BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Heroes: Season 1

Well that's probably one of the best scenarios we could have hoped for. I'm not clear on the Haitian thing though... are we to assume that whenever the Haitian uses his ability on someone it will be shown in the night post? And yeah, I agree with the consensus that Bb is not confirmed because of that.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, check this: it would be silly for the Haitian to act on the first Night, unless he was trying to throw suspicion off of one of his own right? Also, why wouldn't the Company kill the one that the Haitian made powerless? HRG went after Y-San. He should have went after Bb, if Bb was Innocent... Bb is definitely the bad girl in the Company. [Candice]

OK, check this: it would be silly for the Haitian to act on the first Night, unless he was trying to throw suspicion off of one of his own right? Also, why wouldn't the Company kill the one that the Haitian made powerless? HRG went after Y-San. He should have went after Bb, if Bb was Innocent... Bb is definitely the bad girl in the Company. [Candice]

Hmm...Seems a little out there...but it's possible.

Edit: Punctuation

Edited by Prince_Marth85

Some more thoughts:

What reason did the Haitian have to go after Bb? As I see it Bb could be bluffing... <_<

Edit: I see Itachi is thinking the same thing...

Edited by sweetness kat

Well that's probably one of the best scenarios we could have hoped for. I'm not clear on the Haitian thing though... are we to assume that whenever the Haitian uses his ability on someone it will be shown in the night post? And yeah, I agree with the consensus that Bb is not confirmed because of that.

Just to be clear about the Haitian from the show: he puts his hand on people and makes them black out (usually taking some of their memory). That fits the Bb part of the Night Post perfectly so there's no question there.

Host: Mohinder Suresh

1) Brandonb

2) Kathleen

3) Sweetness Kat - voting for Bb

4) Puzzlegirl

5) Prince Marth

6) Sinistral

7) Slick2

8) Crazypainter

9) Itachi - voting for Bb

10) Prof. Templeton

11) Impervious

12) Akaslickster – DEAD[sylar]

13) Yoruichi-san

14) Grey Cells

15) Joe's Student

:o

YAY WE GOT SYLAR! *coughcough* Sorry, thats just probably one of the best nights we could have. Now about the whole brandonb thing, I REALLY am suspicious, but the thing is, he's almost always a baddie, don't you think its about time he was innocent? But then...why did the Haitian (sp?) target him? :blink::huh: Ok, have to read some things over, I don't know what to think (who does on the first night?)

~Kat

Just to be clear about the Haitian from the show: he puts his hand on people and makes them black out (usually taking some of their memory). That fits the Bb part of the Night Post perfectly so there's no question there.

Yeah it does sound like that, but was hoping for some clarification from Frost since the rules seem to mention everything else specifically that will appear in the night post except it makes no mention of that. Most of our argument against him is based on that, and it kinda sucks to be killed off because of a flawed argument based on a misinterpretation of the night post.

Plus, it would be good to have a definite answer so that Y-san can sleep soundly on the nights after we see the Haitian active, and our protection roles can be used elsewhere.

Edited by Sinistral

GC's character was in a house pouring himself some OJ when he was killed... that doesn't seem like something someone from the Company would do

well maybe HRG, but he was out trying to kill YSan...

Few things. There aren't hints in posts. So the OJ thing? It means absolutely nothing. Same deal with timing. Just because it seems like something happens at one time doesn't mean someone can't be a certain role(unless it's physically impossible). Oh, and HRG wasn't out killing Y-san when Hiro killed GC. Hiro went into the future to kill GC, so he won't actually kill GC until tomorrow night. :P

Hmm very curious as to why this would be happening...I must agree with Itachi-san but right now I am hesitant until I hear Bb's defense.

I have to say that we are so damn lucky to have gotten Sylar out of here. That is one less killer of us heros to worry about!!! Woot!

Yes, you will see it, along with Candice using her powers.

Yes, you will see it, along with Candice using her powers.

Great... thanks Frost. :D So we know that Candice didn't do anything last night, and Bb knew the Haitian's action would be visible to everyone... definitely the kind of thing a smart villain would do.

Might change it later, but for now, lets hear what he has to say.

