Heroes! Wild!

WOW, that's pretty close to the same idea I posted earlier in Heroes! Wild!

hehe, that's cool. It's an idea I've been toying with. I think it's the way to go. For ABR4 the setup will look like this:

1)3 groups of 2-man Akatsuki teams. Each pair will have BTSC and will not know who the other 4 are.

2)Orochimaru's group (3 people with BTSC) can win exclusively or win with either Akatsuki or Konoha with specific conditions.

3)Konoha (has a 4-man group with BTSC - Team Kakashi) and then there are a few other ninjas like Neji and Shikamaru who do not know anyone from the start, but have info gathering skills.

This is a great time, given this setup, for anyone to throw recommendations at me ;)

Also, I'm keeping the biggest addition a secret (it's the customization part and I haven't put the finishing touches on it)

hehe, that's cool. It's an idea I've been toying with. I think it's the way to go. For ABR4 the setup will look like this:

1)3 groups of 2-man Akatsuki teams. Each pair will have BTSC and will not know who the other 4 are.

2)Orochimaru's group (3 people with BTSC) can win exclusively or win with either Akatsuki or Konoha with specific conditions.

3)Konoha (has a 4-man group with BTSC - Team Kakashi) and then there are a few other ninjas like Neji and Shikamaru who do not know anyone from the start, but have info gathering skills.

So, will your little brother be making an appearance?

How could I refuse? Especially since this is my favorite anime...

1) Puzzlegirl

2) Mekal

3) Dawh

4) Prof. Templeton

5) Kat

6) Prince Marth

7) Sweetness Kat

8) Crazypainter

9) Joe's Student

10) woon

11) Panther