BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

The last few days have given ample sleepless nights to a lot of people around the world. Personally, as a knowledge worker in a developing country, I'm having nightmares of having to adapt to an agrarian economy (No hard skills).

Hence, I would like know from fellow Braindenners, what do you foresee as the next ecosystem that humans would / should evolve in over the years to come for our kids.

The diversity of ages, geographic locations should present an interesting perspective.

There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers.

- Richard Feynman

5 answers to this question

The last few days have given ample sleepless nights to a lot of people around the world. Personally, as a knowledge worker in a developing country, I'm having nightmares of having to adapt to an agrarian economy (No hard skills).

Hence, I would like know from fellow Braindenners, what do you foresee as the next ecosystem that humans would / should evolve in over the years to come for our kids.

The diversity of ages, geographic locations should present an interesting perspective.

There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers.

- Richard Feynman

I haven't a clue to what the future brings. I would recommend for everyone in the world to recycle as much as possible. It may not help alot but, every little bit helps. I think we should concentrate on this planet Earth, first, before spending and working out things with others.

I'm hoping that a shift in values will occur in more developed countries. Thanks to our friends in China, we now have more cheap consumer products than anybody will ever know what to do with. Witness the obscenely large pile of unwanted tat under the Christmas tree this year, guaranteed to be bigger and less wanted than ever before! Inevitably we must start to move our focus away from the acquisition of desirable things, and re-evaluate what we want from life. Though our current financial crisis may not offer us immediate help in that area. What we need is so much consumer junk that we finally start to see through it... just a little more prosperity for a little longer and surely we can do it!