BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Heroes: Season 1

Night 3

The End of the Line

Peter stepped down the stairs of the dark train station. The one overhanging light flickered as he took the last step with a light jump. He looked around. “Where was everyone?” he thought to himself. “Never mind, I have something of greater importance to worry about.” Peter walked down the platform, his eyes darting about for any signs of movement. As he approached the middle of the platform, a figure loomed into Peter’s view in front of him. “I wonder what ability I’ll get now,” he thought, grinning. The figure stood motionless as Peter came up behind him.

~~~~~~~~~~

Brandonb was exhausted. After a lot of work, he had collapsed in the train car onto one of the seats to relax. In fact, he was so tired that he fell asleep. The train rode on through the dark tunnels, Brandonb unaware that he passed his stop ten minutes ago.

~~~~~~~~~~

Niki looked up at the night sky. She was waiting. She had been waiting all night, for the past three nights, for something, anything to come her way. It had finally arrived. Crazypainter walked down the road under the dim glow of the street lights. Suddenly, a fist shot out and socked her right on the skull. CP crumpled, dead.

~~~~~~~~~~

HRG-shoots-claude.jpg

HRG whirled around and fired. Peter quickly dove out of the way. HRG fired again, and again. Peter dodged both times, but the second time he rolled off the platform onto the train tracks. HRG steps over to the edge of the platform and peers down at Peter, who was lying on his back, slightly stunned from the fall. He readies his gun, about to shoot, when off in the distance he notices the headlights of an oncoming train. HRG glances back down at Peter, and fires. But Peter was gone.

~~~~~~~~~~

Brandonb woke up to the sound of the speaker chiming “end of the line, please exit the train.” He blinked his eyes and slowly got up from his chair. “Where am I?” he thought to himself. He struggled up, holding onto the side of the train. “End of the line,” the speakers repeated. “Yeah, yeah, I’m going,” BB mumbled. He got off the train, a little dazed. Out of nowhere, someone walks up to him. Brandonb stares at the Haitian, who returns the favor coldly. HRG steps out from behind a column. “It’s not like I could have stopped you guys anyway, what’s the point of the Haitian being here?” “Just precautions,” HRG replied. Then he fired. BB dropped to the ground, lifeless.

~~~~~~~~~~

CP’s lifeless body lay shoved in a corner, alone, rejected. A person approached her. He glanced down at CP and waved his hand over her body. Her pale skin regained life, and her crushed skull rebuilt itself. CP got up and dusted herself off. “Thanks Linderman,” she said, and walked off.

~~~~~~~~~~

The night air was cool and crisp as Slick hurried down the sidewalk. As he passed under a bridge, someone stepped out behind him. “Hello Slick,” Ted mumbled. There was a flash of light, and the charred remains of Slick fell to the ground. Ted walked off into the night, as the wind started to pick up.

~~~~~~~~~~

“Ahhhh…oof!” Hiro landed facedown with a thud. “This time travelling thing is starting to get wear me out,” he thought. He got up and looked at the house he had arrived at. “The lights are off; it looks like no one’s home.” Hiro turned around and hurried over to a man that was out for an evening stroll. “Excuse me, but do you know where the person that lives there is?” Hiro asked him. “Well, I’m sorry to say that she died last night in a terrible crash,” the man replied. “What?” Hiro thought, “I wonder what happens…well, she’s not here, might as well return.” Hiro disappeared, leaving behind an astonished man, who thought that he had had too much to drink that night.

~~~~~~~~~~

Kathleen glanced across the train at Candice, then back down at the smoking gun in her hands. PG looked around the cabin of the train. “If only Sylar hadn’t died so early…” thought Kat. The train pulled to a stop at the next station, and the Haitian boarded the train. “What took you so long CP?” HRG asked. “I had a few things to take care of…though I think they got to Slick.” “Linderman? Oh well, we don’t need him anymore.” The train started up again, with four more passengers then when it had stopped. Besides CP, DL had snuck onto the train with Niki and Micah, into one of the first few cabins. “Sweetness Kat, you guard the door. If they come after us, knock them out,” DL said. “Fine, but you keep an eye on Micah, GC,” she replied. DL and Micah headed up to the conductor’s room. “Alright Micah, you know what to do.” Micah placed his hand over the controls, a few lights flickered. The train started to speed up. “We need to get out of here, now,” he said. They rushed back to Niki, who was waiting for them by the door. “You guys ready?” she asked. “Yeah.” DL grabbed the two of them and phased through the door.