1) Brandonb

2) Kathleen

4) Puzzlegirl

5) Prince Marth

6) Sinistral - voting for Bb

7) Slick2

8) Crazypainter

10) Prof. Templeton

11) Impervious

13) Yoruichi-san

14) Grey Cells

15) Joe's Student

I could certainly see a veteran player like Bb pulling something like that, but couldn't he also be Linderman? It might be too early to rile a mob against Bb though.

What about GC, if he can't effectively defend himself (without giving away his role) would it be advantageous to inject him to discover his ability and make Hiro decision easier? We know he's not Peter or Ted or Hiro.

Darn, you all went for exactly what I was thinking when I read the post.

*When I read the night post I thought "Wow, why me? I SURELY would have gone after Candice or HRG on night one (most likely HRG since the Haitian would have ABSOLUTELY no effect on him). But no, the Haitian targeted me instead. I can come out with my role if I need to, especially now that Sylar is dead, I have very little to fear.

Lets just say... the Haitian's action had no negative effects on me. AND I am NOT a company member ;) Can you get it based on that? You should........... Here, I'll prepare another hint for you all B)) It will be up soon

That said, I need to cast my vote...

1) Brandonb - voting for Itachi

2) Kathleen

4) Puzzlegirl

5) Prince Marth

7) Slick2

8) Crazypainter

10) Prof. Templeton

11) Impervious

13) Yoruichi-san

14) Grey Cells

15) Joe's Student

Please take note: This is not a revenge vote... it's just that I truly cannot believe that Itachi, Ysan, AND myself are all on the same side. But this also doesn't account for CL, who would be my 2nd choice.

Edit: Also in a response to an earlier post. Yeah, the company can kill Ted IF the Haitian AND HRG attack him together. Ted is not totally immortal. The company must double up to kill him, and the same with Sylar, he must double up. And since Ysan is now confirmed, I cannot imagine us lynching her and killing her (unless the company gained a majority).

Edited by Brandonb

1) Brandonb

2) Kathleen

4) Puzzlegirl

5) Prince Marth

7) Slick2

8) Crazypainter- voting for Bb

10) Prof. Templeton

11) Impervious

13) Yoruichi-san

14) Grey Cells

15) Joe's Student

Ok I am going to put my vote in now...and my reason is that I was waiting for Brandon to voice his thoughts...

I was waiting for him to finish writing as I checked another game. He was in here writing as I could see below

on our thread. As I returned to read his reply/defense he is gone...now I am really having no other option but be

suspicious.

"Great... thanks Frost. :D So we know that Candice didn't do anything last night, and Bb knew the Haitian's action would be visible to everyone... definitely the kind of thing a smart villain would do."

And brandon you are one damn smart player bud!

edit:change color coding and typing

Edited by crazypainter

1) Brandonb voting for Itachi

2) Kat - voting for brandonb

4) Puzzlegirl

5) Prince Marth

7) Slick2

10) Prof. Templeton

11) Impervious

13) Yoruichi-san

14) Grey Cells

15) Joe's Student

Ok, I'm hearing out what brandonb is saying, and I'm going to be pretty versitile with today's vote. I want to hear what a couple people have to say on the night, and then I'll lock in my decision. And you forgot Brandon's vote, CP ;)

~Kat

Edit: Took out quote tags

Edited by Kathleen

Ok I am going to put my vote in now...and my reason is that I was waiting for Brandon to voice his thoughts...

I was waiting for him to finish writing as I checked another game. He was in here writing as I could see below

on our thread. As I returned to read his reply/defense he is gone...now I am really having no other option but be

suspicious.

I thought that might happen. I had to CTRL+X and abandon what I was writing so that I could respond to Sinistral and get the current lynch roster. Sorry that it looked suspicious for that 5secs of in-between time :P

And brandon you are one damn smart player bud!

Thanks! Hopefully spilling my guts about what my strategy would have been will help clear me :)

Darn, you all went for exactly what I was thinking when I read the post.

*When I read the night post I thought "Wow, why me? I SURELY would have gone after Candice or HRG on night one (most likely HRG since the Haitian would have ABSOLUTELY no effect on him). But no, the Haitian targeted me instead. I can come out with my role if I need to, especially now that Sylar is dead, I have very little to fear.