Kat looked up. “What’s going on?” she wondered. She got out of her chair and went up to the window to look out. The trees rushed past before she could see them, the train was accelerating rapidly. “Oh shi…”

The train shot off the edge of a cliff, plummeting towards the forest below. As it cascaded down, the faint but ever repeating voice from the speakers on the train muttered “end of the line…end of the line…end of the line…”

Host: Mohinder Suresh - Me :P

1) Brandonb - Isaac

2) Kathleen - HRG

3) Sweetness Kat - Niki

4) Puzzlegirl - Candice

5) Prince Marth - Molly

6) Sinistral - Parkman

7) Slick2 - Linderman

8) Crazypainter – The Haitian

9) Itachi - Peter

10) Prof. Templeton - Nathan

11) Impervious - Hiro

12) Akaslickster - Sylar

13) Yoruichi-san - Ted

14) Grey Cells - DL

15) Joe's Student - Claire

Well, I'm sorry guys, but the first run of HEROES: Season 1 is over... :P The company kinda just gave up, they really didn't have a chance(mainly because Sylar died so early). That means that it's a success for the Heroes, nice work guys!

It was fun while it lasted, especially hosting it. You guys have no idea how much I was laughing when all of the Heroes were battling it out between each other(especially BB and Itachi), not really noticing the company until later in the game. Though you guys played a good game, I was happy to see the amount of discussion that went into it.

Anyway, keep a lookout, as HEROES: Season 1.1, the new and improved version of this game, will start sometime(but not really soon).

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang, oh well, it all sorta went downhill after Sylar died...it was fun though, good job innocents! I hope one day I actually join your ranks, it seems my baddie roles WAY outnumber my innocent roles...<_< Hey Sinistral, think you could work your HRG magic on my fox avatar? :D:lol: It's been fun guys, can't wait for Season Two, but first up, another deadly cruise on Cruise Ship Mafia (one more spot, you know you want it ;) )

~HRG Kat

Edit: Loved my last line :lol:

Edited by Kathleen

You were way too obvious. I identified Niki on day 2 and knew she was Sweetness so you accusing SK so much just made you the TOP of my list.

And probably all the other Heroes too. I wasn't even sure just how useful Molly's power would be but I guess it was more useful than I first thought.

Yeah, losing sylar so fast really made it tough. Oh well, funny that I flew under the

radar for so long... I knew it wouldnt last but we arent gonna just give up! Wheres the fun in that?

Lol! Nice ending, Frost...I sure made short work of Slick...;P...It was funny how that went full-circle...Slick coming after me as Sylar, the Company coming after me, Slick then becoming Company, and finally dying by my radioactive hands...post-7969-1224032811_thumbgif (gotta use one last time :D)

Great job to all! That was fun...and far more acting than I'm use to...hope no one got hurt by my feigned aggressiveness B))

Especially Impervious, hope the bullying didn't get to you...I was a little suspicious of you but when you dropped that obvious hint to your role I kept on your case so that the Company wouldn't kill you...it was an act ;)...but it was funny when you actually thought I was going to kill you and started calling out for saving roles...ironically what I was trying to do was make it so that you didn't need a saving role...that's why I kept stressing that you should trust me as the veteran player and confirmed innocent ;).

Sorry Prof. T, I misunderstood your hint...thanks for protecting me anyways ;P. No one fell into our trap to pretend to be Parkman, but I'm surprised no one else claimed to be Nathan...I figured out who SK was by the fact that every one of her posts in Day 1 ended with a plea to Hiro to take back his kill on GC...;)

To the Company: Nice plan, setting up Bb like that...you knew Itachi would go for him and when it was revealed that Bb was an innocent, Itachi would be next (maybe even killed by Ted or Niki)...it might have worked...except I didn't die ;P...but it really was an excellent plan.

All in all, great game and many thanks to Frost and Bb for making it!

And I will see you all on the cruise! I call Julie !! ha ha

Curses! I wanted to be the Activities Director..oh well, I'm happy to be Gopher (I had a crush on him when I was a wee little girl :wub: )

And probably all the other Heroes too. I wasn't even sure just how useful Molly's power would be but I guess it was more useful than I first thought.

Oh, yeah, and I hope you saw my hidden message to you ;). I went after you vocally b/c I wasn't sure of you...I was testing you...

The ppl I was sure of as baddies I pretty much kept quiet about...since I had been outed and they had Candice and the Haitian, if they knew I was coming after them, they could counter me...

...that's why I didn't express my suspicions of Slick2...b/c I was planning to kill him. :D

...okay, one last time ;P...post-7969-1224034501_thumbgif

Especially Impervious, hope the bullying didn't get to you...I was a little suspicious of you but when you dropped that obvious hint to your role I kept on your case so that the Company wouldn't kill you...it was an act ;)...but it was funny when you actually thought I was going to kill you and started calling out for saving roles...ironically what I was trying to do was make it so that you didn't need a saving role...that's why I kept stressing that you should trust me as the veteran player and confirmed innocent ;)

nah it didn't get to me. I began to figure out what you were doing a little while after all that harassment :) I was more concerned with hiding my identity as long as possible as I knew if the company figured out who I was, I'd be dead the next night. Once I knew PM knew who I was, I knew if I had to I could use him to vouch for me.

As for the company, crazypainter kept coming after me again and again, even after I was deemed part of the Heroes by all of you. PG made it obvious to me who she was when she asked that question about Candice's effect on Hiro. Slick kept acting like a hero even after we had all figured out who we all were so I knew he had to be. And as for Kat, she was all that was left to choose form so she made it into the company by default:) I had a list of who everyone was on my comp at work that had who i thought everyone was, I only had HRG and Linderman switched.