Lets just say... the Haitian's action had no negative effects on me. AND I am NOT a company member ;) Can you get it based on that? You should........... Here, I'll prepare another hint for you all B)) It will be up soon

(((deleted )))

Edit: Also in a response to an earlier post. Yeah, the company can kill Ted IF the Haitian AND HRG attack him together. Ted is not totally immortal. The company must double up to kill him, and the same with Sylar, he must double up. And since Ysan is now confirmed, I cannot imagine us lynching her and killing her (unless the company gained a majority).

Ok this is weird...I am aware that Bb and I were typing at the same time but why would Bb basically tell the Villians/company how to kill Ted? If they are so smart or smart enough to try and pull a frame job, wouldnt they know that as well?

Ok this is weird...I am aware that Bb and I were typing at the same time but why would Bb basically tell the Villians/company how to kill Ted? If they are so smart or smart enough to try and pull a frame job, wouldnt they know that as well?

If he was company he'd already know how to kill Ted, so announcing it doesn't harm anything other than to let the heroes know so that Y-san can be protected. I disagree with that argument.

OK, my painfully obvious hint has been posted. I hope it doesn't scare anyone :P

Edit: It should take effect soon

Edit2: On 2nd thought... I don't wanna do it. I have never made that change before, and I don't plan on ever doing it.

So... how else to defend myself.........................

Well, it's day one, and due to the outcome of last night's events, I really have no way to prove my identity. Therefore I cannot make a case to save myself, however, I can make other accusations... I just doubt they will be as effective as the evidence against myself.

Edit3: Well, if I do get lynched, at least I won't die. I just hate that I wouldn't be able to use the ability for the 2nd night in a row (not that it would have helped the first night anyway)

Edited by Brandonb

(Long Post Here)

!

Bam Itachi I'm suspicious of you right now! You've concocted a near-perfect frame!

Great Night Heroes! I do love Sylar, but not in this game :P I probably would have nailed down Slick as Sylar. Power like that would just go to his head. no pun in 10 did. OK GC, defend yourself!

Let's start with this simple, inconspicuous statement. Nothing in it to start, it's itachi's first post after the night post. Going after GC. Fair enough. You'll see where this comes in later in my reasoning..

Ah, wth, I'll start the vote. I think Bb is up to his clever tactics. We know he's not the Haitain, but he could easily be the girl who changes reality (I forget the name right now). By having the Haitian come after him, he's trying to throw suspicion off of himself. Bb please convince me otherwise B)) Anyway, I was missing us going at it, that's another reason. ;)

Then changes to Bb, again fair enough saying that he could be up to his usual tactics and double bluffing people.

This is what made me suspicious. Why would it be silly for him to act the first night?

So it got me thinking:

- Itachi & co. plan to frame Bb. He knows as well as all of us that Bb is a sometimes a slimey player (to be taken as a compliment :P ), so he has an idea if he presents such an argument he's likely to convince others without real evidence. It's a pretty clever idea actually...

-Haitian selects Bb

-Company(Itachi) target Y-San

-Itachi then talks about GC, waits a while to see does anyone pick up on it.

-Then out of the blue pulls this argument out of the bag, all set up by him and fellow company members, against Bb.

-Fits in well, almost too well, i.e i think if this had have been Bb's idea he would have forseen people picking up on it like Itachi has.

What I'm trying to say if this was Bb's idea then he would have realised (I think) that someone like Itachi would have seen through it. So i was thinking could it be a frame? And if so who could have done it? I believe, the initiater, Itachi.

I'm just going with my gut instinct here...

Edits: Lots of typos :P and emphasis

Edited by Joe's Student

1) Brandonb voting for Itachi

2) Kat - voting for brandonb

4) Puzzlegirl

5) Prince Marth

7) Slick2

10) Prof. Templeton

11) Impervious voting for Bb

13) Yoruichi-san

14) Grey Cells

15) Joe's Student

I'm just going on a hunch. After reading through everyone's thoughts, and getting the hang of how these things work, I'm gonna have to go with Bb. The company is quite the sneaky organization, why not make it seem like they are on opposite sides to throw everybody off?