It was fun guys. Kinda nice to not die my first round (thanks to Y-san). I look forward to 1.1. Except for one small thing...I can't play the n00b card anymore :P

Oh and for those that didn't notice...Here are the hints in this post of mine:

I know this sounds a bit childish but this is getting a bit on my nerves. That's exactly what I was talking about. When I'm silent, I'm suspected...But when I actually talk and speak my opinion, I'm suspected. Just because I take up for him since I'm certain of his role doesn't mean I'm a baddie.

I have a legitimate reason to be confused, it's my first one.

And I'll be straight-forward and tell you I'm one of the heroes.

which i have a sneaking suspicion that is a 'classic' baddie move too...*sigh* oh well. trust me or not I'm a hero, and I'll prove it in time.

It's no trick, my dear.

In time, you'll all see that I'm telling the truth.

Hey look at that GC, you were saved. that was meant to be read in a "hmm i wonder who did that" tone. :P

I know they were a bit vague, but still hints nonetheless.

Oh and PT I was looking through and found the HUGE hint you gave when you were telling Y-San that Itachi made a call for his brother with the ;) face.

edit: typos

Edited by Impervious

Bad guys need to kick it up a notch for Season 2. :P

I hate to spoil the surprise, but since Impervious already mentioned it...

The next game will be Season 1.1. It will be the same cast as this game, but with a few tweaks. This game was great for learning a few slight imbalances, the next game will be even better!

As for season 2, don't expect to see that until after 1.1 and possibly 1.2. Frost and I have already been discussing roles for it. We just don't want to start Season 2 for a while because the whole cast will be changing... and we want to see a game with Sylar actually participating in it. :lol:

The next game will be Season 1.1. It will be the same cast as this game, but with a few tweaks. This game was great for learning a few slight imbalances, the next game will be even better!

As for season 2, don't expect to see that until after 1.1 and possibly 1.2. Frost and I have already been discussing roles for it. We just don't want to start Season 2 for a while because the whole cast will be changing... and we want to see a game with Sylar actually participating in it. :lol:

Ha ha, yeah. I think the Heroes side was a bit too strong. And i'd love to see what goes down with season too since we have to add Elle, Parkman's Dad, Adam, potentiall Maya and her brother....the list goes on...

Bb and Frost. If yall need another hand let me know.

You and me both!!!! I made stupid mistakes in the beginning.....doh!

Ha ha, yeah. I think the Heroes side was a bit too strong. And i'd love to see what goes down with season too since we have to add Elle, Parkman's Dad, Adam, potentiall Maya and her brother....the list goes on...

Bb and Frost. If yall need another hand let me know.

Well, a large part of the thanks (well, for the Heroes...I'm sure it was curses for the Company :P) goes to Itachi for getting Sylar the first night...

...Also...*finally* Itachi and Bb were on the same side in a mafia game!...although they sure did a good job of making it seem like they weren't...;P

Question to the Company: Did you know Sinistral was Parkman? That was a very good choice...

Ah! It was so good! Wonderful job Frost!! I am so in for Season 1.1!!!

I'm so glad I survived in this game :) Great job heroes!!

hehe Kat: "Oh shi...." :lol:

Impervious I got your hint way before you said you had a hint :P

I thought it was hilarious how Slick got so defensive with me and he kept trying to convince others that I was a baddie :lol: No hard feelings Slick? I probably would have done the same thing if I were a baddie ;) i.e. ABR3 (The Laughing Man)

I really am not all that suspicious of you, I just wanted to see a response :)

I won't let people get to me, that was my mistake in my first game

Let me just say that I am also Needed in this game to do good... ;)

I can see how Impervious is acting just as I did in my frist game and thats what mkaes me so suspicious of him, since I was a baddie in that game :blush:

Well I have about 30 minutes left of my lunch break so I'll be here for a little whlie to see what I can make of everyone's posts... :)

Edit: Just so you know I did not mention Impervious just because you voted for him, you posted that while I was typing :P

I am wondering if someone got this hint from me? I usually go back and check my spelling and if I don't know how to spell it I put (sp?) :) so it's rare for me to switch letters around and randomly capitalize certain words unless I want emphasis on the word ;)

Edited by sweetness kat

I am wondering if someone got this hint from me? I usually go back and check my spelling and if I don't know how to spell it I put (sp?) :) so it's rare for me to switch letters around and randomly capitalize certain words unless I want emphasis on the word ;)

That was almost too complex...Everyone makes typos so it would have been hard to spot something like that. And,what, no thanks for me for getting you off the suspect list? :D

Edited by Prince_Marth85

Lol, nice! Actually, I already pegged you for Niki before that based on your stolid and fervent defense of GC to Hiro...;) In a lot of games where ppl aren't so forthcoming about their roles, behavior is a good indicator ;P.